Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manjiri AvdhaniYour feedback matters!
Daily after lunch I used to have one sugar candy or chocolate. I take medicine for sugar and it is under control. Is it harmful?
I have irregular periods problem, is that due to thyroid, I am using thyroid medicine from two months, now also it is irregular.
Everyday I give insulin to my mother. Yesterday after giving her insulin by mistake I pricked my finger with the same needle with a drop of blood flowing from my finger. Is there any thing to worry about? Can that cause diabetes in me? Please answer.
Whether IME9work for diabetes is there any side effects how long it is to be used because they are saying the drug will cure diabetes.
I have been suffering from diabetes since 1995. Now I am 65. Taking medicines jemer forte 2 one tab before brk fast & jalra m50/1000 one tab before dinner. Blood sugar was well controlled. But since last month b sugar is fasting 125 & pp 182. What to do?
Hello doctor. My father he is 52 years has diabetes. He got to know before 1 month when he went to doctor and doctor said he has 480 sugar. Then he took medicine and another test after few days came out with 174 sugar level and third test is 168 sugar level. Now before 1 week the test came out with 91 sugar level so doctor said this is too low. It should be increased till 120. So please suggest me what he should do and eat to attain that level. He is been too weak. And I am so worried about my father. Please suggest.
As a person with diabetes, you are more vulnerable to foot problems, because diabetes can damage your nerves and reduce blood flow to your feet. The American Diabetes Association estimates that one in five people with diabetes who seek hospital care do so for foot problems. By taking proper care of your feet, most serious health problems associated with diabetes can be prevented. Your doctor will check your feet each year for any problems.
Here are some diabetes foot care tips to follow.
//Wash and dry your feet daily - Use mild soaps, use warm water, pat your skin dry; do not rub. Thoroughly dry your feet. After washing, use lotion on your feet to prevent cracking. Do not put lotion between your toes.
//Examine your feet each day - Check the tops and bottoms of your feet. Have someone else look at your feet if you cannot see them. Check for dry, cracked skin. Look for blisters, cuts, scratches, or other sores. Check for redness, increased warmth, or tenderness when touching any area of your feet. Check for ingrown toenails, corns, and calluses. If you get a blister or sore from your shoes, do not" pop" it. Apply a bandage and wear a different pair of shoes.
Hello doctor. I am a 20 years old non married girl. I am having a hypothyroid and also protein is very high in my body but the problem is that there is lack of calcium and also I want to loose my weight kindly provide me with the best diet plan that is rich in calcium and helps me to control my thyroid, protein and fats too.
Pregnancy and diabetes presents unique challenges. Consider the goal ? tight blood sugar control ? and what you can do to achieve it.
When you have diabetes ? either type 1 or type 2 ? pregnancy presents unique challenges. Naturally, you're concerned about the effect diabetes might have on your health and your baby's health. There's much you can do to promote a healthy pregnancy, however. Here's what you need to know about pregnancy and diabetes ? and delivering a healthy baby.
Pregnancy and diabetes:
Your diabetes health care team likely includes an endocrinologist or other diabetes specialist, a diabetes educator and a registered dietitian. As your pregnancy progresses, your health care team can help you manage your blood sugar level and adjust your diabetes treatment plan as needed.
The goal: Tight blood sugar control
Controlling your blood sugar level before and during pregnancy is the best way to prevent diabetes complications. Good blood sugar control during pregnancy can:
Reduce the risk of miscarriage and stillbirth. Good blood sugar control reduces the risk of miscarriage and stillbirth ? primary concerns for pregnancy and diabetes.
Reduce the risk of premature birth. The better your blood sugar control, the less likely you are to go into preterm labor.
Reduce the risk of birth defects. Good blood sugar control during early pregnancy greatly reduces your baby's risk of birth defects, particularly those affecting the brain, spine and heart.
Reduce the risk of excess fetal growth. If you have poor blood sugar control, extra glucose can cross the placenta. This triggers your baby's pancreas to make extra insulin, which can cause your baby to grow too large (macrosomia). A large baby makes vaginal delivery difficult and puts the baby at risk of injury during birth.
Prevent complications for mom. Good blood sugar control reduces the risk of high blood pressure, preeclampsia ? which is high blood pressure that begins after 20 weeks of pregnancy ? and other potentially serious pregnancy complications.
Prevent complications for baby. Sometimes babies of mothers who have diabetes develop low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) shortly after birth because their own insulin production is too high. Good blood sugar control can help promote a healthy blood sugar level for your baby, as well as healthy levels of calcium and magnesium in the blood. Good blood sugar control also helps prevent a yellowish discoloration of the skin and eyes (jaundice) after birth.
I am suffering from erosive pyloric ulcers in my stomach and my liver and spleen are also fatty. I am suffering from GERD. I diabetic too.
I have uric acid what are the problems related to this and diet chart according to uric acid medicines.Please tell.
I have the problem of uric acid. This is on 7 leave. I have also the problem of constipation with this. My hp (hemoglobin) is 10. Dr. suggest me febotex 40 twice a day. Please help me.
When the sugar concentration in the blood increases suddenly and unreasonably, the resulting condition is known as diabetes. Sugar or glucose is generally used in order to provide much needed energy to our bodies. But when the pancreas dysfunctions, it leads to a problem in the insulin production. As a result, glucose or sugar gets directly absorbed into the blood, instead of getting absorbed by insulin. And this leads to the condition of diabetes.
Diabetes Treatment in Ayurveda
For Ayurvedic treatment of diabetes, the first step is usually dietary planning and lifestyle change. Adopting a more active lifestyle, and a healthy, balanced diet low on sugars and starches, is a must. You must begin by avoiding sugars in all forms. This means you will have to get rid of rice, potatoes, white bread, sugar coated cereals, bananas, colocasia and much more. Add a lot of green leafy vegetables to your diet to improve your nutritional status and metabolism. In addition to these, also add some herbs to your diet. Ayurvedic herbs that act as natural medicine for diabetes include turmeric, bitter gourd, gurmar leaves, bael, fenugreek and many more.
Apart from diabetes Ayurvedic treatment, you could also practice yoga, which can help you improve your health. Several yogic asanas help massage your internal organs so that they are healthier and can function much better. Some of the asanas are especially beneficial for the pancreas, which produces insulin. You may have to make some changes to your lifestyle as well. For starters, you will have to maintain a more active lifestyle. You will also have to avoid sleeping in the daytime. Avoid smoking and consuming alcohol and take extra care of your feet.
As an ancient science based on lifestyle related treatment methods that include herbs, massages and life changing tweaks, Ayurveda also provides various methods of managing this ailment. Here's how!
- Bitter Gourd: Known as an ingredient that is rich in antioxidants, this can be consumed to take care of diabetes. You will need to first remove the peel of at least four to five bitter gourds before crushing them to create a paste. This paste has to be put through a sieve so that the juice of the gourds can be extracted. You will then have to drink this juice every morning, on an empty stomach.
- Cinnamon: From treating coughs and colds to diabetes and other serious ailments, this is a wonder spice that can be found in most Indian kitchens. You can start by boiling a litre of water and letting it simmer on the gas for about twenty minutes. Thereafter, you can add three teaspoons of cinnamon powder to this simmering water. Strain this mixture and drink the entire batch every day to clear out the toxins.
- Fenugreek Seeds: For this, you will need to take about four to five tablespoons of fenugreek seeds. These will have to be soaked in a glass of water or about 250ml of water, overnight. In the morning, the softened seeds will need to be crushed before the mixture is strained. The water that escapes should be collected and ingested every day for a period of two months.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful and well-known ingredient that is used for curing and managing many ailments. You will need to mix about half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of amla powder as well as half a tablespoon of methi seeds or fenugreek seeds powder. This concoction will have to mixed in half a glass of water and taken daily on an empty stomach. This can be used by patients suffering from heart ailments as well.
- Diet: Cereals like ragi, corn, kulit, green millet, and barley are known to beneficial for patients suffering from diabetes. Leafy greens are also a must for such patients along with protein-rich foods like soya beans. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Which fruits & vegetables safe with no weight gain for a hypothyroid person? Please help as my weight is increasing too much, wanna control!
100% Natural & Premium Natural sweetner.Stevia has zero calories, zero carbohydrates and a zero glycemic index, it is perfect for individuals who cannot or would not like to have their blood glucose levels fluctuate at rapid levels. This includes those with diabetes, hypo/hyperglycemia and anyone looking to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Stevia has been approved as a sweetener United Nations and World Health Organization concluded that they are safe for their intended use - to sweeten foods and beverages and established a permanent Acceptable Daily Intake (ADI) level.
This sweet plant is nutrient rich, containing substantial amounts of Protein, Calcium, Phosphorous, Sodium, Magnesium, Zinc, Rutin, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and other nutrients, yet has no caloric value. It has proven beneficial for many when used as a dietary supplement. Studies have shown the following benefits from using Stevia in one's diet:
• Helps reduce blood pressure
• Control blood sugar levels, unlike sugarcane sugar does
• 100% Natural Sweetener
• Non-fermentable, non-discoloring
• Maintains heat stability at 95 °C and features a lengthy shelf life. Unlike artificial sweeteners, it doesn't break down with heat, so you can learn to cook with it too.
• Natural Flavor enhancer
• Acts as Plaque retardant Anti-caries and prevents cavities
• Non-toxic extensively tested and used by humans with no adverse effects
• It has excellent healing capabilities without scarring if placed on a cut
STEVIA CAN BE USED IN THE FOLLOWING FOOD ITEMS
• Soft drinks and fruit juices
• Jams, sauces and pickles
• Table top sweetener for tea, coffee and beverages
• Weight-watchers diets
• Pastries, pies, baking
• Ice cream, yoghurts, sherbets
• Alcoholic beverage
• Jellies and desserts
• Chewing gum
• Candies and confectioneries
• Diabetic diets