Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mahajay Jayantilal PataniYour feedback matters!
I did my blood test and I found hb is only 8.3 instead it should be 11 to 15. What should be the best treatment to recover this and on the same time it's my second month of pregnancy.
Hi I have a question about loose vagina do you tell me about it there is any medicine for that problem.
Hii I am 31 years old with a 21 months old boy. Since der is a important function in our family I used primolut n for postponing my periods. Since now im ok except legs pain. I used 5 tablets before periods because I usually get 4 to 5 days early periods. Now its 5 days late. I dint test for pregnancy. Are there any chances of getting pregnancy. Since sterday got blood in stools. What is the solution. My elders are saying it may be due to heat in d body. Please suggest.
28 years old, I have frequent delay in periods issue from many years now. And this happens every month. I assume my body started sending message in excess of weight. Please suggest?
I had my periods two months back and since then i had no periods.I m now having watery discharge which has no smell .What is it?
I am 25 Years old And I want know that eating papaya Lead any problems to girl. My gf is period on 6th but she has eaten papaya? Anything hpn to her periods.
For an expecting mother, nothing is more important than the safety and well-being of her unborn child. With due care, a mom-to-be can prevent complications that may arise in pregnancy by avoiding certain potential risks. Read on to find out the 5 things pregnant women must avoid at all costs in order to have a safe pregnancy.
1. Caffeine: The upper limit of safe caffeine intake is one cup of 12 Oz of coffee every day or less than 200 mg per day. A small quantity will not adversely affect the baby. It’s wise to avoid coffee, tea or even sodas that contain caffeine over the mentioned limit, as it can adversely affect the baby’s heart rate. Some studies go on to suggest that the consumption of caffeine may even increase the risk of miscarriages. Not only that, the intake of caffeine by the mother can increase the chances of the baby getting diabetes.
2. Abdominal X-rays: Abdominal X-rays during pregnancy are a big no. This kind of X-ray exposes the abdomen of the mother, and the baby as a consequence, to high levels of radiation, which can cause changes in the baby’s rapidly growing cells. As a result, the baby’s chances of suffering from birth defects or certain cancers, such as leukemia later on in life, increase rapidly. It is best to avoid X-rays until absolutely necessary. However, you must avoid self-meditation.
3. Heavy Exercising: While moderate exercising during pregnancy is very healthy for both the baby and the mother, extreme exercising can give rise to quite a few complications. Exercises, which cause the heart rate of the mother to exceed the mark of 160 bpm (beats per minute) may result in the supply of less oxygen to the baby. This can lead to fetal hypoxia, a condition in which the supply of oxygen to the brain of the baby is restricted, resulting in brain damage. Exercises that must be avoided include abdominal crunches, exercises that hurt the mother’s joints or strain her back or which require her to hold her breath for too long.
4. Alcohol: All types of alcohol must be avoided during pregnancy. Consumption of alcohol during these 9 months has been associated with several birth defects such as poor growth, learning disabilities and mental retardation. In worst case scenarios, excessive alcohol consumption during pregnancy can lead to what is known as Foetal Alcohol Syndrome or FAS, which severely affects the mental development and physical growth of the unborn child, particularly of the face and skull. Also, you must quit smoking.
5. Stress: Stress can trigger various health problems, which can be bad for both the baby and the mother. Studies have revealed the emotional environment of the mother is experienced by the baby as well. In fact, a particular study has shown that any kind of stress, whether it be work related or stress caused by strain in relationships, can affect the mental development of the child. This as result can lead to the child developing certain behavioral disorders such as fears and phobias, which remain way into his adulthood.
Hello sir I'm vijay. I make relation with my girlfriend during period time and used protection but I saw in d end that condom was damaged so I gave her unwanted 72 but now she told me that the period is not stop mean blood are coming pls suggest me.
After insertion IUCD before five days, my wife feeling leakage of excess lukoria from vagina. Dr. Advised her five day antibiotic with mefnaic acid and antacid. Whats the reason.
I am 22 years old. I have very irregular periods. This time its been a month periods havnt stopped. Tje fkow is heavy. I took pause mf 16 tablets 8 days but no effect. Ultrasound showed normal along with polycystic ovaries and endometrial thickness 5mm 10 days before. Now my doctor prescribed me with regestrone tablet for 14 days. After one tablet my periods stopped bleeding stopped. Is it good news? Will my next periods be normal regular?
We have seen that many people complain of having trouble after taking particular fruits, it's just because they take something else with fruits which make them feel uncomfortable.
I have taken susten200 for five days for my periods. Stil I dnt get periods and today is fifth day that I have stoped susten200.
In January 2015 I was effected with mums (my left cheek was swelled) now again in Dec 2015 I am effected with mums. Will this continue to happen every year (every winters. Is there any home remedy?
Sir meri wife ki right ovary mai ek ghanth (cystic) aay e hai unki age hai 25 year hai ultra sound kraya tha sir wo badhti hi ja rahi hai aur hum baby chahte hai please help me aur aap mujhe hindi mai hi jawab dena iska treatment cheap & best batana.
1st I had a baby girl now she had 6 years we are trying to another one so I took HSG they inject some liquid but it is come of my intestine so Dr. is telling that my tubes are closed without operation any help is there. 1st I had a baby girl is operation for me.
It is important that you understand and fulfil the needs of your partner and address issues that concern you both. Sexual intercourse for humans is not only a reproductive act, but is also considered to be an emotional and pleasurable act. However, statistics report that almost 30% of the women experience pain during intercourse. This not only hampers the pleasure but is also an unhealthy sign since it is indicative of a problem.
Painful intercourse could be a regular occurrence, or a sporadic one. There could be numerous reasons that cause the discomfort and pain. Though it might be an early manifestation of grave diseases such as endometriosis or fibroids, but more often, it is triggered due to conditions such as vaginal dryness, yeast infection, bacterial vaginiosis, which can be easily treated. It is pertinent to understand that it is not the physical infirmity of the entire female anatomy that causes such pain/ discomfort, but the existence of certain conditions that can be treated by a medical practitioner.
Certain such causal factors associated with painful intercourse and the efficient ways to deal with them are discussed below:
- Vaginal dryness: Vaginal dryness is one of the most commonly cited causes for painful intercourse. There are various causal factors of vaginal dryness. These include, but are not limited to, consumption of certain drugs, bathing with hot water, health conditions or even lack of foreplay. Vaginal dryness due to the aforementioned causes is a short-lived condition that can be treated well with the help of a medical practitioner. Usage of lubricants that is suitable for you, as advised by a medical practitioner, could go a long way in aiding the ease of sexual intercourse. The lubricants act as an effective substitute, if the body is unable to naturally secrete vaginal fluids to ease intercourse, thereby greatly reducing the pain that is experienced.
- Improper vaginal expansion: The female anatomy is designed in such a way that it expands normally during intercourse. Proper foreplay enables the woman to get excited, which results in the release of vaginal fluids that aids in sexual intercourse. However, in the event that the female is not excited enough prior to the act, sexual intercourse can become a painful act, since the vagina is unable to expand in the absence of vaginal fluids. In such cases, take things slow and give your body time to comfortably go with the flow.
- Vaginal itching caused by infection: Vaginal infections can be caused by antibiotics, prior sexual activity that has resulted in contraction of Sexually Transmitted Diseases etc. This results in an itching or burning sensation while having sex. It is essential to rest your body instead of forcing things and to consult your doctor as soon as possible. The doctor can correctly diagnose the causal factors behind the infection, and prescribe the necessary medicines for it.
However, if your symptoms vary from the common ones mentioned above, or in case you have a different query, it is always advisable to consult the doctor.
Is ashokarisht syrup beneficial in periods related problem. I have very painful periods in first 2days. Moreover since may my periods cycle is coming in 40-50days. Pls advise something in ayurveda. 27/f/unmarried.
I am 10 weeks pregnant and my gyne has not asked for any blood test so far. She said come after a month and then we 'll have some tests. By that time I ll be 14 weeks. She did ask to get an ultrasound done which was fine. But I don't understand why she is not asking for any blood test. I didn't say anything to her thinking she might not like a patient questioning her. What to do?
The obesity epidemic was unfairly blamed on the consumption of carbs. While processed junk foods, which are high in refined grains and sugar are extremely fattening and unhealthy, fiber rich foods that also contain carbs are very healthy and essential for your diet. If you consume high fiber carbs moderately, it helps you maintain a healthy weight because if you get anything lower than approximately 50% of calories from carbohydrates, you are unhealthy. Carbohydrates, which are rich in fiber can be easily digested by your body.
Mentioned below are 10 food items which are extremely rich in carbs and should be consumed during breakfast for optimum health.
- Apples: Despite the different colors, flavors and sizes, apples consist of 13 to 15% carbs, as well as many vitamins and minerals. It is also rich in healthy plant compounds, antioxidants and vitamin C. Apples are helpful in decreasing the risk of a few types of cancers, reducing heart diseases and improving blood sugar control.
- Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes are extremely nourishing. It has the sufficient amount of carbohydrates present to maintain your health, as well as fiber, potassium, vitamin B5, vitamin A, manganese and vitamin C. It is also very low in cholesterol, saturated fats and sodium. Consume this antioxidant food item everyday for breakfast to sustain your health.
- Bananas: Bananas contain about 23% carbs. The unripe ones are high in starch, which turns into sugar as it ripens. Apart from carbs, bananas also contain a high amount of Vitamin B 6, potassium and vitamin C along with healthy plant compounds. They are also rich in pectin and resistant starch.
- Quinoa: Classified as pseudo cereal, it is an incredibly popular seed that is eaten like a grain. Apart from being a high carb food, it is not only extremely rich in fibers and proteins, but also plant compounds and minerals. One of its many health benefits is improved blood sugar control. Incorporate it in your diet to help you lose weight.
- Oats: Deemed as one of the healthiest whole grain foods, oats is an excellent source of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. It contains 66% carbohydrates and above 10% of it is fiber. Not only does it lower cholesterol levels and blood sugar levels, but is also extremely helpful in losing weight.