Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manish GandhiYour feedback matters!
Son is 3 years old and has the habit of keeping his tongue out most of the time. Was advised to wait and it will go with time but it doesn't seem to be improving. He speaks a lot and I don't see a problem with his speech except inability to say 'r' sound.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
Children generally tend to be fairly over active and have lesser attention spans. However, when this tends to get into their performance at school and in general with getting along with other children it may be a sign of ADD or attention deficit disorder. Let's look at some of the common symptoms of this disorder.
Symptoms of ADD:
- Problems in staying focused: One of the very basic symptom is that children will often be very inattentive even during classes and will be easily distracted by small things.
- Problems in trying to remember things or difficulty in following instructions: Children with attention deficit disorder tend to have issues with remembering things and if given tasks, being unable to complete as they can't remember instructions properly.
- Issues with organizing, planning and trying to finish tasks: Due to the lack of attention, kids have problems retaining information and cannot plan or finish tasks given to them on a daily basis.
- Easily bored or loses interest: Even if a child with ADD starts with something they like, interest may wane off quickly. Thus it is difficult to make them stick to a specific work schedule which may require regular practice.
- Lack of attention to details and making careless mistakes: This is another trait of children with attention deficit disorder. They may be able to complete a task, but it will be fraught with mistakes as they wouldn't have much attention to detail.
- Has a tendency to not listen when someone is speaking to them: This is also very common and is usually tied to being easily distracted and thus will drift off or not listen to when someone is speaking to them.
Some Myths about ADD:
- All kids with ADD are hyperactive
- They will eventually grow out of it
- Medication is the only option to treat ADD
- ADD is not really a disorder and kids need to be trained better
Most of these are half truths and the extent of the problems varies from child to child. Only proper counseling will be able to diagnose the extent of the problem and what needs to be done.
How to spot ADD in Children:
ADD can be spotted in children aged below 7 years via certain symptoms. Apart from the ones mentioned above, children generally tend be abrasive towards others and can make embarrassing comments quite often. They also change tasks very quickly without completing any of them. Any distraction would force them to change their track. It is best to go to a child specialist to get your child checked out for possible symptoms.
My sister face problem of having nill milk to feed her baby after pregnancy for 3 months and so going on. Please give solution for secretion of milk from breast.
My son is 4.5 years old. He seems to be hyperactive and concentartion disorder and he is lagging behind in the school. What should I do to improve him?
Teens who are overweight or obese and even those in the high range of normal body mass index face an increased risk of death from heart disease and stroke in middle age. Obese teenagers were five times more likely to die of coronary artery disease by middle age compared to those of normal weight. This study stresses the importance of maintaining a healthy weight during childhood and adolescence. As a significantly number of overweight and Obese teens has grown substantially in recent years.