Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahesh Thakar
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh ThakarYour feedback matters!
I have skin allergies. Coin size spot is on the feet. It is in colour black and itchy. I consulted doctors they gave medicine but no cure pls help me.
Hi, I am 23 years old Female. After coming to Hyderabad I am getting pimples resulting Scars very regularly. Because of this skin is getting black. Skin is getting pigmentation resulting darkness beside lips. My face is oily type. Please suggest me any lotion or soap?
I am suffering from a kind of skin disease, my skin is so sensitive little pressure makes it red. A bit of nail scratch can cut my skin. Help.
Women can find unwanted hair growth very embarrassing. This is especially true if she sports hair growth on her face. Excessive hair growth on a woman is also known as Hirsutism. This differs from the usual fine 'peach fuzz' that covers the rest of the body. Such hair can be characterized as dark and coarse.
Hirsutism has a number of causes. Some of the most common reasons for this condition are:
- Genes: Hirsutism often runs in families. Thus, if your mother or grandmother suffered from this skin condition, chances are that you may suffer from the same. This is most commonly seen in people from the Mediterranean region and South East Asia.
- Hormones: Hirsutism is also linked to an abnormally high level of male hormones like androgens in the body. This is usually seen in cases where women suffer from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Cushing's syndrome or tumors in the adrenal gland.
- Medication: A shift in hormone levels is also a common side effect of many types of medication. This is typically seen in drugs that include hormones, such as anabolic steroids, drugs that spur hair growth and drugs that help with endometriosis.
Facial hirsutism can be treated in a number of ways. Some of the ways to remove excess hair are:
- Shaving: This is an easy and quick way to remove unwanted skin. However, it may irritate the skin and with every shave, the hair growth may get coarser.
- Bleaching: This is a temporary solution for Hirsutism, but may irritate the skin and does not suit dark skinned women.
- Waxing: When done regularly, waxing can reduce the amount of hair growth. However, this is a painful technique and can cause skin inflammation.
- Laser hair treatment: Compared to the above forms of hair removal, laser treatment can remove hair for the longest period of time. However, this is not a permanent solution and can have side effects like the lightening or darkening of skin.
- Electrolysis: This is permanent solution to Hirsutism. It can require several sittings and may also lead to scarring or changes in skin colour.
- Medication: Prescription drugs can also change the way hair grows on the body. However, if you stop using this medication the hair growth with go back to its original form. Birth control pills and anti androgen blockers are the most common form of prescription drugs used to treat hirsutism. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.