Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manish Hasmukh Shah
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manish Hasmukh ShahYour feedback matters!
Sir I am 24 year old male i am having an oil tag on my face near eye how can I remove it please give me an advice.
My face becomes slightly thinner day by day. How should I take care of my face so it can glow properly?
I Am 20 year old, I have oily skin and I got so much pimples on my face, before two years I got cystic acnes so I got laser too, after that I got less acne breakout but still I want concern so that I can get rid from that.
Hello Doctor, I have skin problem in my groin area. It possibly be ringworm and googled about it and the symptoms are like jock itch/tinea crisis. Its on both side if the groin folding like a patch. So started using dusting powder and keeping that area dry with fresh clothing. Suggest me best remedies to cure it completely. I also have black thighs, as am white coloured skin guy it looks different in that are. Thanks a ton in advance.
My age is 23. I'm a female. I have many dark spots on my face and have sun burn patch on my forehead. Kindly, suggest me what should I do. My skin is normal skin. Not too oily or dry.
Are you unhappy with the results of shaving, waxing or tweezing for removing unwanted hair from your body? Worry not! You can now opt for laser hair removal, which is considered to be much more effective than traditional methods. Laser hair removal is a very common cosmetic procedure being undertaken by both men and women alike. Why women opt for laser hair treatment is easily understood, but some eyebrows raise at the mention of ‘men’. Well, males with a career in modeling or bodybuilding do prefer laser hair removal mainly because it is a long-term solution.
How does laser hair treatment work?
In this treatment, unwanted hair is removed using concentrated laser light. With the help of a long pulsed machine, light of a particular wavelength is targeted towards hair follicles. This light generates heat preventing the follicles from producing hair. What really happens is that the pigments present in your follicles absorb this light, which results in the destruction of the hair.
Benefits of laser hair removal
Lasers are quite effective in removing unwanted hair from areas such as the legs, face, arms, underarms and other body parts. The various benefits of laser hair removal include the following:
- Precision: Melanin is the pigment that gives our skin/hair its colour. This means the more melanin, darker the hair; less melanin, lighter coloured hair. Because LASERs act on melanin, it can precisely target dark coarse hairs selectively without causing any damage to the surrounding skin.
- Speed: Each pulse of laser takes less than a fraction of a second, during which many hairs are treated together. The laser is capable of treating an area which is the size of a quarter within a second. Areas such as the upper lips may take as less as a minute to be treated, while large areas may require more time.
- Predictability: The results of laser hair removal are highly predictable and most people see visible results in six to eight treatment sessions.
How is the treatment conducted?
- Your hair, which will get treated, is usually trimmed/shaved to a few millimeters above your skin surface. The laser device is adjusted according to the colour, thickness and location of your hair
- You will be made to wear proper eye protection, depending on the type of laser being used The outer layers of your skin are also protected using a cold gel or a cooling device. This helps the laser to penetrate your skin. After this, a full pulse light is exposed to the concerned area
- After completion of the process, you will be given ice packs, cold water and anti-inflammatory creams to ease the discomfort you may feel
- You must wear a sunscreen of minimum SPF 30+ before stepping out in the sun
- For a few days after a laser hair removal session, your treated skin area may look and feel like sunburn. You need to apply moisturizers for healing
LASER hair removal is not advised to pregnant or breastfeeding women.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!