Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Helo Dr. Mein drink smoke kuch nhi karti fir bhi mere lips ka colour dark ho gaya hai pls kuch bataiye jisse pink ho jaye again cream medicine kuch.
I was suffering from lichen planus. My patches are still on my skin. Please suggest how I'll erase this lichen planus patches.
I have dark circles under my eyes from many years I tried different different treatment but I got zero result.
I am suffering from dark black spots at my both ankles and toe from last 2 years taken lots of medicines also and applied creams also But no result till yet.
I am having dark circles and due to sun my skin colour got dark so suggest something homemade nuskha how to get rid from this problem.
A common mole is a form of growth on the surface of the skin. It occurs when the skin pigment cells or melanocytes grow in clusters. Moles are common in most adults and occur in places and areas, which are most exposed to the sun. Moles may be present from birth or may appear at a later stage. Moles develop until the age of forty.
Moles are generally round or oval in shape and their surface is smooth with distinct edges. They are dome shaped. Common moles are pink, tan or brown in color. People with dark skin complexion develop dark-colored moles.
Sometimes, moles may change in color and shape. This might be an indication of a skin cancer condition known as Melanoma.
Here are the indications that a mole is cancerous in nature:
- When the color of the mole changes
- When the mole becomes smaller or bigger in an uneven manner
- When the shape, texture or height of a mole changes
- When the skin around the mole turns dry and scaly
- When the mole starts itching
- When there is bleeding or oozing from the mole
Features of Melanoma:
Changes in the shape, size, color or feeling of an existing mole are an indication of Melanoma. The features of this condition can be observed by the changes that occur in the mole. The 'ABCDE' rule can be used to define the features:
- Asymmetry: This means that the shape of one half of the mole is not matching with the other half.
- Irregular border: The borders or edges are ragged, notched and the outline seems blurred. There are chances that the pigment might spread to the surrounding skin surface.
- Uneven color: This indicates that the mole may be of uneven colors. There might be shades of black, brown, tan and also areas of red, white, gray, pink or blue.
- Mole diameter: There is a change in the size and diameter of a mole in cases of Melanoma. Usually, the size increases. Some Melanoma moles may be tiny, but most are wider than six millimeters.
- Evolving: There is an evolution over weeks and months, where the changes in appearance occur. Moles that lead to Melanoma vary a lot. Some cases of Melanoma may have all the above mentioned features while other cases may indicate two or three of the features.
When moles change in color and size, it is because of Melanoma. Several tests have to be carried out to detect whether a mole is cancerous or not, and after that, medical measures must be taken. Melanoma is a serious form of skin cancer and should be attended to immediately.
Hi, I have been using epilator for last 3 years for hands and legs. I see that that the skin tone has darkened for hands. Even for my legs I have peeled off few unfold hairs which has left mark and looks bad when I wear any short dresses. Can you please suggest remedy for these?
I am student studying 11 th standard tell me that when to sleep and get up earlier can I use these phones in 11th and 12th standard to get good marks.
Few days ago I went to washroom and there was blood coming from my anus before pooping and later on its paining like hell. I don't know whats happening to me and I'm in a serious pain right now and I can't even poop because of that pain. Please somebody help me I can't even share this to anyone in my family and got this app. So please let me know whats happening to me and what should I do after that to lesser that pain.
I am a 26 year old men I have a skin problem like small boxes in my some part of my body. What should I do?
How to get rid of anal fissure problem. It's happening since a year. Sometimes it will go off and again it will occur.
A dermatologist is a medical professional who is trained to treat disorders pertaining to skin, hair and nails and genital diseases. Reddened skin, irritation, abnormal patches, blemishes on the skin etc. are the conditions affecting most people at some point of their lives. Hair loss, irritation on the scalp, dandruff, brittle nails are common as well and it is important to see a dermatologist if such conditions persist to prevent any major issue and for the overall well-being of an individual. Here are some very common reasons that drive people to visit their dermatologist.
1. Acne - Acne is the most common skin woe among teenagers and it affects adults as well. Although people tend to self- medicate or use home remedies for treating acne, it is important to recognize its cause. If acne is one's constant reason of embarrassment, it's time to see a professional and get some customized medication.
2. Sun spots or mole - Overexposure to the sun can cause varied skin conditions among which sunspots and sunburns are most commonly seen. If the exposed area develops irritation and red patches, one should seek professional help. An early examination can detect adverse issues like skin cancer. Moles are also very common, some people have moles since birth, and some develop new ones later in life. It is a cause of concern if the mole changes size, color or if it bleeds scabs or pains.
3. Eczema - Eczema is a broad term used to describe certain chronic conditions of the skin. Eczema causes the skin to become red, itchy, dry and swollen. It leads to great discomfort and distress often ruining one's sleep and mental peace. Atopic Dermatitis is a most common form of Eczema usually seen in children. Proper treatment can cause it to subside. If you observe any symptoms of eczema, a visit to the dermatologist is a must.
4. Patches of skin lighter or darker than the normal skin tone - Often some areas of the skin change color and they are not always the result of sun exposure because sometimes the skin can also become lighter. These may be symptoms serious diseases like leprosy or even cutaneous lymphoma, a kind of cancer or a disorder in the connective tissue. A thorough examination will reveal its cause and treatment can be opted for, which will require a visit to a dermatologist.
5. Hair loss - Hair loss may be due to various reasons and a dermatologist is best to treat it.
6. Psoriasis - It is an autoimmune skin disease which causes red scaly rashes on the body. It is important to diagnose and treat it effectively and one should visit a dermatologist for the same.
7. Nail problems - Apart from fungal infection, there are many other conditions which affect nails and the only dermatologist can identify it. So if you have any issues related to nail, consult a dermatologist.
8. Sexually Transmitted Diseases - Unprotected sexual intercourse can predispose one to many sexually transmitted diseases apart from HIV, for example, genital herpes, molluscum, genital warts etc and a dermatologist is well trained for diagnosis and treatment of the same.
Related Tip: Best Summer Hair Care Regimen for Lifeless Hair?