Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manju Kumar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manju KumarYour feedback matters!
Keep healthy in winter by including plenty of these 5 foods in your diet. Although there are fewer foods that are in winter season than in summer. Here are 5 of the healthiest winter foods you should be eating.
1. Pomegranates - Chances are you have tasted pomegranates in their newly popular juice form. And from a heart-health perspective, thats probably a good thing. Pomegranate juice is rich in antioxidants (more so than other fruit juices), just a cup daily might help to keep free radicals from oxidizing ldl bad cholesterol, according to a preliminary study in the american journal of clinical nutrition. Oxidized ldl contributes to plaque buildup in the arteries. Another study showed that drinking pomegranate juice might improve blood flow in the heart in people with myocardial ischemia, a serious condition in which the hearts oxygen supply is compromised because the arteries leading to it are blocked.
2. Dark leafy greens - Dark leafy greens, such as kale, chard and collards, thrive in the chill of winter when the rest of the produce section looks bleak. In fact, a frost can take away the bitterness of kale. These greens are particularly rich in vitamins A, C and K. Collards, mustard greens and escarole are also excellent sources of folate, important for women in childbearing age.
3. Citrus - Citrus fruits, including lemons, limes, oranges and grapefruit, are at their juiciest in the wintertime and can add sunshine to the dreary winter. Citrus fruits are loaded with vitamin, one medium orange delivers more than 100 percent of your daily dose. Citrus fruits are also rich sources of flavonoids. The predominant flavonoid in these fruits hesperidin is credited with boosting good hdl cholesterol and lowering bad ldl cholesterol and triglycerides.
4. Potatoes - Potatoes sometimes get a bad rap for being a white starch, thrown into the same category as white rice or white bread. But unlike those other starches, which have indeed been stripped of healthful nutrients, potatoes are foods that contain several beneficial nutrients. They are an excellent source of two immunity boosters .vitamins C and B6, delivering 25% and 29% of your daily needs per medium potato, respectively. They are also a good source of folate, which is especially important for women in childbearing age, and they deliver fiber (4 grams in a medium potato, women need 25 grams daily and men need 38 grams). If you can find purple potatoes, you will get an added health boon as they are rich in anthocyanins antioxidants that are linked to a host of health benefits, from lowering cancer and heart disease risk to quelling inflammation.
5. Winter squash - There are many varieties of winter squash including butternut, acorn, delicata and spaghetti squash and they all are excellent choices in the winter. One cup of cooked winter squash has few calories (around 80) but is high in both vitamin a (214 percent of the recommended daily value) and vitamin c (33 percent), as well as being a good source of vitamins B6 and K, potassium and folate.
My wife has an ovarian cyst. It is in left side of Overy. About 3 cm in diameter. Can I have unprotected sex. Kya pregnancy ho sakta hai. Pregnancy me koi dikkat to nahi hogi.
I had taken mammography of both breasts because of pain this is the impression of report I got (Complex cysts are noted in both the breasts, benign calcification in right breast, Birads-2)
I had sex with my boy friend just after the next day from my last period. I also took emergency contraceptives after two days from intercourse. Now I am bleeding in just 11 day from my last period. There is any chance of pregnancy.
Junk food is nothing but junk with no nutritional value. While it undoubtedly is lip smacking, but costs us our health without we knowing we are falling into an unhealthy trap.
It is somehow wrong to say we don't know what it does to our health, but we just tend to ignore. The junk food that we prefer to eat contains lots of salt, fat and artificial chemicals and now a days, more and more processed foods are finding their way into our refrigerators as they can just be picked up and eaten anytime hunger pangs are felt.
Refined flour, white sugar, cheese, canned juices, frozen foods, cheese laden pizzas and breads are all yummy, but not something that is readily accepted and digested by your stomach. The most common problem they lead to is constipation as digestive organs find it increasingly difficult to digest them.
While it is advisable to stay away from junk foods or at least not have them very frequently, if its consumption has caused you constipation and you'are looking for ways to find relief, here are some quick ayurvedic remedies for you:
- Aloe vera: Besides acting as a remedy for minor burns and cuts, aloe vera gel also helps soothe your stomach. It functions as a natural laxative by making your stool softer. Moreover, it aids in protein digestion and makes the muscular structure of your intestines stronger, consequently providing relief from constipation. Have 2 tablespoons of aloe gel in morning by mixing it with your glass of fruit juice, or consume 1 cup of aloe vera juice.
- Castor oil: Castor oil is often referred to as a stimulant laxative and is a very useful remedy for constipation. Castor oil enables smooth movement and functioning of the intestines, making it easier for stool to pass. Drink 1 to 2 teaspoons of castor oil on an empty stomach. It takes about 8 hours to show its effect, so decide which time of the day will be suitable for you to consume it.
- Coconut Oil and Flaxseed: Coconut oil is a wonderful hydrating agent and eases stools. Flaxseeds help in the elimination of toxins, excess fat and cholesterol from the body. So in one tablespoon of coconut oil, add half a teaspoon of flaxseeds, chew well and eat this in morning.
- Baking Powder: Baking powder has an alkalizing effect and eases movement through the bowels. Add a teaspoon to 1/4 cup of warm water and drink it quickly for best results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Researchers have identified a receptor in the brain that shows male and female bodies differ greatly in response to stress The findings showed that when we are stressed the cells in our hypothalamus the brain region steps up the production of a receptor called CRFR, known to quickly help activate the stress response nervous system
The study could aid in the development of treatment for regulating hunger or stress responses including anxiety and depression