Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manasi Joshi
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Manasi JoshiYour feedback matters!
I have a stomach and back pain continuously from one week but only for 3 to 4 hours a day while sitting in my office. After eating something and also when I move from my office the pain will disappear automatically. Can you please suggest some remedies. Thank you.
I have pain in right middle finger since 2 years. But it comes once in a week for fifteen minits. Now I am facing overall body (bone) pain since 8months. I am 47years female.
I'm 25 year old male I use to workout regularly from last few months I didn't workout since that I didn't had any problem before two week. Now I've back pain please help to come over with this.
I am a 17 year old Male. I have recurring pain in my neck and middle and Lower back. I have tried changing pillows, yet have to be using a volini spray or Icchthammol glycerin for relief on a daily basis. Whats the problem? How do I get back to normal?
I am 25 years old male and have backache for last two months. What should I do to cure my disease? Please reply as fast as possible to me. I will be waiting for your reply.
I am resting now after acetabulum surgery. I can not move my leg to all positions. I feel like it's stuck. What can I do? Will it become normal?
I have pain on my left wrist joint, I used to do push ups earlier but now I stopped after that it started paining on dorsal part of wrist joint. Now, I am unable to push anything or give pressure with my left hand. Please tell me what should I do?
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
I am getting pain below spinal cord and spinal cord while I sit or stand. The pain is like pinching back with a sharp objects.
Hello sir, I am 37 years old person. I m facing knee problems what is the best method for pain gone.
Hi, My age is 21 year old. I'm a volleyball player. 2 months back I got hit in my knee when i'm defending my opponent. Very next moment I felt intense pain I can't even stretch and fold my leg. I haven't played past 2 months now I can walk normally, but when I jump and allow some twist & rotating motion to my knee it pains severe. What should I do? please help me.
My mother 82 years, has been diagnosed with Parkinsynosis after trial and error from several physicians and surgeons who first treated her for NPH for around 3 years, and also for bi-polar disease for about a decade. She seems to be on the path of recovery as far as the Parkinson's disease is concerned. But she has movement problems is not able to stand on her feet/legs and needs to be lifted. She also has problems with her back. We have been advised to give her Neuro-physiotherapist support. Kindly advise.
Hello Sir/ Madam. My wife, age 23 years is suffering from lower back pain for a last few days. She feels much when she bends or in sitting position. When she gets up from the bed at any time, pain has always been observed on her face. Kindly help.
Sports injuries can occur in children if proper precautions are not taken. A proper warm up before exercise followed by stretching helps in easing muscular stress and thus preventing injuries. It is important to supervise children when they are engaging in physical exercise or sports.
The tips to prevent sports injuries in children are:
- Talk to them: A child may experience pain but may not show it, so it is important to encourage them to speak up when they experience pain. Most sports-related injuries in kids can be prevented by early intervention.
- Preseason physical: It is important to get a preseason physical to determine your child's fitness. This can help determine if the child is fit to play and thus consequently, minimizing the risk of injuries.
- A proper warm-up: You should emphasize on the importance of a proper warm-up to your child. Make sure your child performs a mix of dynamic and static stretches to warm up before playing. It will raise the heart rate and increase blood flow thus making him ready to play.
- Cross training: Children should cross train with multiple sports, as playing one sport for a long time may stress the joints. This is done to prevent overuse of muscles and prevent boredom.
- Well hydrated: Make sure your child is well hydrated as an excessive fluid loss may result in fatigue and vomiting. Playing sports in summer can result in fluid loss through sweating and therefore needs to be replenished in order to prevent further complications.
- Follow proper techniques: It is important to observe that your child is following proper techniques while playing a sport. Disregarding the guidelines can result in injury.
- Proper diet: A proper nutritious diet is recommended to make sure that your child is getting all his necessary minerals and vitamins. It allows the child to become fitter and less prone to injuries. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
I am suffering from dysmenorrhea. Every month on d very first day of its start I feel severe cramps and backache. It is almost impossible to move from bed. Ive been taking some treatments and even tried my hand on homeopathy but nothing seemed to work. I have to opt for painkiller. Please help me with this.
I am having a severe back pain from past few days. And a headache also. Feeling weak to work. And low concentration on work.
I am 24 year old from Bhopal and I am a professional footballer. Couple of months ago when I am playing volleyball my left ankle got twisted and got swollen after that I took tablets got little bit free from the pain but a day before yesterday again got twisted while playing football. Please suggest me tablets and exercises.
Metabolic Bone Disease is a term used for various conditions of the bones that can be caused by a number of different disorders. Most of these disorders are developed due to nutritional deficiencies, defects in the bone metabolism procedure or due to hereditary defects in the skeletal structure. Conditions that fall under the category are osteoporosis, osteomalacia, rickets, Paget's disease, parathyroid conditions, chemotherapy induced bone loss and menopause induced bone loss.
Causes of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
- Imbalance in the level of calcium : Too much calcium or too little calcium can cause bone diseases. While the overabundance of calcium (hypercalcemia) in the body will lead to calculi formation, which can be harmful for the body, the lack of calcium (hypocalcemia) causes weakness, bone pain and restricted growth.
- Deficiency of phosphorus: Low phosphorus in blood (hypophosphatemia) leads to softening of the bone tissue and bone loss. Osteomalacia is commonly caused by phosphorus deficiencies.
- Deficiency of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is essential for the body to absorb calcium. Cells called osteoblasts need vitamin D in order to absorb calcium and secrete the bone tissue proteins. A deficiency of vitamin D can lead to a number of metabolic bone diseases like rickets and osteoporosis.
- Over or under secretion of the parathyroid hormone: The parathyroid hormone (PTH) stimulates the secretion of an enzyme, which converts the inactive circulatory form of vitamin D into its active usable form. The hormone can also increase the circulation of free or ionized calcium (Ca2+), which is not attached to proteins. Both underproduction and overproduction of the hormone causes skeletal problems.
Symptoms of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
The symptoms of most of the Metabolic Bone Diseases are similar, such as
- A dull, throbbing pain in the bones is the most common symptom. The pain is frequent and lasts for a long amount of time, but unlike muscular pain, the exact region of bone pain cannot be specified.
- Severe joint pains accompanied by stiffness and swelling of the joints. The patient experience pain during regular physical activities, especially during cold weather conditions.
- Frequent fractures are caused by most bone diseases because the bone mineral density decreases drastically. Severe bone injury may be caused by mild trauma.
- Defects in the bones can cause bowed out legs and a bent backbone.
- A general feeling of exhaustion is often caused by bone diseases.
- Kidney stones are an associated complication of metabolic bone diseases. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.