Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I have polycystic ovary. This is creating a lot of problems. I don't know what to eat and what not to. Even I am gaining weight. How may I get rid of this?
My girlfriend experienced lil blood every time we have sex. Her cycle is proper. Bt we r tensed with such experience. Is it normal?
A regular menstrual period is when you bleed for 5-6 days every month. A normal cycle is 11-13 menstrual periods every year. An irregular menstrual period is when there are less than 10 or more than 14 menstrual periods in a year.
Initially, when a teenage girl reaches puberty, the menstrual cycles are a little irregular. It takes a few months to a couple of years before the hormones are balanced and the cycles come in regular intervals.
Peri-menopausal women have extremely irregular periods, ranging from mere spotting in some months to severe bleeding and muscular cramps in the next few months. As a woman approaches menopause, there are wide fluctuations in hormones that cause the irregularity.
Other Causes Of Menstrual Irregularities-
Excessive weight gain or weight loss. Obesity has been found to cause menstrual irregularities.
Emotional stress and anxiety.
Persistent physical exhaustion.
Increase in exercise. Heavy exercise and endurance regimes are known to cause missed or irregular periods.
Travelling, differences in temperature and weather conditions can affect periods.
Contraceptive pills and other birth control medications.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome.
Other medical issues with the pelvic organs.
Inadequate rest and sleep.
Indulging in too much of processed or fried food.
Breastfeeding can cause menstrual irregularities and regain normalcy after it has been stopped completely.
Eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa or bulimia has been known to cause menstrual irregularities.
A balanced diet which includes enough proteins, calcium and vitamins.
Abstinence from caffeine and alcohol.
Light but regular exercising.
Take some medication after due consultation with a doctor.
Abstain from smoking or consuming tobacco in any form.
Take vitamin and folic acid supplements.
Get yourself checked for blood sugar or cholesterol.
Maintain an optimum body weight.
In case of missed periods for over 2 months, do a home pregnancy check up or visit the gynaecologist.
Stay away from situations that stress you and attempt to control your anxiety. Cultivate an activity that you enjoy, be optimistic and enjoy life.
I am 25 years, female and have been attending gym for last one year but my weight didn't reduce. I have pcod and weight increased after puberty. Can I opt for ayurvedic massage for obesity and pcod ?
Twice I got miscarriage and later I was convinced in May-28-2015 was my due date. But didn't got labor pain so I went admitted in hospital on 27th may-2015 doctor inserted pain killer for labor pain. But still I didn't got pain later again around 9.00 on I got heavy pain and cold. Around midnight I got heavy vomiting doctors came got heart beat is gone low. So they did emergency c section but no use. I lost my boy baby on 28th May-2015. Now I am planning for babies later six months. But too much back pain and body pain. Please tell me know what should be done to become pregnant again soon.
Hi. M 28 n mother of 3 yes child. But after giving birth to the child my weight started increasing now m almost 15 to 18 kgs excess. Can anyone help me in reducing the weight.
I am 23 year and I got married. I have monthly period problem now this is 3day. Stop I do not know what to do. In future never take any medicine.
I am 20yrs old and my girlfriend has 20yrs before two days we done sex by using condom. Now she is getting pains. Now without getting pregnant is there any tablets or precautions? and can we eat papaya to avoid pregnancy?
I am 35 years old male, after six years my wife was pregnant and she was caring 4 month baby but child heart beat is very low, What can I do for this?
Daily habits have the power to leave you limp during or after intercourse. These habits can result in low libido and low desire to engage in intercourse with your partner. However, once you identify them, it is easier to rectify them.
Here are a few daily things which might leave you limp:
- Not nourishing your libido enough: One major reason of a depreciating sex drive can be attributed to low libido, which can be an outcome of poor dietary choices. Add more aphrodisiacs to your diet such as oysters, dark chocolates, bananas, strawberries and yogurt which are rich in zinc, magnesium and other minerals which help in increasing your sex drive.
- Over-masturbation: Engaging in self-stimulation too many times a day can result in fatigue and other health problems. The acceptable number of times a person should masturbate in a day is 2-3 times, however, if you engage in masturbation more than that, you can experience problems like a limp, flaccid penis and reduced sexual drive.
- Increase in insulin levels: Consuming too much sugar during the day can result in spiked insulin (blood sugar levels) in your body. This ends up making you feel more lethargic. It was recently discovered that in men, insulin raises ‘oestrogen’, leading to low libido and in graver cases, erectile dysfunction. Another study linked excess glucose or blood sugar with a dip in the levels of testosterone, thus, leaving you limp before/after intercourse.
- Stress: Though some amount of stress is considered normal, when the levels of distress go sky-rocketing, it might leave you limp as if affects your sexual performance. Instead of relieving stress, sex ends up feeling more like a liability which can result in you having problems getting an erection or getting an orgasm.
Salivary gland cancer falls under the category of mouth cancers. The symptoms of salivary gland cancer include:
1. A lump or mass in the neck, face or mouth.
2. Pain in one area of the face, mouth or neck
3. There is a noticeable difference in the shape or size of the right and the left sides of the face.
4. Feeling numb and weakness on either side of the face.
The risks of salivary gland cancer are as follows:
1. Exposure to industrial radioactive chemicals
2. Diets high in animal fat but very low in vegetables and fruits
3. Consumption of alcohol and smoking, or chewing tobacco
4. Genetics or hereditary factors
The two most Ayurvedic treatment for salivary gland tumours are Arogyavardhini Vati and Punarnavadi Guggulu.
1. Arogyavardhini Vati: Arogyavardhini Vati is the best Ayurvedic remedy for digestive conditions. Salivary gland tumors do end up affecting digestion. This remedy is beneficial for such. Arogyavardhini must be taken cautiously since it has potent metal (mercury, sulphur, iron, mica and copper) ingredients. It balances the vata, kapha and pitta doshas in the body. Do not take this medicine if you're pregnant or lactating.
2. Punarnavadi Guggulu: Punarnavadi Guggulu is available in tablet form. It balances the vata and kapha dosha in the body. This medicines must be consumed carefully. The Ayurvedic practitioner must measure your doses strictly. Pregnant, lactating women and children must not consume this remedy.
Besides the two remedies, hot packs bring much relief, if you have pain in your face. Practicing Yoga and Pranayama daily can help the body flush out the ama (toxins) from the body.