Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MandariYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctors, My son born on 10-APR-2016, now he is with 2 months 4 days with weight of around 4 kg 50 gms. My question here is that, he used cry lot in night even after feeding and also we used to follow the feeding as every 2 to 3 hrs gab even if he is sleeping then we used to make him get up and try to feed. Is that correct way or we need to wait his wake up by his own or based on crying? And please suggest the process of feeding throughout the day like need to continue like 2 to 3 hrs gap or not? And we used to feed him mostly with SIMILAC advance 1 formula milk since my wife is not having enough breast milk? Suggest this also.
My aunt is gifted with a newborn boy and my grandmother is so obsessive with collyrium. I js wanna noe if there are side effects of so called kaajal.
Hello sir/madam my baby is 3 years old he have some problem with his milk teeths upper front four teeth haven't grown properly. Tell me what sould I do?
Hello Doctor, My daughter is 2 years old. I have two questions. 1. We are struggling to feed her everyday. She don't like to eat any sort of food beyond 2 spoons. Even if we involve her in some play and feed, she will vomit in some time. Not sure of reason. Can someone please help. 2. We forgot to take her for 2 years vaccine. Is there any problem if we take her for 2 years vaccine even with one month delay.
When ever my husband squeeze my breast after some time. It leaks with some milk. Even though I stop feeding 1 year back. Is it any prob? Kindly suggest remedy.
My 3.3 Years Son remains constipated. He does not passes stool daily. Though we offer him dalia, papaya and fruits, less milk with high sugar. On daily basis but he resist to pass stool or even sit on his potty seat. He sits there plays and get down. Because of which he is low on appetite and remains full most of the time without eating. Please advise how to deal with this? We started giving him loose syrup also 5ml twice daily still it is difficult to make him sit and concentrate to discharge stool. Dnt want to put him on too much medicine for this. Can anyone help on this please or this is a normal stage for toddlers?
Q: Hi my question is about my lil cousin My lil cousin occasionally suffers from sever pain in stomach. She says its like her chest is full of pain. And this pain spreads towards her shoulder and arm. Shes only 14 yrs old. Right now shes suffering from the same ache. It was 8: 22pm yesterday when she suffered from the pain again. She has done ecg several times. Ecg reports show everything is fine. She also takes medicine at that time i. E. Omez. I would be grateful to you if you would get help me.
My son age is Two & half years. He is very active but bahut sararati hai kisi ki bhi baat nhi sunta or na hi abhi tak acchi tarah se bol pata hai. But hum sab uski sararton se preshan ho jate hai. Is there any solution to resolve that problem. Please help.
14 months baby have severe cough in chest. Cough is not getting loose. Baby is not even eating anything she is completely on breast feeding. Please help what to do.
??? ???? ????? ?? ??? ????? ?? ??? ???? ?? ?? ????? ?? ???? ?? ??? ??, ?? ??? ???? ????? ?? ??? ???? ?? ??? ???? ?? ?? ?? ????? ?? ???? ?? ??? ?? ?? ??? ??? ?? ??? ????? ?? ????? ??,
?? ????? ?? ?????? ???? ?? ???????? ?? ???? ???? ???? ???? ????? ?? ????? ???? ?????? ?? ??? ??? ?? ??? ?????? |
Hi My son is 6 years old and he will not eat properly. He is very thin and weak. I just need your suggestion. Can I give him ZINCOVIT syrup 200 ml which is a Nutritional Food Supplement Pls advice Thank you.
Hi. And he's 2 1/2 years old. He's studying PRE KG in there some school children health camp program should be conducted. In there one doctor said that he have a some problems in heart may be it will be a hole or some block" we are suffered. I will show some details of ECG report that they given HR: 102 bpm P Dur: 82 Ms. PR int: 110 Ms. QRS dur: 80 Ms. QT/QTC int: 300/392 Ms. P/QRS/T axis: 25/26/25 RV5/SV1 amp: 1.196/1.027 mV RV5+SV1 amp: 2.223 mV RV6/SV2 amp: 0.982/0.794 mV These r the details given by them. And they given a referral slip I Purpose of referral: CVS- Sgs murmur intricupid & RS- BAE + Pls anyone tell me clear solution we are afraid about this. Is there any risk? Or is there any serious problem? Can you tell anyone pls.
When the pulp of the tooth becomes inflamed, septic or lifeless, one needs to go through the root canal treatment.
I am 36 yr old female. I delivered a baby 15 days back through normal delivery. On my 10 th day visit my gynaec found slight inflammation in the stitches near the vagina and prescribed rutoheel tablet to be taken twice a day for 5 days. My question- is the tablet safe when I am breastfeeding my baby? please help.
My baby is 20 days old. Previously after birth Doctors advised for GB paint, a blue coloured medicine which was beneficial for emblical cord. Now a days Doctors adviced for Betadine lotion. My query is, after 20 days emblical cord of my baby has not cured with betadine lotion and pus is coming out. Please suggest me what to do?
In India 61 million people are victims of diabetes. Diabetes disease is related to metabolic, in which oxidation of carbohydrates and glucose is not fully detected. Diabetes mellitus is a chronic metabolic disorder in which the body fails to convert sugars, starches and other foods into energy. Many of the foods you eat are normally converted into a type of sugar called glucose during digestion. The bloodstream then carries glucose through the body. The hormone, insulin, then turns glucose into quick energy or is stored for futher use. In diabetic people, the body either does not make enough insulin or it cannot use the insulin correctly. This is why too much glucose builds up in the bloodstream.
The main reason is irregular meal, mental stress, lack of exercise. There are two major types of diabetes:
- This is popularly known as juvenile onset diabetes.
- Here, the body produces little or no insulin. It occurs most often in childhood or in the teens and could be inherited.
- People with this type of diabetes need daily injections of insulin. They must balance their daily intake of food and activities carefully with their insulin shots to stay alive.
- Also known as adult onset diabetes, this occurs around 35 to 40 years. The more common of the two types, it accounts for about 80 per cent of the diabetics.
- Here, though the pancreas produce adequate insulin, body cells show reduced sensitivity towards it.
- Type 2 diabetes is usually triggered by obesity. The best way to fight it is by weight loss, exercise and dietary control.
- Sometimes, oral medication or insulin injections are also needed.
Symptoms of diabetes
- Extreme thirst and hunger
- Frequent urination
- Sores or bruises that heal slowly
- Dry, itchy skin
- Unexplained weight loss
- Unusual tiredness or drowsiness
- Tingling or numbness in the hands or feetsymptoms of diabetes
The role of diet in diabetes
Meal of diabetic patient is depending on calories. Which decides on it s age, weight, gender, height, working etc. Depending on each person s different different dietary chart is created. We must take special care of time and amount of food in diabetes. Here we are giving diet chart for general diabetes patient.
Diabetes diet chart:
- Morning at 6: teaspoon fenugreek (methi) powder + water.
- Morning at 7: 1 cup sugar free tea + 1-2 mary biscuits.
- Morning at 8.30: 1 plate upma or oatmeal + half bowl sprouted grains + 100ml cream-free milk without sugar
- Morning at 10.30: 1 small fruit or 1 cup thin and sugar free buttermilk or lemon water
- Lunch at 1: 2 roti of mixed flour, 1 bowl rice, 1 bowl pulse, 1 bowl yogurt, half cup soybean or cheese vegetable, half bowl green vegetable, one plate salad
- 4 pm: 1 cup tea without sugar + 1-2 less sugar biscuits or toast
- 6 pm: 1 cup soup
- 8.30 pm: 2 roti of mixed flour, 1 bowl rice, 1 bowl pulse, half bowl green vegetable, one plate salad
- 10.30 pm: take 1 cup cream free milk without sugar.
When you feel hungry intake raw vegetables, salad, black tea, soups, thin buttermilk, lemon water. Avoid it: molasses, sugar, honey, sweets, dry fruits. Foods you must avoid!
- Salt: salt is the greatest culprit for diabetics. You get enough salt from vegetables in inorganic form, so reduce the intake of inorganic salt.
- Sugar: sucrose, a table sugar, provides nothing but calories and carbohydrates. Also, you need calcium to digest sucrose. Insufficient sucrose intake might lead to calcium being leached off the bones. Substitute sucrose with natural sugar, like honey, jaggery (gur), etc.
- Fat: excessive fat intake is definitely not a good habit. Try and exclude fried items from your diet totally. But, remember, you must have a small quantity of oil to absorb fat-soluble vitamins, especially vitamin E.
- For non-vegetarians: Try and stop the intake of red meat completely. Try to go in for a vegetarian diet. If you cannot, decrease the consumption of eggs and poultry. You can, however, eat lean fish two to three times a week.
- Whole milk and products: Try to switch to low fat milk and its products like yogurt (curd). Replace high fat cheese with low fat cottage cheese.
- Tea and coffee: Do not have than two cups of the conventional tea or decaffeinated coffee every day. Try to switch to herbal teas.
- White flour and its products: Replace these with whole grains, wholewheat or soya breads and unpolished rice.
- Foods with a high glycemic index: Avoid white rice, potatoes, carrots, breads and banana -- they increase the blood-sugar levels.
Advice for diabetes patient:
- 35-40 minute faster walk every day.
- Diabetic person should eat food between times intervals like take breakfast in morning, lunch, some snakes and dinner.
- Avoid oily food.
- Intake more fiber foods in meals. It increases glucose level gradually in blood and keeps control.
- Do not take fast and also don t go much party.
- Diabetic person should eat food slowly.
- An obese middle aged or elderly patient with mild diabetes 1000 -1600 kcal.
- An elderly diabetic but not over weight 1400 -1800 kcal.
- A young active diabetic 1800 -3000 kcal.
- Daily intake of carbohydrate: 1/10th of total calories approximately 180gm.
- Daily intake of protein: 60gm to 110gm.
- Daily intake of fat: 50gm to 150gm.