Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Hi me and my gf had sex on 7th of september this month and we dint do intercourse but I was rubbed my pennis to her vagina. Her periods was happening in every month 23-24 but now it 26th and no symptoms of periods so now concerned about this and want to know is there any chances of getting pregnancy or what would be reason of not having periods now and also if she is pregnant then what will be the best suggestion to avoid it. Please provide your suggestion Thanks in advance.
I was suffered heart problem, done angiogram on 1995. Single vessel disease detected. Continue medicine Enalapril0. 5 till date. No problem now .Shall I go for check up ,where I had done angio at Vellore .Please suggest me . Zarina Age-45 yrs.
Hi I had unprotected sex on 24th December 2016 at 2: 30 AM and took the I pill at 12: PM (that is within 6-12 hours )and I have my cycle on 14th every month but I get periods in 5 days after taking the pill. It didn't happen this time but today at 1: 30 PM I went to the washroom to pee and saw 2-3 blood spots in the pot and thought them to be my periods but after 20-25 minutes I went to the washroom again and there was no blood neither in the pot nor on the pad till now that is 4: PM. There are just 2-3 blood spots on the pad that is it. The flow on the first day is usually less but not as less as this. Is this implantation bleeding, what shall I do?
I faced a lot of gas problem, indigestion & a little watery stool since one years after regular interval of times. Doctor prescribed me antibiotics & pro biotic tablets but its ok in the period of taking medicine. So what medicine can I use for cure.
As much as we would like to ignore it, domestic abuse is a very common problem. Not every woman has the strength to fight against it and confide in someone. As a friend, it is your duty to look out for them. You don’t have to be an expert in psychology to know the warning signs of domestic violence. Here are 8 such warning signs.
- She is quiet when he is around: If your friend is normally jovial and suddenly becomes quiet the moment her partner is around, don’t overlook the change. She may be scared of saying something that might upset him and start a fight.
- She allows herself to be put down: In almost all cases of domestic violence, the woman is made to feel guilty about everything. This becomes habit and she loses her will to fight back. If you notice you’re friend allowing her partner to walk over her and put her down, she may be facing abuse at home.
- She withdraws from friends and family: Social withdrawal is another major sign of domestic violence. There may be a number of reasons for this; he is too possessive of her, she is injured and scared of letting people see her injuries etc.
- Unexplained injuries: Making an excuse that walking into a door caused a black eye isn’t only a scene from the movies. If your friend suddenly starts wearing inappropriate clothes such as long sleeved tops in summer, she may be a victim of domestic abuse. Look out for such excuses and injuries.
- Plans that are frequently cancelled at the last moment: Victims of domestic abuse often make plans, but never keep them. This could be because their partner does not like them going out without them or because she is injured and doesn’t want you to see her injuries.
- She has casually mentioned violent behavior, but dismissed it lightly: Casually mentioning violent behavior at home could be your friend’s way of trying to tell you that something is wrong. We fear being judged and hence it is sometimes very difficult to speak openly about facing domestic abuse. If you feel a friend is being domestically abused, encourage her to share her problems with you.
- Her finances and personal choices are not controlled by her: Domestic abuse victims usually have most of their lives controlled by their partners. This includes finances, choice of clothing, social attendance etc.
- The children seem nervous and frequently upset: Children may not say much, but notice a lot. Even if they are not abused, seeing their mother hurt can affect a child and make them moody, withdrawn and upset.
I have done protected vaginal intercourse with my boyfriend on 21.6.16 and checked condoms after that found them completely intact. But we did unprotected anal and took i-pill 16 hours later that. My period date was 3rd june but in this month of July, it has been 3 days but I have not started bleeding though my period is quite regular. Is there any chance of being pregnant? I am just freaking out. Please advise.
My mom is 78 years old, physically healthy and active. But since last two years she has psychological problems like she always afraid that someone is after her always, tease her, try to kill her and always want to see her wherever she is. Now the person is a group of people who are after her. I took her to psychiatrist, he gave her medicine, but after taking that she became so fragile n weak and always sleeps. Then she discontinued the medicine. After that with a consultation of gynae she started taking lybotrip 10 in the night. Now her condition is deteriorating. Kindly guide and suggest some light medicine.
The available eggs in the ovaries at a time are collectively called an ovarian reserve. Low reserve happens when the production of eggs reduces. This affects the chances of pregnancy. The general cause of low reserves can be aging ovaries. In such cases, the ovary may be healthy and functioning even if the reserve is low. Production of eggs lower as a woman ages. A woman starts with 250,00 to 500,000 eggs at puberty and ends up with 1000 eggs at menopause.
Low reserves are caused by
- Production of eggs decreases: Chromosomal abnormalities like Turner syndrome (lack of two X chromosomes) and genetic anomalies like Fragile X can decrease egg production.
- Ovarian tissue damage: Rough torsion, endometriosis triggered ovarian cysts, malignant or benign tumours, surgical removal of ovary or any other part of it, chemotherapy or radiation, pelvic adhesions, immunological problems or high BMI (Body Mass Index) can destroy the ovarian tissues.
If a woman has low ovarian reserves, then she will be put on the either of the following protocols:
- Short GnRHa Flare: Gonadotrophin releasing-hormone-agonist (GnRHa) like Lupron, Nafarelin, Synarel or Buserelin is administered. This therapy is initiated at the onset of menstruation. The goal of the treatment is to stimulate the release of the follicular stimulating hormone (FSH) which augments the ovarian follicular growth.
- Combined Clomiphene or Gonadotrophin/Letrozole Stimulation: Older women are mostly administered this protocol. But it is strongly advised not to, as this protocol can potentially harm the egg or the embryo.
- Mid-follicular GnRH-antagonist protocol: Once the GnRHa-agonist protocol is commenced, the GnRH-antagonist is given several days later. Once the follicles reach the size of 12mm, GnRHa antagonists like Ganirelix, Orgalutran, Cetrotide and Cetrorelix are added. These drugs stop the pituitary from secreting the luteinizing hormone (FSH leads to secretion of this hormone).
- Long GnRHa Pituitary Down Regulation Protocol: This is the usual approach to deal with low ovarian reserves.
- Agonist/Antagonist Conversion Protocol: This protocol inhibits FSH production. This protocol generally yields good results.
Hello Doctor. I had intercourse with my partner on july 3rd. We are very nervous about the pregnancy issue. We don't want the baby at this time. It been 15 days now. And my wife noticed that she is using the loo more often now to eject urine, also she is eating more. We both had sex for the very first time in our life. If she is pregnant is there a way we can stop the pregnancy through medicine at this time.
Most of us live with excruciating amount of stress. Rising competition, the rat race, our loans, insurances, health, family, social life and work, everything these days is simply adds on to our levels of stress.
It’s the stress that reminds us of deadlines, prompts us to work better. But the most common type of stress, or distress can have negative effects on our body. Apart from general physical health, it can hurt our bones as well.
1. Excess Stress and Our Bones: Excess stress releases chemicals into bloodstream, particularly the hormone cortisol. Now, this is the hormone that gives our brain and body a temporary boost. But having this hormone for a long term can result in real damage to our bone density. Meanwhile, it can even elevate our blood pressure, result in glucose problems and digestive issues with cardiovascular symptoms.
2. Reduced Bone Density: Reduced bone density, due to stress has several negative effects. For instance, it can increase sugar cravings and lead to obesity. It can also lead to osteoporosis and a number of recurrent fractures.
3. Cortisol Catch: Remember how researchers and doctors informed people that phosphoric acid in cola acts as a corrosive agent? Well that’s what cortisol does in long term. This can even result in other problems, such as exhaustion.
So, how should you deal with it?
Chronic stress can be dealt by understanding what the cause of stress is. Once you have the cause, follow simple relaxation tips, such as,
- Meditate for a few minutes, breathe deeply, exercise and tune into your body. Even ten-fifteen minutes of this is enough.
- Crank up the tunes, listen to a few songs, laugh or loud watching shows or simply go out with your friends.
- Eat well balanced meal, avoid alcohol and recreational drugs, be positive and seek out social support if needed.
- And if the stress still haunts you, consult a counsellor or a doctor for support.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am 26 years old girl I am 21 weeks pregnant. Due to my short cervix length (3.4cm) I had put cervical stitch. Is this safe to travel by car or flight?
I had got my period on 12 feb 2016 which was after 8 months of my delivery and I am still breastfeeding my baby now this month my periods are delayed and I am not getting any sign of it also I have not had any sexual relationship after my periods hence there is no option of pregnancy. Would there be any other health issue?
How to get periods immediately as it is delayed 5 days from previous date? Earlier it was normal but this time it is delayed 5-6days. Is it normal or not?
Dear doctors I am pregnant from last 4 and a half month my weight is only 55 kg tell me doctors is it OK or any problem.
Dear sir/Mam My wife getting conceived. Now 14th week going on. This is G2A1 conceived. So my doctor prescribed natural micronised progesterone tablet 200mg via vaginal inset for one month. This safe or not. Please clarify me. Thanks in advance.
If you have a healthy pregnancy, there’s no reason why you and your partner can not have sex. You would not hurt your baby by making love.
There are, however, some circumstances where you may have to be careful about having sex.
If you’ve had any bleeding or spotting in early pregnancy, your doctor may advise you not to have sex until you reach 14 weeks. Your doctor may say it is best not to have sex for the rest of your pregnancy if you have:
- a history of cervical weakness
- a low-lying placenta (placenta praevia)
- had heavy bleeding
- had a vaginal infection
It is advisable to consult your gynecologist if you have a doubt ask your gynecologist. Your doctor is the best person to advise in such matters.