Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahima Mehrotra
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Mahima MehrotraYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor, I'm having itching situation on my penile glans, sometimes like thrush kind of. Is that ok if I use coconut oil for curing. Kindly suggest as i'm getting married next month.
Mujhe dentist ne gum surgery karne ko kaha hai par ham karna nae chhahte hai iske liye koi tablet ya kuch fruit khane se thik hosakta hai ham jab se wisdom teeh nikalwaye he tab se problem ho raha hai 9 month hogaya hai upper teeth me jhanjhanat sensitive rehta hai please advise good fruit or any medicine which is good for my teeth.
Good Morning sir. I am saddam from new Delhi. I have a problem on my teeth. My one left-down tooth is rot during childhood. And now there is pain some times last 1-year. And also bleeding from there. What should we have to do. Please advised to me. Thank you very mach.
There is a gap between my two front teeth .this gap was not there before 1 month but I do not know the reason of this gap. I want to know the cost of removable braces for upper teeth?
My teeth looks yellow . I brush my teeth daily I take care of them but still they dnt look white what should I do.
I'm 20 years old male. I have blisters in my mouth and my gums are swollen. Is it because of the spicy food that I eat or some other thing? Is that indication of ulcer? What can I do to cure it and prevent this in future?
Sir .Here I have got problem in my teeth there little part of my teeth from inner down side had got little cavity part and it got broke by me there it had become a bit hole in my teeth sir what should I do and what all problem we will face if I do not go for proper treatment immediately than.
Teeth are one of the most precious parts of the human body. By playing a significant functional and structural role in aesthetics, facial appearance, and food habits, digestion and chewing, all efforts at maintaining them should be undertaken. As we all know, we have two sets of teeth, primary or deciduous and the permanent set. Let us discuss tooth removal in these two sets separately.
In the primary teeth, the main indication would be dental decay. If the tooth is severely damaged beyond repair with fillings, then removal could be an option, with two things considered. The primary successor will erupt within the next 6 months; if not, a space maintainer would be put in place.
Another reason would be if the tooth is beyond its lifecycle and is blocking the eruption of the successor, then it requires removal.
The permanent teeth, however, are a set that are meant to last for a lifetime and removal should be considered only as a last resort. With advances in dental treatment methods, gone are the days when removal would be an option for severe decay.
Some of the absolute indications for removal would be:
- Wisdom teeth: if it is erupting in abnormal position (flattened or crooked), then removing them to avoid infection and impingement on other teeth needs to be considered. Wisdom teeth infection is one of the most common causes requiring tooth removal.
- Recurrent infections: If a tooth has been root canal treated, but continues to have ongoing chronic infection, it could be a case for removal.
- Malformed or supernumerary teeth: These may also block eruption of other teeth into the mouth.
- Orthodontic treatment: In cases where the jaw size is really not sufficient to realign the mal-positioned or crooked teeth, the first premolar is often sacrificed, and this space is used to align the other teeth.
- Injuries: In case of accidents or injuries with jaw fractures, teeth in the line of fracture may need to be removed.
- Preparation for dentures: In cases of severe periodontal disease, where the mobility of the teeth is high and complete dentures are being considered as an option, teeth removal may be planned. Also, if there are teeth which are in the line of fixed partial dentures, again removal might be planned
- Radiation therapy: For head and neck cancer patients, if there are teeth in the line of radiation, then removal might be planned.
Unlike in the earlier years, the absolute indications for removing tooth have changed. A thorough examination, both oral and radiological, should be done before zeroing on extraction.