Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manmohan MadanYour feedback matters!
Syphilis is a contagious disease that is sexually transmitted through oral or anal sex. The disease can even be passed from one person to another through kissing for a long time or through physical contact. A pregnant woman is at a high risk of passing the disease to her newborn which can cause abnormalities and even death of the baby. It is caused by the bacteria treponema pallidum.
Symptoms of syphilis
- Primary stage: the symptoms of syphilis are visible within three weeks which appears as a single and painless sore on the penis or inside vagina and rectum.
- Secondary stage: in the secondary stage, the symptoms manifest themselves as red or brown spots visible on soles of feet or palms of hand. They can be accompanied by fever, headache, swollen glands, fatigue and hair loss in patches.
- Latent stage: in this stage, a person has no symptoms but the infection is still present in the body.
- Late stage: this stage occurs 10-20 years after a person had first contracted syphilis. In this stage, the organs are severely damaged, including heart, brain and nervous system. It can cause paralysis or even death.
Can this condition be cured?
With a single dose of the antibiotic penicillin, syphilis is easily curable in its early stage. If the condition persists for over a year, additional doses might be required. It should be treated early to prevent further complications. There are other options for patients who are allergic to penicillin. Until the sore or rash heals completely, after the treatment of syphilis, you should abstain from having sex. If syphilis is left untreated, some severe and permanent damage can be triggered by it, including blindness, dementia or even death.
- Aids in digestion.
- Helps in treating acne.
- Beneficial in weight loss.
- Boost immune system and overall health.
- Helps in proper functioning of thyroid glands.
- Helps to prevent atherosclerosis and heart attack.
- Helps in cellular growth, repair and wound healing.
- Helps to prevent constipation, bloating and colon cancer.
2 months ago I had and sexual activity with my gf. We did not had sexual intercourse. We only had stimulations like fingering etc. I had fear that very very little quantity of my sperms have entered her by my fingers. She had her periods for two months. She did not missed her periods but 2 days ago we again had activities only and no sexual intercourse but from yesterday she is feeling weakness nausea and vomiting with some fever. Wat could be the reason? Can she be preg? But she had her periods last month and is it possible that she cn be preg even if she had her periods? Her expected periods in may is 11th please help its urgent.
29 year old. Sir Me janna chahta hu ki shadi ke baad daily sex krne se koi problem to nhi hoti na? 2. Agar husband wife abhi family planning nhi krana chahte ho or daily sex krte ho to in future me family planning me koi problem to nhi hoti ? Pls give me some advise.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
I am 47 years old and I am suffering from acidity problem since last 3-4 yrs. If I fell pain in any part of the body n if I press there air is released through mouth. I also often get gases. I hv to go to toilet twice a day. My MC periods hv been stopped since last 7 yrs. please help me getting rid of this.
Good health is indeed the key to success. If you were of the idea, that health is a biological factor that you are born with and that can be altered or rectified with the advice of a medical practitioner, you are extremely mistaken. To some extent, the quality of your health is in your hands. Physical health goes hand in hand with your psychological health. Like doctors say, a person might be facing some very serious disease, but being mentally strong can help him or her overcome difficulties. Your day-to-day attitude in life is also of great consequence; it decides your overall health when recorded for a year or more.
Effects of positive thoughts on a person's health:
- Worry less: Fretting is the worst way of coping in life. Each and every individual has issues gnawing at their existence. The best way to deal with problems is to face them with a calm and logical mind. Being anxious over a certain occurrence doesn't help you get anywhere in life. People who worry less have a longer and healthier life.
- Once you forgive, you naturally move on: Holding on to grudges is an utterly depressing way to carry on with the course of life. Unless you forgive, you are stuck at one single point. This holds you back from achieving to the best of your abilities. Forgiveness doesn't let the other person win; it only helps you live without emotional baggage.
- Learn to be resilient in times of stress: Thinking yourself as weak is an easy way to let hurdles take control of you. You should be of a strong disposition. Whatever the situation is, a person should take it in stride and consider it as a passing phase. Keep reminding yourself you will be back on your feet in no time at all. Being mentally weak can lead to nervous breakdowns.
- Creativity can help you sleep over remorse: Fear, anger, hatred or remorse are emotions that bog you down. Every human being should try and channelize their energies into something useful. Thinking creatively is beneficial for oneself.
- Never say 'impossible': Giving up on your dreams shows you in poor light. Treating a goal as impossible even before attempting to attain it can be very bad for your health. It can result in chronic nervousness.
What really causes personality disorders?
Personality disorders (pd) are anomalies in behavioral patterns of an individual that are characterized by impairments in personal and interpersonal functioning. These are maladaptive psychological conditions that can be mild or intense and can affect a person's relations with others. These are not triggered by the external factors but are inherent abnormalities of behavior and conduct.
The human psyche is a vast and complex field of study which is so diverse that no two cases of psychological dysfunction are the exact same. Personality disorders are of numerous types, each having a different set of causes and traits.
Broadly speaking, they can be classified into three extensive 'clusters' or categories.
Cluster a includes odd or eccentric disorders like paranoid pd,
Cluster b includes dramatic or erratic disorders such as antisocial pd, and
Cluster c includes fearful and anxious disorders like avoidant pd.
Personality disorders are caused by a wide range of factors which impact each individual in a different manner. The most basic and common causes of pd are as follows:
- sexual abuse
- physical abuse
- emotional abuse
- verbal abuse
In most cases, abuse occurs during childhood and the pd takes manifestation in the teenage and adult years. A combination of multiple factors gives rise to complicated disorders which have more acute symptoms. Accidents and trauma can also give rise to personality disorders later in life.
Counseling and psychological therapy are used to tackle the problem and alleviate symptoms. Each case requires a different kind of approach and sometimes intake of medication is also deemed necessary. Diagnosis is always subjective and takes into account various aspects of the patient's life.
I am a 31 years old male and my wife is of 30 yrs. We are expecting a baby in jan end. I want to know that should we do sex during this period as many Dr. say that it is not good for the baby to do sex. Also tell me the ways how we can control ourselves so that we don't get intimate. please explain in detail the advantages and disadvantages of doing sex. Also advise that up to what period we should not do sex after baby birth.
I got married in Nov 27. We both were planning to have baby so we tried unprotected sex.but still there is no positive results. Am having problem of asthma. From child hood am taking medicine combihale fb 200. Please. Help me out.
Dear Dr. I had made physical relation with my wife on 12 jan 2016 and her period came on 25 jan 2016 but its 28 feb and still her periods have not came we did 2 times pregnancy test with preganews but it shows negative I feel so scare is she pregnant doctor. And why periods is not happening please help me doctor.
My wife had hysterectomy in june 13 in which ovaries and uterus were removed.Of late she is experiencing burning sensation during intercourse. Further any diaetry /medicinal supplement o mitigate the side effects of this operation
I am 24 years old woman. I am pregnant for the 1st month but I don't want this pregnancy. How can I avoid this and prevent the pregnancy in future?
Iam a 20year old. Iam having severe lower abdomen pain and I vomited once. What reason it shall be? my periods date is only after 14days. Iam worried.
I want to have sex with my girlfriend without using condom and I don't want her to get pregnant. What is the safe and healthy tips please suggest me?
Juvenile arthritis also known as juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and is a chronic, systematic and inflammatory disease, which causes damage to joints or damages of connective tissues. Symptoms include fever, rashes and hepato-spleenomegaly. This disease is persistent and inflammatory in nature and occurs before the age of sixteen. Homeopathy is widely used to cure juvenile arthritis. Here is a list of the best homeopathic medicines used to treat juvenile arthritis along with the symptoms based on which they are prescribed.
- Abrotanum: This homeopathic medicine is used when a child is suffering from juvenile arthritis and is unable to move. Symptoms include soreness and paleness and the condition worsens in the morning. Gouts may occur in the wrists or ankles. Inflammatory rheumatism is indicated before the start of swelling. Marasmus of children may occur signified by marked emaciation, especially in the leg. The skin tends to hang loose and gets flabby. Constipation and diarrhea occur.
- Aconite: Aconite is a homeopathic remedy, which is used in arthritis where there is tearing pain in the limbs. Violent pulls in the joints and bones are experienced. Contraction of the tendons and feeling stiff in the flexor muscles are other symptoms. Cramps affect several limbs. Aconite is used in early stages of juvenile arthritis. Atmospheric changes affect the patient, and dark hair, and eyes are developed. The muscle fibres becomes rigid.
- Apis: Apis is used in oedematous swellings and synovitis. The knee gets swollen, sensitive, sore and shiny along with stinging pain. The feet also swell and feel extra large. There is a rheumatic pain in the backside and in the limbs. The fingertips and hands become numb, and the patient is tired. Glands are enlarged or indurated.
- Arsenicum Album: This homeopathic medicine is used in juvenile arthritis where the patient experiences acute pain in the arms and hands. The pain begins from the elbow and extends to the armpits. There is an acute, pulling and shooting sensation in the wrists. The fingers swell as well along with pain in the finger bones. Cramps occur in the legs and swelling is felt in the palms at night. The hips experience acute pain as well, which extends to the thighs, groins and ankle bones.
- Belladona: Belladona is used for joint and bone pains. The pains generally increase at night and during the afternoon. Any kind of movement or touch leads to aggravation in the pain. Palpitations in muscles are caused. Cramps, spasms and movements which are convulsive are indicated.
Homeopathy is an ideal remedy for treatment of juvenile arthritis. Homeopathy being purely natural has no side effects and puts a check on all underlying causes of juvenile arthritis.