Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahesh
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MaheshYour feedback matters!
My 10 year old son has asthma. He used asthma preventer. What is the effect of using asthma preventer long term? I heard that using this for year might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any supplement or vitamin to help this vision?
I am Dr Abhishek Goyal, I am M.D. paediatrics, a child specialist. I am working with my own clinic and a nursing home with the name of Vaishnavi mother and child clinics.
Today I want to tell you regarding the vaccinations. Usually, parents ask me, sir, should we give all the vaccinations to the child, they are very costly. I suggest them this is a thing we should always vaccinate our child with all the vaccinations. As the thing is prevention is always better than cure. And for prevention, the various vaccinations are very important. There are very important vaccinations like in this scenario, we are getting so many patients of chicken pox. And for chicken pox, the vaccination we give to the child is very effective. If the baby is vaccinated, then the baby is at least 90-95% is cured or prevented from chicken pox.
- Secondly, if they get also chicken pox, it will be very mild. So according to same, there are so many vaccinations today we should give our neonates to the childhood. Like from the starting we should start from the B.C.G., O.P.V and Hepatitis B, which is given at the birth.
- Then after 1 ½ month, 2 ½ month and 3 ½ months there are 7 diseases from which vaccination can be given that is D.P.T. (diphtheria, pertussis and tetanus). Polio, injectable and oral according to the availability and H.I.P., Influenza-b and rota virus. With that hepatitis b is a very important vaccination also. One category is the meningococcal vaccine which is a very good vaccine for pneumonia.
- At 9 months, the measles or M.M.R.
- At 1 year, Hepatitis A for jaundice. For 15 months, we give M.M.R, chicken pox and at the age of 1 ½ years, it is d.p.t. booster and 2 years it is typhoid.
These days, typhoid vaccine has arrived which can be given earlier around 1 year. Same after that we usually forgot, that 4 ½ years is a very important milestone where the baby has to get the vaccinations which are M.M.R, 2, Chicken pox and D.P.T. And in ten years again the D.T. booster and in girls, it is the cervical cancer vaccine. So these all vaccines are there in all the vaccination charts and you should get your child vaccinated from all the deadly diseases.
For any further query, you can always contact me from the very good app called Lybrate app.
I am available on the Lybrate app.
Doctor, My son is infection of eye. Son'age is two months. What do my son to remove from infection of his eye?
My baby was about 2 months and she was continuously going motions what should be done to stop motions.
I have 8 month baby. Last 3 days she has refused milk at the same time if we give water to her. She will drink fully but at the same time 2 or 3 sucking .after she refuses the milk. She drinks formula milk from her 5 and half month onwards. Is milk refusing reduce her weight?
My 1 and half year old baby doing very hard stool. Today also found some blood traces. She is also not willing to eat.
Attention Deficit Disorder or ADD is a behavioral disorder that comprises impulsive behavior, inattentiveness and hyperactivity. This disorder tends to affect children more commonly, but the symptoms tend to disappear as one ages.
There are a number of symptoms for this disorder:
- Concentration problems: People affected by this disorder have problems in staying focused on routine tasks. You may have problems in listening to conversations, get distracted easily, overlook various important things and have trouble remembering various things.
- Being disorganized and forgetting things: You may exhibit symptoms such as having an extremely cluttered desk. You may also experience difficulties in completing projects and forgetting appointments. You may also lose track of time while doing important things.
- Emotional problems: Various emotional problems such as mood swings, hypersensitivity to criticism, problems in staying motivated and having low self-esteem are common signs of ADD. The disorder may also lead you to be extremely short tempered and be constantly frustrated.
- Hyperactivity: This symptom causes you to remain constantly agitated, unable to focus due to a racing mind, fidgeting constantly and talking excessively.
- Impulsivity: You will exhibit impulsive behavior such as not being able to exercise self-control, blurting out inappropriate comments and have certain addictive tendencies.
Attention Deficit Disorder can cause various problems in your life. Most of these are related to the following domains:
- Work related problems: You may constantly feel a sense of underachievement and will unable to meet your work responsibilities. You may be unable to meet deadlines, and face problems in filing paperwork.
- Relationship problems: This disorder takes a toll on your relationships such as it can create a rift between you and your family. They may feel that you are not sensitive to their concerns.
- Mental health problems: You may face various mental health problems such as drug abuse, anxiety, self-esteem issues and chronic stress.
Remedies for this disorder are:
- Get proper sleep: You should always aim to sleep for at least 6 hours every day. If you are well rested, then you will be more energetic and stress free.
- Regular exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep yourself fit and healthy. It can also help you avoid problems such as obesity.
- Improve your relationships: You should schedule time for your loved ones and engage with them. It may contribute to your overall mental well-being.