Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manjiri Avdhani
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manjiri AvdhaniYour feedback matters!
Whether feeling too much hunger after waking up I in the morning is a symptom of diabetes or it is natural because i'm thin?
If the sugar levels fall down to a certain range after using insulin and following diet. We need to take insulin further?
Hello Doctor, I'm 35 years old male, 6.2 height & 97 Kg weight. For the past 6 months I have almost regularly walked for 45 mins, exercised for 30 mins & reduced more than 10 kgs, Last week I have took a medical test & the following results have shown some high values. Please provide advise on how to get these parameters in control. Total cholesterol- 210 mg/dl Triglycerides- 368 mg/dl FBS- 138 mg/dl Urine sugar- positive PPBS- 241 mg/dl HbA1c- 7.6 % Urine Test Albumin- Trace Sugar- Positive Other values for blood count, liver, kidney tests are in proper range. Please advice. Thanks for your time.
I have been using Otrivin Nasal spray for almost 10 years now for blocked nose without any doctor's advise and I am also detected with diabetes since 1.5 yrs. I know that prolonged use of Otrivin is bad but I do not know exactly about it's ill effects. I am now actually kind of addicted to it but use less. Please suggest.
I have hyperthyroidism. Can I take soya flour everyday or once in a while. If yes ,how many grams. I weigh 76 kgs my height is 5 feet 1.5 inches. I am 42 years old. Thank you.
Hello sir, I am 26 years old and I am facing the problems of diabetes, please help me how can I get rid of it?
Hi, Recently I did my pregnancy GTT test (at 27th week) & my fasting blood sugar was 98 mg/dl & other readings within normal range. After that our doctor recommended to take metformin & few diet changes. And she also recommended to take blood sugar test after 1 week of taking metformin, which measures blood sugar @ fasting, @ 2 hr ppbs after breakfast, @ 2 hr ppbs after lunch. But in this also fasting blood sugar remained as 98 mg/dl & all other readings within normal range. Also took HBA1C, which shown 5.0. Is this normal or do I need to take any medications to reduce fasting blood sugar level?
It is always better to ensure caution and stay protected against possible infections, which are caused by intimate contact amongst partners. Sexually Transmitted Diseases or STDs are common occurrences for many people all over the world. These many range in intensity and type, and may also happen due to various causes. These are also known as venereal diseases. The most common way for this kind of infection or disease to spread, is through unprotected sex with an infected partner. The problem is that many of these diseases do not cause any obvious symptoms which make them even more difficult to detect and spot. So some of the prevailing STD's:
- Bacterial Infections: These are by far the most common type of STDs which can spread quickly and easily when the bacteria are passed on through sexual activity. The symptoms may include pain and even bleeding in the vaginal area. The different types of bacterial infections include Chancroid, Chlamydia, Syphilis, Gonorrhoea, Granuloma Inguinale and others. This bacteria usually manifests due to poor hygiene of the genitals. In case of many of these conditions, if proper diagnosis and treatment does not take place on time, the result may be infertility too.
- Fungal Infections: Fungal infections like Candidiasis usually occur due to the production of excess yeast. This yeast infection can spread and become painful and is usually characterised by a thick white discharge.
- Viral Infections: There are a number of viral infections like Viral Hepatitis, HIV, Herpes Simplex and many more, that can transmitted through a virus which can also be found in food, blood, yeast and in rare cases, breast milk. Pain and sores in the genital area can be some of the most common symptoms of these kinds of infections, which can prove to be fatal if not treated on time.
- Parasites: Crab Louse and Scabies are some common parasites that can also thrive on sexual contact with an infected partner, which leads to transmission and spread of the infection. The instant symptoms include skin problems and other changes that may be painful.
- Anal Conditions: Sometimes, many STDs can be caused due to anal sex which may be in insertive or receptive mode. These include HIV, Hepatitis, Gonorrhoea, Herpes and more. The initial symptoms may include pain and sores.
There are a number of unscreened bacteria and viruses that may cause such conditions and one must be careful to practice only protected sex with a known partner. Also, care must be taken to indulge in sexual intercourse with only partner at a time so as to prevent the spread of any infection or STD.
The treatment of any kinds of these STD infections should be treated at the right time before it makes condition worse and the proper medication can be prescribed by the sexologist or even surgery and other such procedures for particularly serious cases. so any case of unprotected sex should be monitored for any STD symptoms and get treated by a sexologist. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!