Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manjil KanandhikarYour feedback matters!
The way we sit, walk, bend or stand is hugely dependent on one very vital organ of the human body; the spine. The spinal column provides strength and support to your entire framework. It has nerves, muscles, bones and tendons; all of which enhance proper functioning of your body. The human brain sends signals to the nerves in your spinal cord, a mass of nerve fibers and tissues ensconced within the spine, which further prompts every single part of your body to perform minute and notable actions all the same. A spine injury can, thus impair your health; in many cases it can even turn out to be fatal. Care should be taken to avoid sources of spine shock or injury. If an injury has already been acquired, it should be treated either through exercising or through medical assistance.
A few postures to reap the benefits of a fit spine:
- Twist your spine either early in the morning or after a tiring day: Fold one leg while the other leg remains perched on the folded one. If the left leg is folded the left elbow should be rested on your perched right knee and the right palm should be placed on the yoga mat behind your right hip. This posture can be repeated by folding the right leg as well. It increases spine mobility by twisting it to the end of its range sideways. Muscular spine aches can be remedied by following this posture once each day.
- Do not slouch but sit straight: Some people are in the habit of slouching when they sit or stand. This is an absolutely wrong thing to do if your spine health is of any concern to you. Stretch out your shoulder blades and remain erect while standing and the same should be followed while sitting. Bending one's spine, unless it is necessary, can be very harmful.
- Stretch your spine in three directions: This exercise is a good way to allay the tension your spine has to undergo every day. Sit with folded legs, intertwine your fingers and stretch your arms upward, in front and at the back to expand your spine to the full.
- The downward doggy posture can relieve back pain: In this yoga posture, one is expected to stretch his or her legs according to the width of the person's back and stoop forward by placing the palms on a yoga mat. Knees and elbows should not bend.
I am a 25 year old girl. Have taken unwanted 72 within 1 hour of unprotected sex. My last period started on 30th August and ended on 3rd September. The incident of unprotected sex happened on 7th September. Is there a chance of getting pregnant? When can I expect my next period? Kindly help.
My last period is 24/1/15 .I CHECK pregnant test . Test is positive .I had about this by eating tablet .So give name of tablet. Which is easy to avilable In medical
Hi Doctor, My friend and her girlfriend indulged in protected sex 2 weeks ago. My friend is 110% sure that, nothing was released inside. Her gf's periods also started normally, on the desired date. Its just that the flow is not as expected and little slow and also the pain which used to happen every time is less. His girlfriend recently got up from up from a heavy dancing routine and sickness. Doc prescribed her heavy dosage of antibiotics and other medicines and she also remained in work related tension few days back. Can you please tell the possible reason of this low period flow? And also, IF there's any possibility of this being related to pregnancy, what measure can be taken as they aren't planning it yet. Thanks.
Hi I am 34 years old and I am 10 weeks pregnant for my 2nd baby I already have 8 years old son, and I am very frightened that I missed out to take my folic acid pills all these days kindly let me know whether is it going to harm my baby in the womb by any chance because I got my pregnancy confirmed during my 8th week.
I am a 24 year old female. I have problems with my menstrual cycle, until I take some medicine my periods do not come. I am curious whether I will face any problem during my pregnancy?
My doctor has asked me to go for metabolic surgery as I am obese. And due to overweight I have irregular periods and high bp and irresistible leg pain. I am afraid whether I shud go for it or not. As this has side effects too and it's very costly too.
My nipple has been cracked very badly so am using breast shield nipple to feed my baby. Some of people told me that it will decrease milk. Is it true sir. Am worried.
I am 26 years old I am trying for baby since 1 yr. My period is irregular ,my doctor suggests me follicular study .at 10 day my right ovary 8 mm and left is 7 mm and endometrium t/t is 5.2 and 13 day rt ovary nd left ovary is same size and endometrium t/t is 6 mm. After that my doctor giving me hcg5000 I.u injection .Tell me that injection increases my follicle size? And when I am ovulating? Suggest me any medicine and treatment for increase my follicle size soon. And this injection is safe for me or not?
Doctor. I am 43 years old .from around 6 months or so. Im getting pain during penetration. Earlier there was no problem. My husband too 46 years old hurries up in whole act as he can not control himself longer. So whole act is so hurried up that it causes pain only resulting into no sex for months or so.
My age is 26 Year and I have sex with my bf 2 year ago now I have got a marriage, mujhe dar h ki mere husband ko pta na lg jaye.
Sir my sister is aged of 39 years, she dint get marriage because of family issues. As she dint get marriage . Any effects will be in future !
2. Try not to eat or drink anything half an hour before and after taking medicine. Except water.
3. Avoid coffee, raw onion, garlic till on homeopathic medicines as these interfere with the action of homeopathic medicines.
4. Avoid using perfumes or strong smelling deodorant.
5. Avoid the use of camphor in any form where homeopathic medicines have been kept as camphor antidotes all medicines prepared from vegetable sources.
6. If you are taking medicines for hypertension, diabetes, epilepsy, asthma or any other chronic disease, do not stop them immediately. Consult your doctor and if advised then only reduce their dosage.
I am 3.5 months pregnant. If I take raw papaya will it get aborted. How much days will it take to abortion.
Sir, Yesterday day I have unprotected sex with my partner. Present we haven't plan a child. Please how to avoid this one. Could you please give me precautions to stop pregnant in this period.
My periods are missed by 9 days. I am confuse abt pregnancy. I don't want to conceive. I want my periods. please suggest medicine.
Hello doctor I am a 26 years old girl. I'm employed now and will b getting married till end of this year. I was facing pcos problem last year. Being a girl with irregular period for 6 +years and little overweight. Bt now from past 1 year I have lost nearly 4kgsweight and having regular period bt irregular date. My question is that whether I'll face any problems for conceiving. Will pcos effect my fertility now. Please guide me.
In order to answer this question, it is important that we first discuss what depression is. Feeling sad, lonely or low is very common. So how can we point out which is depression and which is sadness? Well, sadness is a fleeting feeling and is the most normal reaction to loss or life’s struggle. Depression, on the other hand, is pretty permanent (may be not permanent, but it may last really really long or may occur very frequently, if not consulted with a professional). It is so overwhelming and inexplicable that these mental feelings start involving physical symptoms as well. Depression can keep an individual from leading a normal and an active life.
Depression, if not treated, may take an even worse form and might possibly end at suicide. Clinically, certain symptoms that occur persistently might point towards depression.
- Inability to concentrate
- Guilt and shame
- Eating disorders
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyable activities
- Persistent headaches, pains, aches, digestive problems
- Empty feeling
- Suicidal thoughts
Here comes the part about guilt and shame. One of the very common symptoms of depression is feeling of unnecessary guilt or shame. Guilt is a feeling of remorse or regret for violating an internal value. Shame is an overall feeling of self contempt. While both these are pretty normal feelings for a normal individual, for depressed individuals, these feelings get magnified to unimaginable extents.
How are these manifested?
- Constantly apologising for things one hasn’t done
- Blaming themselves for everything
- Thinking they don’t deserve happiness
- Feeling inferior or unworthy
- Feeling of being a burden
The next plausible question is why does this happen?
These feelings generally tend to go back to childhood. People who have faced childhood traumas or have been physically, emotionally or sexually abused are more prone to feelings of depressive guilt or shame. In the young age, they do not really have proper understanding of the situation and hence they end up blaming themselves. During adulthood, they keep believing the same, thus causing intense feelings of guilt and shame. A lot of counselling can bring such individuals to the understanding that whatever happened to them as children was never their fault.
Also, it has been researched that the region in the human brain associated with shame and guilt is unusually active in depressed individuals. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.