Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh PataniYour feedback matters!
I am taking ayurvedic medicines saribasavam and sukumaran kashaya to get regular periods. We have been trying to conceive. Will these medicines causes miscarriage if I get pregnant.
I am suffering from two uterine fibroid of 5 cm each. Is this possible to remove fibroids by laproscopic surgery. I have no child also.
I am suffering from pain in the centre of lower stomach (birth cage area). I also missed my periods last month. After that I feel that pain. It stay constantly. My mood also swings. Why I do not know. Suddenly crying. And become suddenly stressed. Why that happen to me.
I am not having my periods since 3 months. I don't know what the problem is. I am not pregnant. Pls give some suggestions.
Dear Doctor, good evening! I am 4 months pregnant and used to get blood spotting from 2nd months onwards quite frequently. However it got stopped almost for 18 days after taking injection and sustain tablet. In 25th Nov morning again I got bleeding one time so did emergency scan. Everything was normal. Today my doctor asked me to meet her senior doctor and after examine she told me to do one scan tomorrow again and told the my cervix measured is 3.2 cms only which normally should be 3.5 to 4.5. Hence if the same distance will come in tomorrow's scan also then she suggest me to do internal tightening stich. But then she mentioned that 1 percent abortion risk will be there and if I don't do the stitching also risk will be there. I request you all the doctors to please help me to find out the solution to keep my baby safe and healthy. I am sure you all will be having different experience like my case. I really expect helpful solution please. This is my first pregnancy.
It is very important to take care of your physical well-being as it may have a direct relationship with your sexual performance. Having unhealthy eating and lifestyle habits can put you out of shape sexually, emotionally and physically.
Here's how being out of form can affect your sex life:
- It can affect your confidence levels - Problems with your body weight can seriously affect your confidence levels, and consequently your sex life. Being confident of yourself and what you do is vital for having great sex. Issues with your confidence and a negative perception of yourself can make you feel inadequate, thereby causing problems in your sex life.
- It can suck out all your energy - In order for you to enjoy or have longer sex sessions, you need to be at your fittest levels. Being overweight or not in shape can prevent you from enjoying the sexual activity or sustaining the session as you would be all out of energy.
- It can affect your thoughts - Getting caught up in thoughts about your weight or what is going on in the mind of your partner can have a serious impact on your sexual performance. In fact, your weight can hamper the healthy thoughts that may form during these moments that you share with your partner. Ideally, your thoughts should be focused on the act so that you're able to fully enjoy the activity.
- It can affect what you experience - Your weight issues can hamper your ability to have quality sex and cause you to have short sessions. The quality of what you experience with your partner can get affected if you lack confidence and don't focus on what is happening in front of you. More importantly, one shouldn't mistake quality sex as the number of sex positions known or the duration of the activity. Quality sex takes place only when both the partners enjoy the act and derive maximum pleasure and satisfaction out of it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I am 26 year old, I am trying to conceive last one year but not succeed then consult gyneco. Suggest IUI nd described me table clomipine 50 mg for 5 days nd tab. Goecyst last month my first IUI failed nd my follicle size 17 mm how to increase my follicle size please suggest me.
Sir I want to know that I had an unprotected sex wth my bf yesterday n taken unwanted 72 pills before 12 hrs and my last periods finished date was 4 so is there any chance of pregnancy pls Dr. Help me
Me and my girlfriend had sex. I only inserted the penis about 4 inches into her vagina. I wanted to know whether she will get pregnant with my precum. It has been 10 days since the intercourse and now she's showing signs o pregnancy like vomiting, nausea,abdominal gas etc. It was on the 2nd day after her period. Please help me.
I am a 23 year old male and my girlfriend is 21 years old. She was in menstruation from 10th July to 16th July, 2016. On 23rd July, 2016, we had unprotected sex. However, only my penis head could enter her vagina in the act that too for half a minute or so only. She is afraid of getting pregnant. She wants to consume an I pill. However, one and half year ago, she had consumed an I pill when we had unprotected sex for the first time. Will it be safe to consume I pill second time now? Can this create any pregnancy complications for her in future? Please advice.
Dyspareunia is a phenomenon noticed in both males and females, but more frequently in females. It refers to recurring pain during or after sexual intercourse. Such kind of pain affects female genitalia usually the vagina, clitoris, or at times the depths of the pelvis. This pain is often accompanied by a burning, itching or throbbing sensation which can prove to be extremely discomforting if left unattended. Thankfully, a careful examination of symptoms leading to Dyspareunia and its early diagnosis can improve a person's sexual health.
Indicators of this deep rooted problem
- Pain can occur during penetration in and around the vagina, urethra or the bladder.
- Pain can be a new occurrence after earlier instances of painless intercourse.
- It can be felt throughout intercourse in places, such as deep in the pelvis or even after intercourse.
- The intensity of the ache is sometimes sharp and at other times, it is as piercing as menstrual cramps.
- It need not necessarily be associated with intercourse; pain can be experienced during any kind of penetration. Thus, using a tampon or a moon cup can also result in soreness.
- Skin diseases can either be a symptom or a root cause leading to the problem. Skin problems, such as Psoriasis or Lichen Sclerosus should not be taken lightly.
- Tightening of vaginal muscles at the beginning of intercourse may or may not be superficial pain. In most cases, it is identified as Vaginismus but it can also be a symptom of acute Dyspareunia.
Ways to nip the pain in the bud
- While, usually, pain during sexual intercourse is a result of adolescence or a traumatic sexual history, it can also be the result of a physiological problem contracted at birth. However, treatment in any situation is necessary to enable smooth functioning of one's life.
- Injectable corticosteroids might prove to be helpful.
- There are oral medications to remedy the problem; antibiotics and antifungal medicines.
- Increase in estrogen levels through the use of the drug Osphena helps in curing frailty of vaginal tissues.
Precautionary measures to be followed at home
- Taking a warm bath before intercourse can lead to betterment.
- It is best to avoid sex when in stress. Both partners should be relaxed to ensure a complete lack of pain.
- After sex pain can be relieved by applying an ice pack around the vulva.
- Urinating before sex can be helpful. It is also good to use water soluble lubricants for stimulation.
I am 20 years age. Will there be any side effects if I'll take abortion pill within 12 week of pregnancy. thanks.
What is ovulation. Is ovulation important in conceiving baby boy. My wife's periods starts from 15 of every month. What would be ovulation in this.
I do sex with my girl in periods time. It is good or bad to her health? She get any problem? Due to sex in her periods time any changes of pregnancy??
Limit carbohydrates; high insulin levels appear to inhibit ovulation in place of bad carbs like cookies cakes white bread and white rice include good carbs which contain fiber like fruit vegetables beans and whole grains.
Bean diet; plant protein comes with healthy fats and is relatively low in calories and can be helpful for weight loss
Go leafy; leafy greens like spinach romaine arugula broccoli and other dark leafy greens are high in folate, a b vitamins that improve ovulation
Whole milk; consume one or two servings a day of whole milk or other full-fat dairy foods such as yogurt as less non and low-fat dairy
No trans fat; avoid trans fats (found primarily in baked and snack foods animal products french fries and margarine) which increase insulin resistance
This is in reference with my wife who survived a stroke in Sep 2015. She has shown good recovery since then but yet unable to speak and her movements are very slow, I want to know if CITICOLINE will be a helpful drug to expedite her recovery in terms of movement and speech. Any help on her will be greatly appreciated.
Roadside accidents are common and they lead to many health problems in which some may require amputation for removal of one of the limbs to save the life of a person.
Amputation is a life-saving procedure by which a part of the body that has suffered irreversible damage is surgically removed. Amputation is only carried out as a last resort when the infection/ decay spread to the other parts of the body.
Why is this procedure needed?
The most common cause of amputation is blockage of blood circulation. Without blood, the tissues do not get oxygen and begin to decay, and an amputation is carried out to stop the damage from spreading to other tissues. As stated above, an amputation is carried out only as a last resort. The surgeon checks the infected part for the following to make sure that an amputation is required:
- Checking for a pulse close to the region where the cut is to be performed
- Comparing skin temperatures with the affected limb
The surgeon tries to bypass arterial blood from the nearest artery to the affected region to rejuvenate the cells. Some reasons of amputation are:
- Severe injury (extreme burns/ vehicular accidents)
- Cancerous tumor in the bone or muscle
- Serious infection, which has stopped responding to antibiotics
- Thickening of nerve tissue called neuroma
Risks and complications of amputation
Risk of complication is lower in planned amputations than in emergency amputations. In the case of a planned amputation, the surgeon will shape individual muscles for future prosthetic limbs, smooth out rough bones and bone fragments and take care of all the loose ends of the procedure. In emergency amputations, however, the limb is amputated very fast and bleeding is stopped as soon as possible. The following complications may arise as a result of amputation procedures:
- Heart complications
- Venous blood clots
- Slow wound healing or infection of the wound
- Stump or "phantom limb" pain
- Psychological problems