Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Madhukar
Submit a review for Dr. MadhukarYour feedback matters!
My dad is diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer. The cancer has spread to his liver and pancreas He completed his first chemotherapy 3 days back. Till today he did not have any nausea, but today he had some vomiting in dark colour like black. Could you please suggest what needs to be done now and what exactly is this condition?
Cancer in the female reproductive organs has been on the rise in the past few years and is a major health concern. While conventional medicine has been able to improve certain aspects of the lives of patients afflicted by this, Ayurveda also has some great remedies for cervical cancer. Let's have a look at some of the remedies in Ayurveda.
- Ashwagandha or Withania Somnifera: Ashwagandha is an all rounder herb, which has long been a favorite of Ayurvedic practitioners. It is a great antioxidant as it has very strong anti-inflammatory properties which help fight the growth of cancer cells and thus can be very helpful in arresting or preventing cervical cancer.
- Lodhra or Symplocus Racemosa: This is a herb, which is used as an extract in powders or even found in the form of capsules. It is commonly used to treat vaginal discharges and menstrual problems and has been known to be very effective. It is also very useful for all cancers of the female reproductive organs including the cervix.
- Shatavari or Asparagus Racemosus: As a herb, Shatavari is very good in increasing libido in women and also increasing energy for daily activities. Ayurvedic practitioners have used this herb to treat many female sexual disorders since ages. It is also very effective in preventing cervical cancer and limiting the growth of cancer cells within the female reproductive organs.
- Ashoka bark of Saraka Indica: This is another ingredient, which is used frequently in the female health products. Ashoka bark is of special interest in case of female reproductive health as it has been known to reduce pain and symptoms caused by tumors in various organs. This natural remedy is also very effective in lessening painful PMS symptoms and correct menstrual problems. Thus, it can also reduce the chances of cervical cancer and also keep it under check.
- Guggul or Commiphora Mukul: Used in many health tonics because of its rejuvenating properties, this herb can be very helpful in the treatment of cervical cancer as it provides the body with many essential minerals which cannot be administered by other medications or food.
Her mother was a cervical cancer patient. Please let me know that 1. Is this type of disease is hereditary? 2. If yes. For taking precaution what she should?
Main 22 saal ki woman hun. Meri breast pe pain hota tha or lump feel hota tha, isiliye maine breast USG kiya. Report me like hai-" Both breast show abnormal proliferation of fibro glandular components with heterogeneous, coarse and echogenic parenchyma. Both breasts show thickenings of fibroglandular layers. Nodular accentuation of terminal ducto lobular' units are seen" 1.Parenchymal perfusion is inhomogeneously increased. 2.Both breasts are comparable. 3.There is no solid or cystic lesion seen. 4.No calcification is seen. 5.No axillary lymph node is seen. 6.Retro mammary spaces are normal. 7.Bilateral skin and subcutaneous fascial layers are normal. IMPRESSION- Focal Changes Of Fibroadenosis In Both Breasts. BIRADS-Category ll. Adv-6 monthly Follow Up. Main aab kya karu? Mujhe kya huya hai please bataiye? Serious kuch to nehi huya mere breast me? Main think toh ho jayungi nah doctors? please REPORT DEKHKE bataiye Please
I am 38 years old I am suffering from neck pain and also neuro fibroma I have many swellings like cancer in my backside near to spinal cord what can I do.
Dear respected gynecologists/ pulmonologist/ oncologist my wife have bronchial asthma now. There is a known family history of bronchial asthma, osteosarcoma and penile cancer for two grand fathers. So, there is a family history of cancer also. Please suggest me how to plan for the child now. Is there any solutions to prevent this genetic diseases by transmitting to my childrens or any other solutions to overcome this problem? Can I go for egg recepit from someone and plan for IUI?
What is the symptoms of cancer and hepatitis b. Please help me. What medicine should be take for that disease.
Cancer in colon forms due to uncontrolled cell growth in the large intestine cells. Most colon cancers originate from the healthy cells in the lining of the colon that grow into tumors called adenomatous polyps. These polyps can be cancerous or benign. A cancerous tumor is malignant and may spread to the other parts of the body by traveling through blood and lymph systems, this process is known as metastasis. Whereas a benign tumor can grow but don’t necessarily spread to other parts of the body. It takes years for these changes to develop depending upon both genetic and environmental causes.
Causes and risk factors:
In a healthy body, the cells normally grow, divide and then die. Cancer is the result of uncontrollable cell growth where the cells do not die. Aging is one of the important risk factors for colon cancer; other risk factors include a family history of colon cancer. As per Johns LE and Houlston RS individuals with a family history of colon cancer have a high risk of developing this form of cancer as compared to those with no such history. A study conducted by Giovannucci and others in 1995, successfully established the relation between physical activity, obesity and colon cancer. As per the research lack of physical activities elevates the chance of getting colon cancer. Individuals who regularly smoke, are obese and use aspirin have a higher risk of developing this form of cancer. Diet is also an important factor, diets that are high in fat and low in fiber may elevate the risk.
The symptoms of colon cancer are varied, depending upon the condition of the tumor. At the early stage, patients may experience no symptoms. However, as cancer grows, symptoms arise. Diarrhea or constipation are common; patients may see changes in stool consistency and narrower stool. Abdominal discomfort, bloating, fullness and cramps may also indicate colon cancer. Sudden weight loss and unexplained iron deficiency (anemia) are also associated with this form of cancer. If these symptoms last for several weeks, don’t hesitate to consult your physician.
Colon cancer is highly treatable and depends on the type and the stage of cancer along with health and other characteristics of the patient. However, there is no single treatment; the most common options are – surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy. The surgery for colon cancer is known as colectomy and involves removing the affected part of the colon and the adjoining areas including nearby lymph nodes. Chemotherapy involves killing the cancer cells by utilizing certain chemicals that interfere the cell division process and damage the proteins or DNA. In the radiation therapy, high-energy gamma rays are used to target and destroy the cancer cells. Radiotherapy can be used both as a standalone treatment and also along with other treatments. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.