Find numerous Anesthesiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Mahendra KamdarYour feedback matters!
I have back pain last six months. I have taken tablets. It works at the time taking. How to relieve this back pain?
I am 34 years old. I have backbone pain since the age of 15. No improvement after various treatments. Help me.
I am 40 years old female I am having back pain since many days I have used many ointments but have no relief please suggest any medication.
Cubital Tunnel Syndrome is also known as Ulnar Neuropathy, a nerve compression syndrome where the Ulnar nerve, also known as the funny bone nerve, gets compressed due to heightened pressure or stretching. It can lead to numbness or a tingling sensation in little and ring fingers, sometimes pain in forearm and an overall weakness in the hand. Ulnar nerve is one of the three main nerves in the arm. It runs in a groove on the inner side of the elbow. Since it travels through a narrow space and has very little protective tissue, the nerve is quite vulnerable to compression.
The symptoms of this condition may range from mild to severe. Some of the mild symptoms include:
- Numbness in little and ring finger as the fingers fall asleep
- A tingling sensation, usually like the pinch of pins and needles in ring and little finger
- Pain in forearm
- Weakness in the hand
- Some of the severe symptoms include:
- Reduction in overall hand grip
- A claw like deformity in hand
- Wasting of muscles of the hand
Bending elbow over a long period of time like while using cell phone or during sleep can cause ulnar nerve compression. Resting the elbow for a long period over a hard surface can also cause an irritation of the nerve, leading to such symptoms. In some cases, the nerve snaps back and forth over a bony bump, resulting in an irritated nerve. People who undertake intense physical activity, especially using their arms, are more likely to develop this problem. Eg. baseball pitchers. Apart from this, people who have suffered from a dislocated elbow or have arthritis are also at risk.
Generally, doctors diagnose this condition through the symptoms. However, nerve tests are also conducted to check the level of nerve compression. Electromyography is a procedure in which electrodes are placed on the skin and muscles to measure muscle health. Determining muscle health and level of compression helps decide the mode of treatment. Generally, the symptoms of cubital tunnel syndrome are managed through a conservative treatment. However, in cases of severe compression, surgery can be considered as an option to relieve pressure, moving nerve to the front of the elbow or removing a part of the bone.
For mild cases, a towel or a protective cover for elbow is recommended. The towel should be wrapped around the elbow loosely. An elbow splint can be worn at night to protect the elbow from being bent for long time.
How can a physical therapist help?
A physiotherapist has an essential role to play in treatment of this syndrome. A therapist can help the patient to learn ways of avoiding pressure to the nerve. After surgery, with restrictions of movement, a therapist can help achieve smooth recovery and movement of the elbow. Your physical therapist will determine the activities that bring on your symptoms. The recommendations at this point will be to avoid those activities for a time. Remember, the nerve is irritated and at times swollen. If the irritation and swelling are reduced, the symptoms should resolve. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
Hi I am 33 year old male I am feeling some pain in my left hand and sometimes sweet pain in my chest from 4-6 days.In August I got my blood checkup and ECG. TotalChlolestrol was 206. Cardiac risk markers was normal, ECG was normal. Please advise.
Hello sir my name is anil Sharma I am 36 year old man I have back pain problem last two days what should I do please tell me doctor.
I am 20 years old. I have been suffering from the pain in my left leg. The left leg is paining exactly at the ball and socket joint. I am so worried because my friends told me that may be I have to do surgery for it. please help me.
Recently I am working 8 hrs by standing. And my knees and ankle palm hurts. Why this is happen. Also I do regular gym so today when I was trying to squat to perform leg workout I load 30 kg wt startup and done 10 reps so I increase wt now 45 kg so when I lift weight I did 1 seat up my knees around areas hurts so I stop exercise. When my 1 st job was just seating and relax and that time I could lift 80 kg wt for leg workout. Why this is happen today. Is thr any serious issue. Please gimme suggestion. Thank very much.
Yesterday in gym I got muscle pull in my neck and right shoulder. Since then, I am hav excruciating pain if I try to move my neck or shoulder to a certain angle. I took Cronin pain relief in afternoon but no effect. Aftr dinr took a Muscle relaxant but to no effect. Took one more an hr ago still no effect. What to do?
Good noon doctor. I have a back bone pain from last 4 days. It's paining too much in night. How to recover from it. Please suggest some medicine or treatment to recover from this.
I am 30 years old and a bit obese I weigh nearly 100 kilos. But I don't feel any issue with walking or running short distances. Now a days I am seeing a strange issue my legs will become swollen by evening and I feel my leg is aching. I will have to sleep for half an hour for getting reduction in symptoms. I am a software engineer. And do 5 to 10 mins walk every hour. Please help me regarding this thanks in advance.
My father's age is 50. He has pain in his heel. How could he reduce his heel pain. Give some domestic tips and suggest any medicine or gel or tablet.
Sir in last 3 month banka I met with an accident at tke knee its was just switches has weired but till now it has a pain when I had doing joggingPleas make a cure of it sir.
I have severe tail bone pain this is coccydynia it was caused due to fall may be during playing please suggest treatment.
The human hand is made up of 27 bones and a number of tendons and ligaments. An injury to any one of these bones or a disease that affects the bones and ligaments can make you experience excruciating pain in your hands. This pain can affect your ability to perform simple day to day tasks like holding a spoon or writing. Some common reasons your hand may pain are muscle strains, fractures, arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome. Apart from pain relieving medication, there are a number of ways you can deal with this pain.
- Hot and cold compresses: Hot and cold therapy is ideal for any type of muscle or ligament injury. A cold compress helps in reducing the pain and inflammation by constricting blood vessels and numbing the area. On the other hand, a hot compress dilates blood vessels and increases the flow of blood and oxygen to the affected area. Ideally, the two should be used alternatively for 10 to 20 minutes each. A bag of frozen vegetables or ice wrapped in a towel makes an easy cold compress. To treat your hand with heat, use a moist heating pad or a hot water bottle. You could also dip your hands in warm water.
- Massage: A massage is a great way to treat hand pain that results from carpal tunnel syndrome. If the exact cause of pain is not known, massage the entire hand, wrist and forearm. A massage enhances blood flow to the area and hence improves flexibility and opens locked tendons. Using a few drops of essential oils such as lavender or rosemary can also aid in relieving hand pain.
- Hand exercises: If your work involves repetitive actions like typing, knitting or embroidery, the muscles in your hand can get locked into position thereby, causing pain and discomfort. To relieve this it is important to take a break from this repetitive exercise every hour and flex your hand. Try bending your fingers forwards and backwards and rotating your wrists in both directions to ensure that your joints remain smooth.
- Epsom salt water bath: For instant relief from intense hand pain, soak your hands in a bath made of hot water and epsom salts for 10 to 20 minutes. Follow this by wrapping your hands in a warm, wet washcloth and applying gentle pressure over the hand for 5-10 minutes. You should instantly feel relief from the pain and experience increased the flexibility of hand. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!