Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manisha GogriYour feedback matters!
My daughter 2+ still she wont speak, she utter words but can not connect or complete the words. Very active but wont respond for our call. Any help.
My son 2 and half year kills swallowed 5Rs coin I took X-ray and it's I'm stomach near to small intestine, I want your opinion weather it will come out through motion?
My daughter aarushi she is 1 year and 5 months old, today after breast feeding she vomit 3 more times with light fever (99.4f). What should i do?
My baby is 1 years 9 months. His birth weight was 2.2 and now he is 7.5.I am very much worried abt his weight. Hi iz very active. But very thin. Nowadays he is not eating food properly. He will drink milk (Nan pro all d time. One of my friend suggest me abt protein powder. Is DAT good to give now. please help.
My 1 year infant has redness in the right eye. I guess it was bcos of shampoo usage. Can you please give me any suggestions about what is to be done! thank you.
Doctor sahab my baby is not gaining weight properly or not eating anything is the one of the major complain in any parenting forum and in my clinic also. This blog is dedicated to those parents who always concerned about baby weight. I will try to cover all step by step. This post is only for exclusive breast feeding baby means below 6 months of age baby. At birth baby weight should be approximately 3kg or more than that. Less than 2.5 kg is low birth weight. Babies lost there weight in initial days and regain there birth weigh around 10th to 14 th day of life. In first 3 months growth rate is approximately 25 to 30 gm per day after that it will increase @ 400 gms per month till 1 year. Weight will double at 5 months and triple at 1 year. Usually we compare our baby weight with others and get frustrated our baby is not healthy. We expect chubby photogenic baby. So here I will try to explain the whole story.
Let's start from the very beginning the story start the day we decide to have a baby. Maternal nutritional status and medical fitness have a mojour role. Single infection can cause low birth weight baby or preterm. In us dental infection is one of the majour cause of preterm baby. We adviced to consult couples before and after pregnancy for any problem. You can have folic acid 3monthes before concepction. Mother, short interval of previous pregnancy, maternal hemoglobin level, nutritional status, high bp (pih, viral infection, bleeding per vaginal, chromosomal abnormalities can be cause of low birth wight, prematuered or iugr baby. Women should have healthy food, do some light exercise and try to live stress free life.
In second part of story baby born with certain weight and maturity. Weight less than 2.5 kg is low birth weight and birth before 37 weeks called premature baby. Baby weight gain is mostly affected by recurrent infection and feeding and temperature for initial days.
Too hot or too cold weather can affect weight. Try to wear one extra clothes what we are wearing like if we are comfortable in half shirt we can wear him full shirt or if we are comfortable in full shirt we can wear him a half sweater more. In winter we have wear him cap and shocks but in summer only cotton jhabla is sufficient.
New born babies had low immunity so chances of infection is much more. To prevent infection you should remember these things
- try to touch baby after hand wash and try to not touch the above the wrist joint. We touch by infected hand and baby keep the same hand in his mouth get stomach infection.
- don't give any antibiotics without without consulting doctor and complete full course of antibiotics
- immunize your child as per schedule.
- avoid bottle feed if possible and if you are using it should be properly sterilized.
Exclusive breast feeding is adviced till 6 months. There is either problem in milk production and ejection or technique of feeding.
- Milk production and ejection: Milk production is controlled by prolactin harmone. For most part of milk production is use it or loose it process. The more often baby nurse the more milk you make. Oxytocin harmone is responsible for milk ejection. Suckling, thought of the baby, sound and sight of
- Baby stimulate milk ejection: Stress is the major suppress of milk ejection. Plenty of water, milk, apricot, poppy seed, papaya, oatmeal, carrot, bottle ground, funnel seed, basal leaf, can be used to augmentation of milk production.
- Breast feeding: Proper positioning and attachment is necessary for successful breast feeding. Try to feed baby with one breast at a time so baby can get for milk and hind milk both. For flat or inverted nipple can be corrected by syringing method. Tounge tie or fungal infection can be cause of improper feeding. Feed your baby on demand or every 2hr. If baby satisfied he should sleep 2 to 3 hrs after feeding, passes 6 to 8 time urine. 5 to10 min sufficient for feeding if your baby takes half an hour means you had less milk production. Initial 3monthes feeding frequency8 to10 times day after 7 to 8 times a day may be sufficient.
- Condition related to baby: For preterm and low birth weight kangaroo mother care is very useful. Where baby is kept in vertical position between the mother breast under the clothes so both skin can be in touch. You have to keep baby at least 1 to 2 hrs in a single sitting and as long as you can. It helping milk production and weight gain of baby. Repeated infection of respiratory tract, stomach infection, urinary tract infection, some congenital infection, metabolic disorder may cause slow weight gain. Neurological insult during delivery may cause slow weight gain with delayed mile stones.
- Motherhood is a great honor and privilage: It is the most challenging and utmost satisfying job, and as in every job first year is most difficult one with less paying with no vacation. As a man we never understand these things. So big salaute to those moms who day and night care there baby and wish best of luck.
Hearing health has come a long way in the last 10 years, yet there are still a lot of misconceptions about hearing loss. Do you think hearing loss only affects the elderly? or maybe you believe your primary care physician can tell you if you have a hearing loss during a routine physical. Do you believe hearing aids will give you back normal hearing or that your health won't be affected if you have hearing loss in just one ear? how about this myth: hearing loss is a consequence of aging - and there's nothing anyone can do about it.
If you recognize your school of thought when you read any of these five myths, it's time to change your perspective. There's no reason misconceptions should stand in the way of hearing your best.
1)Hearing loss only affects the elderly.
In fact, teens and young adults are at risk for developing a very preventable type of hearing loss. Noise-induced hearing loss (nihl) is one of the most common causes of hearing loss, affecting approximately 26 million americans between the ages of 20 and 69. According to the centers for disease control and prevention (cdc), as many as 16 percent of teens age 12 to 19 have reported some hearing loss which may be caused by loud noise. Approximately 20 percent of americans - around 48 million americans - report some degree of hearing loss. Additionally, hearing loss occurs in five out of every 1, 000 newborns each year in the united states. Hearing loss can be caused by any number of factors: ototoxic medication, environmental factors, disease or genetics. In some cases, the cause of hearing loss is simply unknown.
2) My primary physician will tell me if my hearing is failing.
The last time you went for a physical, did your doctor perform a hearing test on you? chances are he or she didn't, because very few doctors do. Your doctor relies on you to bring any health problems to light just as much as you rely on your doctor to do the same. Since your general practitioner is only so well-versed in specific areas of the body, you should have your hearing checked routinely by a hearing health practitioner, just as you have your vision checked or your teeth cleaned.
Hearing health professionals are specifically educated and trained to administer hearing tests, diagnose hearing loss and prescribe treatment. If you notice your hearing has diminished, find a hearing healthcare professional in your area and make an appointment. At the very least, you will have established a relationship with someone you trust who now has a baseline of how well you hear. If you visit them annually, just like you do your primary care physician, they'll be able to detect any hearing loss as it occurs.
3) I notice a difference in one ear, but the other is fine so I'm ok.
Your brain is a thing of wonder. If the hearing in one ear starts to fade, your brain will adapt to the changes, at least up to a certain point. Your hearing loss could be well-advanced before you even notice a difference. There are countless stories of people who were oblivious to the extent of their hearing loss before they finally admitted they needed hearing aids. A regular hearing test can help track your hearing capability.
Here's another brain fact. Your brain is so involved with your sense of hearing, it can 'forget' how to hear certain sounds if the auditory pathways become damaged and hearing loss is untreated. That's one of the reasons why it's important not only to have your hearing checked regularly, but to seek treatment once hearing loss has been diagnosed.
Untreated hearing loss has also been associated with dementia, social isolation, depression and anxiety - other good reasons to see your hearing healthcare professional as soon as you notice you are not hearing well.
4) Hearing aids will restore my hearing to normal levels.
Today's hearing aids are technological marvels. Their sensitive microphones can focus on speech while tuning out background noise, they can be programmed with the touch of a smartphone, and they work in tandem with many other personal electronic devices in our lives. The one thing hearing aids can't do; however, is restore your hearing to 'normal.' as much as we've learned about how our sense of hearing works, there is no man-made device that can completely replicate human hearing.
The good news? hearing aids can significantly improve your ability to hear well, which leads to enhanced communication with family, friends and co-workers. The key is to work closely with your hearing healthcare professional to make sure your hearing aids help you hear your best in each of your personal listening environments.
5) My hearing loss cannot be helped.
Have you asked a hearing health practitioner about your hearing loss? many forms of hearing loss can indeed be improved, whether it be by hearing aids, surgery, medication or a simple ear wax removal procedure. You'll never know if you never ask. And, if it's been a few years since you've seen a hearing healthcare professional, consider making another appointment. The field of hearing health is rapidly changing. Hearing loss that was difficult to address even a few years ago may be treatable now.