Dr. Mangesh Chandewar is a distinguished General Physician and Sexologist in Navi Mumbai who has an experience of 10 years in treating diverse cases of his patients. He completed MBBS from Maharashtra University of Health Sciences in 2007 and has a Diploma in Public Health (Preventive and Social Medicine) from B.Y.L. Nair Hospital, Mumbai in 2011. He has been a Junior Resident in Community Medicine at Nair Hospital, House Officer at Sion Hospital and Assistant Medical Officer at Public Health Department, BMC, Mumbai. He is a professional member of the Maharashtra Medical Council.
Dr. Mangesh Chandewar dedicates his learning and practice to provide services like Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures, treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy, HIV Prophylaxis Post Exposure, Restylane Vital Procedure, Oxygen Therapy treatment, treatment of Shin Splints, treatment of Tetracycline Stains, Management of Smoking Cessation, Weight Management treatment, Allergy treatment, Asthma Management Program, Dengue treatment, Skin Detoxification treatment, treatment of Gastrointestinal Disorders, Head and Neck Pain treatment, treatment Of Migraine, HIV Counselling, Insulin treatment, treatment of Tuberculosis, treatment of Thyroid Disorders and Vaccinations.
Dr. Mangesh Chandewar is available at Getwell Clinic and Vaccination Center, Shop no-2, Yash Avenue CHS, Kharghar-20, Navi Mumbai, (Monday-Saturday, 7.30 PM-9.30 PM).
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mangesh ChandewarYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Mangesh Chandewar to be knowledgeable. Itching is there all over the body
Dr. Mangesh Chandewar provides answers that are very helpful and inspiring. Thank you so much sir
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Mangesh Chandewar to be well-reasoned. Thank you so much
Dr. Mangesh Chandewar provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you very much
Dr. Mangesh Chandewar provides answers that are professional. Thanks
Dr. Mangesh Chandewar provides answers that are caring. Thanku sir
When the little member of the family arrives, a father spends a lot of time with their kids and by nurturing and playing with them, understand their need and always stand by them.
As time passes, the little child learns to speak and walk, and the father lends himself to teach and help his baby explore the world. The little child is convinced and believes that his father is the ultimate man on the planet and he looks up to be like him someday.
New responsibilities bring about a bout of stress
Is it difficult to don the role of a father? Yes. However, no father feels so because of the love and happiness he gets from his little bundle of joy.
A father has a host of duties. One essential thing is to look after the members of the family and earn the bread for them. As he ages, all these involvements start taking a toll on his mental and physical health and make him vulnerable to stress and anxiety.
He could have a new boss in his office who’s driving him crazy, or he may have new responsibilities coming up with the promotion. Or maybe his business has extended and kept him preoccupied with different works. He is yearning to return home faster and play with his kids, but he is helpless.
Quick tips to help them de-stress
For ages now, the primary breadwinner of a family is the man. Though women have started earning as well, man is still considered responsible for the family’s financial well-being.
Anxiety and stress go hand-in-hand in a father’s life. It is essential to know ways to help them de-stress themselves which will help him to not only fulfill their responsibilities, but will also provide satisfaction and happiness of being a father.
Be it a young and new father or an old and experienced father. Following are a few ways to help them de-stress:
Taking a walk every now and then is really a great way to de-stress and a 10 minute walk every day can do wonders.
Breath being the life force, practicing Pranayama, the breathing technique makes them mentally and physically active
Engage them in a refreshing hobby like gardening. Small plants in your portico or a full-fledged garden in your backyard, they have immense impact on your well-being
Reduce screen time whenever possible
Family time is important as is their me-time. Make them take time for themselves and let them hang out with their buddies
Request them to practice stress relieving poses like Eagle pose three or four times a week. Also, indulge in rejuvenating spas and massages
Treat them to a good movie with their partner or musical of their choice.
Yoga to relieve the stress
Fathers play a significant role in the life of the child, and the father is considered the guiding light for the children. Father’s love is reflected and felt at every stage as the child grows up. Modern life comprises of stress, and it could eventually lead to health issues such as chest pain, insomnia, and others.
Yoga helps in relaxing the muscle and helps the mind to refresh up. It lowers the level of stress hormone and increases the energy level to a great extent. People who perform Yoga on a regular basis have a healthy mind and body.
Thus, on this particular occasion of Fathers’ Day, it is worthy to celebrate it in a way that would prove to be beneficial for the father. Let the father be celebrated and let he be offered the gift of health on this special day!
Apart from all these ways to help them de-stress, you can also help them by booking a preventive health check up for them.
A kidney transplant is a surgical procedure that patients of kidney disease go through in order to replace a non functioning kidney with a live one that is healthy and functions well. Other methods to treat this disease also include dialysis, which basically is an artificial way of doing what our kidneys are designed to do. When dialysis does not work, many doctors recommend a kidney transplant. A replacement or donated kidney can come from a living donor or a non-living donor. This new kidney will mostly work towards keeping the blood clean, which is a function that stops when the old and diseased kidneys fail.
So, here's a list of five essential facts that you need to keep in mind if you are looking at a kidney transplant:
- Donors: While there are living and non-living donors, the doctor will have to ensure that your donor is someone who has no medical history of complications, kidney disease or any other medical condition like diabetes or hypertension. Also, the donor would have to have two proper functioning kidneys. Further, one of the most important factors is the blood group. The blood group of the donor and the patient must match for the transplant to be possible.
- Procedure: During the surgery, the patient will be under general anesthesia. The surgeon will make an incision in the lower abdomen area and the blood vessels of the new kidney will be connected surgically with the vein and iliac artery of the patient. Thereafter, any excess fluid will be drained before wrapping up the surgery.
- Rejection: The patient's body may also reject the kidney. The immune system of the patient may mistake the new kidney as an attacking body and its natural defenses may work against it, which will lead to complications. For this, doctors usually prescribe immunosuppressant medicines that will help in preventing such an eventuality.
- Longevity: While a living donor's kidney may last longer, a non-living donor's kidney will not enjoy such a long life. In such cases, a second transplant can be conducted.
- Diet: After the transplant, the patient will be required to go through a number of measures like coughing to show that the lungs are clear, as well as administration of fluids and some amount of examination and dialysis. Also, the patient will have to have a special diet that includes raw fruits and vegetables, and plenty of non-fat dairy ingredients.
A kidney transplant is a major operation that can change your lifestyle in the long run.
For those who are under the age of 35 and healthy, an annual checkup is not necessary, one every 2 to 3 years is fine. Even between 35-45 years if you continue to live a healthy lifestyle and face no medical problems, an annual medical checkup is not essential. But, for those who are above the age of 45, an annual checkup is recommended. The regular checkup will detect any medical issue, which can then be treated effectively. And as you know, early detection can help overcome even deadly diseases like cancer.
What should a checkup involve?
- Essentially a full body checkup starts with obtaining patient and family history to check for any genetic problems. Details on lifestyle habits and exercise routine are also recorded.
- It is followed by a thorough physical examination, which includes measuring blood pressure, checking eye and thyroid, reflex examination, chest examination etc.
- Sometimes depending on factors like the age and patient history a rectal examination may be done. For women, sometimes pap smear (test for cervical cancer) is also recommended.
- A blood test is generally also done. In case, the patient suffers from other problems related tests like Cholesterol, liver function tests, LDLs, HDLs etc. are done.
- The BMI (Body Mass Index) of the patient is taken to measure the weight. Nowadays a waist-hip ratio is generally taken as it offers a more accurate measure.
- After the examination and tests are complete, it is essential that you have a clear conversation with your doctor, and understand how your body is working currently. In case there is a medical problem, make sure that your doctor gives you details about its treatment and cure.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions in case you aren't clear about something. The doctor is there to help you lead a healthy and balanced life.
- It helps, if you conduct a self-examination of your body at regular intervals. Once a month, conduct a skin examination from head to toe for any abnormal spots, rashes or moles. Consult your doctor on the best way to go about it if necessary.
If you would like to schedule home sample pickup for book full body checkup, click here now.
How much should be proper ejaculation time. Is masturbation once a week bad for health or its normal.
Dear Doctor My glomerular filtration level is 74 ml/min/1.73 m2 Normal range is 90. How to improve the range. Thank you.
Sir/Mam is masturbation on daily basis is good for health? If no than what is the actual gap to take in hand job And how to control this habit?
I am an Indian. I have a 12 yrs. Boy. His weight is 32.3 kg and hight is 4" 4 fts. Our family is fully vegetarian. How I can improve his hight and weight. Even I want a whole day meal chart for him.
I am a male of 21 years and have a problem with my penis size. I would like to know how to increase the size of my penis without taking any medicines. My penis size is 5.2 cm. Please guide me a healthy way.
I was tested for moderate escherichia coli few months ago, I was given ceftriaxone which I took for two days and some antibiotics. Sometimes I notice some vibrations in my groin and some frequent urination. What kind of antibiotic can I take to clear the infection if some r still there?
I am 17 years old male and I have a 12 cm penis with 4 inch girth. Is it normal? Will it grow in the coming years? Should I stop masturbating? Thanks.
Sir my age is 17 and my pennis is too small like 3-4 cms I do not no what to do please suggest me something sir.
I am suffering from nose blockage from 3 months on wards my nose was blocked I used nasal drops but also it's like that what is this I don't no when I am spreading the nose with hand then I can able to breath properly otherwise it's not comfortable while cold will be nose will block but I don't have cold but my nose was blocked what to do please tell me doctor what is this.
My two month old kid stool, urine and feeding all are normal. He mostly dry cough at night. Doctor prescribed me maxtra and ambrodil lx. I gave him saline drips also. Please advice.
Hello I am a married guy. I was having sex with no issues at all but from last few days I can see I am unable to hold erection for long and my time in bed drop to 1-2 min from 5 min. Please help.
I am 20. 5 years F. For some reason, I feel very insecure while using condom. I always fear it may fail and when we come to know about it, it's generally very late. I wanted to know about oral contraceptive pills like unwanted 21 days that are available in the market. How safe are they and how effective, especially around 12th to 19th day of cycle when there is high chance of pregnancy. What are the side effects? Do they cause any complications in pregnancy later when I want to get pregnant? I plan to use them for like 3 times a year with regular gaps.
While most of us consume alcohol on a social basis, or during certain special and momentous events of our life, there are some people who may be classified as heavy drinkers. There is a certain alcohol limit as per the sex, age and climate that a person can have on a daily basis. When a person overshoots that limit on a daily basis and that too by a large margin, he or she may be known as a heavy drinker.
If you fall in this heavy drinking category, then you may want to go through the following tips in order to bring down and curb your habit so that you can drink in moderation, without causing undue problems for your mental and physical health.
- Use bitters: Using bitters, especially digestive bitters, with your drinks can help in bringing down the amount of alcohol that you consume in one go. This can also help your body in digesting the alcohol in a better manner so that you do not wake up with a hangover. Also, the use of digestive bitters can help in detoxification of the liver and prevent it from getting coated with toxins released by alcohol.
- Water: It is a well-known fact that one must stay hydrated while drinking so that he/she does not get carried away and drink too much. You can easily have a glass of water between each drink so that you keep the buzz at a stable level rather than letting it get to your head, to a point where you start to ask for even more alcohol. Moreover, before a big party or event, it is best to first have plenty of water so that you do not end up going overboard.
- Cleansing juices: The latest diet and fitness fad includes a dose of juices churned from various kinds of fruit and vegetables. You can also try this cleansing juice menu every time you feel like reaching out for a drink. This will help you in keeping things in perspective and then drinking moderately, if and when the need arises.
- Set a drink deadline: If you want to cut back on your drinks significantly, then one of the best things to do is to set yourself a drink deadline. As per this deadline, you will set a number where you will stop. For instance, once you have reached 2 to 3 drinks, you will automatically stop so that you do not binge.
- Find a support group: It is best to find a support group of friends or even an alcoholic anonymous group so that you can share your experiences and find motivation at the same time. This is especially important for those going through withdrawal symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.