Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Mahajay Jayantilal PataniYour feedback matters!
For women, hair are not just fibres, but an expression of beauty, style, and personality. Losing your hair can really freak you out. Whether it's short-term or long-term, women lose hair the same way men do. It might thin all over, or your centre part could get wider and wider.
How Does Hair Grow?
Your scalp has about 1,00,000 hair. Each one has its own life cycle. A follicle produces a single hair that grows at a rate of half an inch per month. It stays for 2 to 6 years, then stops for about a month. When the next cycle starts up, that hair falls out. At any given time, most of your hair are in the growth phase.
How Much Hair Loss Is Normal?
Most people shed about 50-100 hair every day. But if it starts to fall out in clumps or if you notice it getting thinner over time, see a Dermato-Trichologist.
Major Hair Loss Triggers in women:
- Thyroid Problems: If the thyroid makes too much or too little thyroid hormone, you may develop progressive thinning of hair all over the scalp.
- PCOS: In polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), your body makes more male hormones, or androgen, than it should. This can cause the extra hair on your face and body while the hair on your head thins out.
- Childbirth: Hair seems fuller during pregnancy because high hormone levels keep resting hairs from falling out. But after the baby comes, things go back to normal and those strands will fall out quickly. You could lose a lot of hair at once.
- The Pill: The hormones that suppress ovulation can also thin out your hair. You can also lose hair when you stop taking the pill.
- Medicines: Drugs like blood thinners, methotrexate, cholesterol lowering medications, chemotherapeutic agents, anti-depressants etc. can cause hair loss and thinning.
- Crash Diets: You may lose more than weight with a fad diet. And if you lose weight more rapidly, you might also lose hair in a couple of months.
- Deficiency: A longstanding deficiency of Iron, Folic acid, and other nutrients can also trigger off hair loss and cause hair thinning.
- Tight Hairstyles: Wearing tight ponytails can irritate your scalp and cause hair to fall out. Long-term use of these styles can scar your scalp and lead to permanent hair loss.
- Cancer Treatment: Chemo and radiation therapy, can take a toll on your hair. In their quest to kill cancer cells, both can harm hair follicles and trigger dramatic hair loss.
- Extreme Stress e.g. a serious illness, major surgery, trauma involving blood loss, severe emotional disturbance etc., can cause you to suddenly shed huge amounts of hair.
Hope this gives you a fair idea about the possible reasons for losing your lovely hair. The good news is, there's often a way to fix it. You can consult me for if you are losing hair and need a solution for the same.
Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. Last month I got my periods on 25th. This month, as I hav a trip abroad on 26th and so I wanted to prepone my periods. I tried sesame seeds, ginger tea, pineapple, papaya, mango. I did not get it yet. Only if it comes today, the time will be correct for my trip. Kindly help me with this. I want it today
My mother is 50 year old. She has itching on her vagina from two days. What is thecreason behind this? How to prevent itching?
we have 1 years girl baby and my wife again 4th months pregnant. Ist delivery was scissoring. One of gynaecologist suggested for non breast feeding for my girl child. Is there any problem if my wife breast feed milk to my girl baby and any affect to new born baby regards this. After non breast feeding my girl's weight is reducing. I am totally afraid about it. Please help me and save my both child.
I have irregular periods after checkup it was PCOs, my weight is 48 kg, I have extreme hairloss problem. Is it some way connected, apart from doing regular exercise what else should I do. I even take flaxseed oil capsules.
What are the reasons for irregular periods, she had made test for pregnancy but it shows negative, it is around 2 months now only the blood stains are coming so kindly answer me.
Is safe period really safe to have unprotected sex? If yes, when can I have unprotected sex without getting pregnant?
HI, I need to check about pregnancy. My wife had her last period on Jan 29th 2017 and every month she get her period 5-6 days early. This month it should have happened on 23-24 Feb but it didn’t happen and on 27th Feb night there was light bleeding not red color & she had all those pregnancy symptoms. But on 28th Feb the bleeding was more and she had cramp also, the bleeding is more than usually period. Let me know about this. She had head spin also from last 4 days. Please help me with this. And I had one doubt will it bleed before pregnancy when egg attached & if yes how long Thank you.
After unsafe sex means without condom and take unwanted 72 within 1 hr then please tell me this tab is effective or not?
Today me and my girlfriend were having sex and at that time bleeding started from my penis. Approx. 30-50 ml blood came out. After 3-5 min bleeding had stopped. When pull my foreskin it is paining and bleeding start. What is the problem in my penis and is it regular occurrence? What is the treatment?
My legs pain a lot at night when my day is hectic. I'm planning for child after 3months, what tests need to be performed now and what supplement need to start 3months before conceiving?
I am having a problem of - Dark brown bloody. Vaginal discharge. Frequent urination. Fatigue. Pregnancy test negative. No pain no cramps no itching burning pain or odor.
Could you tell me any tonic for improving her weight and height ,shall I give her enfagrow.Please tell.
I am 42 years, and i am undergoing treatment to get conceived from past 1 year, is there is any possibility that i get conceived
I'm 37 years old. My wife want to know about child birth control. My wife's period comes on 15the August And then we intercourse 9 days later. And she forgot to take overall pills. Already two days late any idea to take pills. Please help me.
1. Drink safe water provide by helping people
2. Avoid rainy and flood waters as these may contain infection
3. Boil water if necessary to drink
4. Wash your hand before any meal
5. Dont eat food which are store before or infected
6. Any wound consult any medical personal and doctor as soon
7. Don't throw any infectious material anywhere (as it may cause spread of infection to other)
Helps prevent cancer.
High in anti-oxidants.
Lower high bloodpressure.
Helps improve vision.
Strengthens immunity system.
Promotes healthy glowing skin.
Helps the brain and nervous system function.
Low in calories buy high in nutrients.
Hi doctor. Am 31 male. I had intercourse with my girl friend on March 25th with condom. Her menses date was March 12th. April 12th should come but delays. She has irregular cycle for the past few months. Am not sure if condom cracks and sperm got inserted. So we took home pregnancy strip test on April 20 (38th day) morning 1st urine it's negative. Then again she took home pregnancy strip test on April 29 (47th day) morning 1st urine it's also negative. Till now menses didn't come. Is there chance to get pregnancy or safe? Please answer. Thanks in advance.
Diet is an important part of any person's life as food that goes in your body is what replenishes the resources lost in a day's work. The wrong kind of food will have adverse effects on the body in all sorts of ways, and that holds especially true for nursing mothers.
A mother, after carrying a baby to a full term, has to go through many hormonal and physical changes, which can be very stressful. After childbirth comes one of the other most important phases i.e. nursing and it is important to ensure that the mother gets proper nutrition during this phase. This is because it is the mother's milk that provides the baby with the required nutrients for growth as well as to build and immune system, which is why it is very important for a nursing mother to have a proper diet.
Let's look at some of the food items that should be consumed during this time:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables - These are important during the nursing period for the mother as she needs to supplement important minerals in her body such as calcium and iron. Green, leafy vegetables are a must.
- Dairy products low in fat - As the mother's body produces milk, certain minerals get drained quicker than others and a direct supplement for them would be dairy products. However, it is important to ensure that their fat content is low as this can add cholesterol and thus, may adversely affect the health of the mother.
- Lean meats - Lean meats are a great source of protein that can supplement many of the minerals and nutrients. However, rich meat-based foods and heavy red meat should be avoided. Chicken in roasted form or tikka form is also healthy proteins that can be consumed 2 - 3 times a week. Fish, especially Salmon fish, is also a healthy and rich source of omega-3 as well as high in protein.
- Legumes - Legumes are a great source of iron, which is an extremely important mineral for a nursing mother. This is also an alternative for vegetarians. Legumes are not only a rich source of iron, they are also high in protein and helps the mother to stay fit and energetic to be able to take on the additional responsibility of her new-born baby.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.