Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manjil Kanandhikar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manjil KanandhikarYour feedback matters!
Carboxytherapy refers to the cutaneous and subcutaneous administration of carbon dioxide gas [CO2] for therapeutic purposes. Carboxytherapy originated at the Royal Spas of France in 1932 with the treatment of patients afflicted by peripheral arterial occlusive disease. Studies have demonstrated that carboxytherapy improves skin elasticity, improves circulation, encourages collagen repair, improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and destroys localized fatty deposits.
How Carboxytherapy Works
For Dark Undereye Circles: Poor circulation and vascular pooling beneath the lower eyelids is the main cause of dark undereye circles. Carboxytherapy works by injecting a small amount of CO2 just beneath the skin to increase circulation and collagen formation in the lower eyelid.
For Stretch Marks: Carbon dioxide causes the formation of new collagen and later thickens the skin to improve the stretch marks appearance and texturally damaged skin. Carboxytherapy will help to improve the colour of white stretch marks and helps to tone down the inflammation of new ones.
For Scars: Carboxytherapy triggers the healing process to produce collagen to the affected area, leading to faster and more complete healing.
For Hair Rejuvenation: When carbon dioxide is injected in areas where hair is thinning or shedding, it will help to improve circulation of the scalp. Carboxytherapy promotes blood flow to the area by causing vasodilation of vessels in the area to help hair follicles grow healthier and thicker.
For Cellulite: Carbon dioxide gas is directly toxic to the fat cells, causing it to burst. In turn, the liquefied fatty substance is removed naturally by the body. Carbon dioxide also helps to increase blood flow, which stimulates collagen production and will further improve skin tone.
For Fat/Spot Reduction: Carbon dioxide widens the blood vessels of the treated area. It will increase blood circulation which leads to a fast administration of oxygen and nutrients to the affected area. Carbon dioxide also mechanically breaks membranes of fat cells which are then eliminated naturally by the body.
How is Carbon Dioxide Therapy performed?
Carboxytherapy is a non surgical technique where by CO2 is infiltrated into the subcutaneous fat via the smallest needle available (30G X ½ in). From one injection point the carbon dioxide diffuses easily into adjacent tissues so you won't feel like a pin cushion. Treatments take 15-20 minutes.
How many Sessions are required
For Dark Undereye Circles: Depending on how sever the dark circles are 1 to 6 sessions are required spaced a week apart. The results usually last 3 to 6 months.
For Stretch Marks: Newer or mild stretch marks should be treated for 2-4 weeks once per week. For older or more severe stretch marks should be treated once per week for 3-12 weeks.
For Scars: 3-12 sessions are needed spaced once a week apart.
For Cellulite: Depending on the Severity of the problem area being treated usually 6-12 treatments are needed spaced a week apart. Maintenance may be required based on lifestyle and eating habits.
For Fat/Spot Reduction: Usually 6-12 treatments are needed spaced a week apart depending on the severity of the area being treated.
What is the down time?
Carboxytherapy is a technique with very little downtime. Injections are insufflating CO2 gas which is a natural gas produced by the body itself. The body has all the systems to eliminate this amount of CO2 in a few minutes. Although immediate visual effects of gas injections maybe important, almost 100% of patient leave the office with nothing anyone notice. No downtime for Dark undereye circles, stretchmarks, cellulite, Fat reduction, scars, and hair rejuvenation. Patients must know that 20% of the sessions may results in bruises which may take 4-8 days to resolve completely. Compared to laser procedures or other aesthetics treatment, carboxytherapy is probably one of the treatments with shortest even null time.
When Can You see results
For Dark Under eye Circles: You will see results after 1 treatment. A series of 6 treatments spaced a week apart is required to achieve great results.
For Stretch Marks: Results are immediate. The tissue improves and the skin becomes firm and smoother.
For Scars: Results may be apparent after every treatment however most clients are satisfied after a series of 6 or more sessions.
For Hair Rejuvenation: After the treatment, immediately it increases the blood supply right away and patients will notice dramatic results when combined with other hair loss treatments. Optimal results are seen with maintenance after 6 to 12 months.
For Cellulite: Noticeable results are shown within 3 treatments
For Fat/Spot Reduction: Immediate results are noticeable after the first treatment. For optimal results, 8-10 sessions are required for localized fat reduction with carboxytherapy.
Is the Treatment Painful?
The treatment is not painful. Some patients can experience a light tingling sensation near the injection site. It disappears within a matter of seconds. As a result of the increased circulation the area surrounding th injection site may feel warmer for 10-20 minutes. Clients usually do not feel anything when treating scars as there are no nerve ending in scar tissue.
The only potential side effect is bruising at the injection site. This is most common on the arms and legs.
Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled sacs that develop on a woman's ovary. A patient might experience abdominal and pelvic pain, abnormal bleeding, menstrual irregularities, pain during intercourse or irregular bowel movements. These symptoms indicate an ovarian cyst developing inside you. Ovarian cysts are common in women and may develop during menstruation. In many cases, symptoms are not observed, and you may get ovarian cysts without knowing. Usually being harmless, ovarian cysts may sometimes lead to severe health conditions.
Here are 7 important things you should know about ovarian cysts:
- You should know the reason behind the formation of ovarian cysts. When the follicle does not release the egg, it may grow bigger in size and take the form of a follicular cyst. A corpus luteum cyst may also develop, which is a cavity that gets formed after the egg is ruptured and released from the follicle. The cysts may bleed and cause pelvic pain.
- It is important for you to know if you have an ovarian cyst. Many ovarian cysts do not show symptoms and go away by themselves. Follicular cysts do not change your menstrual cycle, but corpus luteum cysts may cause bleeding.
- You should know how to detect an ovarian cyst. You should visit a gynecologist regularly for diagnosis. Bigger cysts can be diagnosed via a pelvic examination. Ultrasound is also used for detection.
- You should have an idea about all the symptoms associated with ovarian cysts. These include fever, nausea and vomiting. These symptoms indicate that you have an infection. Sometimes, a cyst might twist an ovary, which may cut off blood supply to the ovary, causing permanent damage.
- In case you are at a risk of twisting of the ovaries, you have to undergo a surgery. Surgery is also considered when the cyst lasts longer than three menstrual cycles and it is bigger than four inches in size. The cyst may also pose the risk of being a tumor. The common surgical procedures for ovarian cysts are laparoscopy and laparotomy.
- You can prevent ovarian cysts be taking birth control pills, which help in suppressing ovulation and prevent the formation of a cyst. Birth control pills may help only if you are not pregnant.
- Ovarian cysts are more common in premenopausal women. However, these are possible in postmenopausal women as well, especially in the early postmenopausal stage.
Sometimes, there might be chances of an ovarian cyst being cancerous in nature, which may lead to ovarian cancer. The risk of cancerous ovarian cysts increases with age. It is recommended to consult a gynecologist for the proper diagnosis and treatment of ovarian cysts in women. Pain medications and heating pads are used as alternative treatment methods for less serious ovarian cysts.
Infertility is defined as the inability to conceive after 12 months of unprotected intercourse. For women aged 35 and older, inability to conceive after 6 months is generally considered infertility. Repeated pregnancy loss (2 or more spontaneous pregnancy losses) can also be considered infertility. Recent estimates indicate infertility affects 10-15 percent of the population in their childbearing years.
If you experience recurrent pregnancy loss, or if you have not been able to become pregnant within a year (six months if the woman’s age is over 35, 2-3 months if over 40), then you may benefit from assessment and treatment by a reproductive endocrinologist - a doctor with a special interest, training and expertise in the area of infertility. It’s a state that results in the abnormal functioning of the male or female reproductive system.
The causes for infertility could be:
Male factor - erectile dysfunction, ejaculatory dysfunction, problems with quality, count and quantity of semen
Female factor - Tubal factor, ovulatory problems, abnormality of uterus, hormonal imbalance
The prime symptom is very obvious i.e. unable to have baby despite of having sex without any contraceptives.
Factors affecting fertility:
Age: Female fertility gradually declines in the 30s, particularly after age 35. Each month that she tries, a healthy, fertile 30-year-old woman has a 20% chance of getting pregnant.
Smoking: It increases risk of getting infertile and reduces the chances of treatment.
Alcohol: Consumption of alcohol is said to lower the sperm count in men.
Obesity: An overweight person has a higher chances of having sperm abnormality.
Workout: Less or very heavy work out is said to increase the chances of infertility.
Mental Stress: Studies suggests that ovulation and sperm production may be affected by mental stress. If at least one partner is stressed it is possible that the frequency of sexual intercourse is less, resulting in a lower chance of conception.
Sexually Transmitted infections can also adversely affect the fertility of a person.
When to take further advice and course of action?
In case the women trying to conceive is less than 35 years of age, then 12 months and if more than 35 years, then in 6 months itself one needs to get in touch with the Specialist/Reproductive Endocrinologist/Gynaecologist or a Urologist for a complete diagnosis.
Many cases of apparent infertility are treatable. Infertility may have a single cause in one of the partners, or it could be the result of a combination of factors in both men and women.
There are many treatments available that improve the chances of having a baby. Such treatments include:
Drugs for fertility
Surgery in some cases
Also one the oldest form of medications such as Ayurveda as well as Homeopathy is said to have a wonderful treatment of Infertility. With the developments in medical sciences, there are lot of treatments available; however, such treatments sometimes become the victim of their own success causing multiple births – Two, Three or may be more.
Some Assisted Treatments are:
In Vitro Fertilization
Intracytoplasmic sperm injection
Donation of Sperm or Egg
Electric or Vibratory Stimulation to achieve ejaculation
Surgical Sperm Aspiration
It is important to understand the complete treatment before going ahead and be aware of the possible outcomes and be psychologically ready.
Sir/mam, its an emergency please help me out. I wouldn't hide anything from you, sir actually we did not had sex, but I just touched my penis on her hole, bt I did not cum there. Now she is having a brown discharge, instead of her regular periods, so sir what does that supposed to mean, we realy do not want a baby, please help me out, please.
Keeping track of your cycle probably doesn't sound that interesting or important, but you can get a lot of benefit by doing that. There are changes that your body goes through and there are specific times when you are ovulating; knowing all these would make your life a lot easier, which is only possible by tracking your period.
- Know about your body: Getting your period every 28 days has always been considered normal, but only 15% of women get their periods on the clock. Many factors such as stress, illness, exercise etc. can cause your period to delay. This is where tracking your cycle can help you finding the pattern that is specific to your body condition. During your cycle there are lots of changes happening in your body. The hormones cause a change in the fluid produced from your cervix and also lead the basal temperature of your body to increase. Monitoring these changes through tracking your cycle is known as the symptothermal method. By this way know about how fascinatingly your body works.
- Desire to get pregnant: Tracking your cycle will help you get pregnant. During your cycle, there is a specific time, which heightens the possibility of conceiving. The fluid production from the cervix due to hormonal change is the cause of such possibility. Knowing your cycle can take out the stress from trying to get pregnant and it can also determine any abnormalities that are preventing your pregnancy.
- Avoid pregnancy: If you know the time when you are most likely to get pregnant through tracking, you obviously know when not to have sex if you are trying to avoid pregnancy. Using symptothermal method for the purpose of birth control has proven to be 99.6% effective, which is higher than birth control medications.
- Health benefits: You can reap a lot of health benefits by tracking your cycle. Conditions like fibroids, polycystic ovarian syndrome and endometriosis are quite common in women, which can be detected by tracking your period. If anything is wrong in your reproductive system, the cycle will indicate it.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!