Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Mahendra MehtaYour feedback matters!
I am 17years old and I want to increase my height. Please suggest me some effective methods to do so. Moreover as I am a student an have to sit for long hours I am also worried about my weight please tell me some weight reducing tips.
I am 52 years old male. I am suffering from protein urea for last year. Please suggest me proper diet.
Every parent takes that extra precaution to ensure that their child is protected. From giving only boiled and/or bottled water to multiple rounds of washing fruits and vegetables, everything is done. Despite these, when the child begins to complain of stomach ache, there is fear of a worm infection.
While there are many worm infections, the four most common ones that affect children are threadworms, hookworms, roundworms, and tapeworms (named after their shapes).
Worm infections are a reality, and a child can get a worm infection by one of the following routes.
- By eating unclean/undercooked/infected food: There could be eggs of these worms on vegetables and fruits, and if not washed thoroughly, chances of infection are high. Also, if seafood such as fish are infected with these, improper cooking of these can lead to infections.
- Walking barefoot on infected soil: This is the most common way to get worm infections, when children walk barefoot in damp soil.
- Drinking contaminated water: Some worms breed in water bodies like lakes and puddles. Playing in these areas or eating with hands contaminated in these areas can lead to infection.
- Contact with infected person: Either through unclean hands or fingernails contact of an infected person, the worm infection can reach the child.
Whatever the source, once these worms enter the body, they multiply and continue to grow in the child.
While an upset stomach is the most common symptom, the child also could be irritable. Other symptoms that are commonly seen in children are as below.
- Refusal to eat, both due the stomach pain and the loss of appetite
- Weight loss, due to reduced food intake. Additionally, the worms consume a large portion of the consumed food, reducing what is available for the child
- Anemia, which is especially true with hookworms
- Bloody stools
- Itching around the anus, from where the worms could have entered the body
- Skin rashes or urticarial
- Sleep disturbances, due to the above symptoms
- Frequent urination
- Susceptibility to infections, as anemia sets in and immunity is affected
- Worm testing
Stool testing including cotton swab testing and sticky tape testing are done to confirm the presence of worms.
The good news is that treating worm infections is quite easy and simple. A course of anti-parasitic or anti-worm medicine is often used to get rid of the worms and takes about a week to clear.
- Deworming is done quite commonly, though it is preferably done under medical supervision.
- Hygiene practices with respect to cleaning hands, toys, potty practices, bathing, bedding, clean drinking water, etc., can go a long way in prevention of worms.
Remedies for Premature Greying of Hair
Premature greying is when hair loses its natural pigmentation at an early age
- Lack of nutrition to the scalp due to improper diet
- Deficiency in vitamins like:
- Vitamin B
- Not cleaning the scalp regularly
- Using very hot water while washing hair
- Excessive blow drying
- Regular usage of hair dyes
- Hereditary condition
1.Natural home remedy using Indian gooseberries
- Cut, deseed and crush 4-5 Indian gooseberries to a paste
- Apply this paste on the scalp
- Leave it for 15-20 min
- Wash hair with normal water
2.Natural home remedy using curry leaves and coconut oil
- Take 7-8 crushed curry leaves
- Add 3 tbsp of coconut oil
- Heat this mixture for 5-7 min
- Strain the mixture
- Massage on scalp when lukewarm
3.Natural home remedy using lemon juice and almond oil
- Take 1 tsp of lemon juice
- Add 2 tsp of almond oil
- Mix well
- Massage on the scalp
Massage scalp regularly with warm Gingely oil or coconut oil to prevent premature greying