Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Hi I had unprotected sex with my fiance. Took the ipill with in 24 hours but after 3 days it started bleeding. Is it normal. Have any chances getting pregnant. Got my last periods on 24 th april ie last month. Im worried please help me out.
Obstruction of the bile duct is characterized by the blockage of the bile duct. The function of the bile ducts is to transport bile to your small intestine. The bile is excreted in order to digest fats from the food.
There are two types of bile ducts in the body:
- Intrahepatic ducts: These ducts are small tube like structures that carry the bile to extrahepatic ducts
- Extrahepatic ducts: Extrahepatic ducts are two ducts that descend from the liver into the body's small intestine
The bile comprises of waste products, bile salts and cholesterol. The liver secretes bile which flows through the bile ducts and is stored in the gallbladder. If the bile ducts are blocked then the bile accumulates in the liver and can lead to jaundice.
Certain causes of this particular condition are mentioned below:
- Bile duct obstruction may result from gallstones
- If you have inflammation in your bile ducts
- Narrowing of the bile ducts
- Enlargement of the lymph nodes
- Bile duct tumors
- Tumors in the pancreas
- Various infections such as hepatitis
- Liver complications such as cirrhosis
- Various parasites may lead to bile obstruction
- Inflammation of the pancreas
- If you have weak immune systems, then it may lead to infections that may result in bile duct obstructions
The symptoms are:
- You may experience yellowish skin
- You may have symptoms of fever and vomiting
- Abdominal pain especially in the upper part
- Stools may be light colored
- You may pass urine that is dark in color
The various treatment options for obstruction of the bile duct are surgeries that remove the blockage. Other treatment options are an ERCP (Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography) and a cholecystectomy which is the process of removal of the gallbladder. ERCP is another procedure that is used to get rid of gallstones from the gallbladder. You may prevent it by consuming a lot of fiber in your diet. Make lifestyle changes such as exercising on a regular basis and eating healthy.
I am trying for pregnancy from last 8 months. Doctor prescribed me first come300 and progesterone supplement for 3 months. Then he prescribed fineova40 and progesterone supplement again. But still I have not conceived. All my reports are normal. Husband's also. Is my treatment is proper? I become very frustrated. please reply.
How to increase my breast milk the milk is not there to feed my child. My child is not even touching it she is just 12 days old how I can make her to drink my milk please suggest.
PCOS a common problem with women of present generation can be very well treated with Homeopathy
So this happened and me and my gf are freaking out. My girlfriend sucked my penis and some cum definitely went inside her mouth. Then she sucked my finger for a while. Then I fingered her using the same finger.(i touched her clitoris). We're worried that the cum from her saliva could've entered her through my finger. Is there a chance of her getting pregnant? if so how big is it? and what can we do now to prevent it? (it's been 6 days) ps: she's still a virgin, we've never had sex before. Pps: I fingered her on an afternoon and on the same evening she got her periods.
I had a miscarriage of 2 months on 20th June this year and I meet a gynec as me and my husband are planning for a baby post miscarriage. She then told me to start with folvite tablet. I am taking that tablet from past one month. I did not get my period as my due date was 24th of this month. Am I pregnant or there is a side effect of tablet folvite.
I had unprotected sex with my husband on Nov 17th and I took postpone 72 on 18th. Then I got withdrawal bleeding Nov 24th to 26th. But my last periods date Nov 7th to 13th. Then I got periods on Dec 20th to 23th. This Jan I didn't get periods till now. When will I get my periods? Is any chance of pregnancy?
hi, I had breast but no nipple, is there problem after married and after baby. Is there any treatment for this problem. Please suggest some way.
I'm 22 years (female) I've read about binaural beats and found out that the delta waves of this binaural beat can release the HGH and even thumb pad massage and neck massage too help the pituitary gland to produce more HGH. Will this help me to grow few more inch? I'm so curious, please help.
Meri wife four month and fifteen days about se pregnet hain aur abhi hume baby nhi chahiye isliye hum abortion karwana chahte hain kya ye possibal hain please help me aur hain to kaise.
- Heart: smoking is the biggest risk factor for all heart diseases. It accelerates the process of fat deposition in the inner walls of arteries (atherosclerosis). It increases blood pressure and heart rate. Not only these, smoking increases tendency for the blood to clot. It reduces the capacity of a person to exercise.
- Lungs: smoking destroys small hairs present in upper parts of airways. In normal persons these hairs protect lungs from germs, dust and other harmful particles. When this natural cleaning system is damaged germs, dust, smoke and other harmful chemicals enter lungs causing infection, cough and lung cancer. The air sacs of lungs (alveoli) get permanently damaged causing difficulty in breathing.
- Digestive system: smoking causes heart burn, delays healing of peptic ulcers, increases risk of crohn’s disease and formation of gall stones. It affects liver and increases chances of stomach cancer.
- Legs: smoking affects blood vessels of legs causing chronic pain in legs. This may further progress to cause gangrene of toes or feet.
- Eyes: the sensitive blood vessels of eye are easily damaged by smoking. This causes blood shot appearance of eyes and itching. In heavy smokers it may lead to degeneration and loss of eyesight. Smokers are at an increased risk of cataracts.
- Skin: due to smoking the skin is deprived of oxygen and it loses its texture. An average smoker looks 5 years older than his healthy non smoking counterparts. The skin loses its healthy glow and takes on a yellowish-gray cast. The more cigarettes smoked, the worse skin will look. Wrinkles start appearing very quickly as smoking affects elastic tissues of skin.
- Bones: it accelerates the process of osteoporosis
- Cancer: smoking causes cancer of lungs, larynx, oral cavity, pharynx, oesophagus and bladder. Tobacco smoke contains more than 60 substances which cause cancer. 87% lung cancer death occurs due to smoking.
- Reproductive system: smoking reduces fertility in both men and women.
- In women: smoking imbalances estrogen hormone in women. It causes dryness of vagina and reduces blood flow to genital organs. Women who smoke can get diseases of fallopian tubes and their egg production is affected. Smoking can cause abortion. It accelerates aging process and can cause early menopause.
- The growth of baby retards when mother smokes in pregnancy. It affects the brain development of baby and reduces iq. This happens even when mother is a passive smoker. The chances of miscarriage, premature birth and fetal death increase.
- In men: smoking impairs erections and can become a reason for erectile dysfunction. It also reduces sperm count and impairs sperm motility. But these are reversed after stopping smoking.
Hence quit smoking. Quitting smoking has immediate as well as long-term benefits for you and your loved ones