Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manisha
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ManishaYour feedback matters!
He is suffering from lichen planus. He is taking formula D as medicine but still not recovering. Can you tell me why?
I am 26 years old male. I had allergy in mornings and evenings every day, found rashes on my skin all over body and sometimes found breathing problem also. Kindly help.
All of us have dealt with Acne at some point of time and especially at time when we needed it the least. Remember, the day before the presentation or your best friend's wedding. In order to get rid of acne, one needs to have clear skin as fast as possible. There are both natural methods as well as medicated methods using medicine and chemicals to treat it.
Once one has acne, one must keep their hair and hands away from acne, as the touching of acne will take the germs to the other exposed parts. Since acne is caused by oil and bacteria one must use an oil-free face wash which contains salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is anti-bacterial and helps removing away dead skin cells that can clog your pores.
- One should use hand held facial brush to decrease the skin leaving behind less oil and bacteria and thus, cleaning the clogged skin pores. Usage of oil-free foundation containing salicylic acid prevents base makeup from contributing to new pimples.
- When new pimples pop up, one must treat it with anti-inflammatory ingredient that blasts blemishes. If one has a bright red blemish, then one must use a hydrocortisone cream which helps relieve redness and inflammation.
- One can also reduce the swelling by holding an ice pack against the trouble spot and then use the hydrocortisone cream.
- One must not pick one's face in case of acne, as it will only result in a scar. If one already have a blemish wound, one must apply a hydroquinone-based cream to the area to help lighten the spot.
- Lemon juice is a natural astringent, which when applied directly on the acne, kills off the bacteria clogging the pores. It also has natural lightening powers that reduces the redness of acne.
- Tea tree oil reduces skin irritation and acne. One can coat the acne with some tea tree oil after washing the face twice daily for the best results.
- One must avoid milk, chocolates, sweets, desserts, cakes, fat and oil to prevent acne.
- The egg white help to get rid of acne fast and overnight. One should apply the egg white and apply to the acne before bedtime and leave it overnight. On washing the face with water next morning, one can see that acne has dried up.
- One can remove acne by putting little honey and leaving it overnight. Honey kills skin bacteria and makes the skin glow.
- Baking Soda is the most powerful method to get rid of acne. One should make a paste of a teaspoon of baking soda with water and put it on the acne. On washing the face after three hours, one can see that acne has dried up.
So, the next time when the acne pops up just before the occasion, just use any of these methods and get rid of acne in a jiffy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I am having black mole like growth on my right side cheeks. I like to get rid of it. Kindly advise how it can be removed. Pls also. Inform what would be the cost to remove it.
What Is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a skin disease that causes scaling and inflammation (pain, swelling, heat, and redness). Skin cells grow deep in the skin and slowly rise to the surface. This process is called cell turnover, and it takes about a month. With psoriasis, it can happen in just a few days because the cells rise too fast and pile up on the surface.
Most psoriasis causes patches of thick, red skin with silvery scales. These patches can itch or feel sore. They are often found on the elbows, knees, other parts of the legs, scalp, lower back, face, palms, and soles of the feet. But they can show up other places such as fingernails, toenails, genitals, and inside the mouth.
- Who gets Psoriasis?
- What causes Psoriasis?
- How is Psoriasis diagnosed?
- How is Psoriasis treated?
Who Gets Psoriasis?
Anyone can get psoriasis, but it occurs more often in adults. In many cases, there is a family history of psoriasis. Certain genes have been linked to the disease. Men and women get psoriasis at about the same rate.
What Causes Psoriasis?
Psoriasis begins in the immune system, mainly with a type of white blood cell called a T cell. T cells help protect the body against infection and disease. With psoriasis, T cells are put into action by mistake. They become so active that they set off other immune responses. This leads to swelling and fast turnover of skin cells. People with psoriasis may notice that sometimes the skin gets better and sometimes it gets worse. Things that can cause the skin to get worse include:
- Changes in weather that dry the skin
- Certain medicines.
How Is Psoriasis Diagnosed?
Psoriasis can be hard to diagnose because it can look like other skin diseases. The doctor might need to look at a small skin sample under a microscope.For appointments call 9004839333.Clinics at Malad,Juhu and Bandra in Mumbai.
How Is Psoriasis Treated?
Treatment depends on:
- How serious the disease is
- The size of the psoriasis patches
- The type of psoriasis
- How the patient reacts to certain treatments