Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mamatha SriYour feedback matters!
People who regularly work out can go on about its benefits and also show off a toned physique. However, a bad or improper movement can be more harmful than no exercise at all. Read on to know some common exercise moves that are best avoided for their potential harmful effects.
- Dumbbell punches: By holding dumbbells and punching them forward into the air, you are just spending your energy with absolutely no return from it. It is good as a conditioning one if done for a long time, but does not help the shoulders or the arms. Bicep curls and triceps extensions yield much better results than these punches.
- Shoulder Shrugs: The only muscle that gets worked here is the trapezius, which is at the top of the shoulders and the neck. The arms and the back do not get any benefit and shoulder shrugs can actually cause postural problems and increase shoulder tension. Best avoided if you are not a professional bodybuilder.
- Thigh machines: One of the most ineffective machines in the gym, the poor posture and no workout for the abs is one of the reasons the outer and inner thigh workouts should be avoided. Better results can be achieved with squats and lunges, which also help more muscles and help in losing weight.
- Plank rows: While plank rows or board lines work very well for core strengthening, it is not as effective for back and arm strengthening. Better results are achieved with the usual lines for these areas.
- Lat pull-downs behind the neck: This can be very harmful for people who have even minor shoulder joint problems. The idea is to build arm, torso, and back muscles by pulling a weighted bar down the front and back of the chest area. This can cause misalignment, shoulder impingement, or a tear in the rotator cuff, and in severe cases, even cervical vertebral fracture.
- Military Presses Behind the Head: Similar to a lat pull-down, here also, a barbell is lifted up and down behind the head and can cause the same problems as the earlier one, including fracture of the cervical spine.
- Squatting on a bosu ball: These colorful equipment are very alluring but can be really dangerous and can cause ankles and knees to be injured, causing meniscal tears or disruptions.
- Crunches: When improperly done, crunches produce the same position as one achieves while working on the computer - head forward and rounded shoulder. Crunches are meant to be done by pulling up on the head and not using the abs, as most people incorrectly do.
Make sure you get a trainer's advice on the right ways to work out so as to get the maximum benefits and avoid injuries.
The first fruit that comes to mind when you want to indulge in during summer would be watermelon. While it is refreshing and hydrating, there are also other benefits that it has.
Listed below are 8 reasons that you should have a watermelon:
- Body Hydration: The most important benefit of this red, juicy fruit is water, which is as high as 92%. It is no surprise that you feel hydrated as soon as you start biting into a slice of watermelon. In patients who need to be hydrated, this could work wonders.
- Reduces body fat: Watermelons contain an amino acid called Citrulline which converts to arginine. This conversion blocks the creation of fat from fat cells, thereby reducing fat accumulation in the body.
- Digestion: The high fiber content in watermelon, supplemented by the high water content, aids in smooth digestion and clears constipation.
- Healthy Heart: Watermelon contains lycopene, which dilates the blood vessels and allows for smoother flow of blood. The lycopene is proven to protect against various heart ailments. Tests done to check blood pressure at various spots including ankle and carotid regions showed significant decline in blood pressure. These also improve blood flow in the arteries.
- Musculoskeletal benefits: The benefits to the bones and muscles are multifold. After a workout session, athletes recover faster by eating watermelon. The are many reasons for this: The potassium-rich watermelon helps muscles function better, The amino acid Citrulline is believed to reduce muscle soreness and inflammation, Choline in the watermelon helps in better muscular movement and reduce inflammation
- Skin: The Vitamin A in watermelon aids in generation of hair and skin follicles, production of sebum, and moisturizing the hair follicles. This also promotes better condition of supporting tissues like hair, teeth, soft tissues and mucous membranes. Watermelon also contains Vitamin C, very essential for building and maintaining collagen. Collagen is what provides structure to the hair and skin. Add some watermelon if you have wounds, and see how wound healing is improved with better collagen formation. Needless to say, the high moisture content also adds to improved look of hair and skin.
- Cancer Prevention: Watermelon, especially a nicely ripened fruit, contains a lot of carotenoids, flavonoids, and triterpenoids. These are proven anti-cancer chemicals and reduce the formation of free radicals in the body which are responsible for cancer.
- Vision: The bright red colour of watermelon is from beta carotene and watermelon is also a rich source of it. Beta-carotene helps in the production of pigments in the eye. It can also prevent macular degeneration and night blindness.
So, the next time you bite into a watermelon, think about all the good things you are treating your body with.
A collection of symptoms typically occurring between ovulation and menses (discharge of blood and from the uterus) is defined as premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Premenstrual syndrome symptoms can either be physical or emotional.
Physical symptoms and signs include:
- Muscle or joint pain
- Weight gain due to fluid retention
- Bloated abdomen
- Breast tenderness
- Acne breakouts
- Diarrhoea or constipation
While other behavioural and emotional symptoms include:
- Anxiety or tension
- Depressed mood
- Crying spells
- Anger or irritability and mood swings
- Food cravings and appetite changes
- Social withdrawal
- Poor concentration
Causes: The exact cause of PMS is unknown. But there are several contributing factors, such as:
- Cyclic hormonal changes: The hormones oestrogen and progesterone fluctuate a lot while preparing for a normal menstrual cycle. This fluctuation causes some of the symptoms of PMS.
- Chemical changes: The fluctuation of serotonin, a kind of neurotransmitter (brain chemical), affects the mood, which causes some of the emotional symptoms of PMS. For instance, insufficient serotonin triggers premenstrual depression, insomnia, food cravings and fatigue.
- Depression: If the PMS symptoms are severe, depression could be the underlying cause, though it doesn't usually trigger all of the symptoms.
Treatment: There is no permanent cure for PMS, but a few lifestyle changes and home remedies can work very well for you. Some treatment options include:
- To ease abdominal bloating, drink lots of fluids
- Eat a balanced diet comprised of plenty of vegetables and fruits. Reduce your alcohol, caffeine, salt and sugar intake.
- You can take supplements such as magnesium, calcium, vitamin B-6 and folic acid to reduce mood swings and cramps.
- Take vitamin D supplements to relieve symptoms
- Sleep for at least eight hours in the night to counter fatigue
- Exercise to improve your emotional health and reduce bloating
- Try to reduce your stress as much as you can; read a book or walk to relieve some stress.
Besides, these lifestyle changes, you can take over-the-counter medications such as aspirin and ibuprofen to reduce stomach cramps, muscles aches and headaches. Diuretics (drugs that increase urination) are excellent treatments for bloating and fluid retention. However, consult your doctor before consuming any medication or supplement.
Hi, my wife have missed her period which was supposed to be 3rd feb. White discharge, lower abdomen pain is it signs of pregnancy? If it is yes I just want to say you that at present we are not thinking about any child because already we have 1.5 years old baby. Can she use mifty kit (unwanted pregnancy kit)? Sir please help us.
Madam, I am 28 years mother of 2 kids. My 2nd child is now 1.5 yrs. Before he born I had a problem. And its still there. Whenever I do intercourse I feel some burning sensation in my vagina. Even I could not touch there. Some times its getting worse. Thats why may be my sexual feelings getting low. I tried allopathy but its not helping. Need some suggestion please.
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a medical procedure that side-steps the sexual act of conceiving and helps infertile couples, conceive a biological child. It involves the manual process of fertilization by combining an egg and sperm in the laboratory and then implanting the embryo into the female to impregnate her.
The inability to give birth through the natural way is caused due to complications like: blocked fallopian tubes, unexplained infertility, polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS, endometriosis: where parts of the womb lining grow out of the womb, premature ovarian failure and so on.
If you or your partner is having trouble conceiving, you should opt for in vitro fertilization. It holds benefits like-
1. High success rates: Women who underwent in vitro fertilisation using fresh embryos of their own fresh eggs, the projected live birth percentage was 32.2% for those under 35 years, 27.7% for women aged between 35 and 37 years, lowering to 5.0% in 43 to 44 year olds and 1.9% for ages above 45. It has been proved that a female’s ability to conceive decreases with age. If infertility is detected at a younger age, the process of IVF is highly advantageous and successfully results in childbirth.
2. Proven track record: Technology has come a long way since the first baby via IVF Louise Brown was born in 1978 using a natural IVF. Medical techniques have advanced to create safer and successful treatment. The usage of the safest forms of IVF with low drug regimens today, have prevented side effects such as ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS).
3. Harvests multiple eggs: If you are planning to have more than one child, via IVF you can freeze multiple eggs for future use. Unused or spare embryos can be donated to medical organisations for research purposes or to another couple willing to have a child.
IVF has proven successful in giving couples a wholesome and happy life.
I am 5 month pregnant & Dr. gave me protein powder I do not like to have it. Should I discoutine it .will it harm by baby. Please help me.
She have feel much pain in first day of her menstrual cycle give him some suggestions to avoid pain.
My father is suffering from herpes since 20 days and now the blisters are almost gone but the scars is present and he is feeling pain and itching to that area. Shall I give heavy antibiotic to him so that the heeling process triggers it's mechanisms? Or what should I do kindly help me out?
My daughter age 11 years attained puberty so what type of fruits/liquid/food would you recommend for her to take in order to avoid getting anemic during her menses.
Hi My periods occurred on 17th Feb. After I started taking Crisanta from 18th Feb as prescribed by my gynaecologist. I took the first pack for 21 days regularly at the same time without taking any break. Then I was suppose to take a 7 day pill free break. But I continued with a new pack for 21 days without taking any break. While I was on second pack once I had unwanted 72 and two times condom with regular pill. So I always used double protection. I am now on pill free break and on 4th day. Still no period has arrived. On 23Rd March I took urine and blood pregnancy test which both came out to be negative. Is there a chance of pregnancy?
I had an unprotected sex since 15 days. I have missed my periods 5 days ago. What pills I had to taken to stop pregnancy. Answer me plzz?
My wife had help syndrome in first pregnancy that is jaundice and bleeding problem how much is the chance for her getting it in 2 pregnancy?
Magnificence frequently is a tedious procedure; to be exact, it requires the steady and legitimate care, normal visits to the beautician, nourishment, wellness and expert salon treatment.
We as a whole realize that our hair needs supporting.
Yet, few of us realize that notwithstanding supporting, hair likewise needs purging.
We clean the face and body, disregarding the scalp, in spite of the fact that this system is extremely valuable to our hair.
On the off chance that we need to inspire everybody with our rich hair, we require always take think about our scalp. In all actuality, we can just influence our hair through hair globules, since they are the main piece of the hair that is "alive", while the unmistakable piece of the hair shaft is viewed as "dead".
Change the nature of the developed hair is considerably harder than to fortify the hair follicles.
How frequently we overlook that the quality or delicacy of the hair relies on upon the condition and soundness of the scalp. Wonderful, solid and sound hair is dependably the aftereffect of an adjusted and solid hair skin.
Welcome to the world of – SCALP PEEL (Scalp exfoliation!)
The method is the evacuation of dead skin cells, the decimation of unsaturated fats that collect on the surface of the scalp.
Scalp peel is an uncommon salon treatment; it enables you to dispose of dead skin particles and remainders of skin/hair beauty care products for example, colors, gels, and in result, you get more dynamic and voluminous hair. Skin exfoliation is important to reestablish the supply of oxygen to the skin, to build procedure of recovery, to dispense with abundance sebum, to enact blood dissemination, evacuate dandruff, and soothe scalp tingling.
Scalp Peel is appropriate for all skin sorts, however your skin ought to be free of harm, splits and wounds, it is better not to peel promptly after hair shading – it accelerates the blurring of hair shading.
What are the advantages of the scalp peel?
It conflicts with dandruff! To be sure, the essential driver of dandruff is a brokenness of the sebaceous organs.
Scalp peel – a standout amongst the best techniques to battle male pattern baldness/hair loss.
Exfoliation enhances sustenance of hair roots.
It animates hair development.
It enhances scalp tone, filling it with oxygen.
After the peeling, hair better retains supplements.
Prevents the improvement of dermatitis on the skin
There are two sorts of peeling – Mechanical and Chemical.
Mechanical Peel is a scrub, which evacuates dead skin cells.
Chemical Peel contains different acids, dynamic and comparative segments. An expert beautician can get the elements for a substance peel in light of client`s skin sort and condition.
How regularly would it be advisable for you to do it?
Try not to surpass once in 1-2 weeks, in light of the fact that the treatment is extremely concentrated, its impact will keep going for quite a while.
How it functions?
Amid the technique, the scalp is cleaned with the purging arrangement taken after by a ten-minute back rub. Keratinized particles of epidermis are evacuated, alongside the color deposits, hair mind and styling items, skin begins to "relax." It cleans the pores, expels poisons, enabling new hair to get substantially less demanding through to the surface.
Blood stream enacts the hair globules, upgrading the development of new hair and fortifying existing ones.
The ideal recurrence of the methodology is once in a month. With consistent shedding, you can overlook numerous issues related with the scalp and, in addition to other things, increment the thickness of hair (despite the fact that this will be a long procedure).
Is any hydroquinone cream damaged egg. Or using of hydroquinone cream damaged egg and low chances of pregnancy. Is dat true. Could use hydroquinone cream on belly to get spotless skin.
Hi doctor I am pregnant now its 8 month I was having issues with mi period Now mi baby growth is slow I have done Doppler scan and reported says umbilical artery and MCA reveal normal.
How often should thyroid be get checked? My age is 27 years and trying to conceive. Which food to eat or not to eat? Is there any natural way to cure thyroid means exercises or something?
She having 23 years old, 5 feet 3 inches, weight 60 and menstruation not in correct time. Last period in September 19. She doesn't period yet. What to do?
Loss of sexual desire is more common in women than in men. As many as 3 in 10 women have reduced or limited sexual interest in any kind of sexual activity. While the medical term for this problem is Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD), it is generally understood as a loss of libido.
Following are the causes of less libido in females:
1. Hormonal Disorders:
- Dryness of the vagina and pain during sexual intercourse may affect sexual drive both mentally and physically.
- After menopause, drop in the count of testosterone hormone also affects sexual drive which can result in loss of libido.
- With advancing age, the level of androgens decrease, and hence results in a lack of sexual desire.
2. Lifestyle Disorders:
- In some of the cases, lack of emotional support in a relationship plays a significant role in the loss of libido. Post baby 'coolness' may also act as a driving force for loss in libido.
- In today's era, changing lifestyle is drastically affecting our lives. Following an unhealthy lifestyle may result in increased weight that may affect self-image, and indirectly may also affect the sexual desire.
- Stress and job, family pressure and exhaustion may also influence sexual desire of a woman.
3. Medical Disorders:
- There are conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders that may have a negative impact on the sexual drive of a woman.
- Certain medicines such as antidepressants, oral contraceptives, and medicines that lower blood pressure may also negatively impact the sexual drive in women.
4. Psychological factors:
- Increasing cases of depression, anxiety, frustration, stress is also an important cause of loss of libido in the contemporary society.
- After childbirth, new moms tend to suffer from lack of sleep, insufficient lubrication of the vagina and exhaustion, which may affect her sexual desire. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.