Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ManjulaYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor ,today I noticed my left hand side breast is feeling heavy and milky white like substance is flow when it squeeze it (only 1drop. I hv irregular menstruation problem .and I am trying for baby also. What's this Indication is? Or it's any health issues?
What is ECMO?
Like dialysis for unfunctional kidney, Ecmo for unfunctional lung.
Ecmo stands for extracorporeal membrane oxygenation. It is a method of giving oxygen for the body when icu pateint lungs and/or heart are not able to supply oxygen on their own.
Why ICU pateint put on ECMO?
Doctors place ICU patients on ECMO when patients are not able to supply oxygen to the body.
ICU patients’ lungs fail for a number of reasons including pneumonia, lung cancer, pulmonary edema, pulmonary embolism and COPD.
When a patient’s lungs fail, he/she first is intubated (breathing tube) and hooked up to a ventilator (breathing machine).
However, sometimes lungs are so damaged that providing oxygen through intubation is not enough.
This is when doctors turn to v-v ecmo.
A heart can fail for many reasons including heart attack, pulmonary embolism, bad valve disease, or worsening heart failure. When a heart fails, doctors try to fix the underlying problem. They may also start medications (called ionotropes) to help improve the pump function of the heart. If medications are not enough, doctors will turn to v-a ecmo.
How long can someone stay on ecmo?
That is a complicated question. Due to the risks of ecmo discussed above, doctors try to keep patients on ecmo for as short a time as possible. Often patient will be on ecmo for several days up to 1-2 weeks. Every day, several blood and imaging tests are done to determine if a patient is ready to come off ecmo. As the technology of ecmo improves, hopefully side effects will decrease and patients can remain on ecmo for longer periods of time.
What is the difference between ecmo and a ventilator (breathing machine)?
Both ecmo and a ventilator aim to provide oxygen to the body when the patient’s own lungs and breathing are failing. The ventilator assists the patient’s own lungs by pushing oxygen with pressure into the lungs. Ecmo instead provides oxygen directly via a catheter placed in a patient’s vein or artery. We almost always try oxygenating a patient with a ventilator first. However, when a patient’s lungs are too sick for this, we turn to ecmo to assist in providing oxygen to the body. V-v ecmo provides oxygen through a vein. This blood then has to travel to the heart and be pumped around the rest of the body through arteries. Therefore, with v-v ecmo or with a ventilator, a patient must have a well-functioning heart to get the oxygen pumped throughout the body. V-a ecmo has the additional advantage of pumping blood directly to arteries. This “by-passes” the heart and is therefore the method of ecmo we use when a patient’s heart is failing.
1) Is there any possible if I take laproscop treatment for my tubes closed 2) without laproscop is there any medicine to take. 3) After taking laproscop how my days I have to take rest. 4) After taking laparoscope is there any use to my 2nd pregnancy.
I am suffering from pcod (polyscitic ovary disease. My periods occurs within the interval of 2 months. And bleeding continues whole month. My doc had suggested me to take premolt and regestrone. Plssss tell me is it safe fr me to take those medicines. I am too much confused because these are the periods control medicine and I do not wanna pause my periods fr a short interval of time. Plss help me.
Sir .I am a unmarried and .I have sex with a girl without condom .then afternoon marriage I will get HIV or AIDS .please help me.
I am 34. Having or suffering from small Rasouli in hand. What is the best way to get it of? Apart from operation.
Main me apni girl friend se sex Kia hai air condom fatt gya so pregnet ho gai hai and usse mensis nai aye 5 din ho gaye abhi to pregnancy ko khatam karne ki koi medicine btaye ?
How can I make my stitches faster dissolve? I have 5 stitches at my vaginal area after baby delivery? And its pained alot What I can do?
किसी भी कार्य-छेत्र में सफलता हेतु सबसे ज़रूरी है अपने बॉस व सहकर्मियों पर एक अच्छा प्रभाव बनाना। हालांकि यह एक व्यक्ति के आचरण पर बहुत हद तक निर्भर करता है कि वो कैसी छवि बना पाता है, परंतु सत्य यह भी है कि शारीरिक गठन व वेशभूषा ही प्रथम आकर्षण होता है। इसी प्रभाव को बनाने के लिये आज भारी मात्रा में लोग जिम् जाना चाहते हैं और एक सुडौल शरीर बनाना चाहते हैं। पर बॉडी बनाते वक़्त सबसे ज़्यादा ज़रूरी यह नहीं होता की आज आपने कितना भार उठाया। बल्कि उसके बारे में सटीक जानकारी, किसी भी प्रकार के चोट से सुरक्षा के नियम इत्यादि का ज्ञान होना अनिवार्य है। यहाँ आपको ऐसे ही कुछ छोटे छोटे नियम बताये जा रहे हैं जो काफी काम आ सकते हैं।
1. किसी भी शारीरिक कार्य में शामिल होने से पहले डॉक्टर की सलाह अवश्य लें।
अलग अलग लोगों की मांसपेशियाँ अलग अलग भारउत्तोलन के लिए बनी होती हैं। ऐसे में सही यही है कि डॉक्टर से जांच करा ली जाए व अपनी क्षमता के अनुरूप ही कसरत की जाए।
2. साँसों पर नियंत्रण रखें।
इसका ये अर्थ नहीं है कि आप साँसों को रोकें। परंतु एक्सरसाइज करते वक़्त सही समय पर साँस लेना भी एक सही शरीर के निर्माण में सहायक होता है।
3. संतुलित भोजन करें।
शरीर के विकास में सबसे बड़ा योगदान खाने का ही होता है, इसलिए ज़रूरी है कि आप एक्सरसाइज के साथ साथ अपने खानपान का भी विशेष ध्यान रखें जिससे कि वजन में अधिक वृद्धि न हो, शरीर में चर्बी न जमें व पर्याप्त शक्ति बनी रहे।
4. पानी भी पर्याप्त मात्रा में पियें।
भोजन और पेय साथ साथ चलने वाले पदार्थ हैं। इसलिए आवश्यक है कि दिन में तीन से चार लीटर पानी अवश्य पियें, ताकि शरीर में मेटाबोलिज्म की गति भी सही रहे और शरीर पर एक तेज़ बना रहे।
5. अपने पसंद अनुकूल ही जिम पसंद करें।
जिम के ट्रेनर व सारे साधनों के साथ साथ ये भी देखें कि आपका जिम एक अच्छे जगह पर स्थित है जहाँ का माहौल खुशनुमा है। इससे आपके शरीर को भी मेहनत करने की ऊर्जा मिलेगी और आप अपने एक्सरसाइजेज भलीभाँति कर पाएंगे।
6. मांसपेशियों में मज़बूती लाएँ।
अधिक एक्सरसाइज कर दबाव या टान पड़ने से बचें और इतनी कसरत भी न करें कि चोट लग जाए। कम से ज़्यादा की ओर जाते हुए भार उठाने की आदत डालें और मांसपेशियों में मज़बूती लाएं।
7. किसी संगी के साथ कसरत करने की आदत डालें।
किसी के साथ कसरत करने के अनेक फ़ायदे हो सकते हैं। पहला तो आप कभी भी अपने काम से ऊबेंगे नहीं। दूसरा, आपको एक कड़ी टक्कर मिलेगी जिससे स्वतः ही आप कसरत सही प्रकार से करने में चूकेंगे नहीं।
8. अपने शरीर की ज़रूरतों को जानें।
आपसे बेहतर आपके शरीर को आख़िर कौन जानता है? इसलिए आप खुद ही उसकी जरूरतों को समझें। अगर लगता है कि उसे एक दिन आराम की ज़रुरत है तो अवश्य ही आराम करें। परंतु हाँ, इसे रोज़ की आदत भी न बनने दें।
9. अपने एक्सरसाइजेज को अपने हिसाब से तय करवाएं।
उतनी ही कसरत करें जितने में आपके शरीर को कोई नुकसान या कष्ट न हो। अपने ट्रेनर को तुरंत बताएं अगर कोई भी ऐसी परेशानी आपको किसी भी एक्सरसाइज से महसूस हो। अपने दिनचर्या में स्ट्रेचिंग को स्थान अवश्य दें। इससे मांसपेशियां खुल सी जाती हैं।
10. अधिक विश्राम के बाद अचानक काफी एक्सरसाइज न करें।एक बार लंबे विश्राम के बाद शरीर को पुनः अभ्यस्त होने में वक़्त लगता है। इसलिये, एक बार में कोई कठिन कार्य न चुनें। सरल कसरत के शुरुआत करने की चेष्टा करें।
11. योगासन को दें जगह।
सिर्फ जिम जा कर एक्सरसाइज ही न करें बल्कि योगासन को भी अपनी दिनचर्या में शामिल करें। इस से न केवल आपके स्वास्थ्य में बेहतरी होगी, बल्कि आपकी शरीर गठन में भी मदद मिलेगी।
Why is it every time I had sex my vagina releases milky white discharge that makes my panties smell foul. I had sex last Thursday and up to now it is releasing white discharge. I had sex twice that day. The second one was doubtful because when he pulled it I saw him ejaculated only small amount of it. I thought it was normal because it was the second time and he was tired. But then he asked me to check my vagina. I really saw that when he pulled it, the sperm didn't come already. He had to do some hand job before the sperm came out. But only one bomb of it. My vagina became itchy. He also told me that he didn't feel his sperm coming out, but he really pulled it. And the sperm came out. So that's why he is not sure because he did not feel it. I took a pt, its negative but my menstruation should come 2 weeks from now. I'm always regular but I remember last May 25-31. Then the next period was too early. It came at June 15-20. Is there a possibility that I will not have my period this month because my last period came too early distegarding that I might pregnant? And, am I pregnant?
I am 24 year old. I have pcos. I got married 7 months ago. I am 5 to 6 weeks pregnant. I am getting pain in left side lower abdomen and pelvis but no bleeding. I had ultrasound scanning 10 days back and it showed only small cysts nothing else. Please help me why I am getting the pain. I am really worried about it.
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. The survival rate of the baby is extremely low, and you may need some time to get over your loss. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
- Pain in your neck, rectum or shoulder
- Rupture of the fallopian tubes can cause fainting due to the bleeding and pain
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy.
M 10th month pregnant its too muchh itching in palms n feet but now on full body doc give me medicine but no response may j know why please suggest me.
Divya had a pill twice in this month due to unprotected sex one on 4 July n one on 19 July . Her periods used to come on 21 July but no sign till 24 . Please advise if we need to check with doctor or is that normal.
I have irregular periods related issue since 4-5 months. I have taken medicines for migraine headache. My periods gets late for 6-7 days every month. Earlier it lasts for 6-7 days now only for 2-3 days (thicker blood). Also too much acne on my face on these days.
Are you suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and are looking for an ideal remedy? Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a common female health condition. It is a complex disorder and involves several factors which include insulin resistance, obesity, irregular menstrual bleeding, insufficient ovum production, and abnormal menstrual cycles. PCOD commonly occurs during the reproductive age of a woman and accounts for being a major cause of infertility.
According to Ayurvedic principles, PCOD occurs primarily due to the imbalance state of your doshas. The dosha vaishanmya is linked to the symptoms of PCOD, and the relationship between the doshas and lakshans is permanent.
PCOD is associated with stri beeja and rajah formation, along with medhodhantu to some extent. These should be attended to while the condition is being treated. The Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD aims at providing ideal care by correction of the ama dosha. By this, you achieve koshta shuddi, which in turn regularizes your tridoshas. The way or approach towards Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD includes the following:
- Treatment of agnimandya at both dhatwagni and jataragni levels.
- The alleviation of sroto avarodha is an essential part of PCOD treatment using Ayurveda. You should undertake purificatory therapies which are based on the grade of your doshic vitialation, and the exact area of affliction. These should be followed by rasayana drugs, which are free radical scavenging agents.
- The regularization of the apana Vata is essential as well. You must firmly avoid vihara and kaphkara ahara.
- Yoga and meditation are very important for the Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD. You should perform yoga asanas regularly. Some of the ideal postures for PCOD management include sarvangasana, matyasana, and shavasana.
- It is also very important for you to work out regularly, undertake different physical exercises. This will make your overall life much healthier.
- You must follow a healthy, balanced diet regularly, which should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of PCOD
- The varuna crataeva nurvala is an effective herb which helps in the clearance of channels, which reduces your cyst’s size.
- You can try hareetaki because of its amazing laxative effects, which reduce the morbidity of your body.
- Bilva or aegle marmelos heps in reducing the size of your growth, via its digestive effect.
- Strotasshuddhi is required and herbs likes Punarnava, kaphhar medicines are advised.
- Phytooestrogen sources and female tonic Shatavari is very much advised.
- Agnimantha, similar to lions. Lake er dhareyjata
- Guduchi is another effective remedy for PCOD and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Kanchnar is the drug of choice for Thyroid as per AYURVEDA, Strotasshuddhi is done by using Trikatu, Punarnava and other medicines. Rasayan like Shatavari are advised for enhancing female hormones.
If you are experiencing any symptom of PCOD, it is recommended for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner. This ensures that proper diagnosis is undertaken so that you can start treating the condition as early as possible.