Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Madhuri MankarYour feedback matters!
The key to good bone health are calcium and vitamin D, both of which are stored in the bones. Along with strengthening of bones, calcium has been recently shown to play a major role in weight loss as well. Calcium is one of the essential minerals that are required for several important life processes. The deficiency of calcium can cause complications such as brittle and fragile bones that are more susceptible to fractures and diseases. Hence it is essential to consume a certain amount of food that is rich in calcium everyday for good health. Adults need about 1,000 milligrams a day—that's a little more than three 8-ounce glasses of milk—but what if you're vegan, lactose intolerant, or just don't like the taste of dairy products?
Here's a little-known fact: there are lots of non-dairy foods with calcium. Here are 10 of them:
- Broccoli (Calcium content: 47 milligrams in 100 gms) - Believe it or not, in addition to calcium this cruciferous veggie contains nearly twice the vitamin C of an orange. Research also shows that diets high in cruciferous vegetables like broccoli may be linked to a lower risk of certain types of cancer, including colon and bladder cancer.
- Kale (Calcium content: 150 milligrams in 100 gms) - This superfood has it all: it racks up just 30 calories per serving, provides a day's worth of vitamin C, and twice the recommended daily intake of vitamin A, not to mention that 101 milligrams of calcium per serving. It also provides a hefty dose of vitamin K, a nutrient that helps your blood clot. Without it, you wouldn't stop bleeding when you cut or bruise yourself.
- Figs (Calcium content: 26 milligrams in 100 gms) - Bite into a dried fig, and you'll think you're indulging in a super-sweet and sticky dessert, when in fact you're chowing down on a fiber- and potassium-packed fruit. Figs also supply you with magnesium, a nutrient the body uses in more than 300 biomechanical reactions, such as maintaining muscle function, keeping your heart rhythm steady, and strengthening your bones.
- Oranges (Calcium content: 40 milligrams in 100 gms) - You know oranges for their immune-boosting vitamin C content, but they're also low in calories and brimming with antioxidants.
- Beans (Calcium content: 442 milligrams in 100 gms) - These meaty little guys are rich in fiber, protein, and iron, and they're also one of the best nutritional sources of potassium. Additionally, they contain resistant starch, a healthy carb that boosts metabolism.
- Okra (Calcium content: 82 milligrams in 100 gms) - Okra contains constipation-fighting insoluble fiber, as well as vitamin B6 and folate. And don't write off this veggie if you've only ever had a boiled, slimy version; oven-roasting, sautéing, or grilling bring out the best flavor.
- Tofu (Calcium content: 350 milligrams in 100 gms) - You know tofu as a vegetarian source of protein. Turns out it's also a great source of calcium. Tofu is incredibly versatile—it takes on the flavor of whatever else you're cooking with it.
- Almonds (Calcium content: 264 milligrams in 100 gms) - Almonds, which are among the best nuts for your health, contain about 12% of your necessary daily protein, and are rich in vitamin E and potassium. And although they are fattening, it's the good kind of fat that helps lower your bad cholesterol levels as long as you enjoy them in moderation.
- Drumsticks (Calcium content: 185 milligrams in 100 gms) - The green vegetable features large quantities of iron, Vitamins as well as calcium. Drumsticks are recognized to offer healthy and strong bones and are also believed to purify the blood. Drumstick leaves particularly are said to be the blood purifier. For better outcomes have smashed drumstick leaves along with milk.
- Cluster Beans (Calcium content: 130 milligrams in 100 gms) - Cluster beans contain calcium, a mineral, which helps in strengthening the bones and thus, prevent bone loss. The presence of phosphorus in this vegetable aids in fortifying the bones and enhances your bone health.
Dr. I am 20 years old female and I am married for 2 years but not yet conceived although we r not using any contraception.
I am a housewife. I am five month pregnant. What precautions should I take to ensure smooth delivery. Thanks in advance.
I am a 22 year old girl. I am having period problem for past one year. I did ultrasound scanning and blood test. And the results were normal. Except that I was slightly anemic. I weigh 65 kgs and 156cm tall. I really dont know the reason for irregular periods. Could you please help and suggest a remedy too to solve my problem ?
Dear sir, I am 30 years male, married before 3 years, we trying conceive a child but unable, I had consult doctor and came to know that I have zero sperm count before 2 yrs, as per dovtor advice I hv done testicular biospy and found partial arrest, then I did my microscopic vea by urologist (andrologist), but same result till now, I am have good time sexual relationship with my wife but now I am hopeless. Please help me.
Me 15 Nov ko sex ki saare test negative aya to me phir b pill leli 3 din bleeding hua ultrasound report b negative aya per January me period nai aya to me dudh ajwain Khali to bleeding a gaya 7 din hua nrml period per isbar phir period nai aya is there any chance of ectopic?
I had missed my period since 2 weeks, and feeling exhausted, irritable, hypertension, weakness, Dr. what I do.
Health benefits of carrot juice:
1. Vitamin a booster
Vitamin a plays an important role in eyesight. Red-orange coloured foods such as carrots, pumpkins, and melons contain a pigment known as beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin a when consumed by the body. This then helps in maintaining good eyesight apart from other health benefiting properties. The main symptoms of vitamin a deficiency are vision loss or night blindness, so it is important to consume vitamin rich foods regularly.
2. Get your antioxidant fix
The carotenoids present in carrots also act as antioxidants, thereby fighting free radicals in your body and also slowing down the process of ageing. Antioxidant rich foods are necessary for good health because they help in clearing up toxins from the body, and can help in preventing cancer and heart disease.
3. Prevents cancer
After the process of digestion, some of the waste particles remain behind in our body, which is known as free radicals and they tend to damage the cells. Eating antioxidant-rich foods helps in fighting against these free radicals and thereby preventing the possibilities of the development of cancerous cells. Studies reveal that per 100 grams of carrots contain about 33% vitamin a, 9% vitamin c and 5% vitamin b-6, which collectively help in the fight against free radicals.
4. Boosts immunity
Juicing carrots give us its concentrated form with all its essential nutrients. Having a glass a day is said to work wonders in boosting immunity. Apart from helping the body against free radical damage, it also protects it against harmful bacteria, viruses, and inflammation. Carrot juice also contains various vitamins and minerals such as b6, k, potassium, phosphorous, etc. Which contribute to bone health, stronger nervous system and improve brain power.
5. Heart health
In order to maintain a healthy heart, it is essential to be physically active, get an adequate amount of sleep and decrease your stress levels. However, all of this must be balanced with a well thought through diet for it to have a positive effect. Carrots, which are loaded with antioxidants and dietary fiber, work towards keeping your heart healthy by removing plaque from the arteries and maintaining blood circulation.
6. For glowing skin
The presence of antioxidants and essential minerals such as potassium contribute to preventing cell degradation, thereby keeping your skin healthy and young. These nutrients also protect your skin against dryness, improving skin tone and reducing scars and blemishes. This is the reason why you often find carrots being used in natural home remedies for beauty.
7. Maintaining cholesterol and blood sugar
Carrot juice works as a miracle in maintaining cholesterol and blood sugar levels, thanks to its potassium content. It is low in calories and sugar content and the essential vitamins and minerals present in it collectively work to prevent diabetes. It also increases bile secretion, which helps in burning fat thus aiding weight loss. It is often recommended as a pre or post workout food for a nutritional boost.
Periods came on 18th July. Ivf. Embryo transfer is on 7 august. Symptoms that periods will come again. M on progynova and osetogen gel. Help that these stops periods.
Please I'm sad tell me what to do from past 5 months I have been trying to be pregnant yet I can't be.
Fatigue and weakness
Fuzzy vision and eye floaters
Hair loss or thinning of hair
Pain in the lower back
Premature ejaculation and soft erections (in men)
Seminal leakage (in men)
For some, masturbating is simply a method for discharging the overabundance vitality that is repressed, because of absence of satisfactory physical activity. Arranging for a solid workout routine won't just keep you physically fit yet can likewise diminish the need to masturbate unnecessarily every day.
Milk with saffron-
Drink glass of warm milk mixed with 2-3 strands of saffron before going to sleep can reverse the masturbation addiction.
Ginger is known as an effective antioxidant. Consuming ginger and honey mixture daily to improve your blood circulation and it will ensure you from yielding to the temptation of masturbating. Add ginger in your regular diet.
Cranberry and orange
Drink cranberry and orange juice every day. It will supply essential nutrients to your body, thus compensating the side-effects of over-masturbation like physical, mental and sexual exhaustion.
Time is precious - get up
On the off chance that you invest the vast majority of your time alone at home, in your room, you may feel enticed to masturbate, just to feel somewhat better. Make it a point to go out for a couple of hours daily, regardless of the fact that it is just to strive for a walk or run a couple of errands. Enter your room just when you are prepared to rest.
Individuals who are under a ton of anxiety attempt to feel good by masturbating. Then again, the inclination of prosperity achieved by masturbation is makeshift and you may experience weariness or emotions of blame at a latter point of time. As far as relaxing is concerned, different strategies like yoga, meditation, deep breathing, tai chi and massage treatment are a ton more successful. Additionally, these procedures ease stress, as well as help you like yourself over the long haul.
Eat more soybean products and try to reduce excessive caffeine from your diet. Increase consumption of nutty foods like peanuts, sunflower seeds. Also eat more green vegetables, sea foods and avoid red meat and too much dairy product. Instead of soda, drinking fresh orange juice or cranberry juice and, of course, drink 8-9 glasses of water daily.
Zinc rich diet
Increase consumption of foods rich in zinc. It will help to deal with the negative side-effects of over-masturbation.