Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
What is the reason for increase in blood sugar to 400? My father never had sugar problem. He is 69 now.
I am in a variety situation, this started 1 month back, I got fever which is viral fever which lost for one day, after that cold started and after two days throat infection started it last for 15 days, due this continuous illness I was completely terrified. With my doctor suggestions had complete body check and it was found that I have vitamin-d insufficiency (21 instead of 30-100). I started taking arachitol Nano syp for, now I feel pain in my right chest almost near to my right armpit, but when I press their I don't feel the pain but in certain hand position I feel the pain, I feel like never I caught by something. When I said in home they said it gas, since using that vitamin-d syrup. Is this true or is it any serious issue. Now I don't have any fever or any other problem. I am getting very depressed of my health situation.
I want to increase my weight but when I try to take proper diet my stomach is not allowed to feed myself and I feel like vomiting.what is wrong with me?
Hello Doctor, My girlfriend is getting blood in urine. We had sexual intercourse 4 days back and thereafter she had an iPill (Contraceptive. What could be the reasons? Do we need to see a doctor? Thanks.
I am 20 years old. I have throat infection and little cold please suggest some medicines. I also have dust allergy since a long time. Thanks.
This is a disease that affects the large intestine and the rectum. The Ulcerative Colitis refers to the inflammation in the innermost lining of the large intestine. The main function of the large intestine is to absorb water from indigestible food matter in the body before throwing away any waste. Hence, the large intestine is a vital part of our body. If left untreated, the disease increases risk of colon cancer.
- Diarrhea with blood or pus: A person suffering from Ulcerative Colitis is likely to suffer from loose stools accompanied with blood or pus.
- Stomach pain and Cramping: In many cases, patients complain of severe stomach pain and cramping.
- Rectal pain: At times, many patients feel pain while sitting or even after a bowel movement.
- Bleeding from the rectum: Bleeding can be observed while passing stools.
The other complications leading to this disease are kidney stones, swelling of the colon, thickening of intestinal walls and blood infection.
This disease can be diagnosed by several methods. A simple stool test may be done to check out for bacteria and parasites. A blood test to check the level of C-reactive protein helps determine the inflation rate of the body. Endoscopy, colonoscopy, biopsy are some other methods of diagnosis.
- Oral medication: Treatment involves drug therapy or surgery. The first step in treating Ulcerative Colitis will be an intake of anti-inflammatory drugs, but these may have a side effect. Another option is immune system suppressors, which help to bring down the inflammation by suppressing the immune system response. Antibiotics, anti-diarrheal medications, pain relievers are some of the additional drug supplements recommended by doctors.
- Surgery: Surgery plays an important role because this disease is pre-malignant in nature. Depending on the severity of the condition, the medical practitioner may advice surgery. The common methods of surgery are:
- Proctocolectomy and Ileostomy: Proctocolectomy involves removal of the colon in part or whole. Ileostomy is carried out by placing a special bag in the small intestine to collect waste from the body.
- Proctocolectomy and Ileo-anal: Ileo-anal pouch is a bag directly created the small intestine and connected to the anus, for diffusing the stools. As colon is removed Ulcerative Colitis cannot re-occur.
Precautions after surgery
It is very important that the patient takes healthy, sufficient and nutritious food so that bowel movement can be carried out with ease and zero strain. The patient has to restrict lifting of heavy grocery, mowing the lawn, any physical activity that can strain the abdomen and related areas.