Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Makrand R.Masrani
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Makrand R.MasraniYour feedback matters!
I have polycystic ovarian disease. I get periods in two months minimum. Please suggest what to do. I had undergone medication some years back for two years. I used to get regular periods then but once I left the medication the problem continued. Because of this I get very less sexual arousal and also get depressed many times frequently. Remain confused and lack confidence. I need to plan family in upcoming years. Please suggest what would be good for me. I would prefer getting healed in a natural way if possible instead of taking the contraceptive polls given to regularize periods.
Breast milk is the best for babies and the benefits of breastfeeding are one too many. Breast milk not only supplies your baby with its requirement of vitamins and nutrients, but also gets the substances which fight diseases, making your baby healthy and strong.
Benefits of breastfeeding are:
1. Protects Your Body - Breastfeeding induces some changes in your body which you might not be very delighted to accept, but are for the sake of your baby. Did you know, these very changes benefit you as well. Studies have proved that women who breastfeed are protected against breast and ovarian cancer. The longer you feed, the more protected you are.
2. Reduces Stress - Adding to the benefits of breastfeeding you can derive, is the fact that it helps you reduce stress. It also lessens your risk of postpartum depression. Breastfeeding has been found to be relaxing since it releases the hormone called oxytocin. This release also helps the uterus contract.
3. Averts Risk For Baby - A breastfed baby has lower risk of sudden infant death syndrome.
4. Reduces Obesity Risk In Baby - Breastfed babies have lower chances of obesity. They are good at judging when their tummies are full and therefore stop drinking on time. This leads to healthy growth pattern. Compared to babies who are fed on formula, breastfed babies gain weight at slower speed, hence reducing chances of obesity later in life.
5. Increases Cognitive Skills - Multiple researches have shown that there is a direct relationship between cognitive development and breastfeeding.
6. Enhances Baby’s Immunity - Breastfeed babies are also said to be better protected from developing allergies as immune factors like secretory igA is present only in breast milk. It creates a protective layer on the babys intestinal tract. Babies who aren't breastfeed are known to fall sick pretty frequently as formula diet doesn't build their immunity as mother's milk does.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Infertility affects approximately 1 out of every 6 couples. An infertility diagnosis is given to a couple who are unable to conceive over the course of one year. When the problem lies with the male partner it is referred to as male infertility. Male infertility factors contribute to approximately 30% of all infertility cases, and male infertility alone accounts for approximately one-fifth of all infertility cases.
There are four main causes of infertility in males:
A hypothalamic or pituitary disorder (1-2%)
Gonad disorder (30-40%)
Sperm transport disorder (10-20%)
Unknown causes (40-50%)
I am 45 tears old lady. I have perfect menstrual cycle. Also conceived last year in only once. But my husband aborted the child. I have one 12 year old son. Now I want second issue. Should I go for that?
Due to obesity I have mensuration problem i.e irregular periods can I get a advice to regularize the periods.
I am five feet and seventy five kgs. I want to loose weight before conceiving or planning a baby. Kindly suggest practical and home remedies for working woman 10-8 pm.
Dyspareunia is a phenomenon noticed in both males and females, but more frequently in females. It refers to recurring pain during or after sexual intercourse. Such kind of pain affects female genitalia usually the vagina, clitoris, or at times the depths of the pelvis. This pain is often accompanied by a burning, itching or throbbing sensation which can prove to be extremely discomforting if left unattended. Thankfully, a careful examination of symptoms leading to Dyspareunia and its early diagnosis can improve a person's sexual health.
Indicators of this deep rooted problem
- Pain can occur during penetration in and around the vagina, urethra or the bladder.
- Pain can be a new occurrence after earlier instances of painless intercourse.
- It can be felt throughout intercourse in places, such as deep in the pelvis or even after intercourse.
- The intensity of the ache is sometimes sharp and at other times, it is as piercing as menstrual cramps.
- It need not necessarily be associated with intercourse; pain can be experienced during any kind of penetration. Thus, using a tampon or a moon cup can also result in soreness.
- Skin diseases can either be a symptom or a root cause leading to the problem. Skin problems, such as Psoriasis or Lichen Sclerosus should not be taken lightly.
- Tightening of vaginal muscles at the beginning of intercourse may or may not be superficial pain. In most cases, it is identified as Vaginismus but it can also be a symptom of acute Dyspareunia.
Ways to nip the pain in the bud
- While, usually, pain during sexual intercourse is a result of adolescence or a traumatic sexual history, it can also be the result of a physiological problem contracted at birth. However, treatment in any situation is necessary to enable smooth functioning of one's life.
- Injectable corticosteroids might prove to be helpful.
- There are oral medications to remedy the problem; antibiotics and antifungal medicines.
- Increase in estrogen levels through the use of the drug Osphena helps in curing frailty of vaginal tissues.
Precautionary measures to be followed at home
- Taking a warm bath before intercourse can lead to betterment.
- It is best to avoid sex when in stress. Both partners should be relaxed to ensure a complete lack of pain.
- After sex pain can be relieved by applying an ice pack around the vulva.
- Urinating before sex can be helpful. It is also good to use water soluble lubricants for stimulation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
How to Lower Uric Acid Levels Naturally?
More and more gout sufferers are moving away from costly drug-based remedies with their nasty side effects, to more natural remedies. Here are 3 simple tips on how to lower uric acid levels in the blood naturally:
(1) Drink between 2 and 3 liters of water everyday. Drink small amounts regularly throughout the day. Water helps the kidneys to process and flush uric acid out of the body.
(2) Consume a baking soda solution to help dissolve uric acid crystals, and, increase uric acid solubility. Add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda to 8 oz of water. Mix thoroughly, and drink maximum 8 glasses daily. One before bedtime, one when you get up in the morning, and one every 2 to 4 hours between meals. Repeat until the symptoms have gone.
Note: Since baking soda is high in sodium, change to a salt-free diet whilst taking this remedy. And, if you suffer from high blood pressure, although you can take it as long as you monitor your blood pressure closely, it’s better not to use this remedy at all.
(3) Change to a low purine diet. Since uric acid comes from the breakdown of purines, and, purines also exist in our foods, a gout sufferer needs to go onto a diet that is relatively low in purines. This also means avoiding high purine foods completely. The general types of food to avoid are fatty red meats, poultry and some seafood. And, it’s important to avoid alcohol. Beer, in particular, is a trigger for gout. The types of foods that make up a low purine diet are things like; essential fatty acids(e.g. tuna, salmon, etc.), low fat dairy products, complex carbohydrates (e.g. bread, cereal, pasta, rice, vegetables, fruit, etc.), fruits such as cherries, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, etc.
I got married on 13/04/2014. Working in school job approx 10hrs All 6days. My period is normal health is ok no any abnormality. My hubby is all ok, active, dob 3/2/1986. interested to conceive. Please advise.
Hi. My 5th month of pregnancy is about to end. I'm having severe cold. I am not able to breathe through my nose at all. I've taken steam but still the condition is same. I haven't slept the whole night as I'm unable to do so. Please suggest me something good.
My period date has crossed over 10 days but it have not started. Couple of times I had bleeding but not like periods. I did vomit few times and feel like vomiting whenever hv food. Continuous tiredness has also become regular. Everyone saying that all symptoms are of pregnancy. Also I am having gastric problem as well. Hence please advise what could be the real issue with her health. We are afraid it is something else and not pregnancy.
Avoid alcohol during pregnancy. Alcohol has been linked to premature delivery, mental retardation, birth defects, and low birthweight babies.
Limit caffeine to no more than 300 mg per day. The caffeine content in various drinks depends on the beans or leaves used and how it was prepared. An 8-ounce cup of coffee has about 150 mg of caffeine on average while black tea has typically about 80 mg. A 12-ounce glass of caffeinated soda contains anywhere from 30-60 mg of caffeine. Remember, chocolate (especially dark chocolate) contains caffeine -- sometimes a significant amount.
The use of saccharin is strongly discouraged during pregnancy, because it can cross the placenta and may remain in fetal tissues. But, the use of other non-nutritive or artificial sweeteners approved by the FDA is acceptable during pregnancy. These FDA-approved sweeteners include aspartame (Equal or NutraSweet), acesulfame-K (Sunett), and sucralose (Splenda). These sweeteners are considered safe in moderation, so talk with your health care provider about how much non-nutritive sweetener is acceptable during pregnancy.
Decrease the total amount of fat you eat to 30% or less of your total daily calories. For a person eating 2000 calories a day, this would be 65 grams of fat or less per day.
Limit cholesterol intake to 300 mg or less per day.
Do not eat shark, swordfish, king mackerel, or tilefish (also called white snapper), because they contain high levels of mercury.
Avoid soft cheeses such as feta, Brie, Camembert, blue-veined, and Mexican-style cheese. These cheeses are often unpasteurized and may cause Listeria infection. There’s no need to avoid hard cheese, processed cheese, cream cheese, cottage cheese, or yogurt.
Avoid raw fish, especially shellfish like oysters and clams.
My age is 25 I have thyroid problem before I took unani medicine for this now my tsh is normal 4.now I'm facing periods problem periods is coming every month but only for 1 and 2 day finish and very less blood and light. I'm taking unani medicine means P, habbe mudir sharbat mudir, mahwari I'm taking all these medicine before 4-5 days of period but it's coming 1 and 2 days. What to do for this.
A white discharge from your vagina is normal in most cases, especially if you are pregnant or are ovulating before your period. Further, when you are sexually aroused you will have white discharge. These are some legit reasons for normal white discharge from your vagina, but sometimes your vaginal discharge is not so benign.
Causes of vaginal white discharge
- If the vaginal discharge changes color or is frothy, profuse and is accompanied by extensive itching, there is something fishy about it, and you need to consult your doctor ASAP.
- Also, called leucorrhea, white discharge can be caused due to an infection. Fungal infections like yeast infections of the vaginal tract can cause leucorrhea, accompanied by severe itching. White discharge can also be due to a sexually transmitted disease especially trichomoniasis, which causes a reddish or brownish vaginal discharge. Pelvic inflammatory disease, unhygienic toilet habits, TB as well as anemia can be the reason behind it.
- Further, The cause of this vaginal discharge is that the mucous membranes in the vaginal tract, try to wash off the offending organisms by increasing the secretion of mucous, causing leucorrhea.
Effective homeopathic solution
Treatment for leucorrhea is designed according to the exact cause in both allopathy as well as homeopathy. Rest assured that whatever be the cause of leucorrhea or white discharge, homeopathy is more effective in treating the problem from the root. In cases where leucorrhea occurs due to infection, homeopathic medicines are capable of not only treating it, but also have remedies for the infection as well. In case of discharge being due to physiological reasons, homeopathy is again equally effective in treating it.
Here are a few homeopathic medicines for leucorrhea:
- Sepia Officinalis: This is one of the best homeopathic medicines for leucorrhea at menopause. It’s also very beneficial when the vaginal discharge is yellowish green in colour, with excessive itching in the vagina and vulva.
- Alumina: It treats acrid and transparent discharge from the vagina that causes excessive burning and itching in the vagina. The discharge is also very profuse and it’s more during the day.
- Calcarea Carbonica: This is a natural homeopathic medicine for milky vaginal discharge with itching. It’s very effective in cases, where leucorrhea gets worse from exertion or during urination.
- Kreosote: It treats offensive vaginal discharge with violent itching. The vaginal discharge is yellowish and gets worse between periods. Few medicines in fact have the same power in treating leucorrhoea as Kreasote.
- Natrum Muriaticum: A medication to treat thick vaginal discharge, which gets worse while walking.
- Borax or Bor: This is useful in clearing a copious and albuminous leucorrhoea.
- Mercurius or Merc: An acrid leucorrhoea accompanied by burning and swelling of vulva or the external parts of the vagina. It treats purulent greenish yellow leucorrhoea, which is worse at night.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi Doctor I had a termination of pregnancy of 1 week using MT Pill on 04th Feb and bleeding stopped completely on 20th Feb. Now again I am tested positive on Pregnancy Test. I am not sure if I got pregnant again or previous termination didn't happen completely. If its a new pregnancy this time, Shall I again use MT Pill to terminate it or go under medical examination this time.
Hi sir/ madam, my name is sagar my blood group is AB+ and my wife blood is B- any issues during the pregnant.
Postpartum is the period after one's labour and delivery. Pregnancy and postpartum are a time when a woman's body changes to a great extent, in order to first accommodate the baby and then go through labour and delivery. A vaginal delivery can have many implications when it comes to the postpartum.
The same goes for a Caesarean Section or C Section as well. Let us find out what your postpartum care routine should include.
- Vaginal Soreness: Deal with vaginal soreness with the help of stool softeners and pain relievers, as prescribed by your gynaecologist. You should also make hygiene a priority at this time. Use a washcloth and warm water to clean the area every time you urinate. Also, you can use an ice pack if the wound is particularly painful.
- Discharge: Vaginal discharge in the postpartum period is called lochia, and it usually carries on for a few weeks after the baby is born. You must use a sanitary napkin during this period and clean up regularly. If your bleeding or discharge is accompanied by fever, then you should contact your gynaecologist immediately.
- C Section Wound: In case there is redness and swelling in the wound, accompanied by symptoms like pain and foul smelling discharge from the vagina, you will need to get in touch with your doctor immediately so that he or she can check for possibility of infections.
- Movement: After a C Section, you will need to take as much rest as possible, so that the wound heals properly. This includes avoiding making too many trips up and down the stairs as well. It would be a good idea to have a family member or partner around who can help as well. Gentle walks after a week or two are usually recommended for the body to come back to normal gradually.
- Kegels: Do kegels or contracting exercises for the strength of the pelvic floor to return, especially after a vaginal delivery. This will help in alleviating pain and burning sensation during urination at this time.
- Nutrition: Take special care to eat nutritious and home cooked food, especially if you are breast feeding. This will also help in the healing of the vaginal or C Section wound. Also, a high fibre diet will help in better bowel movement, which will lessen the pain while visiting the bathroom.
Taking care of your body in postpartum is a matter of bringing it back to normal gradually even as you deal with the side effects of delivery. Ensure that you are in touch with your doctor.