Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manisha H Lakhani
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manisha H LakhaniYour feedback matters!
Hi dr, I am 32 year old female, actually I am not getting a peace full sleep, however tired I would be still I dont get sleep fast, it takes time, I sleep at around 12: 30 plus and get up at 6: 00 am, travelling office very tiring still I wonder why I don't get good sleep. Please also suggest for cholesterol problem.
Sir mujy penis main problem ha jab b kapray k sat rub hota ha to erection ho jada ha dosra exercise k doran ajuclate ho jata and mani ka color yellow ho gaya ha please tell me what I do.
Hi I am 30 year old single man from Gurgaon Haryana. My foreskin of the penis is attached to one side of the head of penis. Also the tip of the foreskin is small. That's why it's very difficult for me to pull the foreskin back and if its done than it get very tight and cause very uncomfortable to me. I think I have phimosis and need circumcision. Please suggest and tell how much will it cost the treatment and surgery of circumcision if required. Thanks Vikram.
How to make my sex time longer. When I am doing sex with my wife I am unable to satisfy her because of quick fall. Give some better and workful solutions.
I want to know about self catheterization, is it safe? Can it cause urethral stricture?, the process of doing it. And where can I learn it?
I am suffering from too much cold since 2months. It is not cured by tablets. Please give proper remedies.
I have not been sleep 3 days and I am having a severe headache tried multiple home remedied, what to do? Please help me!
Treatment for erectile dysfunction. I am 30 years old and having erectile dysfunction since 2 years. I don't have any bad habits like smoking or drinking. I may get erection some times but while intercourse it fails. Kindly suggest remedy. When I am using viagra it seems OK. Can I use viagra daily?
Ringworm is a skin condition that is caused by certain kinds of fungi. It causes severe itching and is mainly found around the scalp and feet. This contagious skin condition can also occur as athlete's foot. The symptoms include red, itchy and scaly patches on the affected areas. These patches may also develop blisters and develop crusted red edges, giving it the appearance of a ring. These patches are usually raised or defined. There are many myths and facts surrounding ringworm. Let us find out more about them.
- Causes: It is a common myth that this skin condition is caused by a worm. This is not true. This fungal skin infection is caused by fungi known as dermatophytes, which can cause a crusty and red patch on the skin. Ringworm is actually the name given to a class of skin ailments and infections caused on the scalp, feet and other parts of the body.
- Treatment: Another common myth is that this skin infection will clear up on its own. This is not true either. One will have to start treatment of the condition with the help of proper diagnosis, which can be done by a skin specialist or dermatologist. Not treating this condition on time with topical ointments can lead to a spread of the condition where it can affect other parts of the body. This condition can also lead to other symptoms like hair loss. It can also become a permanent issue if not treated on time and with proper medical intervention.
- Over the Counter Medication: Many people think that using over the counter antifungal creams can help in treating this condition effectively. This is part myth and part fact. One will have to visit the doctor in case the condition does not clear up on time with the use of such topical ointments. The creams should typically be prescribed by a skin specialist after due diagnosis of the problem so that it suits your individual symptoms and condition. Further, these creams should usually be prescribed for a period of at least four to six weeks so that the treatment is effective.
- Contagious: It is a myth that ringworm is not a contagious skin disease. The fact is that this skin ailment is a highly contagious one, that can happen even when there is contact with an infected animal. There are 50% chances of contracting this condition with mere touch that can happen with an infected animal or person.
- Barber's Itch: This is not a form of lice, as many people believe. This is a form of ringworm that can be found in the beard with symptoms like itching as well as swelling.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.