Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manish
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ManishYour feedback matters!
My skin tone get darker of hand and neck face also getting dull please help me get again fairer skin.
I would like to know best night cream which is. Suitable for Indian skin and also will help to reduce signs of ageing like wrinkles etc. Kindly suggest.
Am 24 years, conceived for about two months. Am facing constipation trouble with internal bleeding via anus. Am I advised to take medicine at first trimester? Or kindly advice me the correct solution for this.
HOW TO REDUCE WEIGHT I WEIGHT 115 KG AGE 26 AND HAS MOTION PROBLEM IF I HAVE WORK I will control both my urine or bathroom I faced some bloods while washing from my patakes.
Meri ass hole se blood aa rha hai or skin bhi chil gyi hai so tell me what I am do & what is problem for me tell.
Does water can improve skin color? normally human being can take up to how many liters of water per day.
Hearing a doctor diagnose you with 'ovarian cysts' can make your mind think of the worst case scenarios, but this is actually quite a common diagnosis. Almost all women are diagnosed with ovarian cysts at some point of their life.
The difference lies in the type and size of cyst diagnosed. Hence, before you panic, read up and get informed. However, not everything you read online is trustworthy. Like every other health condition, ovarian cysts are surrounded by a number of myths.
Let's debunk five of the most common myths surrounding this condition:
- Myth - It requires a surgery: Contradictory to what you may initially think, not all ovarian cysts are harmful. In most cases, these cysts are small, non cancerous and will be resolved on their own. Surgery is needed only in cases where the cyst is abnormally large or where the cyst is diagnosed as a dermoid cyst or as endometriomas. Hence, if you have been diagnosed with an ovarian cyst find out how big the cyst is and what type of a cyst it is.
- Myth - It causes infertility: Being diagnosed with a cyst in your ovaries will not make you infertile or restrict your ability to bear a child. However, it can lead to complications that may cause infertility. If these cysts become infected it could lead to scarring of the fallopian tubes. This is one of the most common causes of infertility. Another situation in which an ovarian cyst may lead to infertility is if it is associated with endometriosis.
- Myth - They are cancerous: With ovarian cysts, every case is unique. However, in most cases, the cysts to not develop into cancerous cells and neither are they cancerous to begin with. A pelvic ultrasound can help your doctor diagnose the type of cyst present in your body. If the doctor deems it cancerous, he or she will usually advise surgery to remove it immediately.
- Myth - It only affect women after menopause: A cyst can develop in the ovaries at any stage of a woman's life. A number of women could even develop cysts that they are not aware of. In some cases, women can even develop these cysts post a hysterectomy that does not involve the removal of the ovaries.
- Myth - It cannot be controlled: If you suffer from recurrent ovarian cysts, taking birth control pills can help the situation. This can suppress the development of cysts in future. Losing weight if you are overweight or quitting smoking can also lower the risks of developing ovarian cysts.
Chemical peels are a skin care procedure that that can be used on the face, neck, and even the hands in order to remove and prevent fine lines. These peels are also helpful in treating age spots and blemishes. These peels can be a part of one’s regular skin care regimen in order to improve the overall appearance of the skin.
Read on to know more about chemical peels and the various types available.
- The procedure: Chemical peels usually follow a specific procedure where a chemical solution is applied to the skin which makes upper layer to peel off. The new skin that emerges is usually free of wrinkles and smoother as compared to the old skin.
- What all does it treat: There are a variety of skin problems that can be treated by chemical peels, including reduction of age spots, dark patches, and other scars. It can also treat severe forms of acne even as it prevents fine lines and wrinkles that have been caused due to constant sun exposure and aging. Also, it reduces the fine lines that form under the eyes and around the mouth. This treatment can also help in treating freckles and dark patches that may be caused due to hormonal changes that happen during pregnancy and also due to birth control pills. It basically gives you smooth and supple skin.
- Light peels: This is one of the most commonly used types of chemical peels. These include lactic, salicylic acid and glycolic peels. This type of chemical peel is a mild one that makes the pores smaller and treats surface problems like acne, blackheads, as well as other skin imperfections like light skin discolouration and freckles. This kind of peel is quick and easy to administer, and can help in stimulating collagen production to keep the skin supple. One will typically need about four sittings in a span of two to four weeks.
- Medium depth chemical peels: These are stronger peels that show more dramatic results. They may cause visible flaking and peeling after the procedure has been carried out. These peels are usually used to fix the problems that come about due to sun damage. Also, these peels can decrease the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and large pores. These peels can also repair the patches that appear due to pigmentation problems. One will need a session at least once every three months to maintain the results.
- Deep chemical peels: These peels have more risk and deeper complications. They are used for very severe cases that include permanent hyperpigmentation which brings about darkening of the skin. Also, it can fix lightening of the skin due to hypopigmentation. It can also be used for the removal of scars. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.