Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mamtha Pradeep ShriyanYour feedback matters!
I am having light white color, jelly type discharge from 7 days but not getting periods my last period was on 22-11-2016? What may be the reason?
I am 32 years old. I try my best to eat less of food but I m not able to reduce my weight. I have a bloated stomach. Sometimes I get irregular periods. My waist is 38.
I had sex with my girlfriend 10 may used emergency pill. She got period 24 may. Then 10 June she started bleeding for 3 days. Why she bleed? Then we sex two times with protection. Now her period is off. She took pregnancy test 10 July and it was negative. Is she pregnant? What to do now?
I am 23years old female. Generally I face a menstrual problem due to PCOS and it delays till 3 months or so. Sometimes I feel a slight pain in my chest. Does these two problems correlated? What should I suppose to do now?
My wife is 5 weeks pregnant and just found out he has thyroid levels more than 100 TSH. She took her first 100 mg Thyronorm medication starting today with empty stomach. Will there be a problem for the baby. We took an appointment. She took her first 100 mg Thyronorm medication starting today with empty stomach. Will there be a problem for the baby. We took an apppointment with Endocrinologist today evening. Will there be any complications with baby's physical or mental growth. Can thyroid values be sustained to normal by regular medication and can we expect a healthy baby? Please guide us. Regards.
Feeling a lump on your breasts can be a terrifying moment. 'Cancer' is the first thing that comes to mind but in reality, most lumps in the breast are not caused by cancer. Apart from cancer, breast lumps can be caused by non-cancerous growths, injuries and infections. The only way to correctly diagnose the cause of a lump in the beasts is through a biopsy. Hence, this is the first step towards treating a breast lump. From here on, treatment will depend on the cause identified.
Mastitis or Breast Infection
Mastitis is a painful infection of the breast tissue often faced by women who are breastfeeding. It can be treated with heat treatment and antibiotics. Massaging the breast while taking a warm shower or applying a warm compress. This will open up the milk ducts and should be followed by nursing the baby or using a breast pump to relieve the swelling and pain.
Antibiotics are the first line of treatment against an abscess but this is effective only if given in the initial stage of the infection. In later stages, an abscess will need to be surgically drained.
This is a non-cancerous tumour often found in young women. It is often difficult to distinguish between a Fibroadenoma and a cancerous tumour and hence these are usually surgically removed.
In some cases, the breast itself is composed of knotted, rope like tissue. This is known as having fibrocystic breasts. If a new lump presents itself on fibrocystic breasts, a mammogram and an ultrasound are performed to evaluate the lump. In most cases fibrocystic changes do not require any medication or surgery.
Cysts can be defined as fluid filled lumps. In some cases, these cysts become apparent at the time of ovulation and disappear after the period. In other cases, it may need to be drained with a thin needle. Cysts often recur and need to be re-drained.
Fat Necrosis and Lipoma
Fat necrosis is a lump caused by an injury to the fatty tissue in the breast. Lipoma is a fatty growth within the fatty tissue. In both these cases, no treatment is required but if it causes any problems, it can be removed.
If the biopsy reveals the presence of a cancerous tumour, you must immediately consult an oncologist. Treatment options for breast cancer include chemotherapy, radiation, surgery and hormone treatment.
I had sex with my to be husband. I took ipill and then after 1 week I got 1 day bleeding. My periods date was 24th jan and still I dint get my period and I checked for pregnancy test with preganews and got negative result. Is there any problem why I didn't get period still. Are there any issues?
On August 2nd I had unprotected sex which involved very little penetration, and again on Aug 5th, I have pcos due to which I hadn't got my period for 4 months, I took an i-pill on August 6th, and had a withdrawal bleeding on August 14th, heavy flow. I took pregnancy tests on the 17th and 21st both came out negative. I was still not convinced hence I took a blood test on 23rd August I had 0.5 miul hcg. I'm having white stringy vaginal discharge, is there anyway I can have any type of pregnancy? I'm very very worried so please help I cannot determine by period because of pcos hence I am very worried.
Vaginitis also known as vaginal infection or vulvovaginitis, it is a situation in which the vagina gets sore and irritated. It is a common occurrence in females. Though it is not a very serious disorder yet it can be a cause of severe discomfort and irritation. Common side effects that are prevalent in the case of vaginitis include either abnormal discharge or vulvovaginal irritation or both. The discharge may also tend to have an unpleasant odor. In ayurveda, vaginitis is often seen as an amalgamation of yoni dahan and yoni kandu, the two different disorders that affects vagina.
The most common causes of vaginitis include:
- Deficiency of estrogen
- Skin irritants like perfumed soaps and vaginal sprays
- Sexual activity, etc.
Diabetes, usage of steroids or tight clothing is also among some of the causes of vaginitis. Ayurveda aims to treat vaginitis naturally, by using precise combinations of certain herbs in addition to a paste for local application.
The following are some ayurvedic home remedies that can be used to treat vaginitis:
- To relieve the burning sensation: Add water to triphala herb powder; mix the ingredients. Wash your vagina with this solution to lessen the burning sensation.
- To eliminate toxins from the body: Make a beverage of dried cartilaginous tube herb in boiling water and consume it. The herb is known to aid the body in eliminating harmful toxins.
- To cure inflammation: Garlic and turmeric are known to cure inflammation. You can use this treatment to cure infection. Turmeric can also be consumed to fight away internal infections.
- To cure infection: Margosa also known as neem is an effective natural remedy for curing inflammation. It destroys microorganisms effectively. You can use neem powder to cure the infected area.
- To combat the growth of harmful bacterium: Citrus juices are known to aid the canal to regain its acidity and prevent the multiplication of unhealthy bacteria
- To avoid infection: Yogurt is one amongst the foremost common home remedies for duct infection. If you apply yogurt on the inflamed areas and additionally eat a bowl of yoghurt on a regular basis your infections will disappear.
- To reduce swelling and redness: Soak a clean cloth in cool water and place it on the inflamed space. The cool sensation will compress the blood vessels and reduce the burning sensation, redness, swelling and irritation.
I am priya 29 years old, I am suffering from heat boils on my vagina and its hurting from 1 week. Kindly help me.
Genophobia or coitophobia is the irrational psychological fear of intercourse. It is a type of a phobia and people suffering from it fill all or most of the criteria of specific phobia according to the ICD (The International Statistical Classification of Diseases). Genophobic people may be terrified of sexual intercourse or all acts involving sex. It is different from erotophobia in the sense erotophobia is the irrational fear of sexuality and not the act in itself.
- The causes of genophobia may be attributed to different experiences and origins according to different psychological perspectives. According to the psychoanalytic perspective, genophobia may be caused by the rigid or extremely religious upbringing, which affected the development of ego, making the individual fear all acts that are sexual because it causes moral anxiety and a severe clash of the superego (ethical portion of one's personality)and i'd (primitive component of one's personality).
- According to the learning perspective, genophobia may develop due to an unpleasant sexual experience such as rape or molestation. Rape Trauma Syndrome leads the survivor to relive the trauma several times and develop apprehension. They may begin to fear sex eventually by relating it to the unpleasant experience, eventually leading to genophobia. It may also be caused if the individual observes sexual acts that are traumatizing in nature, in media or otherwise.
- It may also result from severe performance anxiety, especially for those who lack sexual experience and have abstained from sex for a prolonged period of time. There is also a chance that other phobias, such as the fear of diseases, especially STDs, may lead to a fear of sexual acts. Some people might relate sexual intercourse with acquiring diseases, thus leading to the development of genophobia.
Symptoms: Symptoms of genophobia include the fear of sexual intercourse and all acts within, breathlessness, nausea, dizziness, feeling sick and fear of losing control. All these symptoms take place in the context of sexual acts.
Treatment: Genophobia is treated like all other phobias. Therapeutic technique such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (a conversation centric therapy that focuses on how thoughts and beliefs can affect one's actions) is widely used in the treatment of genophobia along with medications. The therapeutic technique varies from patient to patient. For instance, the therapeutic technique used for a rape survivor would be completely different from that which is used for an individual with a fear of STDs. With proper treatment, genophobia is curable, eventually allowing the individual to have a particularly healthy sex life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Last year she got delivery of baby girl in month of August, but she do not get monthly period not yet what must do by her. Please tell me.
I had suffered from anul fissure in the month of December. But I got it treated. Now today I again got that same pain. And breastfeeding my 4 month old. What medication should I take. Which will not affect my breastfeeding and my baby.
What is post pregnancy sex and how to maintain the diet when pregnancy and what are the best recommended foods in pregnancy?
Did you know that metabolism functions within a scope that goes beyond just maintaining your body weight? This chemical process is also subject to a number of complications and disorders, and can wreck your system without your knowledge. Mineral Metabolic Disorder is one such impediment that can easily corrupt your body and is characterized by an abnormal and unprecedented rise or fall of the level of minerals in the blood. This may result in a number of cardiovascular and bone diseases.
Minerals undoubtedly play an extremely vital role in the proper regulation of the body conditions and aid and abet growth and development. However, under certain (and mostly unforeseen) circumstances, the mineral levels have a propensity to differ substantially from the normal rates and may lead to several disorders.
- Mineral metabolic disorders may be genetic in certain cases, being transferred from the parent to the child via genes.
- However, most mineral metabolic disorders are likely to arise as a result of certain clinical conditions pertaining to starvation, excess alcohol consumption,diarrhea and diet disorders.
The most commonly observed and medically documented complications affecting metabolism as a result of sudden augment or fall in the following minerals are:
- Magnesium: hypomagnesaemia and hypomagnesaemia
- Calcium: nephrocalcinosis, hypercalcemia, osteoporosis, kidney stones, Paget's disease, osteomalacia, pseudohypoparathyroidism, rickets and hyperparathyroidism
- Iron: hemochromatosis and cirrhosis
- Phosphorus: hypophosphatemia, osteomalacia, hyperparathyroidism, hypoparathyroidism and rickets.
- Sodium: hypernatremia and dilutional hyponatremia
- Zinc: nausea, skin rash, diarrhea, and difficulty in wound healing
- Copper: Menkes syndrome and Wilson's disease
- Potassium: Cushing's syndrome(from exposure to high levels of cortisol), Fanconi's syndrome, Bartter syndrome, Addison's disease and kidney disease.
The ideal remedy to battle the majority of mineral metabolism disorders is to maintain a healthy lifestyle and follow a proper, filling, and balanced diet. In case the diseases crop as a result of genetic factors, consult your doctor immediately. However, in most cases, proper medication and a wholesome and nourishing food intake is recommended to fight most mineral metabolic diseases.