Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manjuri Kawde
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manjuri KawdeYour feedback matters!
Sir last night I do sex with my gf without condom and now I am afraid sir please tell me she would pregnant or not.
I have a pain less blister on penis. It developed two or three months ago. I am 30 years old, married since last two years. Not having an active sex life as my wife is having 4 months pregnancy. Pls advice me.
My daughter is 17 years old. She had missed her periods in the month of December and still we are waiting for the periods. This is the first time her periods are getting delayed. She is getting acne in her chest and shoulders. Is this a matter for worry? She is doing her 12 th std now. We are very much worried please give me a solution.
An estimate suggests that about 30% of the Indian population relies solely on the homeopathic treatment for their medical complications. People have witnessed incredible results with homeopathy. The best part of homeopathy is that there are no side effects associated with it, which makes it a much safer form of treatment.
Here are 5 reasons to switch to homeopathic medicine:
- There are no side effects: Homeopathic medicines are made from natural substances and so they are non-toxic and free from side effects. They are given to the patient in small doses and so, the healing approach is gentle and gradual. They can also be used by people of all ages and even those in delicate conditions like pregnancy, chronic diseases etc. Even if the wrong medicine is prescribed to the patient, it does not cause much harm to the body.
- The remedies are non-invasive: No homeopathic remedy involves surgical procedures or invasive techniques. So, there is absolutely no chance of infection or further complication. The medicines and therapies are also aimed at eliminating the root cause of the disorder instead of just providing temporary relief from the symptoms.
- It is an individualized form of treatment: A homeopathic practitioner evaluates the patient's overall health and discusses his problems and expectations before prescribing treatment. All the homeopathic remedies are made with the individual's specific climatic conditions, allergies, stress factors, food habits and lifestyle in mind. Homeopathy also optimizes the immune system and it is equally effective for physical and psychological disorders.
- Homeopathic medicines are easily accessible: Homeopathic remedies are available in most places as they are made directly from the abundant natural resources. There are also several alternatives to a medicine depending on the kind of plants and minerals found in a particular region. Moreover, the medicines do not have an expiration date and can be stored for a long period of time, if kept properly.
- Homeopathic medicines are not addictive: Once the disease is healed, the person can easily stop using the medicines since they have no addictive property. This is because the active ingredient is used in minute quantity in homeopathic medication. Hence, these remedies are also safe for infants, children, pregnant and breastfeeding women, aged people and people with addiction problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I am in first trimester of pregnancy. My Dr. asks me to have cap macgest 200 mg for 15 days Is it safe to have that?
I did ivf last month. Now am pregnant .last period was 15_11_2016. In which week I am now? What symptoms should I feel now in this stage? When can I check the pulse of baby in ultrasound?
I have got my wifes blood report from umbilical cord banking, All other tests are non-reactive or not detected except for CMV IgG. What does this indicate. Will this cause a problem in the baby? My baby is on exclusively breastfeeding. Please help.
Protein supplement guide
Protein supplements for weight gain. As we all know the food you eat is extremely important and you should always make a conscious effort to eat healthy. But because of unbelievably hectic schedules and pressures from work and personal life, it is next to impossible to eat six perfectly balanced daily meals throughout the day. Thus a huge range of protein and other dietary supplements are available in the market. But most people don’t know the why, how much, when and which protein supplements is to be used.
What are protein supplements?
Protein supplements are powders and bars that consist mainly of protein (mostly whey). As an active person, you need a diet rich in protein to improve muscle recovery and growth, maintain muscle tissue, and strengthen your immune system. But most of the people don’t have the time to actively look after diet, so protein supplements can provide you the convenience needed.
Different types of protein supplements:
There are different types of protein supplements available in the market like:
Whey protein: Whey protein supplements are made from cow’s milk. Owing to its quick digestibility, it helps in quick recovery from exercise. Whey protein supplements preserve muscles and hence they are the best to use.
Casein protein: Pronounced kay-seen, it is the predominant protein found in milk. 80% of cow’s milk is casein and only 20% is whey. Casein molecules form a gel in the stomach, which is able to provide a sustained slow release of amino acids into the blood stream, sometimes lasting for several hours (3 to 7 hours). This makes casein an ideal choice before bedtime to support growth and recovery as you sleep.
Beef protein: As the name suggests, they are derived from beef and are released slowly in the bloodstream. They are a rich source of blood building iron and also b-vitamins. They are digested in 4 to 5 hours.
Egg white protein: Egg white protein is made from egg whites and has many of the benefits of egg whites. It is recognized by body builders and nutritionists as a highly superior source of protein.
Soy protein: The rather slower releasing proteins, soy proteins are catching on with their counterparts because soy has the ability to reduce the risk of hormone-dependent cancers. They are digested in 2 to 3 hours. Soy protein is popular among vegetarians as it is made from soy beans. American heart association considers it as a “heart-friendly” protein.
All these protein sources provide all nine essential amino acids that your body cannot make on its own, and are therefore considered “complete” proteins. They are available in fluid, powder, and solid food formulations.
How much protein do you need?
According to the american dietetic association, a healthy adult needs one gram of protein per kilogram of body weight per day. So if you weigh around 65 kg, you would need about 65 grams of protein a day.
However, if you are a sportsmen or an athletic, you would need anywhere between 1.6 to 1.8 gram of protein per kilogram of body weight. If you are consuming more than 2 grams of protein per kilo of body weight per day, it’s important that you drink plenty of water to help protect your kidneys.
Do you need protein supplements?
According to nutritionists, your entire protein requirement can be met by dietary sources alone. But if you don’t have time to go home and prepare a meal or have trouble eating anything in the morning; protein supplements are a convenient way to ensure that you meet your protein needs. Athletes and seniors may benefit from a using protein supplements, as they tend to have higher protein requirements.
Are there any side effects?
Although protein supplements are one of the most excellent forms of protein, there are a few side effects:
Whey protein concentrates can cause allergies in people who are lactose intolerant. Lactose intolerant people should choose whey protein isolate as they usually contain less than 0.1 gram of lactose per tablespoon.
Extremely high qualities of proteins can affect kidney functions negatively.
High doses of protein also exert an unbearable pressure on liver and may lead to liver damage. It can also cause an increase in urinary calcium loss, which can increase your risk of osteoporosis.