Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manjusha Sailukar
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manjusha SailukarYour feedback matters!
How safe using Clobetasol Propionate & Gentamicin Sulphate Cream Clop-G cream for 3 months old baby boy? Is it contain steroids?
I am very concerned with two problems regarding my baby. 1.delayed speech, 2 comparatively less weight. 1.delayed speech: my baby is 22+ months old. She still tells few words such as" ta ta, ga ga" na na" ma ma" ba ba" sometimes alone. When I tell her to tell something, she does not say anything. She looks at me and laugh sometimes. She listens to my song and rhymes and laughs. She points out every thing by hinting. She does not want to say anything, though her learning of walking is also delayed. She leant to walk in 18 to 20 months. 2.Less weight: Her present weight is10+ kg. But weight should be more than it. I desperately need any harmless and effective medicated health drink or milk for her. please tell the solutions for those problems. I am very worried. Thanking u.
Childhood is bliss, and naturally, it is the ardent desire of every parent to help their child develop as well-rounded adults. However, it can be highly disconcerting if a young child behaves in a defiant, uncooperative manner with extreme hostility towards you. If this is the case, then you must consult with a psychiatrist to find out if your child is suffering from a behavioral disorder which is typically characterized by repetitive and persistent behavior for at least 6 months and more, which are uncommon in other children of the same age.
Types of behavioral disorder
Behavioral disorder can be of various types. However, among the children within 14 years of age, there are three most common types of behavioral disorders. These are conduct disorder where children become violent, aggressive and deceitful, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, where they fail to stay attentive to one thing for long and oppositional defiant disorder, where the children fail to follow disciplines and become argumentative, and defiant.
Some of the common signs of a behavioral disorder among children are, threatening or harming themselves or people around them, getting into arguments frequently and throwing tantrums excessively. It might also include getting attracted to different addictions at an early age such as drug use or smoking, inability to perform well in school or developing a tendency to skip school, destroying and damaging property, stealing or lying.
Causes behind it
Factors causing children to develop behavioral disorder can be various. In some cases, it can be a solely genetic reason where the frontal lobe of the brain fails to act correctly. But for others, the reason may be the environment or the way the children are brought up, such as, being a victim of child abuse, or having a dysfunctional family, being neglected, etc.
Probable risks involved
Developing behavioral disorder not only disrupts the daily functioning and activities of a child, but it makes children burst in sudden anger, erupt in defiance, ignoring the disciplines, hampering the harmony and peace of a household.
Ways of dealing with it
The treatments that are available for dealing with behavioral disorder in children are multifaceted, depending on the factors contributing to it and the condition of the child. First of all, the parents need to develop traits like empathy, calm temperament and a cooperative attitude to better communicate with their children. Along with teaching the children various social skills, teaching them anger management, and encouraging them in their hobbies, prescribed medications, family therapy as well as cognitive behavioral therapy might be helpful.
If left untreated for long, behavioral disorder in children can cause severe mental health issues, leading them even to become dysfunctional adults.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My baby is 1month old. He's just crying. What cud b the reason. Hez nt hungry, his diapers r also clean.
I have 4 month old baby unhappy always when awake and want to be held by anyone hate to lay flat even for nappy change doctor says stop bottle and feed with spoon done that from last 4 days but still the same behaviour don't understand why please help he is exclusively on top feed dexolac1as recommended by my Dr. can't see my baby like this it hurts when he is unhappy please help.
My 9 months daughter is teething. I want to know any homeopathic medicine for her. I am giving her calcium and vitamin supplements. please also suggest calcarea phos can be given to her. If so how much tabs be given.
Tragedies are a part of life and at some point in life, every person faces them. It may be in different forms like separation, crisis in relationships, financial stress, death of a loved one, some severe disease and many others. Such tragedies can cripple anybody from inside out, but the children can have a devastating effect on their lives. Therefore, it is important that you love and support them during this phase and help them face the situation well.
Here are a few ways of dealing with the effects of tragedies on kids:
- Talk to them, honestly: It is important to assure the kids that they are not alone in this world and should remember that there are many other people who love them. In case of a tragedy, kids usually have a lot of pent-up feelings inside them. You need to talk to them and make them understand that instead of keeping those feelings to themselves, they should talk to you or anyone they trust. Venting out will enable them to relax.
- Act on truth: It is very important to teach the children that no matter what happens in life, there is a chance to start afresh. The kids should be surrounded with people they love, as it will make them feel a little relaxed and open. Also, it is essential for them to know that there’s always hope and not all is lost.
- Remain calm: After a large scale tragedy, your children will usually look up to you regarding, how to react in a situation. Although it is okay for your children to see you sad or in grief, but you should keep as calm as possible and do not react intensely. This will help keep them calm and less anxious.
- Reassure your children about safety: You should make your children understand that they are safe and nothing bad will happen to them. They must be reassured that no harm will come upon them as you are always with them.
- Maintain normal routine: It is essential to give your children a feeling of normalcy. You must try to maintain their normal schedule with the usual dinner time, bed time and school time. You must pay special attention to them to make them feel more secure. You should spend extra time with them and always be there for company and reassurance for any factor.
Children are affected severely by any kind of tragedies as they are fragile and immature. Tragedies disrupt the balance of life, but you must try to make your children feel the crisis as less as possible, so that they get less hampered emotionally. A troubled childhood affects the healthy growing up of a child. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!