Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Manish JainYour feedback matters!
My 1 year old had started walking at 11 months and then stopped. Now he is not keeping his left foot firmly on the ground.. He keeps his right foot firm while the left one's fingers only while walking. He doesn't keep his heels on the ground What can be the possible reasons for this? What should I do?
I am 32 years old male, I am suffering from back ache for last 2 years and now for the past few months I have lost weight considerably and my chest and ribs are considerably decreasing in size . What should I do to recover my weight and chest size.
A common myth about back pain is that you need to rest and avoid activity for a long time. In fact, doctors do not recommend bed rest. If you have no sign of a serious cause for your back pain (such as loss of bowel or bladder control, weakness, weight loss, or fever), stay as active as possible.
Here are tips for how to handle back pain and activity:
1. Stop normal physical activity for only the first few days. This helps calm your symptoms and reduce swelling (inflammation) in the area of the pain.
2. Apply heat or ice to the painful area. Use ice for the first 48 to 72 hours, then use heat.
3. Take over-the-counter pain relievers such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen.
4. Sleep in a curled-up, fetal position with a pillow between your legs. If you usually sleep on your back, place a pillow or rolled towel under your knees to relieve pressure.
5. Do not do activities that involve heavy lifting or twisting of your back for the first 6 weeks after the pain.
6. Do not exercise in the days right after the pain begins. After 2 to 3 weeks, slowly begin to exercise again.
A physiotherapist can teach you which exercises are right for you.
Met gardan me dard hota hai air khichau sa mahsus hota hai jiski wajah se sir me bhi dard hone lagta hai. Mujhe kya karna chahiye.
Iam 55 and taking regular B. P. And Thyroid and both are under control. These days having backache, joint pains with some noise while standing or action. Also itching in eyes with moisture and not able to get taste of eating home made. Controlling diet also Not getting tastes and feeling tiresome. Working for I. T. Co. Weight 69 height 5.8, thyroxine 50mg. B. P. Tablet metocard xl 50 and LTK 50 are regular dose. Thyroid 4 months bk was 8.8 and now after 4 months is 2.3. B. P normal. Kindly suggest what should I do for better health and backache severe pain.
Hi doctor I have a really sore lower back. Mostly the left side just above the buttocks. Im a male 32 years of age. It first started 3 days ago and got worser over the past couple of days. Pain is sharp when I lean forward and aches when I lay down.
I have spin problem at middle region and left side hip pain while walking I feel senseless in left leg and left hand. No proper digestion .please advice thanks and regards
I had pain from my elbow to fingers. Suffering from many days. Can' t do any work. What to do? And also joints of fingers so painful.
Hi I'm 21 and want to develop my leg muscles and the muscles on the side of my torso, is there some super food or just exercise will do me good.
My mother was very much pain in two knees, so I operated both knees by apollo doctors advice, pain was relief, after two years my mothers left knee pain started whenever 500 m walking. Please give your advice, how to reduce this or avoid pain.
She feels pain in ankle and heels followed by area under the knees. She feels urge to get massage, and that too very forcefully and she always feel the heels to be rubbed against a pointed thing, whether the edge of bed, stairs and even comb. There are no bruises or swelling. Everything seems fine. Please suggest the best solution for this.
I am getting neck pain very often especially while lifting an object with weight. May I know the reason?
My age is 32 i am female, i'am getting knee pain in right leg from three months.Why i'am getting such pain i don't know.
Hello doctor my age is 9 years from last three days my legs is too much paining so please suggest me some thing thank you.
I am a female aged 58 years and suffering with diabetes. I an also suffering with neuropathic pain in my feet, legs and also with tingling hands. Kindly advise me treatment.
Lack of proper mobility due to stiffness and significant pain can be due to a number of bone and joint problems. Osteoarthritis, arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, as well as injuries, trauma and inflammation of the knees are only some of the reasons why a patient may be experiencing joint pain. Apart from rest and medication, various surgical procedures may be considered as an option for particularly severe cases. Partial knee replacement surgery is one such option. So, here are the five questions that you must ask an orthopaedic specialist about partial knee replacement surgery.
- What is partial knee replacement surgery: This kind of surgery usually seeks only to replace the damaged part of the knee where the movements of the patient get restricted to a great degree. With the help of this surgery, the orthopaedic surgeon can replace the medial or inner part of the knee; or the lateral or outer part of the knee. When the surgeon conducts a surgery to replace the entire knee, this is called knee replacement.
- How to prepare for the procedure: The doctor will advise you to stay away from any medication and dietary supplements that may hinder the work of the anaesthesia that will be administered before the surgery. Before the surgery, the orthopaedic specialist will understand your medical history.
- What is the procedure: The surgical procedure for partial knee replacement surgery usually involves keeping the knee in a bent position so that all the joint surfaces are well exposed. The surgeon will start by making an incision that is about six to ten inches in length, before removing the knee cap in order to remove the joint surfaces that have faced damage. Once this has been done, the surgeon will attach artificial joint pieces and close the knee. Then, the doctor will bend and rotate to test for balance and proper functioning of the knee. This procedure usually takes close to two hours.
- How long does recovery take: The recovery process usually takes about three to four weeks following the surgery.
- What to do after the surgery: Pain medication will help the patient in coping with the initial discomfort and after effects of the surgery. Right after the surgery, the patient will be shown exercises before he or she is put onto a graduated walking program where walking indoors and then outdoors will be practiced. The patient will be required to take on physiotherapy for four to six months following this procedure so as to recover in a better manner and have a better functioning knee.
Get a complete check-up done in case you are facing persistent knee problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.