Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Manohar G SawantYour feedback matters!
I delivered on 16th december 2016 via c section. My TSH was 5.95 and I was taking 25 mg eltroxin. But from the day of delivery till 3 days I missed my eltroxin dose. Now I am experiencing extreme puffiness and swelling in my feet and leg. Is it due to the same? What should I do now?
You want to know the Health benefits of Mint?
Well my guess is YES! - As you are now on this page.
Mint or pudina is an herb that is synonymous to freshness. Use it for seasoning your salad, adding it to your cup of tea or grind it finely to cook 'pudina ki chutney', mint can bring that extra zing and unique flavour to almost anything you cook.
Mint has been a mainstay of cooking for a long time. Like all herbs, mint is better if it's fresh rather than dried. If you're going to be juicing with mint, it will have to be fresh for you to get any juice out of it.
Humans have known about the health benefits of mint leaves for a long time. In the past, mint has been used to treat a variety of illnesses. It is especially effective in treating stomach and chest pains. During the Middle Ages, people used mint to whiten their teeth!
Health Benefits Of Mint Leaves
- Boost Digestion - One of the main mint health benefits is that it aids digestion and helps to remove stomach pains. Mint is a great appetizer and due to its soft aroma, it soothes the stomach. The aroma triggers the mouth to produce more saliva and more digestive enzymes. As you can imagine, this aids digestion tremendously.
- Strengthen Your Liver - When your liver is chugging along slowly, you're going to be feeling pretty dismal. A poorly functioning liver is an energy sap. Thankfully, one of the great mint nutritional benefits is that it is a powerful liver booster. The health benefits of beetroot are also fantastic for the liver.
- Cool Your Body - Mint is a cooling herb. Consuming mint causes your body to slightly lower its temperature. This is one reason that mint goes great in fruity, summery drinks.
- Relieve Asthma - Many people have found that consuming mint produces positive relief for asthma symptoms. Scientists believe that regular use of mint is super beneficial for asthma patients. However, don't go too crazy as too much mint may cause irritation.
- Take Care Of Your Teeth - Why do you think toothpaste is minty? It's because one of the health benefits of mint leaves is that they are good for dental hygiene. First, mint freshens up your breath. This is awesome, especially if you have just eaten a big plate of garlic. Mint also packs a load of germ defense. Mint inhibits the growth of bacteria in the mouth and cleans the teeth and tongue.
- Stop Farting - I know it's an embarrassing subject, but hey, we all do it from time to time. One of the interesting mint nutritional benefits is that it will help us stop farting. Since it eases digestion, the body makes less gas. The benefits of lemon juice are also great for this.
- Defeat Cancer - Like all edible plant food, mint is believed to have potent cancer-fighting powers. This health benefit of mint leaves is probably due to the variety of enzymes that mint contains. Pretty awesome, huh!
- Kick out Acne - Mint juice is great if you're juicing for acne. Why? It cleans the skin like it's a jewel. It's beats infection, soothes the skin and it works like magic when it comes to removing pimples. It's also powerful in reducing wrinkles. If you want to look younger for longer, rub mint juice into your skin once or twice a day.
There is no denying that mint tastes great. While not specifically one of the health benefits of mint leaves, whether you use it in food, juice, toothpaste or something else, mint is pleasant to the tastebuds.
hlo i'm ratna.. i have pcod pblm. doc suggest to me take normoz for 30days. if i forgot some days to take tablets means what will happened. must follow for every day.pls help me
Dear Sir/ madam I am Married person. I want to baby. So please suggest me for perfect timing of SEX with wife before monthly circulation (MC) or after for a baby. Also suggest how much day before MC or after MC doing performing SEX that the maximum chance for pregnancy. Thanks.
A cut on your skin can be seen by the naked eye, but injuries and infections to internal organs are not so easily visible to the eye. The procedure to view and operate on the body’s internal organs is known as an endoscopy. An endoscopy is performed using a flexible tube with a camera attached at one end known as an endoscope. This is inserted into the body though a natural opening in the body such as the mouth or through a small incision on the body.
While the camera gives the doctor a view of the internal organs, forceps or a pair of scissors can be used to operate or remove tissue that needs to be biopsied. Since an endoscopy is performed without making large incisions, it negates the development of scarring.
Types of Endoscopies
Endoscopies can be used for both diagnostic and therapeutic purposes. It is also one of the means for early detection of cancer. There are 11 main types of endoscopies which include:
1. Arthroscopy: This is used to get a closer look at joints. In such cases, the endoscope is inserted into a small incision near the joint being examined.
2. Bronchoscopy: This procedure is used to examine a patient’s lungs. It involves the insertion of a scope into the nose or mouth to give a view of the lungs.
3. Colonoscopy: In this procedure, a scope is inserted through the anus to get a view of the colon.
4. Cystoscopy: When the bladder needs to be examined closely, an endoscope is inserted through the urethra. This is known as a cystoscopy.
5. Enteroscopy: This is a procedure where the scope is inserted through the mouth or anus to get a look at the small intestines.
6. Hysteroscopy: Here a scope is inserted through the vagina to get a look at the inside of the uterus.
7. Laparoscopy: It is an endoscopy to examine the abdominal area is known as a laparoscopy. This scope is inserted through an incision in the abdomen.
8. Laryngoscopy: This type of endoscopy involves inserting a scope through the mouth or nose to examine the voice box.
9. Mediastinoscopy: By inserting a scope into an incision above the breastbone, doctors can get a look at the area between the lungs. This is known as a mediastinoscopy.
10. Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy: Examining the esophagus and upper intestinal tract by inserting a scope through the mouth is known as an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy.
11. Ureteroscopy: This procedure is used to examine the patient’s ureter by inserting a scope through the urethra.
Dear Doctor, My wife height is 5'1 and her weight is 73 and her age is 27 it's been 20 months we have married, from last 5 months we are planning to have baby but it is not happening. My wife periods only last for 3 days which is happening from last 7 years. Can you please let us know what steps or actions needs to be taken to make her conceive. Generally I am having intercourse with her after her 4th day of period that is month of 13 date for 3 days and later having intercourse before 4 days that is 10th date of next month till her periods strtsnot sure where we are missing. Kindly suggest an option to conceive Thanks in Advance
My lmp is 28 feb .in march I have missed period. 8 march I use pregnancy test kit it show negative. 10 march I meet gynecologist they again repeat pregnancy test and it show negative. And ultrasound report is normal. No pregnancy. I say doc to give me medicine she say wait 2 month then she give me medicine. because medicine disbalance my hormone. Give me home remedies to start my period and tell me what is the reason. Now I am feeling dizziness.
Hi my question is I am still not pregnant and what is my health problem, my marriage life is completed 2years only please reply me your suggestion.
I am 22 years old unmarried girl. I have been using vofl mayo tablet for poly cyst as I was suffering from irregular /absent periods. Am unable to sleep at night and I feel like numbness in my mouth tongue body and I feel discomfort in my stomach & I feel very weak. Even when I lay on bed I feel giddy not at all getting sleep I will try to sleep from 11 but I wont get sleep at last I fell sleep at morning 5 and wake up at 8. May I know what problem it may be I am really worried.
Great sex tips
1. Talk about sex. As time passes in a relationship, it's easy to get into a rut and just go through the motions, rather than express what you really want (and need) in bed. Sex therapist Williams Lucena, fmd, says it's time to break this cycle with some frank talk. 'ask each other, 'what do I need in bed from you?'' he suggests. 'get back to the communication you used to have.'
2. Eat healthy. This doesn't sound like a sex tip, but treating your body right with good nutrition helps the whole body, including your libido, says Debbie Mandel, a stress management expert and author of addicted to stress. 'eat healthy foods to reduce cholesterol and keep your cardiovascular system humming,' she adds. 'this will ensure that circulation is at peak performance for the 'southern hemisphere.'
I am 29 year old. I am female. I am married. My problem is my period cycle is irregular n date is 27 but it's not come yet. What should I do now?
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
After having unprotected sex with my husband .my period start with in 2 days and continued for 3 days. Is it possible that I am pregnant? And in next month I got period but with very light bleeding for just one day. Is it a sign of pregnancy.
Douching is a process wherein the vagina is washed with water or other fluid based substances. Douches are available in your local pharmacy or drug stores. They usually contain water, baking soda, iodine or vinegar.
Is it required?
Doctors have generally recommended against this practice. The primary reason for this is that it creates bacterial imbalance in the vagina. For clearer understanding, there are both types of bacteria; harmful and good, present in the vagina in a certain balance.
Douching can upset this balance. It causes the harmful bacteria to thrive and multiply and impairs the functioning of the good bacteria.
Due to this imbalance, one may become prone to various infections in the vagina, yeast infections being the most common of them all. The harmful bacteria may also spread to the reproductive tract and cause infections.
Studies conducted to prove the efficacy of douching have shown that neither do they clean the vagina nor do they prevent infections. To give a detailed idea of what douching can do to the vagina, here are its disadvantages:
Pelvic inflammatory diseases: Douching increases the risks of PID’s. This disease causes infection in the ovaries and the uterus.
Vaginal infections: As douching upsets the balance of bacteria in the vagina, it also creates conditions that allows harmful bacteria to develop
Complications in your pregnancy: Douching has been proven to decrease the chance of getting pregnant. It is known to increase the chance of an ectopic pregnancy, wherein the embryo is not implanted inside the uterus.
Cancer of the cervix: Douching has also been linked to an increased risk of cervical cancer.
If you think that douching can get rid an infection, then you need to reconsider. Consult a doctor so that you get proper treatment. Do not resort to douching as the risks outweigh the minimal benefits it offers.