Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MaheshYour feedback matters!
I am a lactating mother of 9 months 2nd baby (my ist baby is 4 years old) due 2 which I have calcium deficiency since 1 week followed by the symptoms numbness &tingling in hands & feet. Pain in joints, hallucinations,memory loss. Sitting under the sunlight gives me some relief.
Easy tip for toddler's mumma
When it’s time to feed your child dinner at the end of a long day, it’s a good idea to finish your meal first. Trying to feed a fussy child on an empty stomach will only make you irritable and impatient. Eat first and you’ll find you’re way more patient and energetic to tackle any challenges the dining table may throw up.
My cousin had a baby yesterday. Baby is having spina bifida. Doctor is saying they need to operate but after the operation also baby lower body will not work. What do do any suggestions?
I have 3 months old baby he is not getting enough milk. My milk supply is slow and very less. please tell me what to do. Even I am taking lactare capsules 2 per day.
My 4 month baby suffer from cough. I consult with the doctor she prescribed levolin syrup and tusq. But no relief both them please any other medicines.
The stress of a modern lifestyle have taken a toll on the mental health of the population all over the world. Earlier, it was adults who were mostly affected by the problems of depression, anxiety and stress. However, with the passage of time, even children are also suffering from major mental health problems, the roots of which again are anxiety, stress and depression.
Reasons behind it
Be it adults or children, the major cause of health issues is stress. Stress doesn’t only cause mental health problems, but serious physiological disorders as well such as hypertension, diabetes, heart diseases, sexual problems as well as other issues. If the anxiety or stress persists, it would then slowly develop into a pattern of the mind and then become conditioned, thus leading to depression. Nowadays, children are also being afflicted by depression. Similar to adults, depression in children is caused due to any combination of factors that are related to life events, physical health, family history, genetic vulnerability, environment and biochemical disturbance. It should be noted that depression is not just a passing phase. The symptoms are often left undiagnosed as well as untreated. This is because they are passed off as normal psychological and emotional changes that occur naturally during growth.
Some of the typical symptoms are:
1. Loss of interest in pleasurable activities such as hobbies or crafts which were pursued earlier eagerly
2. Loss of concentration
3. Sudden outbursts
4. Sleeping too much or sleeping too little, suddenly waking up early in the morning
5. Constant fatigue, decreased energy and being slower than usual at tasks
6. Excessively low appetite or increased appetite which would thus result in weight loss or binge eating resulting in weight gain
7. The development of physiological disorders which may stop responding to treatment. Many children develop headaches or digestion problems which aren’t resolved by medication.
8. Always sad or irritable or in a depressed mood
9. May find it difficult to sleep or concentrate on work and thus, studies and grades may suffer
10. Extreme and sudden mood changes accompanied by incessant crying
11. Suicidal thoughts
12. Loss of energy as well as lowered self esteem
With children, you have to be extra careful not to ill-diagnose the problems and if they persist for more than a few weeks, you should seek professional help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi, I was born with a baby girl yesterday, she have a bent right leg, the knee is towards back side (facing to wards the earth) while the other leg is fine I'm unable to understand what to do. Kindly help, suggest the treatments. Thank waiting for suggestions n treatments.
Toothache is a painful dental condition that affects many people worldwide. At times the excruciating pain can drive a normal person insane. Cavity and tooth decay contribute to toothache in a big way. However, toothache can also be an indication of some serious dental ailments that needs immediate attention. The following factors/reasons can equally contribute to toothache (mild or severe).
- Tooth decay: Tooth decay and cavities are synonymous to unhealthy teeth and toothache. Cavities can also give rise to awkward complications like bad breath. Thus, proper dental care and hygiene is of topmost priority. It is highly recommended to brush the teeth three times daily.
- Accidental falls: Accidents incurred during sports or games often go unnoticed and untreated. This can invite unwanted complications like broken teeth, infections or inflammations resulting in toothache.
- Unhealthy gums: Bleeding, painful and swollen gums and many other gum ailments can severely affect the teeth. At an advanced stage, this can lead to unbearable toothache.
- Bruxism: Many people knowingly or unknowingly indulge in Bruxism or tooth grinding. Bruxism can have serious dental implications. It exerts tremendous pressure on the teeth and the supporting tissues. Eventually the jaw muscles also get affected, with toothache being the inevitable consequence.
- Decaying enamel: Healthy enamel implies healthy teeth. Factors like excessive intake of sweets, drinks and chocolates play a significant role in enamel decay. This can have a detrimental effect on the teeth resulting in toothache.
- Abscess, a serious dental ailment: Abscess is the manifestation of dental infections, whereby pus formation takes place between the gum and a tooth. Pus formation can also take place at the base of a tooth resulting in toothache.
- Cracked tooth syndrome: A fractured tooth often acts as a catalyst, leading to toothache. The crack on the tooth is so small that even an x-ray fails to reveal it. Factors like bruxism, tooth decay, to name a few; contribute to the Cracked Tooth Syndrome.
- The wisdom mystery: Lucky are those whose wisdom teeth erupt completely, at a single go. Impacted wisdom teeth can give a person sleepless nights. Misaligned teeth are no better.
- Toothache and periodontal complications: It is a serious condition leading to shooting pain and inflammation. The inflammation and pain affects the root of the tooth immensely. It usually results from infections in plaque formations.
- Sinus infections: In many cases, it has been found that sinus infection can lead to toothache. Positioned close to the upper back teeth, the sinuses give rise to what is known as a dull ache.
Toothache can be an amalgamation of many factors. Thus, it is very important to go for periodical dental & full body check ups.