Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Mala BhambhaniYour feedback matters!
Iam 28 years female wth right knee partial acl tear. Now I met with an accident and got fractured of lateral condyle comminuted fx and underwent Orif surgery. Will I be able to walk again without any support. I mean after 8 months at least. Please be frank and reply.
Osteoarthritis (OA) is a degenerative disease that affects the various bone and joints health, leading to painful movement and thereby limiting the patient's mobility. Knees, hips, joints of hands and legs are affected.
Symptoms of OA
The symptoms revolve around the bones and joints including:
- Pain and stiffness of the joints
- Swelling of the joints
- Inability to form a clench
- Difficulty holding things
- Stooped posture
- Weakness of legs and hands
- Reduced height over time
Treatment options in allopathy are limited to nonsteroidal analgesics to control pain and in severe cases, surgical correction, in case of OA. However, homeopathy takes into account the triggering symptoms, the associated symptoms, and the status of the immune system before deciding on a treatment regimen.
With this holistic approach, homeopathy achieve the following:
- Reduce the pain, swelling and stiffness
- Slows the pace of further degeneration
- Improves mobility of the affected joint(s)
- Improves the body's overall immune system, thereby allow the body to promote healing on its own
- Homeopathic intervention in the early phases is particularly helpful, as it will arrest disease progression
- It also enable better absorption of minerals and nutrients essential for bone health. This allows healing of existing bone fractures and avoids further bone damage by strengthening the bones
- Homeopathic treatment also enables the body's chemical state to withstand stress and illnesses better
- It vitalizes the body's natural healing and ability to repair itself, to create a better state of health and well-being
Homeopathy For Osteoarthritis
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat osteoarthritis but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved remedies are available for osteoarthritis which can be selected on the basis of cause, location, sensation, modalities and extension of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person.
Hello doc Yesterday I was dancing I received strain in my knee now when I am walking I am feeling strain in it Can it be cured by using any ointment or spray Please recommend Regards.
Knee problem two bones of leg on either side of knee touching each other, is there any other alternative than surgery ?
I'm 30 years female and em experiencing back pain and knee pain. I feel ike my bones are fragile to bear pressure. Moreover I have problem in loosing weight. Although my diet is completely under check. Can you suggest any test that I should take to check my calcium level?
From last few days I feel pain on my left knee. I tried some pain Keller but the pain same as before. Please help me.
Sir. My right knee' s flesh upper right flesh used to pain when I just simply touch it by pressing it. Sometimes in climbing stairs it pains. I refered to the doctor he says no arthritis but knee cap doesnt pain only flesh pain and it is little fluffy as compared to other knee' s flesh. Tell me what shuld I do is it serious?
My uncle is 52 years old. He is addicted to alcohol. He drinks 2 pegs daily at night usually at 9 o clock. He has complaint of having pain in knees and arm. Does alcohol is injurious to health How to cure him? He once did not drink for a month and got up with cervical problem. How to cure his his knees and arms which have got great pain. Thanks.
I'm 27 year old male and I felt sometimes headache when I get hungry and sometimes I felt knee pain too hard. I use use several type of ointment and tablets but it last for hour and get started. The pain will last for 24hr and relieve automatically. After some days the pain started again. Suggest me how do I do.
Please suggest me a way to cure my knee pain. Moreover, please provide me a diet chart so that I can reduce my weight.
Hi, I am 30 years old married women my baby is 8 months old. Now I am getting a unbearable pain in knee I can not sit and stand properly its pain a lot. Its almost 2 week over still its paining now I am in ayurvedic course is going on but still it is paining only, I go daily morning walk, bcoz of my weight after delivery its 70 kgs. Please help me. I am on feeding.
I had fallen down on both my knees on a hard surface 1 week before (12/3/2016) and had pain in my knees for 2-3 days. After a week, now when I exercise (sit ups), I feel pain in my left kneeCap I am a wicket Keeper for a local team and thus this problem is creating difficulty in keeping the wickets So, Please HELP.
Good morning sir I am 40 year old have a pain in one knee due to cartilage loss It is because my leg is little bit tilt In daily working I am comfortable But some time it get start paining Can you help me so that it does not get more damage in future.
When m walking n running my legs joints (knee) so much paining. So tell me how I recover my this problem. N try to concern with me as soon as possible. Bcz now its start paining so much.
Arthritis is a disease in which the joints in your body swell. Inflammation or swelling can be caused due to body's natural response to injury or disease. It can cause discomfort in the form of pain, stiffness as well as difficulty in movement. Major types of arthritis are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis and gout.
Causes of arthritis
Arthritis is generally caused by a combination of factors. It can happen due to genetic factors in case the disease runs in the family. Sometimes it can be caused due to injuries of the past; it can also be a by-product of your lifestyle. Some of the common causes of arthritis are:
1. Genetic makeup in which arthritis can be a hereditary trait
2. Physically taxing work life or injuries caused in an accident
3. Imbalance in the immunity system
4. Infections in the joint.
Risk Factors associated with arthritis
1. Family history - You can be prone to develop arthritis if it runs in the family. It can occur due to its hereditary trait hence making you more vulnerable to the environmental factors which contribute to developing arthritis.
2. Age - The risk of arthritis can increase with age. Types like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and gout are more common in the old age.
3. Gender - Your sex is an important factor as women are more likely to develop rheumatoid arthritis while men are prone to suffer from gout.
4. Joint injury - Joint injury caused due to accidents or due to sports activities can trigger arthritis. People with previous joint injuries can develop arthritis in that joint.
5. Obesity - Excess weight can put a lot of pressure on the joints, on the knees and hips in particular. Hence, obese people have more chances of developing arthritis than fitter people. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.