Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manisha H LakhaniYour feedback matters!
My mother has taken overdose of vitamin D3 Doctor had prescribed 60k Units capsule once weekly, but my mom has taken 3 in one week (between 21 Nov - 27 Nov) Do we need to see a doctor to detoxify? Any home remedy is also appreciated.
My son of 11 years age suffering from cold every day, due to which having fever everyday also having cough problem. We consult child doctors and got medicine. During we did all tests as doctor suggested But nowhere any problem of typhoid or else. Now he is well. But frequently he suffered due to cold, cough and having temperature. Is there any routine medicine or permanent solution on it. Please suggest.
Hey, my wife and I like having sex often. We enjoy it alot. But however, I climax too soon sometimes and then my penis isn't erect anymore. Do you think I can use some viagra to help my penis stay erected for a long period of time so that even if I climax too soon, my wife and I can enjoy the sex? If yes, in what proportion? Please help.
I am a 32 year male live in haldwani nainital uttarakhand since my childhood. I am asking a solution for a problem I am suffering from loose motion since around 40 -45 days please advise me about the solution of the problem what should be done now.
My name Kamal and my problem is that when I got intercourse with my wife I very early discharge it's time less than one minute I'm very disappointed Pls tell me what can I do.
Congestion in throat with redness but no pain . Problem more while sleeping as it seem to throat get more congested .symptoms from 3 days.
Dip your gentle Nails into warm Olive oil every once in a while for 15-20 minutes to make them hard.
Psoriasis is a chronic skin condition that occurs in children and adults. The typical appearance is of red, thickened, scaly patches on the skin (plaques). These plaques can vary in size and distribution from person to person. In some people it may affect small areas of skin while others may have large areas covering their body.
What kinds of psoriasis occur in children?
Each of the patterns of psoriasis described in adults can be seen in children. These include:
- Flexural psoriasis (red areas between skin folds)
- Scalp psoriasis (thick scales found on areas of the scalp)
- Nail psoriasis (nail dystrophy related to psoriasis)
- Acute guttate psoriasis (small red plaques occurring after an infection)
- Chronic plaque psoriasis (red plaques with scaling occurring anywhere on the body)
- Erythrodermic psoriasis (severe reddening covering most or all of the body)
- Pustular psoriasis (severe pustules that arise acutely)
- Photosensitive psoriasis (affecting areas of sun exposure)
- Guttate, facial and flexural psoriasis are particularly common in children.
What causes psoriasis?
- Psoriasis has a strong genetic component and is due to abnormal processes involved in regulation of the immune system.
- Individuals may have flares in psoriasis in response to stress, injury, medications and infections (particularly streptococcal tonsillitis).
- Psoriasis is not contagious, therefore, affected children do not need to be isolated from other children.
How is the diagnosis made?
- The diagnosis of psoriasis is usually made clinically. This involves a doctor examining the skin and making the diagnosis based on the appearance of the affected areas.
- The plaques tend to be distributed symmetrically.
- They favour certain sites such as scalp, elbows and knees; or; skin folds such as behind ears, armpits and groin.
- They are well circumscribed, red and scaly.
- There is often a family history of psoriasis.
- Occasionally, a skin biopsy may be necessary to distinguish psoriasis from other skin conditions that may appear similar.