Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
I have red eye for three days. What disease I am suffering from? How serious is my disease or condition and how will it affect my home and work life?
I have a eyes problem I cannot see the far objects and whn I remove my specks I see the objects blur.
Suffering with photophobia Unable to travel in sun rays my eyes get closed and pain Need to work on computer for long hrs eyes getting red in clr and pain all the time Pls suggest me how to overcome eyes pain redness.
Recently there is a problem in my eye at times I could not see some colours. Is there chance of colour blindness?
I have issues with my eyelids .They re twitching throughout the days. It is so irritating. Pls tell me how to resolve this.
I have red eyes over 5 day. What to do have tried many eye drops bit it is not working. Please suggest me.
I wear spectacles of power 1.75 for the right eye and 2 for the left eye. Even if I wash my face regularly, still there is dirt around my eye. Why?
I have red eyes and I have pan in stomach or also I am suffering for fiver for five days so should l help me?
I am 22 year old working women. I have 3. 5 numbers in both eye but I afraid for operation. So what I should do?
Appeared vision disturbances in the right eye. Treatment like barrage laser done. But disturbances in the vision have continued.what can be done now?
Water comes out of my eyes. I have pain in my eyes. Please help me in these situation. How to overcome these problem?
My eyes getting red after wake up from sleep And also feel pain sometimes and become sensitive to light This is happening from 3 weeks What should I do?
With technology at your fingertips, it is hard to think of times when the existence of laptops and television sets was unimaginable. Technology is common enough to be taken for granted in present times. TV and laptops are especially in widespread use. The primary reason could be entertainment, an urge to connect to the larger world, or the need to kill time. Such dependability leads to severe health hazards. Read on to find out more:
Effects of TV and laptops on your health:
- Sleep deprivation: Long hours of exposure to artificial light can lead to sleep deprivation.
- It can also lead to serious vision problems: Watching TV or using laptops for long hours can make your eyes vulnerable to constant glare. You fail to realize, but changing lights of a computer screen or of a television set in a dark room can be extremely strenuous for your eyes to adjust. Constantly changing lights can lead to glaucoma. However, dry and itchy eyes, headaches and poor vision are the commonly noticed effects.
- It causes obesity in children and adults: Since all your work can be done on the internet, you tend to become lethargic. You are too lazy to go to the market or to the bank. Even if you are not watching you use the television for background music. Adults therefore do not make qualitative use of their free time. Children are addicted to playing games and browsing sites on the laptop. They hardly indulge in outdoor games. This leads to obesity in adults and children all the same.
- Propels your desire to eat fast food or packaged food: Binge eating is a very common practice while watching TV or using laptops. Chips, pizzas, burgers, ice- creams, cold drinks and absolutely anything junk devoid of nutritional value are more liked by us. Junk food not only leads to weight gain but is also detrimental to our digestive system.
- Can increase the risk of infertility in men: Laptops heat up when used for a long span of time. This heat can increase scrotum temperature which results in reduced sperm production, leading to infertility.
As is said, nothing in excess is good for your health. It is therefore, best to make controlled use of TV and laptops to avoid its harmful effects.