Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My kid is having dry cough. He vomited just now. And he is having cold feet n cold hands. His head is hot. What should I do?
I am 26 years old and breastfeeding. I get leg cramps in the night. I take my meals on time. I drink milk at night but still because of the pain I can't sleep the whole night. Please prescribe any medicines.
My daughter she 2 years 6 month she fell ill due to indigestion. And started to vomit and doc gave few medicines after that she started to pass loose tools. It's almost 1 week now she not eating her food. Her tummy to bolted and when I fed her she brings it out. She only take smashed food. Still doesn't like to chew her food. But other things she knows to chew but the quantity what I give it's like giving to a bird. Please tell.
I am a feeding mother my son have 7 months old. He is suffering with motions I am already consult the doctor and use medicine but no use and does not control. I am also suffering with stomach pain. It comes with intervals and come on abdomen to stomach with highly. So in this time can I give feeding to my son and can I know what s the problem.
Dear doctor. My son having respiratory prob. He is 8 months. He did't take any food. Only taking mother feed. Kindly advise to which type food I wll put to my child.
She has 16 month old now. But all physically developments late. I mean physically well. But they happened few day ya month later. Can you help me?
My baby is born normally and she is 23 days old. She has nasal congestion. Nasal drops are not working. Vomiting after feeding is another issue with her. In a day she is fed 8 to 10 times and she vomits the same time. It will be a great help if you give a good help.
My baby is 1 month old, I want to know the baby care products, which brand is best? Especially which cream should I use for my baby?
Hello, My question is about my son aged about 10 years and his problem is, he has no control over his bowels/ he acts as he is unaware or what is his problem we are not able to understand, he will almost shit in his pants when he is back from school. He is not very regular in his daily motions, he will go in afternoon/ sometimes will not go will go the next day. He hogs on food particularly non-veg, Please suggest how to over come this problem.
My daughter is now 2. 7yrs old she suffering from hard stool and absent one or two days from stool. Kindly solve this problem.
Son is 1.9 years old. And in our location hospital is about 10kms away! I want to know what is the immediate thing i've to do if while eating or drinking some food particles or milk got stuck in mouth airway. Because this is a common dangerous accident that can happen among kids!
Pl prescribe home-medicine with respective doses for a 2 years 9 months baby for A) Cough n Cold, B) High Fever (101dgr, C) Pain due to Fall, D) Sudden Vomiting. She is my grand-daughter.
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- Calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- It is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- Calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- It is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- Since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- A calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- Lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- If your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- Bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- Lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.
My daughter is 15 months old. She is active. I am giving milk, rice, vegetables and fruits in daily food. Shall I start her giving non veg. please suggest me what to give for better growth of my baby. Her weight is 2.8 kg at birth. Now she is only 8.5 kg. I consulted pediatrician also. I am giving min min syrup daily.
We have 3 years old son, he doesn't eat anything, we use" Apti Must" hungry syrup, but no change, we are so worrying about that, and he doesn't sleep properly, and always crying. Please give me a best suggestion for him.
My 4 years son attained a dinner party yesterday. He is vomiting everything 4 hrs after eating anything. I am giving ondem 7.5ml today in the night and give food after 30mnt of medication. But again he vomit everything after 2 hrs of giving food. Within these 14hrs he vomited 4 times. I am afraid. Please help me any experienced pediatric doctor.
A child’s tantrums, especially during teens, are quite common. However, there could be some children who could be exhibiting an extreme version of these symptoms. This is known as oppositional defiant disorder.
Children with this disorder become easily irritable, angry, argumentative, defiant and feel vindictive against most elders (parents, teachers, and others). While this is something very common and can be ignored to be a part of teenage tantrums, the issue is when these symptoms do not seem to end. If they persist for beyond 6 months, it is time to worry. These may then begin to interfere with their daily activities including schooling, where they may not be easy for the teacher to manage.
Diagnosis of ODD: With the changing behaviour of teenagers, it is often difficult to pinpoint and say there is ODD. However, some guidelines for diagnosis are listed below. Angry/irritable, argumentative, defiant and vindictive. If these symptoms are seen for more than 6 months with no inducing reason, happens with non-siblings, and is affecting learning and playing, it is highly likely the child has ODD.
These symptoms can occur at home, at school, or in other settings – seen respectively in one, two, or more settings. Some of the symptoms are listed below.
- Repeated temper tantrums
- Anger bursts, swearing, using obscene language
- Extremely argumentative, especially with people in authority (teachers, parents, etc.)
- Annoying others and getting annoyed easily
- Noncompliance to rules and regulations at school and institutions
- Defending one’s mistakes and blaming others for it
- These result in poor academic performance, antisocial behavior, substance abuse, and higher suicidal tendencies.
Treatment depends on the presenting symptoms, the age of the child, and supportive care available. The child should be able to actively take part in psychotherapy to reap good benefits. It would otherwise be a task with no results.
- Psychotherapy will help the child improve its cope and express and control anger. This also improves problem-solving skills.
- Cognitive-behavioural therapy tries to mould the behaviour.
- If required, the parents also would be involved to improve family’s involvement in the treatment. Caretakers are given special training if required so that they can support in long-term medical care.
- The child also needs to be trained for appropriate behaviour under different circumstances.
- Rewards for positive behaviour and punishments for negative behaviour are useful ways.
Prevention: Early identification can help in minimizing distress to the family and help in the early arrest of the disease. The family is also taught basic and simple steps which can help in supporting therapy. Early rejection at school and loss of learning, can happen which can be managed with early intervention. A nurturing and supportive family can help manage the child very well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.