Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahajay Daksha Patani
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mahajay Daksha PataniYour feedback matters!
Hey I have been having pains in my stomach sporadically but usually after a meal. What could it possibly be a sign of?
I am recently married man but during sex timing my penis was normal on maximum time. I am mentally disappointed for that. My sex life with my wife is not good. I am not willing do sex on daily basis but my wife wants that. I feel that I would not satisfy her. Pls suggest with some medicines that can strong my penis during sex time.
Is it true that carbohydrates raises sugar levels? If so then how does one get their daily 2000 calorie requirements from food? By limiting their carbs?
My wife got diagnosed with typhoid for the sixth time, she had already had typhoid in the alternate years for the past ten years. Necessary vaccinations have been done too. But still she is getting the typhoid time and again. Most of the doctors couldn't isolate the reason for the same. Only answer I get every time is TYPHOID CARRIER STAGE. But no doctors are having any solid ideas or treatments or solutions for curing this fever once for all. She is perfectly normal most of the times. We went to doctor 2 weeks before as she was having dysentery stomach pain tiredness and fever. When diagnosed we got to know the she is infected with both O and H type typhoid, please help me with proper steps to cure this issue once for all.
Nose bleeding happens because of presence of large amount of blood vessels in the nose and the reasons for nose bleeding are often nose picking, low levels of Vitamin K, cold and allergies and nose membrane getting dry along with so many other reasons. But there are ways with the help of which it can be prevented and stopped.
Let's first learn how it can be instantly stopped.
- Sit comfortably: When your nose starts bleeding, you should sit in a comfortable position. Do not stand or lie down because in these positions, blood may pass on to your throat which could be harmful. Tilt your face forward and let a piece of cloth soak in all the blood.
- Hold the nose: During nose bleeding, one should hold and pinch the nose for at least 10 minutes continuously. If it still doesn't stop bleeding then hold it for 5-7 minutes more. Holding or pinching the nose is necessary because bleeding can stop if direct pressure is put on nose for a longer time.
- Apply ice: Applying ice can be a great way of instantly stopping nose bleeding. Ice usually compresses and tightens the blood vessels because of which bleeding stops. Ice should preferably be applied on cheeks and nose. Alternatively, you can keep the ice in your mouth also for short intervals.
Nose bleeding can be prevented by taking the following measures :
- Elevate the nose while resting. Take 2-3 pillows while sleeping.
- Do not blow or scratch your nose forcefully.
- Keep your blood pressure in control because it will help in preventing nose-bleeding to a great extent.
- Avoid smoking because it delays the healing process.
- Make sure the room you sleep in isn?t dry. Keep a check on humidity of your room.
- Need to take special care in winters because the nose membrane gets dry mostly in winters.
- Drink plenty of water and citrus food to keep your nose moist and avoid milk, wheat and fried food.
- Do not overuse cold and allergy medicines. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ENT-specialist.