Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Mallya Satyanarayan VittalraoYour feedback matters!
I snore during the sleep and some time it's very noisy. Please tell me what are the cause of this and suggest me proper treatment.
Hello, Mujhe 2 years se Plunging Ranula hai and it is increasing fastly under my throat and mouth. Maine bahot sare doctors se consult kiya hai par sabhi ek hi baat bol rahe hai ki mujhe operation se ranula nikalvana padege. But I am afraid ki operation se mere face me koi kharabi naa aa jaye. So please tell me is there any natural way to cure ranula?
My doctor (gastroenterologist) prescribed me colospa (mebeverine) 135 mg for 3 month. I am taking it from 1 month. But now I am facing lot of dizziness and indigestion. I am taking fluoxetine 40 mg also for anxiety disorder along with obsession. What should be done.
I don't do any smoking or drinks I noticed that when I inhale and exhale there is a problem Few minutes I inhale and exhale from nose left hole then after few minutes from nose right hole Why it is like this, is it a serious problem or what Please let me know the reason why I can't inhale/exhale from both nose holes Thank you.
Sir in an accident my ear was broken and in that reason sometimes i am suffering from ear pain so what should I do?
Hello doc, from some days back my both are red. And, pain little bit too. My ears pain too. What to do now? And what happened to me?
I have lymph nodes behind the ears and under the jaw and in groins what should I do please advice me. Thank you.
Today a strange thing happened. I was standing on the road and suddenly everything got black. I felt dizzy. Then everything cleared but my heart rate has increased very much. I went to eat biryani and reached home almost after an hour (I was with my friends). Still my heart was pounding. After I woke up from a sound sleep than I felt good. What had actually happened?
I am 24 year old, I got injured in my head 3 month before. now I have sometimes pain in my left side ear, what should I do? please reply my questions.
I have a very flat nose.Can it be corrected with nose filling to make it shape it instead of rhinoplasty.How much it might cost ?
Doc, I have a deviated nasal septum and I want to operate it. How much it would cost me and how much time it would take to recover. Is there any complication in surgery or its totally safe.
Hi doctor, I have quite a few range of symptoms all of which have been happening for the last 7-8 years. I will list my symptoms numerically: 1) tinnitus (left ear) and hyperacusis (both ears) most likely from noise exposure. 2) everytime I laugh or if a conversation gets loud, the sounds in both my ears is very distorted. The noise distortion also happens if I turn the water tap on and the water is flowing. 3) my ears keep on clicking when I swallow and I can also make both my ears click voluntarily. 4) when I yawn, and try and breathe out, I can breathe out from both my ears. I strongly suspect I am suffering from eustachian tube dysfunction as before all these clicking and stuff started I had a bad cold/sinus infection. 4) my nose have been blocked for the past 7-8 years. I have tried nasonex but no help. Please can anyone offer any help. Anxiously awaiting reply. Thank-you very much,
Physical pain can often be overwhelming especially for children. Ear ache can cause terrible discomfort to children and can give sleepless nights to both children and parents. It is important for new mom and dads to know the basic causes and remedies of an ear ache. That way the little kids can get relief faster. We will help you know more about ear pain in children. Infants and toddlers suffer more, as they can’t express their discomfort. It is crucial to watch out for symptoms like high fever, pulling or tugging ear, white or yellowish discharge coming out of the ear, restlessness, loss of sleep and appetite.
- The most common cause for ear pain is Acute Otitis Media (AOM) or middle ear infection. Small children are especially vulnerable to this infection. The infection causes fever and pain in children. Infection occurs when the fluid produced, can’t be drained by the Eustachian tube. It happens mostly after a bout of cold in kids. Because of it, the Eustachian tube gets swollen making it difficult for the fluid to flow out.
- Tonsillitis or an infection of the tonsils can also lead to an ear ache.
- Too much ear wax can also cause pain in the ear.
- In the case of a mild case of infection, certain home remedies can give immediate relief. So before running to the emergency, try a few of these.
- A hot or cold compress can give some relief. Get a heating pad or ice bag/ pack for this treatment. Children and even adults benefit from this remedy. However, it is not advisable to use heating pads on babies.
- If the child is old enough to sleep with a pillow keep his/her head elevated.
- If the pain is too much to bear, over the counter analgesics like acetaminophen or ibuprofen can be given provided the stipulated dose for children and infants are maintained.
- If the pain is light, simple distraction method works great among children. They can be engaged with either a storybook, a new toy or some game. Letting them munch on their favourite snack can also help.
- Some home remedies recommend putting a few drops of olive oil inside the ear. Though this method does not have any scientific base, it might give relief, however, it is necessary to check with your child’s doctor before applying this.
- The most common way to treat this infection is, however, by giving them antibiotics. If the pain persists, visit your child’s doctor, let them examine his/her ears and then if he feels he will prescribe antibiotics.
Prevention Is Better Than Cure:
Says all seasoned parents. Hence know when to be careful to avoid further ear infections. Some point to ponder.
- Since ear infections typically start with a common cold, get your child a flu vaccine every year. This will prevent him from catching cold often.
- If your child is going to the daycare or school, make sure they do not encourage the sick child to come to school.
- Do not let your infant lie down with a bottle before sleeping. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent specialist.