Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh BhareYour feedback matters!
Pain during or after sexual intercourse is known as dyspareunia. Although this problem can affect men, it is more common in women. Women with dyspareunia may have pain in the vagina, clitoris or labia. There are numerous causes of dyspareunia, many of which are treatable.
Common causes include the following:
- Vaginal dryness
- Atrophic vaginitis, a common condition causing thinning of the vaginal lining in postmenopausal women
- Side effects of drugs such as antihistamines and tamoxifen (Nolvadex and other brands)
- An allergic reaction to clothing, spermicides or douches
- Endometriosis, an often painful condition in which tissue from the uterine lining migrates and grows abnormally inside the pelvis
- Inflammation of the area surrounding the vaginal opening, called vulvar vestibulitis
- Skin diseases, such as lichen planus and lichen sclerosus, affecting the vaginal area
- Urinary tract infections, vaginal yeast infections, or sexually transmitted diseases
- Psychological trauma, often stemming from a past history of sexual abuse or trauma.
Symptoms of Dyspareunia:
Women with dyspareunia may feel superficial pain at the entrance of the vagina or deeper pain during penetration or thrusting of the penis. Some women also may experience severe tightening of the vaginal muscles during penetration, a condition called vaginismus.
Your health practitioner will check for the following things
- If there was ever a time you had painless intercourse or if you have always had dyspareunia
- If you have enough natural lubrication and if your symptoms improve when you use commercially available lubricants
- About your sexual history (to help assess your risk for sexually transmitted infections)
- If you have ever been sexually abused or had a traumatic injury involving your genitals.
- Lubrication with an over-the-counter lubricant such as K-Y jelly.
- Antifungal medication(if you have any kind of fungal infection)
- Sitz baths for removing the inflammation
- For skin diseases affecting the vaginal area, lichen sclerosus and lichen planus often improve with steroid creams.
- Therapies include topical estrogen cream, low-dose pain medications, and physical therapy with biofeedback to lower the muscle tension in the pelvic floor
- Surgeries can also be prescribed for abnormal growths
For dyspareunia that has no apparent physical cause or has lasted for months or years, you may need psychological counseling to address stress or anxiety regarding sexual intercourse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Masturbation is a wonderful way to explore your physicality which is healthy as well as beneficial. According to research, women who masturbate regularly are likely to enjoy better sex lives with their partners and are more self confident in nature. Women who indulge in masturbation enjoy a wealth of physical as well as mental health benefits. Following are the benefits that you should be aware of:
Physical benefits of female masturbation:
- Prevention of infections: Female masturbation is very important as it prevents cervical infections and also relieves you from infections in the urinary tract. Recent studies suggest that masturbation helps relieve you from pain caused by urinary tract infections. It lubricates the vagina and eliminates harmful bacteria from the cervix.
- Better cardiovascular health: Masturbating promotes improvement in cardiovascular health and also effectively lowers the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. It has been observed that women who masturbate regularly are less vulnerable to coronary heart disease and overall have a better immune system.
- Prevents insomnia: Masturbation can be a natural way to prevent insomnia as there is a subsequent release of hormones and stress involved. During masturbation the hormone called Dopamine increases as the process reaches climax. After orgasm, the hormones called oxytocin are released along with endorphins which consequently help you to sleep better.
Psychological or mental benefits of masturbation
- Improves mood and busts stress: Masturbation helps you get rid of depressed feelings and in turn positively affects your sexual life with your partner. It improves your mood and is considered an effective stress buster without any associated side effects.
- Helps you accept yourself: Accepting your sexuality is very important as it makes you aware of your body and makes you comfortable with it. It strengthens your love for yourself and increases your confidence. Paying attention to your sexual desires and fulfilling them yourselves is pleasurable as well as healthy. Masturbation can help you know your physical needs and relieve stress associated to your personal and professional life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Healthiest butter substitute options
1. Coconut oil and coconut butter
Coconut oil may be getting a bit of a bad rap lately with new studies that have been published by the american heart association claiming it’s unhealthy to eat. In moderation, though, coconut oil is a healthy choice — perhaps the problem is people are overdoing it.
However, it’s delicious to cook with and makes a great spread on muffins or toast. Equally, it’s great in homemade recipes, such as my energy balls. Like coconut oil, coconut butter is delicious and can add just the right sweetness and toasty coconut flavor to most any dish.
2. Shea butter
Yes, you read that right. Shea butter does more than help promote healthy skin. It’s an alternative to butter and often used instead of cocoa butter. It’s edible and filled with antioxidants, essential fatty acids and vitamin e.
If you’re a label-reader, you’ve probably noticed it in the ingredients list of some dark chocolate treats. You can simply use a small amount of shea butter in place of regular butter in just about anything. Make sure to purchase pure, unrefined versions, and I suggest purchasing small amounts as it tend to go rancid quickly.
3. Cocoa butter
Cocoa butter is another alternative to butter and is considered a healthy fat. It’s used to make chocolate and is high in antioxidants, providing amazing polyphenols. According to one study, the polyphenols are so great that it may actually help lower the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Some of the other benefits are improved immunity and lowering inflammation within the body. Like shea butter, make sure to get 100 percent pure versions with no additives. Try using it in baking instead of regular butter.
4. Mashed avocado
Mashed avocado is one of my favorite healthy fats, and with the recent popularity of avocado toast, i’m not the only one who loves it. Avocado makes a nice spread when mashed, is delicious on eggs and adds an amazing creaminess to your smoothie, all while offering the nutritional benefits of fiber and loads of phytonutrients. Additionally, research has shown it may help reduce the growth of cancer cells and inflammation.
Hummus is one of my favorite ways to flavor just about anything and is part of a healthy mediterranean diet. It’s typically made from chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic and tahini as the main ingredients, offering tons of fiber, protein, vitamin b6 and other nutritional benefits, but it can be made from black beans, lentils and even vegetables. It’s a great topping on sauteed vegetables, eggs, mixed greens or as a snack with raw vegetables. Hummus is commonly eaten with pita triangles, but you can skip the bread and opt for celery if you’re watching your wheat and gluten intake.
6. Extra virgin olive oil
Extra virgin olive oil is a great way to add a little flavor to sourdough bread, toast or grilled meat, to name a few. While you don’t need much, it’s a great way to gain some added benefits, such as lowering inflammation, the risk of heart disease, depression and dementia.
With all of that in mind, unfortunately, not all olive oil is created equally. Just make sure you get the real thing; there is a lot of fake olive oil out there. Watch out for virgin olive oil that costs less than $10 a liter, look for a seal from the international olive oil council and check for a harvesting date on the label. Additionally, if it’s labeled light, pure or a blend, it isn’t real, pure virgin olive oil.
Applesauce is great for baking or to add a little flavor to your oatmeal or chia pudding. You get fiber, vitamin c and that perfect touch of sweetness without a lot of calories. There’s some sugar to think about, however. Read the label and be conscious of how much you use. Try spreading thinly or mix it with a little nut butter for a delicious, healthy blend.
8. Dairy-free yogurt
Dairy-free yogurt, such as coconut yogurt or almond yogurt, blended with a little cinnamon can be delicious on toast. There are many of options out there for anyone who really needs to watch dairy consumption. Dairy-free yogurt can be a great alternative and helps strengthen bones.
Regardless, watch the label. I cannot stress this enough, especially with new foods popping up everywhere trying to cash in on a trend, such as no dairy. Most of the dairy-free options still have added sugar and more. You can easily find the plain, no-sugar versions if you look for them, however. Go for those and you can create an amazingly, healthy, dairy-free chia pudding, use it on your favorite mexican dish like sour cream and more. Also, many have the probiotics that can help treat leaky gut.
9. Chicken stock, vegetable stock and bone broth
Chicken stock, vegetable stock and bone broth are great for sautéing. You won’t even miss the butter! the stock or broth can help keep foods juicy and tender while adding delicious flavor and nutrients, even helping with digestion, arthritis and cellulite while boosting the immune system.
10. Nut butters
Nut butters, such as almond butter, cashew butter and peanut butter, are great on celery sticks, bananas, toast or even a vegetable sauté for a quick and easy thai dish. Almond butter, for example, contains vitamin e, iron and magnesium.
The key here is to be conscious of just how much. Two tablespoons is a serving, which comes in at about 180 calories. Also, you need to read labels since most add tons of sugar and oils. Either grind your own or purchase those that contain nuts only. Sea salt is fine, but avoid added oils and sugars.
11. Pumpkin puree
Pumpkin puree is a great option to add to plain yogurt, breads, coffee cakes and muffins. You gain nutrients like vitamin k, potassium and fiber with just a few extra calories. Use ¾ cup of pumpkin puree for every cup of butter called for in a recipe.
12. Nutritional yeast
Nutritional yeast is often forgotten but is great for seasoning most anything if you want a cheesy flavor. It also contains nutritional benefits, such as being an immune booster and contains protein, b6 and b12, making it a vegan must-have. It’s quite the superfood, but what is nutritional yeast? it’s an inactive yeast made from sugarcane and beet molasses. It’s found in most health food stores on the shelf or in the bulk section, typically as a powder of flakes.
Hi I am 2 mnth pregnant and heartbeat Mr. shown in scan still my period is irregular Dr. suggests to abort bt I feeling lik to wait what's your suggestion pls let me knw I am too confused.
Me and my wife did sex without protection. But when the ejaculation time came I took outside. But I guess lil sperm goes into her vagina. She took i-pill some days ago. So she can not take anymore. What should I do to prevent her pregnancy?
HIGH-END USE OF BACHFLOWER REMEDIES OF ENGLAND IN THE EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT OF EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE.
The disharmony, diseases are caused by Restraints, Fear, Restlessness, Indecision, Indifference and Disappointment. Weakness, Over- Enthusiasm, Ignorance, Impatience, Terror and grief. In this juncture, Love, Peace, Hope, Joy, Faith, Certainty and Wisdom are seven beautiful stages in the healing of disease and disharmony of soul, mind and body.
We have prepared some combinations of BACH FLOWER REMEDIES OF ENGLAND which are very common in most of prescriptions.
(1) Mind and Health:
Disharmony - Bach Remedy
Tiredness of Body - Olive/ Aswaganda
Brain tired - Walnut, Surabha
Dread - Horn beam
To get God’s grace - Sweet chest nut
(b) Health Insurance : Water violet + Red chest nut
(c) Doctor’s Tonic :Red Chest nut + Cerato
(d) I.C. unit Kit
Red chest nut + Rock Rose + Gorse + Sweet chest nut for relatives.
(2) Mind and wealth
(a) Prayer Pills
Disharmony Bach Remedy
Abject despair Sweet Chest nut
Settled despair Gorse
(b) To buy own house
Purity / To get rid of - Crabapple, Theprosia spp.
Afraid of Fear - Aspen
Abject despair / To get God’s grace- Sweet chest nut
Hopeless/settled despair - Gorse
To want basic requirements - Chicory
C) For family Problems: Mustard + Vine + Chestnutbud.
D) For the Settlement of marriage: Parents : Sweet chestnut + Walnut / Surabha; Bride / Bridegrooms: Elm.
E) To earn lot of money / respect: Agrimony + Oak.
3) MIND AND EDUCATION
a) Memory Complex : Slowliness in Learning – Chestnutbud;
Unsteadiness of mind-Scleranthus;
Lack of self-confidence-Larch;
Balmes others for our own mistakes-willow;
Regret over missed chances-Honey suckle.
b) Teacher / Lecture/ Professor: Elm + Chestnutbud + Walnut.
c) Scientist / Researcher : Estare – de- colonge.
d) Written exam / Interview: Pine and Rock rose (+Elm)
e)Business executives: Elm+Water violet+Impatiens + Walnut + Chestnutbud / Red chestnut.
(4) MIND AND RELATIONS:
a) Family Problems: Chestnutbud + Vine + Mustard.
b) Life / Lifetime Problems: Mustard
c) In-Laws Problems: Elm
d) Maharaja Yogam: Chestnutbud + Gentian + Honeysuckle for men.
e) Mahalaximi Yogam : Elm / Mustard + Rockrose for women.
(5) MIND AND SOCIETY:
a) De-addiction/ Anti chain – Smoking remedy:
Clear case of addition indeed-Walnut;
Unsteadiness of mind-Scleranthus
To forget worries-Agimony;
The status monger – Vine
Irresistible temptation – Cherry plum;
Celebrative monger – Wild rose
b) Anti-corruption formula: Rock water + Chicory + Gorse
c) Love marriage: Parents: Rock water + Redchestnut + Chicory + Mustard + Sweet chestnut.
Bride / Bridegrooms: Elm/Mustard.
(6) MIND AND ENLIGHTMENT / ETERNAL BLISS:
a) Karma Yoga – Impatients
b) Gana Yoga (To get God’s grace) – Sweet chestnut
c) Samaya Yoga (Living in present) – Clematis
d) Maha Samadhi (Transcendental Meditation) – Mustard.
From time immemorial, The most of available medical treatments are a stereotyped method where human are treated like animals and thus the patients suffer from side effects. Thus we call Intelligence moderation therapy as human medicine because every victim / patient is individualized. Again, let us reiterate, here we are not doing any psycho-analysis of disharmony / patient , We have just and only given the classification as it exists and found by every one of us. Further research have been needed to confirm all intellectual aspects of disharmony and diverse diseases.
I have healthy eating habits. Still I suffer from alott abdomen pain in my periods for first 2 days. And also loose my weight n become week.
Doctors believe that all women are born with a certain quantity of eggs as well as chances of conception. Also, all bodies are unique with individual strengths and weaknesses. Fertility tests can help in unravelling a number of issues as well as the health of your reproductive system as a whole. It is important to address various lifestyle issues in order to retain your fertility and ensure that you have a hassle free conception. Read on to know more about the ways in which you can preserve your fertility.
- Oral health: There are a number of medical studies that go as far as suggesting that the state of the woman’s oral health is a significant factor when it comes to the proper functioning of her reproductive system. Many women who have required treatment for infertility are said to have suffered from oral health problems like inflammation and gum disease. One needs to avoid these issues so as to have more reproductive success. So, it is important to brush and floss on a regular basis in order to have better oral and reproductive health.
- Food: When we are talking about oral health, how can food intake be too far behind? In order to maintain good oral health, it is important to take care of your eating habits. One should steer clear of excessive sugary food intake as well as junk food intake which end up harming the gums as well as the overall system of the patient. Also, you must avoid eating processed carbohydrates like white bread and white rice. It is also a good idea to get your proteins from plant sources rather than animal sources. Furthermore, it is also a good option to strike trans fat off the list and to pick unsaturated fats instead. This kind of a diet is known as low glycemic diet which keeps the sugar levels stable. This helps in boosting all body functions in general, including one’s fertility.
- Smoking: As per a number of medical studies, about 13 per cent of the infertility cases are linked with excessive smoking. Tobacco has an adverse effect on the state of your fertility, and it usually makes the eggs deteriorate at a much faster rate. It can also cause early miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy, which is a dangerous condition where the egg gets lodged in the fallopian tube. Smoking can also bring about early menopause.
- Vitamin supplements: Many doctors suggest that once a woman has entered her child bearing years, it is important to start taking multivitamins as these contain folic acid. Folic acid is an important nutrient that helps in foetal growth and stimulates ovulation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
Hi doctors. I am pregnant, just 40 days now. Conceived by iui. I live in second floor with no lift. I need to go to office daily. I could restrict climbing and getting down to once for a day. Please advice me for safety measures to have healthy pregnancy.
After trying for more than 20 months my doctor has not been able to increase the endo of my wife. My question to you is there any chance of improvement. Age 33 and 31 yrs. Endo does not go above 7.6 . Doctor says all other reports to be ok.
I am trying to conceive since last 4 months Though I have regular periods but my ultra sound reports say I have pcos symptoms What should I do.
I am 30 year old women. I have 7th month pregnancy, but my belly is small, not looking like 7th month pregnancy, is any problem with this?
I am an engineering student in VIT university. My basic problem is I am on more weight than it has to be for my height. I can reduce it by doing exercises or anything but the problem is I am thin on the upper part and fatty on the bottom. I hope you got me. Also my hip was somewhat wide but that was from my mother genes. So with this I looked like very thin feature from face, neck,hands, abdomen and from there it looks like an unmatched one. Is there any solution that I could get out of this because it does not look good when I wear series for any functions. Please do tell me.
Hello sir/mem I have white discharge issue. I consulted to many Dr. and take treatment but still suffering from the same please help me.
I had sex on 3 rd night nd I was due for periods 3rd or 4th. I had a pill 5th morning being so sure that my bf cum inside. I have not had periods as yet. How long will it take?
Hy doc. Well I had sex with my boyfriend with protection but last month September I had sex thrice with condom but sperms did not enter my vagina and 26 sep was my period date but it has not started yet What should I do.
Hello. I have taken UNWANTED 72. When I used already condom. I had listen that condom some times its fail. Thats y I took. I want to know that what can be side effects after take it. Because may be something will be inside vagina or may be not.
I want to do anal sex with my husband but afraid of pain. My husband always ask me to do that but I am afraid. What would I do.
Many people feel hungry throughout the day. They are lethargic until they lay their hands on food. These bouts of hunger go on like a vicious circle and if not resisted it can lead to health issues.
- A high: fiber diet can prevent unnecessary hunger: Your diet should be rich in fiber. Body takes a longer span of time to digest fiber rich food. It also makes you feel full for hours together. Having fiber will keep your bowel movements in control and is therefore healthy. Remember to add extra fiber to your bowl of cereals or salad to keep pangs of hunger at bay.
- Divide one heavy meal into two smaller meals: Eating heavy meals and that too less frequently is really bad for your health. This can make you feel hungry time and again. To control the constant rumbling inside your tummy, you should divide one big meal into two or more smaller meals. For instance, if you were supposed to eat sandwiches, boiled eggs and soup for lunch, you should probably eat sandwiches at noon and eat the soup and eggs any time later in the day.
- Never be a fast eater: Jumping on your food is the worst way of tackling things. Research studies show how a human brain takes more than twenty minutes to tell your body it is full and satisfied. If you don't wish to overeat throughout the day, you must consume your food slowly. This way the brain takes more time in realizing it is full and thus further time in feeling subsequent hunger.
- Drink more glasses of water: Every person should drink around three to four liters of water. Drinking water half an hour after a meal can keep your gustatory concerns in check for long. Water keeps you hydrated, helps in digestion and controls unnecessary hunger.
- Eat a good amount of protein: Protein makes you full in very little time and thus doesn't need to be consumed in great quantities. It will make you feel content for long as your blood sugar levels are in balance through protein consumption. Protein takes time to be digested.