Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Mallika ParekhYour feedback matters!
She is suffering from Brest cancer. Doctors refused to admit her because its reached last position. If there is any suggestions then suggest.
I'm aged 53 I want to know the reason for enlargement of prostate. My prostate 's size is detected 35.9 cc. What may be reason of enlargement and what medicine should take for treatment.
My daughter has a lump in her breast. Significantly large. I got her an FNAC test done and the report came back saying it was a benign fibroadenoma. The doctor recommended a few months of Vitamin E and Linolenic Acid tablets. Despite over 4 months of taking the same, the size has only increased. Do you suggest any other medicine. Can stress be a reason for this?
Hi i am suffering from pancreatic cancer. Please suggest what can I do in obstruction jaundice caused by 22mm mass on head of pancreas.
My niece is suffering with Breast Cancer Grade 3. advice 4 cycles of Chemo+Surgery+another 4 cycles chemo and radiation. She appears to be normal, no sickness. What is the prognosis? Survival rate? Please help me.
I am suffering from enlarged prostate. Size is 140 cc. I was taking sabal sarulata for the last one and a half year with no/litter improvement. Now i am taking Rekeweg's R-25 for the last two months with some improvement. Kindly suggest some effective homeopathy medicine. I do not want to go for surgery. Thanks and regards.
I think I have prostate enlargement because I can urinate smoothly and I don't have the stone also.what to do
Feeling pain in upper middle of breast with a little tight swelling at that part. Pain when breathe and sometimes paining more while some times a little. Pl suggest which specialist to consult or suggest any medicine. She has taken Moxikind CV (6 tablet) and flexon and got some relief but not fully.
The prostate gland is a male reproductive organ at the base of the urinary bladder and urethra is a thin tube that carries urine out of the penis. It runs through the prostate gland. A fluid produced by this gland helps to carry sperms produced by the testes outside during intercourse.
Following things can be done for maintaining a healthy prostate:
- Eat fruits and vegetables: Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
- Have selenium-rich foods: Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
- Workout to stay fit: Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
- Have more soy products: Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate.
I am 33 years female I am suffering from glomus tumor Can you please help explain how does it relate to cancer or is it dangerous as cancer what are the survival level.
Hi its my hubby's niece she is 4 years old has lymphoma, one cancer tumor frm brain was operated already another one grew for which a new magnetic treatment was given, now she has another hodgkin at her throat part which is suppressing her food and wind pipe. How to proceed.
From the last day I am having complete loose motion with a little pain in various parts of my abdomen. It is showing no sign of stopping. Nearly its been 8-10 times from the last day. I have shown to a local MBBS doctor. He prescribed tablet named'Brakke' and a anti acidity capsule but they aren't working its nearly 24hours and it showing no sign of stopping. Please guide am getting nervous because my mom had a same condition which came to be discovered as liver cancer later.
My mother -in-law is 71 years old, yesterday she was detected to have breast cancer on the right side in an advance state. Doctors say that it has not spread to the shoulder but requires immediate surgery and more probable for cure and may live another 10 years, what I shall do and is there any other treatment other than surgery and what are the diet requirements? Please advise.
Most often than not, cancer comes unannounced and rocks our world. While of late routine tests are being encouraged, it is advisable to keep a look out for symptoms which are commonly overlooked. Some of them are:
1. Peculiar back pain - it has been noticed that the first symptom for liver cancer in many cases is pain the back of the lower back side of the body. Back pain could also be a symptom for breast cancer, in cases where the tumour is pressing backwards, into the chest.
2. Unexplained nail marks - nails often reflect the condition of our health. If there is a sudden and unexplained change in the fingernails, like maybe a dot/a black mark or a brown mark under the nail, this could be a sign of lung cancer.
3. Sensitive skin patches - if there is a lump on the skin or a patch feels sore, is crusty or bleeds very easily then this could be a symptom of skin cancer. It is important to be aware of all changes in your skin, throughout the body.
4. Unexplained facial puffiness - if your face seems puffy, read or swelled, without any logical explanation, this could be a symptom.
5. Unusual menstruation - if you are having unusually heavy and painful periods, it is advisable to request for a transvaginal ultrasound as this could be a symptom of uterine cancer.
6. Changes in breast (s) - this is the most common change which women who have been diagnosed of breast cancer have reported. If the nipple is flattened, inverted or turned sideways, it could be a symptom for breast cancer. Also, if the breast feels read, sore or swollen, it could be a symptom.
7. Frequent stomach problems - frequent upset stomachs and cramps could be the symptom of colorectal cancer.
8. Unreasonable weight loss - if you are losing a lot of weight without even trying to, this could be an early sign of colon or any other digestive cancer. It could also mean that the cancer is spreading to the liver, if your appetite is getting affected.
9. Blood in stool - if there is blood in your stool, this could be a symptom of colorectal cancer and you need to go for a colonoscopy.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.