Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahesh Patwardhan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh PatwardhanYour feedback matters!
I have a sex with my wife without condom, after sex I gave her unwanted 72. Now next day she want to have ultrasound so the detail of sex or unwanted 72 comes in ultrasound or not. How many days should ultrasound done so the report of sex or unwanted 72 doesn't come.
INVO (intravaginal culture of oocytes), also called IVC (Intravaginal culture) is an abetted procedure of reproduction where early embryo development and oocyte fertilization are carried out inside a gas penetrable, air-free plastic tool or device that is placed into the maternal vaginal chamber for incubation. It is a device that helps the future mothers to participate in the evolution and growth of their own embryos present inside their body. The device is composed of an inner cavity with a protective outer rigid shell and a rotating valve.
It can be used for IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) cycles; whether with the mother's own eggs or any donor's eggs. It provides the same successful results as conventional treatments. It works in a very simple way:- when the requisite samples to produce embryos have been acquired or when the eggs have been impregnated in the laboratory, they together with culture medium are placed into the INVOcell device and then the device is inserted into the vagina of the mother and there it is kept for two to three days (for 72 hours culture period). Throughout this time, the mother can lead a practically normal life but she needs to elude taking bath, having intercourse or flying during those days on which she is wearing it.
When fertilisation takes place, it will be the mother's own heat which will supply the best conditions for the proper development of the embryos. Once they are set and ready, the doctor will remove the INVO from the mother's vagina to recover the embryos. The embryos are then evaluated under the microscope to choose the healthiest-looking ones to transfer them into the uterus. Within the uterus they will be embedded in order to begin developing.
Advantages of INVO are:
- It is one of the most cost-effective assisted conception treatments.
- In this method, the embryo incubation is more natural.
- Since in this whole process embryo incubation in the laboratory isn’t required, the possibility of stumbling at the laboratory is diminished.
- In this method, the couple experiencing the treatment is involved more.
- This method has similar efficacy as the IVF treatments.
Disadvantages of INVO are:
- Since the device has to remain for three days in the mother's vagina, it causes some discomfort.
- The patient has to spend much time in the assisted reproduction clinic and visit it more often.
The studies suggest that it could be a usable alternative choice for assisted reproduction.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I feel itchy around the mons pubis and around the vulva area. My vaginal discharge looks like thick cheesy color. And also itchy around perianal area. What should it be? And how I can treat this.
Allergy is a response of the immune system. It only occurs when a harmless substance attacks the body and it tries to attack it by creating antibodies as a triggering response. While there could be a lot of triggering agents, some of the basic ones include dust, food, and dander. Conventional allergies can be easily treated with medicines and environment changes whereas chronic allergies need medical attention. Either way there exists some great natural supplements which when applied can immediately deal with seasonal and occasional allergies:
- Probiotics: Natural probiotic supplements include kombucha, yogurt, sauerkraut etc. They are known to assist the immune system and can alter the course of allergy. The fermentation of probiotic produces good bacteria that assist the immune system.
- Quercetin: It is a bioflavonoid that can be found in beans, onions, red wine, leafy vegetables, apples, etc. They have anti-oxide and anti-inflammatory properties can give allergies a run for their money. Research suggests that quercetin contains certain substances that successfully block allergy creating elements.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D plays get strokes in fighting allergies and setting the immune system right. They can successfully stop the development of allergies in the body. The body fetches the right level of vitamin D with a 10 minutes walk in the sunlight.
- Stinging Nettle: This is a plant that effectively counters allergy by fighting with symptoms such as a headache, anaphylaxis, migraines etc. The anti-inflammatory properties of this herb fight allergy symptoms instantly.
- Butterbur: This again is a herb that contains medicinal properties and can successfully counter allergic symptoms. A study found that butterbur is as effective as a certain allergic medicine such as Zyrtec. Another good thing about this supplement is the fact that they do not put a person to sleep like other allergic drugs.
- Steam inhalation: When hot steam is accompanied with eucalyptus oil, tea tree, rosemary oil, myrtle oil and inhaled for about 20 minutes, instant relief is expected. For patients with chronic allergy, this natural supplement can be tried twice in a day.
- Lemon oil: Lemon oil is one of the versatile agents for treating allergies. It fixes the immune system, drains lymphatic fluid and detoxifies liver toxins. They can also be used as a disinfectant for washing clothes and home.
- Honey: Honey is one of the most tested agents for countering allergy. They can create greater tolerance to pollens and is widely considered as one of the most effective long-term solutions for chronic allergy patients.
- Turmeric: Turmeric contains curcumin that is extremely effective for treating cold and allergy. Being a disinfectant, turmeric can instantly arrest allergic symptoms.
- Astragalus: It is a Chinese herb, which has proved to be mighty effective for treating allergy over the years. Its anti-inflammatory properties can arrest allergic symptoms such as sneezing, asthma and itching.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Despite regular use of pills I m pregnant of 5 Weeks. Is there any harm to the baby on account of pills?
How can I improve my chances of becoming a dad? Its already coming to complete 1 year but my wife have not got any pregnancy. What would be the reason. Please let me know Thank you.
1) Recognize the early warning signs of dehydration.
These can include dark yellow urine, loss of energy, dizziness, loss of coordination, cramps, headaches, or unusual fatigue. If left untreated, more extreme symptoms can occur.
2) Allow for acclimation.
Acclimation is the body's adaptation to a hot environment. Slowly increase practice intensity and duration over the first two weeks of training. Most cases of heat illness occur in the first 2 to 3 days of training.
3) Drink up.
Once acclimated, fluid intake needs to be greater because sweat losses will be higher.
4) Have fluids within arm's reach.
Fluids should be easily accessible during workouts, practices and games.
5) Don't rely on thirst.
Drink during exercise to minimize
6) Favor sports drinks over water.
Research demonstrates that the carbohydrate in sports drinks fuels muscle 2,3,4,5 and sodium encourages voluntary drinking and promotes hydration.1,6,7
7) Drink it. Don't pour it.
Pouring fluid over your head may feel great but won't help restore body fluids or lower body temperature.
8) Exercise in the morning or evening.
This is when the weather is coolest. Also, avoid the direct sun to minimize radiant heat from the sun and hot playing surfaces.
9) Dress for the weather.
Keeping cool in hot weather means wearing fewer clothes and frequently removing gear like helmets during breaks.
10) Break it up.
Increase the frequency and duration.
In today’s stressful environment, many couples who are not able to conceive naturally are considering alternate solutions such as in vitro fertilisation (IVF) treatment. Trying to get pregnant through IVF treatment is a lengthy and complex process. Other techniques such as endometrial scratching or endometrial biopsy are worth learning about when it comes to such processes which can be radically life changing.
What is endometrial scratching?
As explained in high school biology textbooks, an embryo eventually gets transferred to the womb where it is embedded. Endometrial scratching is an attempt to improve the rate at which the embryos get transferred to the womb of a woman.
This is done by making a small scratch on the uterus which serves to hasten the growth of the new tissue, which is essentially the body’s reaction to the scratch. Proponents of this process believe that this growth of new tissue goes a long way in improving the degree of responsiveness of the womb to the embryo when it comes to accepting it.
How it can help?
While detractors do exist, it is to be kept in mind that there are some great potential benefits of undergoing this procedure and that is, it can possibly improve the efficacy of the IVF treatment. Taking into account the amount of effort and expense that goes into a course of treatment, it does appeal to a lot of women to go for endometrial scratching, and it can be said that it does make sense. When it comes to choosing the ideal time to undergo this procedure, a woman can schedule a slot, a week after ovulation, as this is also likely to be a week before the IVF treatment begins, if a woman plans on having it.
If a woman is interested in the prospect of endometrial scratching, she should talk to a doctor who is a specialist in the field of gynaecology and has a proven track record. The doctor would list out the benefits and risks of the same and be a good judge of whether she is a good candidate for endometrial scratching. For those women who have tried IVF a couple of times previously, but have not been able to conceive may find endometrial scratching beneficial. So, most women who are giving IVF a go for the first time do not have much of a need to sign up for endometrial scratching. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.