Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Maitreyi Gayatri
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Maitreyi GayatriYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor! I am 22 years female. My weight is 69 kg. I am a student and my lifestyle is basically sedentary but I am trying to go for walk whenever possible. I am controlling my diet and avoiding junk. Even after all my efforts my weight is constantly increasing and I am becoming fat. My weight has become a major concern for me, recently I am very disturbed mentally as I started feeling that I no more look good. My dresses no more fit me. I am unable to wear most of the dresses as they won't fit me. Please help. I want to know is there any medicines which can decrease my weight without completely going on starvation. Please tell me if there is any medicine for weight loss without any side effects.
I am vegetarian and a housewife my weight is 75 kgs I want to reduce 5 kgs please suggest what should you do. I do morning walk daily for 1 hour.
I am taking Telma 20 and Amtas 5 for the bp 200/120. My bp is 110/70 now after 1 month. Can I stop taking telma as I feel very weak and anemic.
Hey Dr. My self nabil and I have headache last 3months and I do not what happens with me so Dr. say me what happen to me and my symptoms are vomiting, stomach pain, and body pain, so pls reply me soon.
Am 34, have itchy scalp and lot of hair fall with receding hairline and greying of hair in initial stages. After I get head bath I get headaches. Also have forehead protrusions making me feel really down? What should I do.
I've been single all my life. Everytime I talk to woman I have fear of rejection. I always feel embarrassed to talk about it Can anyone help?
Fennel is a very common spice in India and is usually present in every kitchen. In fact, from a very young age, it has been seen that the elders advise the youngsters to consume a pinch of fennel after any meal for proper digestion. Fennel is also added to many dishes to make the dish flavourful as well, so that the person eating the dish can reap the benefits of all its medicinal properties. Fennel is much more than just a digestion enhancing natural ingredient. Fennel if boiled in water and the water taken empty stomach in morning, can be used as diuretic and also used in renal calculus. Some of its other uses and benefits are explained below.
- Breath Freshener: Fennel has anti microbial properties which clean your mouth and give you a fresh breath after every meal. In fact, it is not uncommon to notice fennel seeds being served in hotels and restaurants after a meal for better digestion and having a fresh and sweet breath.
- Helps in digestion: Fennels help in not only digestion but also help in solving various other problems like intestinal gas, bowel irritation, constipation, heartburn etc. Those with constipation are advised to have fennel milk or at least a pinch of fennel after every meal so that they would be able to relieve themselves comfortably.
- Helps in reducing obesity: Obesity has become one of the greatest concerns in contemporary times. With a rise in the sale of junk foods, individuals have started thinning the line between being fat and being obese in nature. However, when you tend to consume fennel seeds, it gives you a feeling of fullness. This reduces the urge to eat in between meals which, in turn, helps in reducing obesity in individuals.
- Helps in solving menstrual problems in women: Women who attain their puberty and experience regular menstrual cycles would be well aware of the regulation that they might face sometime or the other in the process. Consumption of fennel seeds regularises menstruation to a great extent in women. In fact, it also helps in reducing painful bleeding in women. It is one of the few natural remedies that can be tried out before opting for medical consultations and higher doses of medicines.
- Used as a natural preventive against cancer: Cancer can occur in different places including the colon. Consumption of fennel can help in the reduction of colon cancers in individuals. The anti-carcinogenic properties of fennel help in reducing cancer-causing agents in the body, thereby rendering it capable enough to fight against cancer.
Thus, these are some of the benefits of consuming fennel. Next time you consume fennel after a meal, you know why you are consuming it and what health benefits could it bring to you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.