Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mandakini Dal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mandakini DalYour feedback matters!
There are many reasons leading to infertility, but one of the main causes is the inability of the sperm to travel all the way up to the uterus to fertilize an egg. This is caused by defective sperms and could be due to poor sperm quality, poor motility, etc. There are multiple reasons for this, and even smoking, obesity, diabetes, hypertension, etc. could be reasons.
Many technical advancements in fertility treatments are being done, and they try to keep the natural process of fertilization intact, at the same time improving the chances of success. Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI, often used as a standalone term iksee) improves the rate of fertilization in that the sperm is directly injected into the egg. The environment of this artificial fertilization is completely controlled, and the fertilized egg is then placed into the womb for further growth. It is one of the recent methods of improving fertility, a part of ART (assisted reproductive technology).
- Poor sperm perms motility
- Semen where sperm concentration is low
- Male infertility with unidentifiable cause
- Poor sperm quality, with sluggish sperms
- Ejaculation issues, such as retrograde ejaculation (semen is ejected into the bladder)
- Useful in couples who have failed IVF.
What to expect?
The following outlines some of the steps for both male and female before and during the procedure.
Before the procedure - males:
- First step is the sperm collection; a screening is first done
- Sperms collection happens through either masturbation or directly from the testicles via a small incision
- Sperms could be collected fresh or collected and frozen for later use
Before the procedure – women:
- In the normal menstrual cycle, only a single egg is released. However, prior to ICSI, the woman is given ovulation drugs, which are high-dose hormone injections prior to ovulation. This ensures multiple eggs are released, which are then retrieved for fertilization in the external environment.
- Blood and urine are monitored regularly to identify the ovulation time, and eggs are collected within 24 to 36 hours of release
During the procedure - How ICSI happens:
- A healthy egg is chosen and placed in a glass tube, and a sperm is introduced to ensure fertilization
- This could be repeated in multiple tubes, and the most healthy one could be chosen to be implanted into the uterus
- Some of the fertilized ones could be frozen for later use, in case the implanted embryo fails to grow as expected
- The success rate for this procedure is quite high as the fertilization rate is almost 80 - 85 %.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
Me and my gf did make out on 13th sept 2017. I did not had intercourse. Bt I rubbed my penis on her vagina from out side. I did not even cum outside her vagina. Bt she missed her dat which was on 17th sept. And she is Virgin. She is having pmsing but did not bleed. Is there any chance for her to get pregnant?
After pregnancy is safe to take bestova 100 mg capsule, it has any side affect to baby growth or pregnancy.
Hello, If one had sex with her girlfriend after intercourse the girl is feeling like she is pregnant in that condition what to do? She didn't want to pregnant.
Deepavali, is a festival of lights that brings fun, joy and togetherness. Though diwali celebrations mean lots of fun and enjoyment, unfortunately, improper handling and playing with fireworks account for thousands of emergency room visits each year during the festival. Eyes are the second-most common affected area after the hands and fingers.
While enjoying the festival to its fullest, here are five simple safety tips for your eyes during diwali:
Maintain a safe distance: maintain a distance of an arm's length while lighting firecrackers, and at least five metres while watching
Use protective glasses
Wash your eyes: in the event of an eye injury, do not rub your eyes. If there are any particles inside your eyes, it will scratch your eyeballs and this will cause further damage. Instead, wash your eyes with clean water for about 10 minutes and after that visit an eye doctor at the earliest.
No contact lenses
Wash hands thoroughly
Remember prevention is better than cure.
Do not let children light crackers. If there are fireworks, there should always be adult supervision.
These precautions can go a long way to ensure a safe diwali for you, your family friends and your loved ones.
In case of an accident, contact emergency medical services immediately.