Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. MalkankaYour feedback matters!
Dr. Shah Nawaz: as you advised If I want to remove spectacles, I can consider laser surgery. Just want to know how safe laser surgery is what is its cost criteria. My power is 2.5 & 2.75. Thanks in advance.
Hello I am just tired of putting specs for years now . I want to get rid of them . Is LASIK a permanent solution ?
Is there any separate testing for wearing contact lenses. What will be difference in prescription for contact lenses & eye glass?
I have red eyes some last four and five days and I am vry scad for my eyes and very sad so please tell me what I do for eyes please give me a suggestion soon.
My eyes become yellow, and stomach upset and high fever, body becomes weak throat paining continuously sneezing throughout the day what should I do, please help me as soon as possible, I am waiting for your reply.
Is there any side effector loss of eyesight or eyesight remains same as after the lasik eye treatment
I have feel a problem in my left eye. When I start my study then a lot of tear become in my left eye. What can I do sir?
Hi sir im 33 year, due to some problems in family I always want to sleep, I think serious depression, I want to close eyes, always, high pulse and heartbeat, please help.
I have applied ear drop in my left eye accidentally, I splashed my eye with water instantly but inspite of that my eye is red. I applied eye drops hyfresh and loxtra.
Hey. My eyes are continually week from last 6 months. Within 6 month my eyes number were increase 2+ please help.
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision related problems. It is easily disposable and requires the least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires the least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision - Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for an active lifestyle - Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses, on the other hand, are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
1. Dry eyes - Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
2. Infections - Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea. Infection can be prevented by maintaining the hygiene while wearing and taking off lenses.
3. Allergic reactions - Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision.