Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mamata
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MamataYour feedback matters!
Thalassemia patients should not be given iron-rich foods as they may lead to other problems. Oysters, pork, beans, liver, peanut butter, beef, tofu, flour tortillas, cream of wheat, infant cereal, watermelon, prunes, peas, spinach, raisins, broccoli, and green leafy vegetables all fall under this category.
A nutrient extremely important for thalassemia patients is calcium. Due to the affliction, bones tend to become weak and fragile and as such, calcium rich foods are highly recommended to strengthen the skeletal system of the body. Foods high in iron content are dairy products, almonds, hazel nuts, sesame seeds, sardines, salmon, apricots, figs, oranges, currants, soy beans, white bread, white rice, kale cabbages, cauliflowers, beet, carrots, celery, alfalfa sprouts, turnips, cucumbers, garlic, lettuce, tomatoes, green chillies, potatoes, apples, cranberries, pomegranates, strawberries, pineapples, lemons, and acai berries, among others.
- You must include vitamin d in the diet of thalassemia patients as vitamin d helps in absorption and assimilation of calcium in the body. Some such foods are cod liver oil and soy milk.
- Along with the specific diet, there are certain home remedies that may abate the symptoms of thalassemia.
- The best home remedy to cure thalassemia is to consume a healthy and balanced diet to enhance the immunity of the body. Also, it helps prevent and cure weakness and fatigue, the prime symptoms of thalassemia.
- Intake of foods rich in folic acid also helps alleviate the signs of thalassemia. Some such foods are lentils, egg yolk, dried beans, sweet potato, wholegrain bread, soya products, split peas, nuts, brussel sprouts, bananas and peaches, among others.
- Two glasses of milk everyday helps cure thalassemia. Apart from milk, other dairy products that may be consumed on a regular basis are cheese, yogurt and butter.
- You must avoid junk food as these foods interfere with the normal functionality of the body, making it fragile and weak. You must avoid carbonated or aerated drinks as well as canned or tinned foods (attributed to their high content of preservatives).
- Another effective remedy is to consume a teaspoon of honey, twice a day. You may mix honey in milk and consume it regularly.
- Certain yoga poses make your muscles and bones stronger. However, there is a disclaimer here. Such exercises should not be performed until advised by a doctor and must be carried out under the supervision of a certified yoga trainer.
- Another effective remedy to relieve the symptoms of thalassemia is to consume ginger. Ginger serves to enhance the immunity of the body as well as enhance the appetite.
- You may include lemonade in your diet to regulate a variety of processes and mechanisms in the body, helping alleviate the signs of thalassemia.
- Minor habits like maintaining good hygiene can go a long way in protecting a thalassemia patient from other infections which would worsen the condition.
- Apart from the regular home remedies, you may deploy herbal treatment to cure thalassemia. Some of the herbs used for curing thalassemia are:
- Folate or folic acid is a component of vitamin b-complex and helps alleviate the symptoms of thalassemia. As such, you may consume certain herbs which supplements folate in the diet. Some such herbs are red clover leaves, nettle leaves, and oatstraw, among others.
- You may also provide thalassemia patients with zinc supplements as some of them have low zinc level in the body, hindering normal cell metabolism and lowering general body immunity. Some of the herbs rich in zinc content are alfalfa, rose hips, parsley, dandelion, chickweed and burdock root, among others.
- You may also employ homeopathic techniques to cure the affliction, which involves intake of highly diluted preparation made of plant tinctures, stimulating the natural healing process.
Due to no growth of baby after 2.5 months of pregnancy it was aborted thru medications. My first question is when I will start my new cycle of menses and second is from when I can start intercourse.
Hi m suffering from PCOD & I want to conceive but my doctor suggest me to take tablet i. E, Met PCO care for 3 months, I want to ask if I continue this med during 3 months it is surely I will conceive?
Blood came through my urine. I was having fever and chills during this time. 2 days before the fever, I drank a mountain dew which was non refrigerated. Could this be the problem?
I had tsh level as 5.86 (Normal range 5.36 during pregnancy) during my pregnancy and after spontaneous abortion my tsh level was normal (6 months back). I had delayed periods and now my tsh level is >100. Is it possible that thyroid level can increase in 6 months? What treatment should I take to get pregnant?
My wife is having many different pregnancy symptoms but yet getting a negative test result. Her period is set to come on tomorrow or Monday possible but with the different symptoms could she be pregnant and why negative test results if so?
2. For decreasing pain try to do simple calf stretches and leg stretches for few minutes before walking.
3. Also try doing back and abdominal or core strengthening exercises. It will help leg and back pain immediately.
5. Posture plays a very vital role. Keep that tummy muscles tight and back straight while walking or doing daily chores.
6. Get enrolled in a yoga or stretching exercise program to keep up motivation.