Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahesh Patwardhan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh PatwardhanYour feedback matters!
I am 28 year old woman. I got married 2 years ago. My sex life is good I want to get pregnant. Is it compulsory to have sex within 10-20 days after periods. How many chances to get pregnant after this period. Usually we come together after this please tell me.
Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled sacs in the ovaries, often in multiples, which are very common in women. This is absolutely different condition from polycystic ovaries. Most of them are benign and not indicative of an underlying problem. They produce no specific symptoms and even if detected, can be watched over a period of time. Treatment may be required only if there are serious symptoms or there is higher possibility of cancerous nature of the cyst. Read on to know more.
- Functional: There are two types in this. The follicular variety is when the egg that is ready for fertilization does not completely shrink and stays for a few more days before it disappears. Another variety, the luteal ovarian cysts are formed when after the release of the egg, there is blood filling up in the corpus luteum.
- Pathological: There are many types here – dermoid, cystadenomas, endometriomas, cancerous cystadenocarcinomas etc. These are worrisome and need to be treated. Both varieties, once identified, should be monitored. The functional variety, though may not cause a problem, can cause infertility and so necessitate treatment.
Any ovarian follicle larger than 2 cm can be called as an ovarian cyst. They are usually benign and do not produce any symptoms. However, if they turn pathologic or grow in size, they can cause various symptoms such as:
- Irregular menstruation
- Heavy bleeding
- Intermittent spotting
- Painful and/or frequent urination
- Severe, recurrent abdominal pain
- Abdominal bloating
- Constipation or loose motions
- Nausea, sudden vomiting
- Fever, dizziness, and weakness
While cysts are often quiet and do not produce any symptoms, they can cause intermittent, nonspecific symptoms like above. If there is a family history of ovarian cancers in mothers, maternal aunt, Sisters, Grandmothers etc then women should have regular Gynaecological checkups to have a check done for ovarian cysts.
Why go for laparoscopic surgery?
- Laparoscopic surgery is considered to be one of the most effective ways of treating the condition of ovarian cysts. During the surgery, problem causing non-cancerous cyst can be removed without harming the ovaries. In the case of cancer, both ovaries along with uterus etc may have to be removed. This decision is taken by the operating surgeon depending upon age of the patient, characteristics and nature of the cyst and future fertility desires of the patient.
- The patient is given general anesthesia during the surgery. After the surgery, one is suggested to rest for a day and may be permitted to return to normal activities within a day’s time. However, one needs to avoid any strenuous activity for almost a week.
- While some cysts can be watched for years, others need treatment. This would be specifically true in cases where the couple is facing infertility issues or if there is a higher possibility of cancerous cysts. Such cysts need urgent intervention and should be monitored by a gynecologist with an experience in oncology. There are few blood tests that are needed to be done to know the nature of the cyst if it is benign or cancerous.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
We are trying hard for another baby. From last four months but fertility not happened yet. Treatment is going on. All reports are normal. Suggest something.
I got married on june 6th. I have Pcod civior issue. It came to know after checked with doctor. Can I get the solution for that? Can pcod solve under any medicine immediately?
Hi There, Please advise as I am having mild pain in my left breast. Few days ago, I had small hard inflamed spot on the skin of my left breast but now it is fine I used soframycin over it, Kindly suggest me the solution, what should I do now? And what are the reasons for pain. Regards.
Hi mam I am 25 years . my last period date is 13th april 2015, but when I check with doctor my pregnancy was negative only so she gave me progesterone soft capsule 200mg for 5 days even I take 5 days still am not get my period, what is the problem suggest me anything?
If you are looking for an ideal natural remedy for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), you should consider undertaking homeopathic treatment. IBS is a health condition in which your large intestine, or the colon gets affected. It is a chronic condition and requires management on a long term basis. Homeopathy is effective for curing IBS, and several types of medicines are used for its treatment. Here is a list of the top homeopathic medicines used for curing IBS:
- Sulphur: This is one of the most common homeopathic medicines used for treating IBS and several other gastrointestinal conditions. It is used for IBS treatment when a patient experiences an increased urge for bowel movements. The stools are hard, knotty, and insufficient in amount. Early morning diarrhea is likely and the patient feels heaviness in his abdomen. The abdomen becomes sore and extra sensitive to pressure. This medicine is ideal for patients who are thin and weak.
- Pulsatilla: This medicine is ideal for curing IBS. When IBS influences the gastrointestinal tract and the urinary tract, the medicine is quite commonly prescribed. It is also prescribed to patients who experience distention of the abdomen, along with pressure and a rumbling sensation. Tightness in the abdomen is felt after taking any meal. The stools get affected and become watery and rumbling in nature.
- Nux Vomica: This medicine is prepared from a plant, which is commonly referred to as the poison nut. Along with treating several conditions related to the digestive, reproductive, and respiratory system, this medicine is effective in the treatment of IBS. It is prescribed for patients who experience constipation, which keeps on altering with diarrhea after purgative abuse. The patient experiences an increased and abnormal yearning for stools, and an unfinished sensation is felt after stools. Flatulent colic in the abdomen is likely, and small quantities of stools are passed at every attempt.
- Phosphorus: Phosphorus is another effective homeopathic medicine, which is prepared from inorganic phosphorous. After undertaking potentization, this drug is used for treating several conditions, which include IBS.
- Silicea: This is an ideal homeopathic medicine, which is used as a part of IBS treatment. It is used in patients who experience food aversion, appetite loss, and cannot tolerate meat or hot food. Bloating and colicky pain in the abdomen is indicated along with constipation. The stools are hard and difficult to pass. Diarrhea with foul odor may also develop in the patient. This medicine influences nutrition and is commonly used for children.
If you seek homeopathic treatment for IBS, you should consult a homeopathic practitioner. He will be able to prescribe you the best homeopathic remedies based on your condition, symptoms, and severity.