Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Manisha ShahYour feedback matters!
My teeth are very sensitive. I am taking anti biotics since last 5 days, there is no improvement. What should I do?
My baby which is about a month old, very often stretch it's body, and especially while stretching it makes some sort of noise from it's mouth. Unsure if this is normal to all babies or something I need to worry. Would appreciate the opinions and advices in anticipation.
A root canal is a treatment to repair and save a badly damaged or infected tooth. The procedure involves removing the damaged area of the tooth (the pulp), cleaning and disinfecting it and then filling and sealing it. The common causes affecting the pulp are a cracked tooth, a deep cavity, repeated dental treatment to the tooth or trauma. The term "root canal" comes from cleaning of the canals inside the tooth's root.
Millions of teeth are treated and saved each year with root canal, or endodontic, treatment. Learn more about root canal treatment and how it can relieve your tooth pain and save your smile.
A root canal procedure begins with an X-ray to determine the shape of the root canals and whether the infection has spread to the adjoining bone.
Local anesthesia is then administered to numb the affected area.
A rubber sheet is then placed around the tooth to keep the area and prevent it from the saliva.
A hole is then drilled in the affected tooth, following which the decayed pulp and nerve tissues are removed.
The removal is done by using root canal files which are inserted into the hole and then used to scrape and scrub the insides of the tooth.
After the scraping, water is used to clean and flush out the debris.
After the tooth is cleaned, it is sealed after administering medications to prevent infection.
The sealing process involves filling the inner portion of the teeth by a rubber based compound and a sealer paste.
Modern endodontic treatment is very similar to having a routine filling and usually can be completed in one or two appointments, depending on the condition of your tooth and your personal circumstances. You can expect a comfortable experience during and after your appointment.
Saving the natural tooth with root canal treatment has many advantages:
Normal biting force and sensation
Protects other teeth from excessive wear or strain
Once the surgery is done, the tooth may become sensitive due to inflammation of the tissues for the first few days.
This pain and inflammation can be limited by pain medications such as ibuprofen.
It is advised to avoid any chewing by the affected teeth as it can slow down the repair process. You can brush and floss your teeth regularly.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
Hi, I am 32 years old female. I had oral submucosa fibrosis for two yr. Last year in June it was operated by buccal pad reconstruction. The doctor removed the left side lower wisdom tooth and the second molar also. I had all impacted wisdom tooth. In August 2016 I was asked to open the mouth forcefully and continue exercises. The mouth opening was increased a lot, like 1.5 cm to 3.3 cm. Under general anesthesia. But it is still not stabilized yet. The rest of the upper wisdom teeth were removed last month as they suddenly came out in bad way. But the second molar in the upper left side is pressing / biting the gum a big way. It has produced a huge wound and a lump of gum tissue in the wisdom tooth area. My doctor grinded that tooth several times but failed. Please suggest something. I am taking mouthwash daily and Kenacort ointment. Should I go for the tooth extraction?
4 year back I meet with an accident The results of accident was my first and second molar teeth are broken (like half broken) I only have half first molar and half second moral teeth Now at present from 2 days I am having severe tooth pain only in left parts ((upper jaw and lower jaw)) of the teeth My teeth are white but in that broken area it's fully yellow colour -->>i am using pain killer now 1.tab Augmentin 625 mg (6) Twice daily 2. Zerodol so (6) Twice daily 3.metrogyl 400 mg Twice daily When I have visit a dentist he suggests me to go for root canal He suggests me the treatment plan like doctor (language) | | 6 -------------------- | | But I want to get root canal done after 2 months He said me it's cost (10000 RS )for root canal For only one teeth Can I go for root canal after 2 months or it should be done immediately? And even if there any doctors charge's less let me Know I will visit you presently I stay in Durgapur ,west Bengal.
Good morning ladies. My best friend is going through this ordeal of BC, you all are very brave and I admire you very much. Would any of you have any suggestions about how you manage mouth sores?
I am 21 years old and have protruding teeth. So whats the procedure for braces treatment and cost for it. And does the treatment work out at my age? And in this process do the dentist remove any tooth?
I have pain in my dead teeth .pulp is stored in upper jaw .what I will have to do if I do not want to remove that teeth .is there any treatment for this.
I am suffering from mouth ulcer for last 7 years. For this, I am not eating properly. Please suggest me how can I rid this disease.
Odontalgia or severe toothache is characterized by extreme pain or inflammation of the tooth and its surrounding areas. The excruciating pain that you might experience may stem as a result of gum infection, tooth decay, infection of the dental pulp, abscess and due to certain other reasons like extraction or filling of the teeth. Another key reason for extreme toothache is the fact that a number of heart problems, such as myocardial infarction and angina tend to affect your dental health negatively.
While some toothaches might occur sporadically, they might pose a danger against your overall well-being in the long run, if the condition is left untreated. Homeopathy can serve as the perfect antidote to your toothache problems and its effects are noted to be significantly higher when it comes down to the question of long-term consumption. Here is a list of homeopathic medications that might prove to be a pain alleviator for your dental complications:
- Hepar Sulph and Silicea: Root abscess responds positively, to both Hepar Sulph and Silicea. For fever accompanied with occasional chills due to severe toothache, Hepar Sulph is considered to be the perfect remedy and tends to significantly decrease the level of swelling and pain. On the other hand, if your face swells and there is an incidence of gum inflammation, Silicea must be used to numb the effects of root abscess.
- Plantago: Plantago is noted to be the most commonly prescribed medicine for toothaches and for treating sensitivity. The pain extending to the ears from the teeth receives maximum relief due to the effects of Plantago. It might have to be taken internally or applied externally depending on the severity of the toothache and its accompanying conditions.
- Staphysagria: Sensitivity is best taken care of by Staphysagria and resolves the problem of worsening of toothache, when any drink or food is consumed. Bleeding gums and excess salivation is also another aspect that is looked after by Staphysagria.
- Arnica: Tooth extraction and filling may often lead to the consequence of nerve-wrecking pain in the gums and the affected area. For this, Arnica is prescribed to assuage the nerve pain and must be taken in along with Hypericum, another homeopathy medicine, for best results.
- Merc Sol: Problems of halitosis and excessive salivation that tend to occur simultaneously with toothaches can be solved by a dosage of Merc Sol. Bleeding gums, looseness of teeth and sensitivity are all taken care of by the same medication.
- Hecla Lava: For jaw swells along with toothache, you must always opt for Hecla Lava. The effect is instantaneous and relieves both swelling and pain.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla serves as the best remedial homeopathic medicine for easing heat sensitivity that is likely to worsen the existing toothache. Drinks and food, either hot or cold, can then be consumed easily because of the numbing effect of this medicine.