Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mandakini DalYour feedback matters!
My wife (30years old) is 2 month pregnant. Now she is suffering from constipation from last week. Please advice us so that help her immediate relief.
I am 30 years old I had a miscarriage in 2013 April till today I did not conceive I visit to a doctor in january 15 for cause she says that I have pcos and a surgery. please tell me can it become mother without surgery.
What kind of contraceptive you recommend and how (dosage and for how long) to take it? I have heard the side effects of contraceptive is more and it will lead to weight again and in future problem in conceiving is that true? This question is in continuation to your reply for my PCOS question.
How do you feel? Excited/overwhelmed/terrified?
Needn't worry, just relax.
At natal wise learn to relax and stretch with trimester appropriate exercises which will help you cope with ever-growing body with baby in your womb.
Pre-natal exercises are an important aspect of your months of pregnancy.
Pregnant and active! well why not?
=pre-natal stretching helps you ease your stiff joints and muscles (esp. Abdomninal muscles to accommodate to your growing baby) and also any aches and pains that are common on the joints and ligaments.
=exercises will strengthen your joints
=stretches with breathing techniques helps in increasing the oxygen level to the baby and also increases the blood circulation to all parts of the body.
=helps you sleep better
=regular 1 hour of exercises helps ward off gestational diabetes, high blood pressure and keeps all your stats in control.
= helps you re-gain your pre-pregnancy shape.
=makes you feel good and helps in keeping the skin glowing with blood circulation.
Imp: during pregnancy do not exercise on your own by watching dvds or you-tube, always exercise under a supervision of a certified child-birth educator who can guide you the right kind of exercise fort each individual specification.
I was having blisters on vagina now it spread to the cervix and lower abdomen with itching it happened when I did waxing. There are blisters on my underarms also none of the doctors here not getting the problem.
A #joint is where two or more bones come together, like the #knee, #hip, #elbow, or #shoulder. Joints can be damaged by many types of injuries or #diseases, including
1. #Arthritis - inflammation of a joint. It causes pain, stiffness, and swelling. Over time, the joint can become severely damaged.
2. #Bursitis - inflammation of a fluid-filled sac that cushions the joint.
3. #Dislocations - injuries that force the ends of the #bones out of position
Treatment of #JointProblems depends on the cause. If you have a #SportsInjury, treatment often begins with the RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation) method to relieve pain, reduce swelling, and speed healing. Other possible treatments include pain relievers, keeping the injured area from moving, rehabilitation, and sometimes surgery. For arthritis, injuries, or other diseases, you may need joint replacement surgery to remove the damaged joint and put in a new one.
My menstrual cycle was on Dec 5th but it came on Dec 13. So when the egg will be from the ovary and how should I know I'm ovulating.
Hy I'm 19 years old female. I had sex .but we didn't even intercourse . The pre-Cum has produced from my partner he just rubbed at surface area. After that I'm having stomach achemail head ache and disturbance in back. Will this lead to pregnancy. How can prevent this? Please help me out. I had sex before 2 days.
I am 30 years old, my question is during pregnancy can I sex with my partner or not, if yes how can & whose days or months please tell.
I am having stomach pain when my periods comes every month and also vomiting and lossmotion. Sometimes I feel so much tired without doing any work so please suggest me what should I do to get rid from these problems?
Female, 23 yrs, weight 35 kg, I am suffering from Pott Spine/ Bone TB and its treatment course duration is 1 year and 6 months and my course has completed 6 months but I want to have baby although my husband is against my decision as he says AT THIS TIME PRIORITY IS YOUR HEALTH AND WE'LL HAVE BABY LATER POST COMPLETION OF MY TB COURSE. Now here I want to ask what if in this situation if I conceive; shall go ahead against my husband decision or what should I do or should I follow my husband's instructions. Please educate in both manner in context of my and my husband's decision.
My gf had periods on 27/05/16 I had unprotected sex with her on 6/6/16. I had given her unwanted 72 on 7/6/16 after that we had sex but condom is damaged or broke my sperm gone inside her vagina on 12/6/16 then I had given her unwanted 72 within 48 hours after sex .her periods are not coming til today's date .Is she pregnant. Please tell me or suggest me fast.
I am 25 year old 65 kgs and unmarried and since 3-4 months my menses is occurring 4-5 days prior which is worrying me. Plzz advice what should I do?
I am 23 year old female. My periods are delayed by 18 days and I also have checked my pregnancy on preganews test device and results are that I am not pregnant. However I am sure that I am not pregnant but do not know the reason of delay in periods. Is it the sign of my pregnancy by any means or what should I do to continue my periods? (I am a feeding mother of 6 month old baby)
Hi doctor, I'm 23 years old and I used to face my periods every month very painfully. I will get stomach and back ache during 5 days. Is my over weight be a cause? Help me out with your suggestions so that I can come out of pain Thanks in advance.
Mera pregnancy ka 4 month ho raha hai aur suddenly mujhe light spotted period ho raha isse meri baby ko koi problem toh nahi hoga na please help me why it is happening help me out.
Miscarriage refers to a pregnancy that has ended prematurely, within 20 weeks. Research shows that around 10-25% of all clinically recognized pregnancies end in miscarriages. Chemical pregnancies cause 50-75% of all miscarriages. The condition happens when a pregnancy is lost not long after implantation, bringing about bleeding that happens around the time of her normal period. The woman may not understand that she has conceived when she encounters a chemical pregnancy.
The normal period where miscarriages are expected to occur is during the first 13 weeks of pregnancy. While pregnancy can be an overwhelming and exciting experience, it is beneficial that the woman keeps herself informed about the possibilities of miscarriages.
Some types of miscarriage are:
- Threatened Miscarriage
- Inevitable or Incomplete Miscarriage
- Complete Miscarriage
- Missed Miscarriage
- Recurrent Miscarriage
- Blighted Ovum
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Molar Pregnancy
In case of any of the following signs, the doctor should be consulted immediately,
- Mild to Severe Pain
- White-Pink Mucus
- Weight Loss
- True Contractions
- Sudden Decrease in Signs of pregnancy
- Tissue made of clot-like material passing from the vagina
- Bright red or Brown bleeding with or without cramps
- The majority of women will require a transvaginal ultrasound (TVS) and 98% of complete miscarriages can be diagnosed in this way.
- If a transvaginal ultrasound scan is unacceptable to the woman, then a transabdominal ultrasound scan should be offered and the woman should be made aware of the limitations of this method of scanning.
- If there is no visible heartbeat then a second scan should be performed. This is either done at a minimum of 7 or 14 days, depending up the measurements of the crown-rump length or the mean gestational sac.
- Be aware that a woman with a pregnancy of unknown location may have an ectopic pregnancy.
- Serum hCG
- Serum hCG tests can help to exclude an ectopic pregnancy in women with a complete miscarriage (or pregnancy of unknown location), determined by ultrasound.
- Serial tests are required but results should complement clinical assessment and not replace it. Two tests are taken as close as possible to 48 hours apart:
- >63% increase suggests ongoing pregnancy.
- >50% decrease suggests pregnancy is unlikely to continue.
- A woman with results between these parameters should be reviewed in the EPAU withing 24 hours.
- Slow doubling times are associated with miscarriage and declining values have high sensitivity of 93-97% in diagnosing a complete miscarriage.
- Rare causes of a raised hCG should also be borne in mind, including gestational trophoblastic disease or cranial germ cell tumour, which must be considered.
One meta-analysis has shown that a single low progesterone measurement for women in early pregnancy, presenting with bleeding or pain and inconclusive ultrasound assessments, can rule out a viable pregnancy. However, a very low serum progesterone can be seen in normal viable pregnancies, so progesterone should not be used as the definitive diagnostic test without other evidence.
- Admission to hospital can be avoided in 40% of women with threatened or actual early pregnancy loss.
- Following a miscarriage, all women should have access to support, follow-up and formal counselling when necessary.
- Anti-D rhesus prophylaxis (250 IU) should be offered to all rhesus-negative women who have a surgical procedure to manage a miscarriage.
- However, anti-D rhesus prophylaxis does not have to be given to those women who:
- Receive solely medical management for an ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage.
- Have a threatened miscarriage.
- Have a complete miscarriage.
- Have a pregnancy of unknown location.
- Women need evidence-based information to guide their decisions, as well as access to support and counselling; leaflets, web addresses and helpline numbers for support organisations should be offered to all women experiencing miscarriage.
- There is no evidence to support a couple delaying attempts to conceive following a miscarriage.
The main purpose of treatment is to prevent haemorrhage and infection. It is common that the body expels all the fetal fluid during the earlier stages of the pregnancy. In case it doesn t, a procedure known as D&C (Dilution & Curettage) is performed to remove the fluid and prevent infection.
Since most miscarriages occur due to chromosomal abnormalities, nothing significant can be done to prevent them.
Tips to be taken to ensure a healthy conception are:
- Regular Exercise
- Stress Management
- Daily consumption of folic acid
- Not smoking