Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Mangesh PatilYour feedback matters!
I am 52 years old male. Since 20 days deep yellow colour urine passes out which is not frequent. I am diabetic.
What are kidney stones?
The primary function of the kidney is to filter the blood and eliminate the waste products through urine. The waste deposition is sometimes in the form of excessive calcium, uric acid and other undesirable contents. It may cause the urine to get highly saturated. This is when stone-like formations take place inside the kidneys. Kidney stones are also termed renal lithiasis or calculi. There are different kinds of kidney stones, which are differentiated based on its varied constituents. Kidney stones cause excruciating pain and uneasiness. Frequent urination, extreme discomfort during urinating and presence of blood in the urine are some of the major signs of kidney stones. The symptoms are not evident if the stones are very small in size.
Causes of kidney stones:
- Incorrect calcium intake: High amounts of calcium can lead to high calcium depositions in the kidneys. It is important to keep the calcium intake moderate. Calcium supplements must be checked if you have already included dairy products in your diet.
- Abnormal rates of sodium in the body: Sodium, just like calcium, gets deposited in the kidneys.
- Excessive animal protein intake: Too much of animal protein intake can make the urine turn acidic, leading to uric acid depositions in the kidneys.
- Sugary, aerated drinks: These lead to undesirable waste deposition in the blood stream and eventually in the kidneys.
- Inadequate water intake: Not keeping the body well hydrated can cause the urine to turn acidic and increase waste deposition.
Potential risks and complications of kidney stones:
- Kidney stones may cause an infection in the kidneys which may eventually spread to the other internal organs and surrounding tissues.
- Kidney stones block the ureter and cause severe pain and discomfort that make sitting, standing or any other posture difficult.
- Kidney stones rarely cause kidney failures but the severe blockage and infection may cause such detrimental results in the human body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
My daughter age is 5 yrs. She has a habit of doing toilet in nights daily. What to do now please advise me.
Doctor said it is normal. I do not have symptoms. Why to check for psa? What is the normal size of prostate? At 25age. All men have different size or same?
Hello Doctors, I am married, 25 year old female, I have stone formation in my kidneys, a total of 3 stones measuring 4.5mm maximum(this scan was done last march). Doctors have asked me to drink lots of liquids. I am not on any medical treatment. Is it correct or should I have to go in for some other hospital? Will if affect in case we are planning for a baby this year? Please help.
With urine infection I am also having Rheumatoid arthritis. Kindly suggest me some medicine in Homeopathy.
How to do kegel exercise? I am searching on net but didn't find a proper video for that. Some say just stop the urination fir few sec while urinating. Other say just sit in the chair or floor inhale the air and contract the buttock portion and then release it .please suggest a proper format or any proper steps to do it?
1) Avoid hard water to drink, drink sufficient boiled water or purified water only.
2) Avoid fruits containing small seeds like tomato, guava, vegetables like brinjal,
3) Take 4 crushed Elaichi (cardamom) add 2 cups of water boiled to become half filter it, add 2 spoons of cow ghee take on an empty stomach.
4) Do skipping exercise daily so that stone can come down to the bladder.
5) Drink sugarcane juice without ice empty stomach or as possible.
6) Duration to cure kidney stone is depends upon size, the number of stone, position (kidney urethra).