Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manish DesaiYour feedback matters!
Adverse respiratory events (AREs) are leading causes of post-operative morbidity and mortality. Anesthesia is the use of medicine to prevent or reduce the feeling of pain or sensation during surgery or other painful procedures (such as getting stitches). Giving as an injection or through inhaled gases or vapours, different types of anesthesia affect the nervous system in various ways by blocking nerve impulses and, therefore, pain.
Anesthesia can help control your breathing, blood pressure, blood flow, and heart rate. It may be used to:
- Relax you,
- Block pain,
- Make you sleepy or forgetful,
- Make you unconscious for your surgery.
Adverse Respiratory Events (ARE)
Adverse outcomes of such events are fatal and lead to Death & Brain Damage. Three mechanisms of injury are reported to account for highest adverse respiratory events:
Inadequate Ventilation: Insufficient Gas Exchange can produce the adverse outcome. Esophageal Intubation: Incubation between the two sides of the esophagus inadvertently.
Difficult tracheal intubation: Tracheal Intubation is the placement of a flexible plastic tube into the trachea (windpipe) to maintain an open airway. It is performed facilitate ventilation of lungs in severely ill, anesthetized patients.
Other’s are as listed below:
- Airway Obstruction
- Inadequate inspired oxygen delivery
- Endobronchial Intubation
- Premature Extubation
Residual neuromuscular blockade is an important postoperative complication associated to the use of neuromuscular blocking drugs and is commonly observed in the post-anesthesia care unit (PACU) after non-depolarizing neuromuscular blocking agents (NMBAs) are administered intra-operatively. Incomplete neuromuscular recovery can be minimized with acceleromyography monitoring. The risk of adverse respiratory events during early recovery from anesthesia can be reduced by intra-operative acceleromyography use.
Reintubation is a serious adverse respiratory event and the consequences include increased cardiac and respiratory complications, prolonged length of stay at the PACU, intensive care unit (ICU) and hospital, prolonged mechanical ventilator support, higher costs, and increased mortality. Overweight and obesity have also been identified as risk factors for postoperative respiratory complications. Most adverse respiratory events are considered preventable with improved monitoring such as:
- Pulse Oximetry
- Combination of Both
Closed observation of the clinical factors and appropriate monitoring by well trained people are factors necessary to prevent adverse outcome. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general surgeon.
Cashew nuts or Kaju are extremely nutritious and delicious to eat. They are rich in vitamins, minerals, soluble dietary fiber and antioxidants that are essential for the normal functioning of your body.
The following are some of the health benefits of cashew nuts:
- Ensures healthy heart: Cashew nuts have a comparatively low fat content than most other nuts.It is cholesterol free, has rich antioxidants and contains a number of health-promoting phyto-chemicals that ensure protection against various heart diseases.
- Prevents cancer: Cashew nuts are rich in flavonoids that are known to be effective in combating the growth of tumor cells. It is rich in copper content that helps prevent and control the formation of cancerous cells and protects you from colon cancer.
- Manages hypertension and promotes health of nerves: Cashew nut contains magnesium, which is known for its effectiveness in controlling the levels of blood pressure. It enables you to control your blood pressure thereby, enabling you to manage hypertension. Lack of magnesium also affects the health of your nerves.
- Prevents macular degeneration: According to studies, regular consumption of most nuts tends to prove effective in reducing the risk of macular degeneration in the long term. Cashew nuts are among such nuts that have the ability to filter the sun's UV rays and offer you protection against age related macular degeneration.
- Aids in weight loss: According to studies, people who indulge in the regular consumption of cashew nuts and practice an active lifestyle are less susceptible to sudden weight gain than people who do not. Cashew nuts also contain good cholesterol and are hence considered to be very good for your overall health.
- Prevents gallstones: Gallstones are usually hard masses that are found in the bile duct or gallbladder. Gallstones normally develop due to the fatty nature of the cholesterol which obstructs its breakdown. According to studies, eating cashew nuts, in moderation, on a regular basis is helpful for preventing the formation of gallstones in women.
- Promotes health of tissue: Cashew nuts are rich in copper content, which when reacts with iron present in your body, leads to the creation of new and healthy red blood cells. It also helps in the production of collagen that keeps your tissues strong and healthy.
Multigrain foods will be high in complex carbohydratesand protein. Complex carbs are great for energy production, and this can help with exercise and losing weight.
They break down slower so they can provide energy over a longer period of time.
The levels of protein will aid the body in tissue repair and production of antibodies that will help fight sickness or infection.
In addition, they will contain nutrients, fiber and essential minerals like magnesium, copper and iron.
Multigrains that contain whole grains will be filled with essential fatty acids, b-vitamins, starch and fiber. Magnesium will help build strong bones and teeth. It will also help with metabolism. Fiber is great in helping the body stay regular and maintaining a healthy colon.
Adding multigrains to a diet
Now that you see some of the benefits, it is now time to see how you can fit in these healthy foods to your diet.
Multigrains can be added to any meal throughout the day. At breakfast you could start with a multigrain gruel or idli or dosa with sprouts or egg whites mixed in. At lunch you could have multigrain roti, veggies, dal. And then at dinner you could have a healthy portion of multigrains porridge or kichidi right next to a chicken breast or paneer.
Hi I'm 5 weeks pregnant Hai aur humko thyroid 2 years se hai. Dr. thyronorm 100 mcg Suggest kare .hum tablet breakfast se 30 mints before late the but now Dr. told me 2 hr before or atlest 1/2 before lo You please help me breakfast se kitne time before Lena ?¹¹
I am 24 years old and I have a small doubt i. E I involved in sex with my girlfriend on 25 of this month with condoms and her periods date is january 14. Is there any chance of pregnancy and suggest safety days to have sex without protection.
For 30+ F on second pregnancy, is it ok to continue breastfeed to 1.5 years old kid ? She is currently on folic acid along with iron & calcium supplements. What if sugar medicine gets started in next couple of months ? Is it safe to feed then ?
I had intercourse with my husband on 5 day of my periods that is on 12 january and it was without any protection so I had taken a I pill as we are not planning for a baby and on 17 january a little bleeding occurred. I am feeling dizzy and a little weak and had headache also. Please tell me are there any chance of pregnancy.
Hi I am 26 years old n my LMP was 22.11.2016. I Had proper periods only fr 1 day den til yesterday it was very little. M also feeling dizzy sometimes n hvng pain in lower abdomen. I am also trying to conceive since 10 months bt hvnt conceived yet. Pls rply.
I am a 25 year girl and there remains pain in my breast. It pains more when I remove bra. Please tell me is this normal?
I had oral sex 3 weeks ago without protection .I don't know about her that she was infected by hiv or not but I am very worried about myself. And please tell about symptoms.
Ajwain or carom seeds are the best thing to have ever happened to mankind, especially to those of us who suffer from digestive problems on a regular basis. They have a slew of benefits apart from just curing an upset stomach.
Let’s take you through the benefits of ajwain water or carom seeds boiled in water.
- Acidity: Carom seeds are the best bulwark against acidity, especially when taken along with ginger powder and cumin seeds. For curing flatulence, carom seeds work best when they are soaked in lime juice, dried and then consumed with warm water daily. This works as a miracle against flatulence.
- Asthma: Ajwain water cleans mucus from the body and provides relief from cold and cough. Apart from this, it also helps in treating bronchitis and asthma. The effects are even better if you take ajwain with jaggery twice a day. For best relief from cold, inhale the steam of carom seeds infused in hot water.
- Irregular menses: Ajwain water is an excellent remedy for getting regular periods.
- Liver and kidney malfunction: Ajwain water treats intestinal pains caused due to indigestion and also gets rid of liver and kidney malfunctions.
- Weight loss: Ajwain water taken on an empty stomach every day helps dissolve body fat and helps to reduce weight. You can also consume 1tsp of carom seeds on an empty stomach every morning to reap its weight loss benefits.
- Tooth pain: Ajwain seeds have been proven to cure tooth pain. Ajwain oil mixed with olive oil and water is an excellent panacea for tooth ache and bad mouth odour. This mixture also maintains oral hygiene.
- Itching, boils, and eczema: Ajwain seeds ground into a paste with lukewarm water and applied on the affected parts of the body can get rid of boils and itching.
- Arthritis: A massage with carom seeds oil on joints affected with arthritis is an excellent way to get rid of pain.
- Trembles: Ajwain soaked in water in the night and consumed the next morning on a daily basis is useful in treating trembling and shaking of limbs.
- Eye cleanser: Cold ajwain water can be used to wash itchy eyes for cleaning them.
- Flu: Carom seeds boiled with cinnamon powder in water is one of the best natural remedies for flu.
- Diarrhea: Ajwain water taken twice daily is an excellent cure for diarrhea.
- Menstrual cramps: Carom seeds work as a nerve tonic and are used to relax nerves during menses, decreasing menstrual cramps. You can also apply carom seed oil on the lower abdomen to get relief.
- Heart: Ajwain water can cure chest pains. You can add jaggery to get instant relief.
- Lactation: Ajwain water is excellent for lactating women as it increases milk flow. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hello sir We had a sex during period time and she lost verginity and on last day (3rd Feb) of her period she took ipill. Then we had sex on 12th next time. She should be come in period on 2nd March But my wife till not come in period. Then my wife checked 2 time did pregnancy check by trips n then she did again 3rd time pregnancy test by medical trips. All time it was negative. If it's negative how can happened she didn't come in period.
I had an intercourse for 6 days and in between I even took I-pill aftr 7th day suddenly I got my periods tht to before the date and now it's not stopping. Today is 12th day. please help me out.
Which test should I undergo to find out whether I am suffering from pcod. My periods are regular but have excess hair on chin which is one of the symptoms of pcod so wanted to know which test should I undergo. What r the natural ways to overcome pcod.
Home Remedies of Tulsi
•In the case of sore throat, boil the water with Tulsi leaves and take as a drink. This water can also be used as gargle.
•Take decocotion of Tulsi leaves with honey and ginger will act as an effective remedy for bronchitis, asthma, cough and cold.
•To get immediate relief fom influenza, take Tulsi leaves, cloves and some salt boil it in 1/2 liter of water till only the water are left and take it as a drink.
•In case of kidney stones, take the juice of Tulsi leaves and honey regularly for 6 months it will expel the stones via urinary tract.
•Take 12 leaves of Tulsi twice a day to prevent from stress and also purifies the blood.
•To cure ulcer and mouth infections take a few Tulsi leaves and chew them for some days.
•To cure the insect stings or bites, take a teaspoonful of fresh juice of Tulsi leaves or paste of fresh roots and apply it on the effected skin.
•Consume the juice of Tulsi leaves which is the beneficial in the treatment of ringworms and other skin diseases.
•Take Tulsi leaves dry in sun and make powder, can use it for brushing teeth.
•Take Tulsi leaves mix with mustered oil and make paste. Use it as toothpaste that hepls to maintain good dental health and massage it to the gums.
•To get relief from headache take decoction of Tulsi leaves internally.
•Pound the Tulsi leaves mix it with sandal wood paste and apply it on the forehead to reduce over heat and headache.
•Take 2 drops of black Tulsi leaves juice and put into eyes daily at bedtime which is an effective remedy for sore eyes and night blindness.
•To get relief from pain due to burns, apply Tulsi juice mixed with equal amount of coconut oil on the burns.
•To get quick relief from itching apply Tulsi juice mix with lemon on the areas.
•Take paste of Tulsi, hibiscus(gurhal) and neem leaves and apply it to the hair to keep it healthy and itch free.