Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Manish DesaiYour feedback matters!
Diabetes refers to a medical condition where the glucose level in your blood increases. It usually happens if there is an excess amount of glucose in your body and your body is unable to utilize it efficiently. In this condition your pancreas either stops producing insulin or fails to produce the requisite amount and hence prevents glucose from entering the cells of your body.
This in turn affects your blood glucose level. Millions of people around the globe are affected by diabetes irrespective of their gender or age. For most people diabetes is generally a lifelong medical condition and can affect your health seriously if it gets severe.
There are many stages and types of diabetes, such as Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes, Gestational diabetes, Pre-diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus and Diabetes Insipidus. Not all diabetes can be prevented but some of the above mentioned ones can be prevented with proper care. Below mentioned are eight tips to prevent diabetes
1. Eating the right portion: The primary key for preventing diabetes is choosing the right amount of food. Eating the right portions can help you to stay away from diabetes. Consider seeking advice from a nutritionist or dietician for knowing the exact portion size you should eat according to your age.
2. Exercise on a regular basis: Exercising regularly for at least half an hour a day can help you to prevent diabetes. You may consider walking or running exercises.
3. Choose the right food: Opt for whole grains as this can help you to maintain your blood sugar level and keep diabetes at bay. Also, try and avoid red meat as it contains high levels of iron which can affect insulin production and increase your chances of developing diabetes.
4. Get rid of obesity: If your BMI is more than thirty then you are suffering from obesity. Obesity increases your chances of developing diabetes. So in order to prevent diabetes you should work at maintaining a balanced weight.
5. Avoid carbonated drinks: Carbonated drinks contain high levels of sugar. This can increase your chances of developing diabetes. So you should try and avoid drinks like colas.
Following the above mentioned tips can help you to avert diabetes.
I am 24 years old female. I had sex with my boy friend without protection. We are not sure that whether the sperm get into my vagina or not? Now we are in a doubt, when we take a pregnancy test? We had sex around 7 days before. Could you please help me Doctor?
My wife is pregnant after 8 year. Please advice us she is until 6 month vomiting. You have any suggestion.
I had intercourse on 5, n had ipill within 24 hours n check the pref test came out to be negative after one day n my date of starting with menstruation cycle was 7 n now its 10th I haven't got it yet so why is it getting delayed?
I got recently married (on 29th Jan 2016) and around that time I was taking pills to stop periods. The pills were taking after consulting a doctor. Since that i'm experience that my body becomes very hot during nights, when we are sleeping. Any specific reason why this is happening and to whom should I consult.
A question of balance
The only issues would be if one partner doesn't want to have as much sex as the other, in which case the frequency needs to be negotiated. Most couples have to navigate this area at some point. The other issue is if your focus is so much on sex that you have no other way to relate to each other. Sex shouldn't be the only activity you enjoy together.
If you're single, daily sex isn't necessarily harmful, but it does indicate a rather one-dimensional approach to life. And the more sex you have with multiple partners, the more you increase your risk of unsafe sex. There are a few signs that could indicate your daily sex isn't healthy and may border on a sex or love addiction. If you find yourself thinking about, planning or pursuing sex for the majority of the day or night, so that your focus is not on your responsibilities, this is a problem.
Libido naturally fluctuates across the lifespan, and as a reflection of what's going on in your life and relationship. The amount of sex you're having must feel as though it's in balance with the rest of your life. The moment you feel it is unbalanced, take some time to get it back. Your life as a couple will be better for it.