Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. MamataYour feedback matters!
After multiple patients have asked us about the authenticity of oil pulling as a technique, here's what we have to say:
There is no denying all of us wait for a miracle cure to that terrible disease called dental decay. Much of a dentists or a dental hygienists time goes into answering the question,
why do cavities happen? or how do I prevent cavities?
While people usually assume the answer is brushing and flossing there are some lesser known ancient techniques and some ultramodern gadgets that have contributed to our arsenal of options to keep your mouth healthy.
Oil pulling being one of them has been in the limelight of late.
What is oil pulling?
This oral therapy is a type of ayurvedic medicine that dates back 3, 000 years. It involves swishing approximately 1 tablespoon of oil typically coconut, sesame, or sunflower oil in semisolid form (as shown in the pic) in your mouth for about 20 minutes and then spitting it out.
Start with just 5 minutes a day. Twenty minutes of swishing is a long time, and while the longer you pull, the more bacteria you'll remove, 5 or 10 minutes will still offer some benefit.
A gentle swishing, pushing, and sucking the oil through the teeth is all that's required
Don't swallow. if you find it hard not to, you likely have too much oil in your mouth, spit it out and try again with a smaller amount. just discard the used oil into the nearest cup or trash can.
Why oil pulling? how does it work?
Recent studies show that oil pulling helps against gingivitis, plaque, and microorganisms that cause bad breath.
How? most microorganisms inhabiting the mouth consist of a single cell, cells are covered with a lipid, or fatty, membrane, which is the cell's skin. When these cells come into contact with oil, a fat, they naturally adhere to each other.
Use coconut oil. While you can get the same bacteria-fighting benefits with sesame or sunflower oil, coconut oil has the added benefit of lauric acid, which is well-known for its anti-microbial agents. Also, a recent study found that coconut oil may help prevent tooth decay.
coconut and sunflower oil aren't the only oils with dental health benefits. For irritated, inflamed gums, rub a little vitamin e oil directly on the surface. It's rich in antioxidants, easily absorbed, and helps regenerate healthy gum tissue.
Whitening teeth by keeping clean and smooth surfaces that do not lodge food.
Eliminates bad breath
Preventing gum infections caused by harmful bacteria in the mouth
It doesn't reverse the effects of tooth decay, but it's a great supplemental therapy to reduce the bacterial count in the mouth thereby decreasing the likelihood of decay and other dental and systemic diseases.
The only disclaimer we would want to put in is
Do not ingest or swallow the oil in all your enthusiasm and,
Don't skip brushing and flossing. Oil pulling should never replace routine dental visits and traditional home oral care.
While oil pulling can't change your life or make you never need to go to a dentist again -try it for yourself, if it reduces your chances of decay and maybe even helps you ace your next dental visit with no new cavities.
We say thumbs up! pull away!
Please try this safe and natural practice and let us know how you find it in the comments section.
My baby age s 15 weeks. How to increase breast milk pls tel me. Which month I vl start food for my baby. And which food I vl give to my baby.
आंखो के आस पास की त्वचा बेहद नरम और मुलायम होती है। जिस वजह से बहुत ही जल्दी यहां त्वचा ढीली होने लगती है। इस बात का इंसान को तब पता चलता है जब वह हंसता है और उसके आंखों के आस पास की त्वचा में झुर्रियां दिखने लगती है। और इंसान को लगता है कि वह बूढ़ा हो रहा है। लेकिन आयुर्वेद में आंखों के नीचे और आस पास की त्वचा को टाइट करने के अनोखे हेल्थ टिप्स मौजूद हैं। जिन्हें आप इस्तेमाल कर सकते हो।
आयुर्वेद में खीरे के प्रयोग के बारे में बताया गया है। यह त्वचा को टाइट करने का काम करता है। आप सुबह उठकर खीरे की मसाज चेहरे पर करें।
1 चम्मच एलोवेरा के रस को सुबह-शाम दो बार चेहरे पर, नहाने के बाद और सोने से पहले लगाएं। यह आपकी त्वचा को टाईट करेगा।
पके हुए केले को मसल लें और इसमें गुलाब जल डालें। इसे आंखों के आस पास लगाएं। और आधे घंटे के बाद गुनगुने पानी से चेहरे को धो लें
आलू के रस को आँखों के नीचे हलके हाथ से मसाज करने से काले घेरे दूर होते हैं।
एैसे बनाएं प्राकृतिक पेस्ट
1 चम्मच बेसन, 1 चम्मच शहद, 1 चम्मच दूध आधा चम्मच सरसों का तेल को मिलाकर पेस्ट बना लें और इस पेसट को लगाकर 15 मिनट के लिए छोड दें। बाद में इसे गुनगुने पानी से धो लें। सप्ताह में 2 बार इस उबटन का प्रयोग करें। यह आखों की नीचे और आस पास की त्वचा को टाइट करता है।
अन्य आयुवेर्दिक उपाय
आंखों के नीचे बादाम के तेल से मालिश करने से चेहरे से झुर्रियां कम हो जाती हैं। टमाटर को काटकर उसके टुकड़ों को मुंह पर मलते रहने से चेहरे से काले धब्बे निकल जाते हैं। चाय और कॉफी की जगह आप ग्रीन टी का इस्तेमाल करें। अंडे के प्रयोग से भी आंख के पास की जगह टाइट की जा सकती है अंडे में मौजूद सफेद भाग को चेहरे और गर्दन पर लगाएं। चेहरे की मसाज करें इससे चेहरे पर खून का प्रभाव तेज होता है। बेकिंग सोडा से स्क्रब भी किया जा सकता है।
क्या न करें
टेंशन की वजह से आंखों के आस-पास झुर्रियां भी बढ़ने लगती हैं और बाल तक झड़ने लगते हैं इसलिए बेवजह की टेंशन से बचें। अधिक देर तक टी वी और कंप्यूटर पर कार्य न करें।
Hi doctor, i am (26yrs) trying for baby but my period flow is decreased now a days and goes only 3 days what should I do for proper flow of period. I am doing regular pranayam, walking but not effect on it. Is se pregnancy ke liye koi problem to nahi hoga na. Suggest me for conceive fast.
Madam my daughter age 16 this getting regular periods every month, this month her bleeding going on 10th day, not too much but iam fearing kindly advice what to do.
I am 29 year old female. Two weeks back I undergone with IUI. While she is doing IUI she told like my cervix is closed due to some infection. Is there any chance of getting pregnant this month.
While the social stigma pertaining to women's sexuality is gradually reducing, questions addressing the sexual concerns and problems of women are also more widely and openly discussed now. The debate of whether to completely forgo sexual activity during menstruation is one that continues to have divided opinions even now.
The idea of intercourse during 'the time of the month is one that seldom receives an approving nod. Inhibitions relating to the 'mess' and the notion that menstrual blood, sanitary pads, and tampons can lower your arousal rates may underplay the many benefits of engaging in sexual activity during this time:
1. Helps ease cramps
The release of oxytocin and dopamine along with other endorphins alleviates the cramps and body-ache that one might encounter during periods. Sex promotes better blood flow and relieves stress and can help battle mood swings during periods.
2. Shortens the length of periods
Many women who engage in sex during menstruation often claim that their periods last for a comparatively shorter span of time if engage in sex. This is because every time you have an orgasm, the uterus contracts. The muscle spasms of orgasm allow expulsion of blood and uterine lining faster than it is usually subjected to.
3. No need for lubes
Your flow acts as better lubricant during sex and this also enhances pleasure. This might act as a natural way to deal with dryness during sex and one may avoid store-bought lubricants during the time of the month.
4. Chances are that you might actually like it!
Changes in hormonal balances during the first few days of periods can make women more desirous of sexual activity and the partners may enjoy a greater level of pleasure. Sex during periods also ushers in a feeling of deeper intimacy between the partners. An intensified sense of libido that one may feel during this time is extremely beneficial to sexual activity. The pleasure is therefore greater and you might actually like it more than sex on normal days!
How to minimize the mess?
If your primary concern is the 'mess' that you're afraid to create, a menstrual cap or female condom may be the solution to your problem. They help reduce the blood flow during sexual intercourse. In fact, even a regular condom can make it less messy, at least for you partner. Sex in the shower also elevates cleanliness while retaining (often increasing) the excitement in your sexual act.
1. It has cancer treating properties (anticancer properties).
2. Helps in regulating blood sugar levels.
3. Also reduces bad cholesterol (ldl cholesterol - low density lipoproteins) levels in the blood.
4. Brings down arthritis pain.
5. Found to be effective during dysmennorhea (menstrual pain).
6. It helps in losing weight.
7. It improves blood circulation.
8. It helps in healing stomach ulcers caused by helicobacter pylori.
How to include cinnamon in your daily diet?
- it can be used as a regular spice in your food.
- mix cinnamon powder with your tea, green tea, coffee etc, and have it every morning.
- add cinnamon, jaggery, tulsi leaves, lemon, mint leaves to boiling water, allow the water to cool and then use it as a health drink. Have 2-3 glasses of this health drink per day for best results.
my sister is 30 years old. She feels like somebody is killing her with a knife on the chest. She feels alot of pain from pain. She doesn't see anybody killing. She isn't hallucinating. She doesn't do anything all day. She just sits in one corner of the house and when somebody asks her. How's she. She starts crying. Sometimes she looks ok when she is working like when she is making food. But she says it's hurting from inside. She had not got periods also since the problem started. Is this some kind of mental disorder? If this is psychological problems then how is it affecting her menstruation! What is it? Please help.
Hello doctor I am 26 years old. Me and my husband is ttc for past 1 year and 9 months. When I was 19 I was diagnosed with PCOS (no blood test only through scan) doc told me it is a minor one and nothing to worry. By the beginning of 2014 I started to gain weight (family hereditary) and missed periods for months (usually I used to have period on every month but not so regular). Then I consulted a gyno she did my blood test on 19Jun 2014 showing tsh 2.59 UIU/mL and prolactin 14.6 ng/mL. She gave me clomiphene citrate 50mg. And started a follicular study. I had a dominant follicle on my right ovary and she was ready to give an hcg shot. But since some personal problem I couldn't complete that. And an year later on September you consulted an ART doc. Again did a blood test (during my periods) shows FSH 4.69 mIU/ml LH 6.10 mIU/ml prolactin 26.21ng/no tsh 3.00uUI/ml. She did an SSG found a septum of 2cm and removed by hysterolap on 10oct15. She gave progynova tablets and I had periods using progesterone 400. My LMP was on 18th dec. I started cellophane citrate 100mg. On my 11th day a pelvic scan shows a dominant follicle in my right ovary sizing 11mm. On my 14th day it was 18mm. So doc suggested an hcg shot and I took it on my 15th day ie 1st Jan 16. The very next day she scanned again an said the follicle is in the process of ovulation and I had IUI. (my husband's results are good). Now I am 4 days late for my period. Yesterday (3rd day after missed period) I did a urine test (not a fresh morning sample) the result came negative. As of now I haven't checked pregnancy yet. Doctor gave me dydrogesterone 10mg. Why even if I ovulated I'm not pregnant and delaying period.
Dear doctors. Meri wife pregnante hai uska last manstrual sycle 29/11/2016 ko aya tha aur wo lagbhag 1.5 month se prangnet hai. Mujhe ye pta karna tha ki kya hum sex kar skte hai. Ya nhi. Agar ha to kya sex krne se kisi prakar ki problam to nhi hogi. Aur mera dusra sawal ye hai ki usse bilkul bhuk nhi lagti aur hamesha vomating aur dil michalta rhta hai uske karan wo kuch v ni khana chahti to hame kya krna chahiye. Maine use doctor se dikhaya usne vomating rokne ka medicine dia but koi fayeda ni h. Please help and guid what should I do Thanx.
Hi, I am 31 year old man. We are trying for a baby and need to know who we can improve chances of getting pregnant. I and my wife are overweight, weighing 115 and 77 kgs. We have been trying for last 3 months and we are married for 4 years and 8 months now. Last year my wife had a miscarriage, though it was not a planned pregnancy. We have started taking medical assistance to conceive from last week. One problem I am facing is bout sustaining erection during intercourse. From last few months I am facing this issue and my erection lasts only for couple of minutes. Kindly suggest a solution for getting prolonged erection and getting pregnant.
Hello Doctor, I am feeling pain from neck to left shoulder and sometimes till the fingers in left hand. I do not feel vertigo. I am also in early pregnancy phase. Please advise.
Meri igg value 2.75& cmv igg 3.59 hai. Age 32, last mon. Perid 10 aug 16 hai .kya mai baby le sakta hu. Koi khatra to nahi hai.
Ayurveda, the traditional way of healing is known to be a crucial and effectual therapy for a lot of ailments. Since the primitive ages, mankind has been approaching Ayurveda for remedial purposes and in most instances have reaped fruitful results. Ayurveda seeks to heal diseases using natural herbs that are said to resonate well with the four elemental constituents of beings, i.e air, water, earth and fire. Ayurveda uses myriad herbs and natural ingredients in a unique proportion to impart physical as well as spiritual wellness. One of the most common and yet fairly formidable disease plaguing modern lives is diabetes, induced by imbalance in the blood sugar levels in the human body.
Ayurveda recommends the use of a few select herbs to control and alleviate the blood sugar imbalance.
- Gymnema Leaf: Indigenously called gurmar, Gymnema leaves regulate the insulin level in our body. It not only prevents absorption of sugar in the intestine, but also stimulates cell growth in the pancreas. As a consequence, the insulin levels in the body is maintained and the blood sugar problems get neutralized.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is replete with polyphenols that trigger off a healthy count of insulin secretion. Cinnamon has other beneficial properties as well. Whether consumed as tea or sprinkled on food as a flavor, Cinnamon can be instrumental in combatting blood sugar imbalance.
- Fenugreek seeds: A common find in most Indian kitchens, Fenugreek seeds are well known for their health advantages. Its pungent sweet flavor adds to the taste of many dishes. But most importantly, fenugreek seeds extensively keep the blood sugar level in control.
- Basil Leaf: Basil leaves are one of the most commonly used natural remedies for a wide range of diseases. The basil extracts are used in various food items and are extremely effective in curbing the excessive presence of blood sugar in the body. In general as well, basil leaves regulate the metabolism to a large extent.
- Coccinia Indica: This herb protects the vital organs from any damage caused due to diabetes. It stabilizes the breakdown of starch in the body.
- Azadirachta Indica: Common known as Neem, this herb is perhaps an indomitable medicine for increasing glucose tolerance. Neem is also used in allopathic medication on account of its various healing qualities.
Sir, My wife had suffered from uterus infection from past 6 months recently her monthly cycle was stopped white water like discharge happened continuously she feels very pain full throughout day from 20 days we consulted doctor they told that go for the uterus removing surgery please suggest me is there any other possibilities of treatments for this.
Being at the peak of optimal health should be the goal of every individual. As the saying goes, 'Health is Wealth'. Certain food items will help you to reach the pinnacle of health if they are consumed regularly. These foods will not only keep you healthy and fit, but will also help the body to function properly with the nutrients it receives from them.
Given below is a list of foods that you should be eating for optimal health:
- Garlic: Garlic contains a compound called "allicillin", which is the major component to make garlic a healthy food item. Garlic is very effective to cure common colds and flu. Garlic also helps reduce high blood pressure. It reduces bad cholesterol and improves good cholesterol levels in the blood. Garlic also helps to detoxify your body. Treating osteoarthritis is another great benefit of eating garlic.
- Yogurt: Yogurt contains probiotics, which control bacterial growth which is harmful to your body. It also provides your body with calcium.
- Broccoli: Broccoli contains sulphur, which makes this green vegetable a cancer fighter. It contains sulforaphane which gives it this property.
- Oats: Oats help to control blood pressure and cholesterol level in the blood. They are also a great source of fibre for the body. Oats help keep your heart healthy.
- Beets: Beets are a rich source of multivitamins. They help to lower blood pressure and also lower the risk of any cardiovascular disease. Beets also help detoxify the body.
- Cabbage: Cabbage helps reduce the risk of having cancer. It also prevents heart diseases, gastrointestinal problems and Alzheimer's disease. Cabbage is loaded with vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin K, which help it prevent osteoarthritis.
- Fish: Fish helps to control blood pressure. Fish oil can help slow down mental aging. The Omega-3 fatty acids present in fish are very important sources of protein.
- Eggs: Eggs are rich sources of proteins. They aid in the bodybuilding process and the repair and maintenance of the body.
- Spinach: Spinach is a rich source of antioxidants, calcium, vitamin A, vitamin K, and Omega-3 fatty acids. It helps fight cancer, and also detoxifies the body.
- Tomatoes: The vitamins and phytonutrients in tomatoes make them such a healthy food option which keeps cancer and heart diseases at bay.
Related Tip: "6 Foods That Help You Lose Weight"