Find numerous Homeopaths in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Homeopaths with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manibha KhandelwalYour feedback matters!
Exposure to the sun for a long period of time can result in several skin problems. They occur on the basis of heat, humidity and the rays of the sun. Here are the most common skin problems caused due to sun exposure:
- Sunburn: Sunburns occur as a result of overexposure of the skin to the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. Melanin in the skin protects it from the sun’s rays, but in case of overexposure, melanin fails to work and sunburn is caused. The symptoms of sunburn include the skin turning red, burning in the affected areas, skin tightness and a sensation of itching. Severe symptoms are blisters, chills, fever and fatigue.
- Age spots: Age spots are caused due to overexposure to the sun. They are brown marks, which appear on the surface of the skin, especially in the arms, hands and other body parts. Age spots get more prevalent with ageing. Symptoms of this condition include brown and gray pigmentation on the skin surface. The pigmentation occurs in a circular shape and is flat on the skin.
- Photosensitivity: This condition is also known as sun allergy. People with photosensitivity are likely to get burned from sun exposure very easily, and symptoms of sunburn are observed. Symptoms include red and pink skin rashes accompanied by itching and burning. The area gets scaly and blistered.
- Moles: Moles occur commonly due to sun exposure. They may appear on any part of the body. Moles may vary from being harmless to cancerous. Common symptoms include raised skin and the skin tone changing into reddish brown or black. Moles are round in shape, and some moles are painful.
- Solar elastosis: This condition is commonly known wrinkles and occurs when the elastic tissues of the skin get deteriorated due to sun exposure. The skin turns limp on account of no strength of the tissues and collagen. Wrinkles appear, and the skin seems loose and sagging. Deep lines are formed on the skin.
- Skin cancer: Skin cancer accounts for being the most severe and fatal result of prolonged exposure to the sun without any kind of protection. There are many forms of skin cancer. The most primary skin cancers include Melanoma, basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma.
- Polymorphous light eruption: This condition, known as PMLE in short, affects women between the age group of twenty to forty. It also occurs in light sensitive people who spend more time under the sun. Symptoms include a red or pink, bumpy rash and raised areas on the skin surface. Itchiness and dry patches are indicated.
A large number of skin problems occur due to long hours of sun exposure. Some of these are chronic problems, which require proper treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
My babe is 5years old and is having cough for the last 1year and having montaire tab. Last day onwards he is having fever. I am totally upset. What's the reason of this cough?
Sir My name is Probin and I am 32 years old. My problem is sperms comes out from Urine due to which I am very thin and my penis is very small and also am not able to do longer sex. Please give me some suggestions for improvements in my health.
I am loosing hair quickly I am used all shoompu but I have not got the solution. So give solution for my hairs.
Pelvic pain is most common in women, though sometimes it occurs in men as well. There is absolutely no reason why pelvic pain cannot be treated and therefore women need not panic if they are experiencing such pain. The treatment of any pain can be done methodically after discovering its cause. Thus, before jotting down the treatments for pelvic pain, it is important to explore the reasons that cause pelvic pain in women.
Reasons for pelvic pain
- Reproductive organs in women play an important part in causing pelvic pain. The reproductive organ is complex when it comes to women and many small or big problems there might end up leading to pelvic pain.
- Any urinary infection or bladder irritation might also lead to pelvic pain.
- The nerves and muscles of the abdomen may cause pain in the pelvis area as well. In fact, the nerves and muscles are very tender near the pelvis area and care should be taken so that one does not strain them or pull the ligaments. This can cause severe pain.
- Another interesting point to be noted is that sometimes even after going through a lot of examinations, no causes of pelvic pain are found. In such cases it is understood that the pelvic pain is a manifestation of the remains of a long forgotten injury or accident.
- It has been examined and found out that physical abuse can at times lead to chronic pelvic pain. Though this link has not yet been understood properly, but it is seen to be true.
Treatments for pelvic pain
- The most basic treatment is to apply heating pad on the affected area. Heat helps in relaxing the muscles and nerves thereby, lessening the pain. However, this would reduce the pain, but cannot make it disappear in a day. Thus, it is a continued process for a week or 10 days till the pain recedes.
- Relaxation techniques like meditation, breathing exercises, yoga and even muscle exercises like jogging help in reducing the pain. However, this should be done under guidance. One wrong move can actually aggravate the pain instead of lessening it.
- Then there are painkillers which are non-steroidal and help in lessening the pain. Painkillers have a correct dosage and must be taken only after consulting a doctor. Self-medication in such cases can prove disastrous.
- At times, when all medications fail, surgery is the last resort.
Thus, these are some of the treatments that can be undertaken if and when you are experiencing pelvic pain. All these are connected to the root cause and must be followed only under medical supervision.
I always want to hv sex , then I relax myself by masturbating. please help. Also I want to make my penis wider n lengthier as per my age 36 yrs.
Diabetes is a problem to me from 2003 in a mild form. My current HBA1C is at 7.2. I had also undergone a Angioplasty in 2007. I am on those BP, Cholesterol and Diabetes medicine. Is there any way I can get rid off the medicine for the Diabetes is what I am to look for. I am.
Hi sir, I want to take (BIOTIN 10, 000 mg)tablets for my beard growth. Can I take it. My age is 20. I just have a small beard appearing in my face, some of the places I do not get my beard properly (Patches) So can I buy that BIOTIN 10, 000 mg tablets. Please suggest me Sir__?
Sir I have obesity so my stomach looks fatty and I'm newly married that last month so please help me to reduce my stomach.
I am 20 years old male. My problem is cold when change a place it can attack me so can suggest medicine.
My frnd had the dry humping with her bf she was wearing panty and jogging and her bf was wearing underwear is there any possibility to get pregnant.
I am suffering from anxiety and if I kept thinking about my anxiety its getting worse ,from this my back become warm , hot so tell me what should I do to overcome this?
Influenza viruses spread from human to human via aerosols created by coughs or sneezes of infected individuals .The incubation period of influenza ranges from 18-72 hours. Viral shedding occurs at the onset of symptoms or just before the onset of illness (0-24 h). Shedding continues for 5-10 days. Young children may shed virus longer, placing others at risk for contracting infection with the virus. Shedding may persist for weeks to months in highly immunocompromised persons.
The presentation of influenza virus infection varies; however, it usually includes many of the symptoms shown here. Patients with influenza who have preexisting immunity or who have received vaccine may have milder symptoms. Abrupt onset of illness is common. Fever may vary widely among patients, with some having low fevers (in the 100°F range) and others developing fevers as high as 104°F (40°C). Sore throat can be severe and may last 3-5 days. In children diarrhea may be a feature.
Findings of standard laboratory studies, such as a complete blood cell count and electrolyte levels, are nonspecific but helpful in the workup of influenza. Leukopenia and relative lymphopenia are typical findings in influenza. Thrombocytopenia may be present.
Most frequently, hospitalization is necessary when influenza exacerbates underlying chronic diseases. Some patients, especially elderly individuals, may be too weak to care for themselves alone at home. On occasion, the direct pathologic effects of influenza may require hospitalization; most commonly, this is influenza pneumonia.
Patients with influenza generally benefit from bed rest, and most patients recover in 3 days; however, malaise may persist for weeks. After the development of influenza, antiviral agents can reduce the duration and severity of illness. To be effective, the medications must be administered within 40 hours of symptom onset. Oseltamivir is taken orally (75 mg bid for 5 d).
The influenza vaccine is recommended by the World Health Organization and United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for high-risk groups, such as children, the elderly, health care workers, and people who have chronic illnesses such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease, or are immuno-compromised among others.