Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Malikant SethYour feedback matters!
A nose bleed can take place due to a number of reasons, which usually all boil down to acute dryness of the nasal passages. The nosebleed and dryness can stem from sinus, allergic reactions, constant blowing of the nose, infections, and also during very harsh winter months when there is no lubrication in the nose. Nose bleed can also occur due to conditions, such as high blood pressure and when a foreign object gets stuck inside the nose.
Here are a few tips on treating nosebleeds:
- First step: The very first action when you experience a nose bleed should be to sit down. Once you are sitting, you should firmly pinch the spot that is soft. This lies just above the nostril. Do this for at least ten to fifteen minutes. The trick is to stay upright rather than lying down as this will bring down the blood pressure in the nasal blood vessels to stop further bleeding.
- Breathe: Breathe with your mouth as you lean forward to help in draining the blood into your nose, rather than out of it or towards the throat.
- Ice compress: Find a bag of frozen corn or peas in your freezer or an ice pack, and press this firmly against the nose to help in stemming the bleeding. As you are doing so, do not forget to cover the bridge of your nose with a towel so that it prevents you from catching a cold.
- Medication and side effects: If you are on any kind of anticoagulants that end up thinning the blood, then you may immediately want to see your doctor about a possible side effects and a change in the medication. This could also be an effect of haemophilia where the bleeding does not stop.
- Children: If a child who is under the age of two years suffers from such nosebleeds, then you will need to rush him or her to the doctor immediately as it could point at a more serious problem.
- Anaemia (learn more about Anaemia and how it affects the health): Nose bleeds could also suggest the presence of anaemia, so you may want to see your doctor about lab tests to determine and possibly rule out this cause. You can also start medication accordingly for this kind of an ailment.
- Nasal Packing: The doctor can carry out this procedure with the help of gauze that can seal the spot where the bleeding is happening.
- Cautery: This is a minor procedure that involves burning the blood vessel that is causing the persistent bleeding with a stick of silver nitrate. The stick will be inserted after local anaesthesia is administered to the patient.
You must see a doctor for severe and prolonged bleeding.
I have been operated twice for nasal papilloma. Recently I had third surgery to remove inverted papilloma. I have been told that there are chances of recurrence Please advice the solution to avoid the recurrence.
I am 35 years old and diabetic and I am suffering from nasal congestion, little fever, chills, sinus problem, difficulty breathing and extreme fatigue. My tests like cbc, urine culture, blood culture, xray, malaria,all are negative. Should I go for a swine flu test. Because I am feeling extreme fatigue, chills, joint pain, nasalcongestion. Sinus problem. Pls advice.
I am 26 years old and discovered sinus symptoms almost 2 years back. Got sinus pains twice and I was prescribed with augmentin once and another time with azax 250. Now again I have started having sinus pains on the forehead. What should I do?
Suffering from throat infection since last 6 month. Consulted 7 doctors but not feeling well. I have gone through the culture test twice I spent around 50000 on this stretched treatment but not feeling improvement Taken all most all the antibiotics available in market (prescribed by doctors) Now a days I'm started suffering from double vision problem. Please give me any solution for this problem A.S.O is 500 .Please give me some home remedy information to decrease A.S. Level.
I have Problem of sinusitis. I consult with doctors and they provide medicines like taxim, telekast L, carbon plus. But, I want this problem to get solved permanently.Please guide me. X Ray report has shown me that my nose bone has congestion. Please guide me, how to get rid of it
I am having cold in every morning after get up from bed. associated with severe rhinorrhea and nasal irritation. I am exhausted with taking levocetirizine. Give me some advice.
I was continues sleeping from more than 23 hours continues when I wake up I am feeling severe dryness in throat and severe heaviness in head. I am not taking any type of alcohol not taken any over dose medicine. Please suggest why this is happened.
I am a 24 years old woman suffering from mild insomnia. This leads to headache and dizziness in the morning. Please suggest a cure to this problem.
I sneeze a lot whenever I take rice, oily foods, cold water etc. Am I allergic to these? Do I have sinus problems? What is the remedy?
Heaviness in head , Feeling dizziness ,Feeling unbalanced .What could be the reasons . I am on BP medicines and copd medicines for the last 20 years. Using flotral 10 mg OD for urination . Please help me . Thanks .
The inflammation of the tissues around the sinuses is a condition known as sinusitis. This can be triggered by a number of factors including a common cold and pollen allergies. The symptoms of acute sinusitis are -
- Facial muscle pain
- Stuffiness of the nose
- Running nose
- Loss of smell
Sinusitis is an uncomfortable condition on its own, but can also lead to a number of other complications. Ayurveda can be very effective in treating sinusitis without causing any other side effects. Here are a few ways to treat sinusitis with Ayurveda.
- Steam inhalations - Steam is a decongestant that can successfully clear congestion and make sinusitis less painful. This can be done five to six times a day. If your sinus is causing excessive pain, this should be repeated regularly for at least a week. In cases of chronic sinusitis, you may even continue this form of treatment for two years.
- Nasyam - Nasyam is one of the five therapies of detoxification according to Ayurveda. It treats sinusitis by administering medicated oils or herbal juices through the nostrils into the body. Nasyam acts by attacking and removing excess humor in sinus cavities. This improves the flow of oxygen in the body, and thus also helps treat the pain that is a result of your sinusitis.
- Ginger-Garlic - Ginger and garlic have a number of medicinal properties. A teaspoon of fresh ginger juice with honey can help reduce the congestion caused by sinusitis. This should ideally be had early in the morning, as soon as you wake up and may be repeated in the evening. Similarly, create a concoction with crushed garlic, turmeric, and honey, in the ratio of 1 tsp each of garlic and turmeric and 2 tbsp of honey. Have 1 tsp of this concoction daily.
- Jala Neti - Neti is a yogic purification method and jala neti refers to purification by water. This is a simple technique that should be practiced daily to relieve problems related to sinuses. Fill a neti pot with lukewarm water and a little salt. Position the neti pot such that the spout is in one of the nostrils. Breathe through your mouth and tilt your head till the water starts flowing from one nostril to the other. Once the pot has been emptied, repeat the process with another nostril. This can be repeated any number of times.
- Change your diet - Ayurveda is a lifestyle and hence diet is a very important part of the treatment. Avoid cold and oily food. Starting the day with a glass of lemon juice and water is also said to be beneficial to sinusitis patients. Processed foods, chocolates, liquor, carbonated drinks etc are other things to be refrained from when treating sinusitis with Ayurveda. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.