Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mangesh
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. MangeshYour feedback matters!
An extra teeth had grown in my mouth just inside the other teeth. I feel uncomfortable. I want that it should fall out from my mouth. What do I do now ?
I am continuously facing mouth ulcers problem. Nearly more than 10 days in a month. What is the remedy for this?
A person normally focuses on the disadvantages of having braces when he/she is required by the dentist to put braces. If you are also one of them, think again and read on about the importance and advantages of having braces for teeth:
- Correct the alignment! no one would prefer having disorganized teeth if one has a choice, he or she would try correcting them. For this reason, braces are essentially recommended by the dentists to correct the misaligned teeth. Dental flaws could be rectified most of the time completely or at times partially, depending upon the condition of the teeth in question. Though the braces may not look so great but these have a tendency of giving your face a whole makeover! braces for teeth could be put for 1 year to almost 3 years.
- Protruding jaw! the other importance or advantage of having braces is to correct protruding lower jaw line. Many people have and feel a bit wary about having a protruding jaw line. It is our unattractive braces that can come for a rescue for this problem in people. Helping to realign the jaw area braces can make your smiles brighter.
- Dental or oral hygiene! it is observed by the dentists and the orthodontists, that the braces not only help correct the jaw line and the dental flaws but also help in preventing tooth decay and likewise dental problems. The teeth which are crooked or are crowded are a bit tough to brush and floss. If the teeth are left crooked, it would result in decaying of the tooth and similar dental problems. Therefore, these
- Treating malocclusion or bites! the difference is sizes of the upper and the lower jaw is essentially termed as malocclusion. In a lay man's words, it is the bite problems that a person suffers from having a bigger upper jaw and smaller lower jaw and vice versa. This bite problem has grave risks involved in it which could develop into some severe gum disease eventually might let you lose your teeth or making it difficult for you to chew. Braces for teeth are an answer to this condition too! bite problems could be minimized to the fullest with the help of these braces. Braces help in keeping your oral cavity clean.
- Aging braces! if you require wearing braces for teeth, you could possibly wear them as per the instructions of the doctor. Some kids wear it as early, when they are just 6 years of age, some wear them when they reach 10 years of age, some other would go wearing them in their teens.
- Wearing braces makes you stand out from the crowd! make a fashion statement and wear colourful braces and smile the electric smile with your braces!
All of my gums look pink and healthy except for my bottom gums at the front I think my gums are receding.
1) My 2nd last teeth both left and right are cracked vertically and pain at left side only. (2) Left chick, throat, lower lip sometimes get pained. (3) The 3rd left teeth also gets pained. (4) I feel severe pain in complete teeth. When intake cold and hot (5) I was taking pain killer for relief, but for the last 3-4 days I am using 'Elsenz' tooth paste twice a day.
If we think about what attracts us to a person in general, the first thing that we can think of is a great, warm smile. A good set of well-aligned white teeth is an important aspect of this great smile. However, white teeth remain an elusive thing for most of us. Some of the common reasons for discolored teeth are as below.
- Hypo mineralized tooth structure
- Food habits
- Tobacco smoking/chewing (learn more for Smoking Effect on Teeth)
- Side effects of medication (tetracyclines, for instance)
The degree of discoloration varies widely and also is hereditary. Whatever the reasons, there is the option of tooth whitening, which is effective with optimal oral health and good oral hygiene habits. Tooth whitening is not for everybody though, the following are the definite contraindications.
- Teeth with fillings: The bleaching agents work best on natural tooth structure. Whether it is a crown or a veneer or a bridge, the bleaching agent will not work on these tooth-colored fillings and composite resins. On the contrary, using bleaching agent on a tooth filling can produce uneven whitening. The teeth without fillings will appear lighter than those with fillings. If the person has discoloration due to fluorosis or any other reason, then it is ideal to complete any pending restorative work before initiating tooth whitening procedure. This should be allowed to settle in for about 2 weeks. After that, whitening should be undertaken which will ensure the best results and match with the composite filling/veneer/crowns. In people with multiple restorations, whitening can result in uneven coloration of the teeth and so veneers or crowns would be better suited than whitening.
- Sensitive teeth: Sensitivity is an indication that the dentin is exposed or is covered by a very thin layer of enamel. Whitening agents will not work very well in these cases.
- Poor oral health (gingivitis, worn enamel, cavities, and root decay): The whitening agent can irritate the gums or penetrate the existing decay or worn enamel leading to sensitivity. The tooth whitening agent works on the enamel, and as the tooth surfaces do not have enamel, they do not produce a whitening effect.
- Age: Hydrogen peroxide which is the most common bleaching agent is not safe for use in children below 16 years of age. The pulp chambers are quite high and the tooth is still forming, so bleaching agents are not to be used.
While choosing to go for tooth whitening, one thing to bear in mind is that it is not a permanent solution to discolored teeth and might require repetition of the treatment. Having a detailed discussion will help set realistic expectations and achieve optimal results.